Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, I let a man I love very much edit the episode but it took a while due to RL bullshit.

I can’t tell whether you or your boyfriend are the most talented. Five stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's a two-for-one Wednesday I guess! I just can't not dive back into editing.

Coq au Nandos posted:

I can’t tell whether you or your boyfriend are the most talented. Five stars.

:kimchi:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, I let a man I love very much edit the episode but it took a while due to RL bullshit.

Gotta admit, I wasn't completely sold, but then the end credits hit.

Brilliant.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
:glomp: Thanks for the support, I'm glad you guys loved it! Once I hit my stride, it really came together super well. It was extremely fun to make and I want to do more some day!

Korean Boomhauer fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 13, 2019

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Lizard Wizard posted:

only 10 weeks late

but worth the weight

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I finished RPM. It was a pretty entertaining season. Fun characters, nice suits. They made good use of the setting. But the noise those grinders made really started to get on my nerves.

Zords were...okay. I just don't like Zords with big floppy parts and animal mouth hands.

At least now I understand why people tend to compare it with In Space. Especially with the "surprising" reveal.

Also the finale of dropping a building on Venjix was pretty neat. :)

Darth TNT fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 13, 2019

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Thanks for that last spoiler about something I managed to go this long not knowing about

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

Thanks for that last spoiler about something I managed to go this long not knowing about

I'm sorry. :( I didn't think there'd be many people besides myself who hadn't seen the series yet and frequented this thread.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How dare you mention a unique finishing move from a decade ago. Now he'll never be able to watch RPM.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, Andros makes an exeedingly poor vehicle choice.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
55 seconds in is a very good reminder that In Space was pre-9/11 holy poo poo

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Apparently alien elephants CAN melt steel beams.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I can't believe Ernie did 9/11

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I somehow remember this episode perfectly but not because of the blackmail or the tank, but because of Cassie's frankly stupid looks here. I have no idea what the costume designers were thinking.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I think she looks cute but extremely 90's. :v:

The editing during the zord fight was great.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Cassie’s overalls were hot fashion during season 1 of MMPR, six years prior

She probably just found one of AJJ’s outfits in storage and put it on

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Suave hunkola."

George and Lenny? Wow, really? Okay, In Space. You Mice and Men it Up.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 14, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cassie loved blossom

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have an idea for an upcoming episode lizard wizard but only if you want to hear it. Don't want to interfere with your process.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sockser posted:

Cassie’s overalls were hot fashion during season 1 of MMPR, six years prior

She probably just found one of AJJ’s outfits in storage and put it on

As I recall Cassie had a number of...unfortunate outfits. She should also avoid those dual hair tails or whatever the proper name is.

Good to see you updating again Lizard

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

(I dunno if go go 21 is out yet but based on 20:)
Duck it I agree with alpha 1. It's one thing to not end your enemies when it is only your morals in the way, it is something completely different when entire planets of Innocents suffer, when you abandon your loyal friend and do nothing to make his sacrifice meaningful.
gently caress zordon.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

As I recall Cassie had a number of...unfortunate outfits. She should also avoid those dual hair tails or whatever the proper name is.

They had kind of a 'Saved By The Bell' fashion sense in that they had to dress teenagers but didn't seem to have a good idea of how teenagers dressed.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I have an idea for an upcoming episode lizard wizard but only if you want to hear it. Don't want to interfere with your process.

Today on Power Rangers, Lizwiz hopes Al's input wasn't about this episode that he already did last night.

But yeah, fire away.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 15, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, Lizwiz hopes Al's input wasn't about this episode that he already did last night.

But yeah, fire away.

Upcoming episode has 'Waspicable' an obvious reuse of the Grumble Bee from Power Rangers season 2(and refused a bunch). His deal is he doesn't want to do evil things and the rangers protect him. Would be funny to splice in footage of him doing evil things every time Cassie says he's good at heart.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Zedd posted:

I think she looks cute but extremely 90's. :v:

I'm too tired to look, but I think Cassie's outfit in this episode was a footage-match situation. You know, instead of removing something like a half-second of megaranger footage and dress her in clothing that she'd look fine in, just match her to it!

It's why Ashley's grandma looks... well, like Ashley's grandma in that episode.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ashley's grandma is the best relative character of all time. She kicks a fuckin cop's rear end.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

I'm too tired to look, but I think Cassie's outfit in this episode was a footage-match situation. You know, instead of removing something like a half-second of megaranger footage and dress her in clothing that she'd look fine in, just match her to it!

