Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Krabboss posted:

Those are good for sure. I meant to say the generic boss theme you get at the end of dungeons. Titan HM will always be one of my favourite trials because it was a nightmare to complete in early ARR. At the time I was playing from Australia and the latency required that I dodge Landslide/Weight of the Land before the AoE marker even appeared on the screen. It was very satisfying to get the kill.

sentence: gulag

e: :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

THF13 posted:

Black Chocobo promotion is based on list price so you can spend less than $20 if the item is on sale.
Sims 4 online game code qualifies and it's just $5. https://www.amazon.com/Sims-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00ENQXEX2?th=1
Cuphead and Celeste for Switch are on sale for $16.99 and $13.39

lol currently unavailable it looks like.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
If this was the fat cat mount I’d have to figure out a way to buy it, but I already have the white fat chocobo so I don’t really need another.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ouhei posted:

If this was the fat cat mount I’d have to figure out a way to buy it, but I already have the white fat chocobo so I don’t really need another.

Oh so you're saying the white fat chocobo is better then a black fat chocobo?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I just don't see the appeal of playing without caring for the story or music or setting.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

some people are just in it for the gameplay or raiding. it's no big deal.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Leal posted:

Oh so you're saying the white fat chocobo is better then a black fat chocobo?
I mean...

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/cb_0_/status/1139745193333182464

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Rand Brittain posted:

It's in bad taste, yeah.

Yellow fat chocobo : fine
White fat chocobo : fine
Black fat chocobo : racist?

Sometimes black is just a color.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's in poor taste because it's a fat joke.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rand Brittain posted:

It's in poor taste because it's a fat joke.

Don't worry I hear the fats have really thick skin.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I don’t know if it helps any but according to the lore books, fat chocobos are just a breed that looks fat, but they’re actually quite healthy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

This guy is fat

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Hell her life must be.

merry_trootsmas
Apr 10, 2018
final fatasy

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

:v:

Eccles
Feb 6, 2010

THF13 posted:

Black Chocobo promotion is based on list price so you can spend less than $20 if the item is on sale.
Sims 4 online game code qualifies and it's just $5. https://www.amazon.com/Sims-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00ENQXEX2?th=1
Cuphead and Celeste for Switch are on sale for $16.99 and $13.39

This apparently does not or no longer works. The sale price needs to be twenty bucks, not the list. Neither The Sim 4 nor a bunch of other games under $20 had this text when I went to check-out: "Congratulations! Your order qualifies for the the Black Fat Chocobo DLC. Amazon will email your code within 2 days of the purchase date.*Limit one per customer*" . Every game over $20 I put in my cart got this message in the step before finalizing check-out.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

man the pc games selection on amazon is really fuckin' dire. i actually can't find anything i want.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd spend a little cash on a video game I'd be on the fence about for that absolute unit of a bird.

But by the time it hits the EU, it'll be 2020 and they'll sell the codes on some absolute poo poo hole like scam4gamrs.com

Yeah they had a decent EU promotion like once (the first time it was this on Amazon France IIRC) but the others were pretty bad and they're always super late.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

As a cutscene skipper, yeah.
I try to give each cutscene a fair crack but some of them are just so long winded, boring and poorly framed that I can't tolerate them for long.

Though cutscene skipping isn't my biggest sin by far.
I've not had the in-game audio on since week 2 of Stormblood other than when I ran Ivalice.

I need to remember to turn them back on for Shadowbringers. I'd love for them to add a voice (cutscene) and voice (battle) option for the sound settings. I like hearing voiced cutscenes, I don't need to hear Lalafells, Au Ra and Cats going "hyaaa" "haaa" "myaaa" "rrrrgh" when doing their skills.

The story is a chore. I try to give it a fair shake but I'm like goddamn, I just play games to kill poo poo. I always tell myself I'll pay attention to the story and then think better of it 2 seconds into any cutscene. I just... can't care.

That combined with the way dungeons works really turns me off. I hate losing my abilities in dungeons. Meh.

I keep trying to like this game cause wow sucks balls, but it's hard. Maybe the time of mmo's is gone for me.

I do like dragoon at 60 cause I boosted one and it's fun, but as soon as I do a dungeon I'm like ugh. And grinding levels seems like some 2013 poo poo.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Fat black chocobo is cool and I want, how do I get it if I already pre-ordered ShB on PSN?

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Buy a timecard or any other $20+ game on Amazon. It's an Amazon promotion not a ShB pre-order thing.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Krabboss posted:

No idea who anybody is or what their motivations are. Barely grasp who is involved in the war at all really. I'm here to do mechanics and sell things to people on the marketboard.

Hell yes, brother.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Eccles posted:

This apparently does not or no longer works. The sale price needs to be twenty bucks, not the list. Neither The Sim 4 nor a bunch of other games under $20 had this text when I went to check-out: "Congratulations! Your order qualifies for the the Black Fat Chocobo DLC. Amazon will email your code within 2 days of the purchase date.*Limit one per customer*" . Every game over $20 I put in my cart got this message in the step before finalizing check-out.

I bought the last of us on sale for $10 and the Amazon rep I chatted with said I'd get the code when my order ships.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I can imagine not caring about the story is a sort of catch 22, where you to care about the story you need to have spent time getting to know the character, and you didn't do that because you don't care about the story. Doesn't help that arr doesn't really put the best foot forward, with almost everything between level 20 and whenever you get to mor dhona bein some degree of filler. Add that on top of the 100 quest slog and its understandable why people can not care.

I myself care quite a lot and i'm pretty interested in shadowbringers and what happens there, but i can understand and respect if someone got fed up and really just wants to play fashion or explode gods.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is the problematic bird account or character?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nessus posted:

Is the problematic bird account or character?

If it is like other Amazon things it'll be account.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nessus posted:

problematic bird

*updates lore_friendly_hellsguard_names.txt"

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
"Problematic Ax" is actually a really good roe name.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Lol at anyone who gets upset over a fat bird.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Eccles posted:

I'm looking at that Sims4 page right now and it's got the chocobo promotion above the price, saying it qualifies. Mousing over the promotion also specifies that only the list price matters.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

vandalism posted:

goddamn, I just play games to kill poo poo.

You should try another game, like

therapy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Now I want there to be a boss in the new expansion who is like the Bardam second boss but you have to solve FFXIV plot trivia questions to defeat.
Add one of the trivia enemies from FF9 as a dungeon miniboss. Offers two circles players can stand in, and a majority of players have to stand in the right one. So it's a team effort like trivia night.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Die Sexmonster! posted:

You should try another game, like

therapy

weirdo

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Add one of the trivia enemies from FF9 as a dungeon miniboss. Offers two circles players can stand in, and a majority of players have to stand in the right one. So it's a team effort like trivia night.

they did math trivia in ridorana lighthouse and that didn't work out so good

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

That's part of the fun of that boss tho.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gorelab posted:

That's part of the fun of that boss tho.

I don't disagree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Vitamean posted:

they did math trivia in ridorana lighthouse and that didn't work out so good

When will they put in a calculator item that will just tell me the answer like my cellphone can I was born after 1999