Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

GCValentine posted:

Bit of a specific technical question about buying the expansions.

"FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD, which will be provided at release on July 2, 2019"

If I buy Shadowbringers now would the first two expansions be added to my account immediately or would I not get them until July 2nd? In our modern age I would assume I get them right away but square's online services seem a bit antiquated and the wording of that line makes it sound like they make you wait.

It probably doesn't matter since I have the free heavensward code anyway and July 2nd isn't that far way.

The store you buy the expansion from is not directly linked to mogstation or your account, so you don't get any of the expansions until the Shadowbringers CD keys gets sent out on July 2nd.

For early access, the store gives you a different pre-order key. You then input that on the early access redemption site, which then provides you with a different key to put into Mogstation. Square's online account management is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I really wish you could just buy the new expansion from the Mog Station instead of having to go through a separate store and having to wait to put in the product key and all that.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

kirbysuperstar posted:

get married, today

Fun times last night. People got married, very few casualties. Overall, an A+ experience.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

TastesLikeChicken posted:

I know, right? They’re giving me cavities, but I love it. Especially their picnic with their doggo. :3:

:3:

On a related note

My butt!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

What exactly is the point of New Game+ if it doesn't give xp? Are people really frothing at the mouth to do ten billion fetch quests again?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zokari posted:

What exactly is the point of New Game+ if it doesn't give xp? Are people really frothing at the mouth to do ten billion fetch quests again?

People like the storyline and want to replay pivotal moments to re-experience it without having to go through the entire game again.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Zokari posted:

Some, yes. It also further incentivizes boost potions, to where folks can experience those quests at their own pace / without blocking progression in current content.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

EponymousMrYar posted:

But would you do the 60 quest doldrums of the 100 quest demarcation between ARR and HW? That's the real metric here.

Unequivocally yes.

Zokari posted:

Yes, it was asked about all the time.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Who doesn't want to throw down with Raubahn at Ishgard again?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

If it was just the ability to replay those solo fights, that'd be one thing, otherwise I don't get it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A while back they said they were looking into special 'class emotes' which would involve redoing old dungeons. I would not be entirely surprised if there's some kind of cosmetic reward for a NG+ or something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

A while back they said they were looking into special 'class emotes' which would involve redoing old dungeons. I would not be entirely surprised if there's some kind of cosmetic reward for a NG+ or something.
Or at least a title. Maybe <Big Dumb Idiot>

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd never need another title again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I mean you say that but I'm pretty sure that title would be a legitimate selling point to a lot of people.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

I mean you say that but I'm pretty sure that title would be a legitimate selling point to a lot of people.

It me

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

But <Honest Gillionaire> has been around since before ARR?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If that was ever a title I am pretty sure any time I went into a dungeon it would just be 3 Lalafell with that title.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
<<Completionist Nerd>>

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

Algid posted:

But <Honest Gillionaire> has been around since before ARR?

Yeah people typically call me Big Dumb Idiot when I tell them how I got it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Crackerjack posted:

Fun times last night. People got married, very few casualties. Overall, an A+ experience.

Every FFXIV wedding I've been to/seen screenshots of has at least one person wearing Amon's Hat.

I think you technically can't have the ceremony unless you've invited someone who has and will wear the hat.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Failboattootoot posted:

Unequivocally yes.

You poor soul.

Leofish posted:

Every FFXIV wedding I've been to/seen screenshots of has at least one person wearing Amon's Hat.

I think you technically can't have the ceremony unless you've invited someone who has and will wear the hat.

I've been to a wedding or two where I haven't see anyone wearing it.

It's kind of hard to see other hats beyond it, true :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Love this dumb game. (I'm Val) :allears:

/edit: I take everything back.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 16, 2019

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Leofish posted:

It's true.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Love this dumb game. (I'm Val) :allears:

/edit: I take everything back.

I thought every Astrologian knew to practice safe sects.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

faptown posted:

Yeah people typically call me Big Dumb Idiot when I tell them how I got it.
Used to be that it took years even with optimal use of leves, I'm pretty sure these days hunt tiger and <The Hand of Mercy> would take the Big Dumb Idiot crown.

Algid fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 16, 2019

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

true hero babey

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I think the "The Luckiest of Lords" currently takes the cake as the most bullshit title in the game, being absurdly grindy and absurdly random. Not sure if anyone actually has it yet, but if they do they're a big dumb idiot and I pity them.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Xerophyte posted:

I think the "The Luckiest of Lords" currently takes the cake as the most bullshit title in the game, being absurdly grindy and absurdly random. Not sure if anyone actually has it yet, but if they do they're a big dumb idiot and I pity them.

The Necromancer is pretty bad too.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sounds like jealousy to me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't there one for soloing Heaven on High?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Maybe they don't believe in sects before marriage.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't there one for soloing Heaven on High?

Lone Hero

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Jose Valasquez posted:

The Omega story was no more fanservice than Ivalice and the Omega story was more enjoyable

As someone who never even finished Omega and is a huge FFT fanboy, I have to say that the Ivalice stuff was really boring and I am far more attached to the character of Omega, the evil killer robot, than anyone from the Ivalice storyline.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
I've skipped every cutscene I possibly can, clicked rapidly through all dialogue and play the game muted 99.9% of the time. I would do new game plus if it awarded something nice, but it definitely won't.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Clarste posted:

As someone who never even finished Omega and is a huge FFT fanboy, I have to say that the Ivalice stuff was really boring and I am far more attached to the character of Omega, the evil killer robot, than anyone from the Ivalice storyline.

You should finish Omega normal at least because the story gets pretty solid right in the last couple fights. Also the fights are good.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Krabboss posted:

I've skipped every cutscene I possibly can, clicked rapidly through all dialogue and play the game muted 99.9% of the time. I would do new game plus if it awarded something nice, but it definitely won't.

you suck

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

No idea who anybody is or what their motivations are. Barely grasp who is involved in the war at all really. I'm here to do mechanics and sell things to people on the marketboard.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
your meat is huge

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You have the microscope zoomed in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Now I want there to be a boss in the new expansion who is like the Bardam second boss but you have to solve FFXIV plot trivia questions to defeat.