Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know exactly how capable a fighter he is but Henry Rollins is still extremely low on the list of people I'd be willing to start poo poo with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

The rumor I always heard was that in his more roided out days Danzig started poo poo and Rollins as a show. Danzig ran away like a bitch and Rollins chased him down and beat his rear end.

Seems questionable given that Rollins has the Misfits skull tattooed on him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danzig is like an Internet tough guy on steroids. He's got a lot of muscle and takes himself way too seriously, but he's actually just a big dummy that someone seriously dangerous can break in half.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah but like November Coming Fire is amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

So I recently started working overnight shifts and now to sufficiently creep myself out I'm looking for recommendations for movies about overnight workers and shifts.

I'm familiar with Graveyard shift and Nightwatch (1997). I think they're also working after hours in Return Of The Living Dead?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

TheKingslayer posted:

So I recently started working overnight shifts and now to sufficiently creep myself out I'm looking for recommendations for movies about overnight workers and shifts.

I'm familiar with Graveyard shift and Nightwatch (1997). I think they're also working after hours in Return Of The Living Dead?

One of the segments in Ghost Stories is about a security guard working overnight in an old creepy warehouse. I think The Innkeepers might fit this as well? It’s about two people working at an old empty hotel anyway, they probably stay at night... it’s been a while.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

gey muckle mowser posted:

One of the segments in Ghost Stories is about a security guard working overnight in an old creepy warehouse. I think The Innkeepers might fit this as well? It’s about two people working at an old empty hotel anyway, they probably stay at night... it’s been a while.

Beat me to it but these are a couple of very solid recs. I think in The Innkeepers it's not so much that they worked there but they were there investigating paranormal stuff and thus were staying overnight.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

It's not a classic but The Possession of Hannah Grace is about a woman's first graveyard shift at the morgue.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Has there never been a horror movie featuring someone working the late shift at a gas station? Seems like a good setup for some When A Stranger Calls type scares.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

Has there never been a horror movie featuring someone working the late shift at a gas station? Seems like a good setup for some When A Stranger Calls type scares.

First segment of Body Bags is that.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

TheKingslayer posted:

Night Watchmen's a good mix of horror and comedy.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Origami Dali posted:

Intro to Urban Legends but then you'd have to watch that poo poo movie

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Zwabu posted:

I think in The Innkeepers it's not so much that they worked there but they were there investigating paranormal stuff and thus were staying overnight.

It's both.

The hotel is going out of business and the two remaining workers decide to use their final couple of nightshifts to investigate the paranormal happenings so they can put proof of ghosts on a website and become rich and/or famous.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

M_Sinistrari posted:

Night Watchmen's a good mix of horror and comedy.

Yes! That was a fun movie . There's a decent low budget shot here in Central Florida called Last Shift. P2 , if I remember it correctly, is sorta what you're looking for. And isn't there a movie from the 90s with Ewan MacGregor about a night watchdude?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Relic counts I feel as a late night spooky things happen.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Narzack posted:

And isn't there a movie from the 90s with Ewan MacGregor about a night watchdude?
Already mentioned; Nightwatch, which is a remake of a Danish movie. The remake is by the original director with a script overhauled by Steven Soderbergh. It’s been a long time since I saw either one but I seem to remember I liked the US one better?

I just noticed that the Danish one stars Jamie Lannister.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Ah, I didn't know that was it, thanks.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Origami Dali posted:

Splinter from 2008 kinda does this, it's less about the employee than the other characters though. It's been a long time since I watched it, but I thought it was solid.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Origami Dali posted:

Open 24 Hours is exactly that. Was in festivals last year but hasn’t made it to streaming yet. Hopefully it will get some distribution, I thought it was pretty good.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Attack the Gas Station is a Korean action comedy. It's about gas station attendants and is one of the greatest movies of all time.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

TOOT BOOT posted:

Danzig has always struck me a person that takes themselves way too seriously

Tart Kitty posted:

man if we live to see Danzig get meme'd beyond that one time he got punched so hard he astrally projected that will make my entire year.
Ohhh ohhh ohhhh also a serendipitous chance to post this, one of my favorite things I've found on the internet so far this year:

https://twitter.com/stevebyrnelive/status/1121901318170402817

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ripley 7

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

gey muckle mowser posted:

One of the segments in Ghost Stories is about a security guard working overnight in an old creepy warehouse.

It's the very first segment in fact and it's beautiful.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Splinter from 2008 kinda does this, it's less about the employee than the other characters though. It's been a long time since I watched it, but I thought it was solid.

