Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nurge posted:

Brown Moses is cool, and good. I get that most of you have never seen actual journalism, but it's loving hilarious that people expect by default for reporters to cheer for some loving team. You're all idiots.

I don’t think so, Tim .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
first they came for the cia stooges

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Nurge posted:

Brown Moses is cool, and good. I get that most of you have never seen actual journalism, but it's loving hilarious that people expect by default for reporters to cheer for some loving team. You're all idiots.

Being able to take a few punches and stand is not a symptom of toxic masculinity. It's called being prepared for a world which will crush and grind you up without hesitation. Soft values are all fine and good till you actually meet someone who doesn't subscribe to it. Welcome to China rolling over the entire world because no one knows how to respond. Goddamn idiocy. The only problem with "toxic masculinity" is that only men really learn it growing up. It needs to be taught to everyone.

It's too late now anyway. 美好的一天 to you all.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Maybe third times the charm for post 9/11 american wars and Iran will finally kill the great satan inshallah

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/m_e_e_t_a/status/1139856290673565696

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bring back the original title iif the thread that was a brown Moses change

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Nurge posted:

I get that most of you have never seen actual journalism,

i love journalism. show me some actual journalism in your opinion. i'd like that.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im gonna bodyslam journalism

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Brown Moses posted:

Seeing you all appear to think my opinion on this incident is so important you can go read it in the New York Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/opinion/iran-tanker-attacks.html

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Everything about this is really funny but especially the continuing meltdown in D&D

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"I included a bit about how the US intelligence community has lied before, but it was cut from the published piece by NYT, but only because my article was 200 words over, and not for any other reason"

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

John Charity Spring posted:

Everything about this is really funny but especially the continuing meltdown in D&D

yeah but that's mostly just Volkerball and everyone knows he has a sloshing bowl of piss where his brain should be

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

watch brown Moses start a war xD

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
watch brown moses in the hague

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Eox posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

gradenko_2000 posted:

"I included a bit about how the US intelligence community has lied before, but it was cut from the published piece by NYT, but only because my article was 200 words over, and not for any other reason"

Title: 15 words
Captions: 100 words
Subtitle: 20 words
How to read marintraffic.com 3600 words
Questioning Motives: 0 words
someone who is good at writing please help me edit this. my journalism is dying

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Did you know that everyone critiquing me, the perfect rational evidence-based journalist, is an Extremist? I am in the middle and thus correct.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Eox posted:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

hate it when they dont publish the lede

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

just a reminder that this entire time saudi arabia and the US have been dropping chemical weapons and other munitions on civilian populations in yemen

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

not mentioning the OPCW leaks and other reporting on the alleged syria gas attack showing it may have been a false flag used to escalate US involvement which was literally only just one year ago is journalistic malpractice when you publish a story concern trolling about whether this could be a gulf of tonkin incident

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

THS posted:

he probably sees himself like nate silver in not trying to editorialize too much because he's just reporting the Data and the Facts. of course, [zizek voice] that is pure ideology

ding ding ding ding ding ding

Brown Moses posted:

I think this is something the reaction to the article has demonstrated clearly, those with strong political ideologies, left or right, are annoyed about its content because it doesn't support their conclusions based on their own political ideologies, because my intention wasn't to project my own political ideology onto the evidence. Intent is key, if you want to read some talking head explaining why it's clearly a false flag/definitely Iran responsible you have Fox News and Russia Today to watch for that. I just wanted to show that the evidence presented so far is inconclusive for either viewpoint, but apparently that's a rabidly pro-war/anti-American position, depending on your ideology.

Brown Moses posted:

But I don't have that override my opinion of the evidence, which is the main complaint of people, left and right, about that article. People who have strong political beliefs tend to project the way they allow that to inform their opions onto other people with less strident beliefs.

Out of interest, those of you commenting on "open source journalism", how many of you actually have any experience at all in the media, or doing open source investigation?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Someone post the gif

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The funny thing is that I've been seeing a decent amount of anti-imperialist media saying it's very possible that at least some of the attacks on boats were by Iran. The last War Nerd discussed the possibility.

The difference is they put it in the context of Iran being under siege by illegal US sanctions that are killing people, so Iran actually doing an attack that cripples a boat doesn't even reach the level of proportionate response.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

the first step is acceptance

Brown Moses posted:

I dunno guys, maybe you could read it in the context of the rest of the article? Obviously the mistake I made was not writing "full communism now" 333 times in a row and submitting that to the editor.

you need to double that number though lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

belling the cat is another good aphorism ruined by a goon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao i thought the 200 words over the limit was a joke

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

even in dnd hes getting roasted lol

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Good thing he's got Volkerball and Fishmech there to stan for him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Helsing posted:

Good thing he's got Volkerball and Fishmech there to stan for him

is there a boot in existence that either will not lick

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Brown Moses is literally doing the journalistic equivalent of loving phrenology and the libs are just hooting and hollering because they only hear the dulcet tones of the passive voice.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Calibanibal posted:

even in dnd hes getting roasted lol

Dnd?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Nurge posted:

i hope lucy chain probates you again

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

His CIA handlers thinks he's a little bitch. Usually people just take their money and write their stupid articles. But BM will endlessly post on forums defending his garbage, as if he actually believes what he's saying. Pathetic. Sad. But a great success for the dnd's experimental Social Media Team.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Goon Project: Start a war with Iran.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Instant Sunrise posted:

Goon Project: Start a war with Iran.

careful what you wish for , a certain somebody was used as propaganda for Trump to make sure people knew Hillary was responsible for Benghazi . the butterfly effect

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Kindest Forums User posted:

His CIA handlers thinks he's a little bitch. Usually people just take their money and write their stupid articles. But BM will endlessly post on forums defending his garbage, as if he actually believes what he's saying. Pathetic. Sad. But a great success for the dnd's experimental Social Media Team.

dnd?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

just a reminder that chris hedges proudly quit from the new york times under threat of being fired for not toeing the line on the iraq war

imagine how brain diseased you gotta be to waddle in proud of pushing war propaganda for the new york times

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

just a reminder that chris hedges proudly quit from the new york times under threat of being fired for not toeing the line on the iraq war

imagine how brain diseased you gotta be to waddle in proud of pushing war propaganda for the new york times

chris hedges is obviously not a real journalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ah the problem of ideology, something plaguing the practice of journalism from its literal founding day. luckily i have managed to simply avoid it, using non-ideological tools like wikipedia and google