It's why Ashley's grandma looks... well, like Ashley's grandma in that episode.

This episode with Cassie in the overalls and the twin tails is indeed a footage match. When Shoutfactory steams Sentai on Twitch, this ep is one of their short list of In Space episodes they have triva adverts for. In this case, it's because the original Megaranger episode is also one about a date that has a bomb in a tall building and Cassie's outfit is a match, largely because it had to match certain shots in the Sentai

Excuse the poor quality, it's a terrible shot and I got it from the ShoutFactory stream of it but it's one with a full look of the outfit.

This one's slightly better and leads into an external shot that's reused in In Space.

https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Ep._6:_We_Did_It!_The_Roaring_Digitank

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just as a heads-up, I reuploaded episode 9 with a few tweaks as it got audiovisually matched and blocked in a shitton of places. I'm not at all sure why this one got dinged differently from the others, so if it happens again I'm absolutely filing a dispute.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, a good boy approaches.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hahaha I forgot about how that birthday party scene plays out. Robots terrorizing everybody there running for their lives, and the little girl has her priorities straight "My balloons!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thought that just occurred to me as I was listening to Teenagers With Attitude about a Zeo episode where Billy was a red herring for the Gold Ranger, and how fan headcanon is he was missing so often because he was working on the zeo zords.

I had an idea that would fix his unexplained absences, Zeos ending and Turbo's beginning. Justin is just a low grade kid Billy, Billy went to aquitar because he had an aging disease he was desperate for a cure for. Seems you could say he knew he had that condition and was trying to find a treatment every time he was gone. In the episode where Billy leaves instead of sending him to Aquitar, have the fountain of youth medicine work completely, but too well. He becomes the young Billy actor from season 2 and 3, and that guy becomes the blue turbo ranger.

Still provides no decent reason why they changed powers, but with Billy in the movie, Billy would be able to provide a reason.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like to imagine it was an escalation thing. or rather, deescalation. Machine Empire is gone, no need to bust out the heavy guns against these underwater dorks

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
That'd be a massive tactical error considering they end the season with their zords and command center destroyed.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MillennialVulcan posted:

That'd be a massive tactical error considering they end the season with their zords and command center destroyed.

Wrong season.

E: oh wait, you mean Turbo, not Zeo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Oh no, my beeeeees

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Theoretically the carrier Zord for Turbo might not have gotten blown up, we never did see it get destroyed onscreen unlike the rest of the Turbo Zords, so off the top of my head that leaves the following Zordon era Zords still functioning to some extent or another after the end of In Space;

Dragon Zord

Titanus

Tor

Every Season 3 Zord

Every Zeo Zord

Artillatron

It's kinda funny that during that era they never seem to get around to destroying the carrier Zords even if every other one does

Also has me thinking of that idea I had for a "season" set on Earth during the period between the start of Lost Galaxy and Lightspeed Rescue where a new team of Zeo Rangers has to be recruited to fight a new threat to Earth that has emerged in the aftermath of the Z-Wave(still sorting that part out, though I do think introducing a "TV continuity" version of Ivan Ooze could have potential, that or setting up Venjix's Machine Empire remnants ahead of Forever Red)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drrockso20 posted:

Theoretically the carrier Zord for Turbo might not have gotten blown up, we never did see it get destroyed onscreen unlike the rest of the Turbo Zords, so off the top of my head that leaves the following Zordon era Zords still functioning to some extent or another after the end of In Space;

Dragon Zord

Titanus

Tor

Every Season 3 Zord

Every Zeo Zord

Artillatron

It's kinda funny that during that era they never seem to get around to destroying the carrier Zords even if every other one does

Also has me thinking of that idea I had for a "season" set on Earth during the period between the start of Lost Galaxy and Lightspeed Rescue where a new team of Zeo Rangers has to be recruited to fight a new threat to Earth that has emerged in the aftermath of the Z-Wave(still sorting that part out, though I do think introducing a "TV continuity" version of Ivan Ooze could have potential, that or setting up Venjix's Machine Empire remnants ahead of Forever Red)

Did the Astro Megaship survive Journeys End?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Did the Astro Megaship survive Journeys End?

No, it blew up. According to someone on the wiki, the second Megaship in Forever Red doesn't have something that signifies it to have the human shuttle on it, so it can't be a Megazord.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Maybe the millennium falcon Astro megaship could become a headless zord. I mean, that's the only thing the shuttle did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Just glue a giant flaming pumpkin up there, then.