I'm overall a bit lukewarm on this one but it's a solid group watch and the sound design is really strong

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I'm overall a bit lukewarm on this one but it's a solid group watch and the sound design is really strong

The creature design rips, though. I'm kind of surprised there aren't like six dtv sequels.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Tart Kitty posted:

The creature design rips, though. I'm kind of surprised there aren't like six dtv sequels.

Now that you mention it, I am kinda surprised there's not been a sequel since the ending's nicely done enough to go either way.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Danzig is such a colossal wuss but god drat do I give thanks for his music

also flashback to the time my friend's mum thought it was nice that we had a framed photo of my mum on the wall in the kitchen of our old sharehouse - the most sincere zinger on danzig's appearance I have ever heard

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

alf_pogs posted:

Danzig is such a colossal wuss but god drat do I give thanks for his music

also flashback to the time my friend's mum thought it was nice that we had a framed photo of my mum on the wall in the kitchen of our old sharehouse - the most sincere zinger on danzig's appearance I have ever heard

The Misfits was the first band I ever saw live (post-Danzig, obvs), so I'll always have a little bit of love for Glenn just from a general place of nostalgia, but holy poo poo is he a level of tryhard that goes next level. A lot of people have been comparing his new film to The Room, which honestly makes sense because Danzig has quite a lot in common with Tommy Wiseau in terms of desperately attempting to build a myth before a man.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Really enjoyed Boar. It's Australian as hell(always a plus), and the characters are great, which overcame the fact that maybe the boar wasn't 100% convincing in every shot. Nathan Jones and John Jarratt were co-MVP of the movie, they were great.

Will be tracking down Razorback soon as well, because people here were saying it was better.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Will be tracking down Razorback soon as well, because people here were saying it was better.

Razorback's very worth a watch.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know exactly how capable a fighter he is but Henry Rollins is still extremely low on the list of people I'd be willing to start poo poo with.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So the Babadook Facebook page is teasing about the Babadook Book that it released a while back, it looks like they might be doing a second run? A lot of people really liked my book when I posted it and it goes for like $600+ secondhand (they were $85 initially) so now might be the time to get it anyone that missed out.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBabadook/posts/2352868711470654

I'll keep posting updates if I see them.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

So the Babadook Facebook page is teasing about the Babadook Book that it released a while back, it looks like they might be doing a second run? A lot of people really liked my book when I posted it and it goes for like $600+ secondhand (they were $85 initially) so now might be the time to get it anyone that missed out.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBabadook/posts/2352868711470654

I'll keep posting updates if I see them.

That's rad. My mother-in-law bought hers when the movie came out. It's a really spooky book- she has it high up out of reach of the little ones, though I know one desperately wants to read it, little ghoul that she is.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

man, I know the licensing would make it impossible but I'd love a remaster of FFNY.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Almost Blue posted:

I don't really get the point of making one without Dante other than money, Chris Columbus isn't really responsible for what's good in those movies.

Have you seen Dantes recent work? It’s bad.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

speaking of animal movies i may have asked this before but can't remember but is there a cut of wake in fright where they dont show the animal deaths (or is it just one scene and if so can i just skip that scene) or should I just avoid it alltogether.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kvlt! posted:

speaking of animal movies i may have asked this before but can't remember but is there a cut of wake in fright where they dont show the animal deaths (or is it just one scene and if so can i just skip that scene) or should I just avoid it alltogether.

I don't think there's a cut of the film without the scene but it's only a single scene but it also lasts forever, it's loving horrid and the director is a piece of poo poo for it. The film's pretty dull outside of that and you ain't missing much if you skip out on it.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ill just skip it then

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

It’s been a bit but I got back on my Friday the 13th watchthrough. Now in chronological order!

I watched the original tonight. For the most part, a simple, solid, effective little movie. Until the last twenty minutes, feat. stupidest final girl. Seriously, she had her knocked out three times and just ran away instead of finishing the job. And then she runs back in the cabin and into the pantry? Gah. Then some really lame fight choreography on the beach.

But then the machete decapitation made it all worth it.

Highlight was the Kevin Bacon kill from under the bed. That one honestly got me good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Man. Mom and Dad was loving awesome. Surprisingly tense, and they were really respectful with the one scene of an animal dying and the scenes with fear of infant death. Big ups for that, seriously.

Id really love to hear people's Top 3 (or 5?) Exorcism movies.