Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, I basically gave up on Nyarly ever coming back in to prominence after Persona 4 Arena's story mode made the perfect set up for him... and then Ultimax gave us something completely different instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Merilan posted:

i accept that the persona i grew up and got enamored with is an entirely different series and hoping for stuff from that bloc of games is just setting myself up for disappointment.

Same.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Please care about Sho Minazuki and P3 baggage, thank you. For your cooperation.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I will not do this.

I am instead going to buy a copy of Digital Devil Saga for the playstation and hope it's not scratched to where the battles take six years to load in

i got a bad itch for PS2-era Kaneko-style smt

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 16, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

In PQ2 are you able to use the DLC Subpersonas at any level or do you have to be at theirs? Probably not going to pick any up but Magatsu Izunagi Picaro looks cool as hell.

I've heard you can use them at any time so if you want to buy the level 70 one and poo poo all over the game you can.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PQ2 question: Does anyone know what floor the lake is in Junessic Park?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

In PQ2 are you able to use the DLC Subpersonas at any level or do you have to be at theirs? Probably not going to pick any up but Magatsu Izunagi Picaro looks cool as hell.

You will be the first person ever to buy PQ2 DLC

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I have some spare credit on my account and might buy one of the navigator voices because i am like 10x stupid

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

littleorv posted:

You will be the first person ever to buy PQ2 DLC

I doubt that. The 99 cent EXP-boosting accessory was helluva tempting to me before I realized I could just slam rando personas into my characters to level them. I'm sure some people didn't even check.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

ImpAtom posted:

I doubt that. The 99 cent EXP-boosting accessory was helluva tempting to me before I realized I could just slam rando personas into my characters to level them. I'm sure some people didn't even check.

When do you get the ability to do that?

By the way, the EXP booster is a little ludicrous. Ended up level 15/16 by the time I got to the first boss without even really trying.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Color Printer posted:

When do you get the ability to do that?

By the way, the EXP booster is a little ludicrous. Ended up level 15/16 by the time I got to the first boss without even really trying.

As soon as you unlock Sacrifice Fusion IIRC, I don't recall exactly when that is but it's pretty early.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, I basically gave up on Nyarly ever coming back in to prominence after Persona 4 Arena's story mode made the perfect set up for him... and then Ultimax gave us something completely different instead.

It'd be kinda weird if they added him back in a spinoff, to be fair.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Merilan posted:

i accept that the persona i grew up and got enamored with is an entirely different series and hoping for stuff from that bloc of games is just setting myself up for disappointment.

I'm late to the series but I would much rather play a Persona 2 remaster with the two halves merged and updated mechanics than whatever Persona 6 is going to be, fwiw.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I'm late to the series but I would much rather play a Persona 2 remaster with the two halves merged and updated mechanics than whatever Persona 6 is going to be, fwiw.

One day, we'll get that fan translation of Eternal Punishment PSP with the bonus scenario where you meet Randolph Carter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGsjkrjJKOI

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

drat music good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

drat music good

Persona Q2's music is absolutely top tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX1Lkph_cU0

I love the Persona 4 battle theme but they're all good.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
P3 Femc battle theme is fantastic.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
So I know I've asked this, and I even checked my post history in this thread and the question got buried in me turning on the Goro Discussion Machine for the millionth time in the exact same post so I'll ask it again

How's the Strange Journey remake all together? I bounced off SJ preeeetty hard, is it worth buying the remake if I still have my original copy? I'm totally cool with using the big baby easy mode if they added one

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

So I know I've asked this, and I even checked my post history in this thread and the question got buried in me turning on the Goro Discussion Machine for the millionth time in the exact same post so I'll ask it again

How's the Strange Journey remake all together? I bounced off SJ preeeetty hard, is it worth buying the remake if I still have my original copy? I'm totally cool with using the big baby easy mode if they added one

Depends why you bounced off the original, I think.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Make a new Raidou game you cowards

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Or SMT Mystery Dungeon

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I bounced off of Raidou because the lack of voice acting and also music across large swaths of the game made me feel like I was playing a fever dream

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I'm sad I stopped SJ before the end, I'm pretty sure I could've beaten the final boss with the kind of crazy demons I had but Sector H was just too much for me

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

From everything I heard/read/seen, it's a pretty substantial improvement, even if it's still, y'know, kinda evocative of Super Famicom SMT x Etrian Odyssey as fart as difficulty is concerned.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Depends why you bounced off the original, I think.
I don't remember super specifically, but I guess I just felt the gameplay was kind of headache and the story was drip fed so slowly that I wasn't interested it all, and there wasnt amv cool post apocalyptic Japan mood to keep me going either.

SJ was also one of the first SMTs I didnt emulate so not having save states and fastfowarding also probably didn't help

man they should put all these 3DS smts on Switch so I can buy them all again and not get past the first three hours

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I bounced off of SJ when the dungeons started adding passages that were only visible in certain modes. No thanks. And I've beaten multiple EO games, so it's not like I'm opposed to a tough dungeon crawling experience.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Atlas Hugged posted:

I bounced off of SJ when the dungeons started adding passages that were only visible in certain modes. No thanks. And I've beaten multiple EO games, so it's not like I'm opposed to a tough dungeon crawling experience.

lol if you don't like creating multiple alternate pocket dimensions to navigate through dungeons

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh god, I'm remembering now. :stonklol:

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

the final sector was a giant hot mess of various classic dungeon crawler floor effects and confusing multifloor navigation as I recall, it was too much for me

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Transportation/teleport tiles are also the worst things ever.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, in SMTIV's last two dungeons it worked fine because, as long as you paid the smallest bit of attention, the "mazes" were pretty straightforward.

The Cosmic Egg in Apocalypse can still go gently caress itself, though.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Wark Say posted:

Eh, in SMTIV's last two dungeons it worked fine because, as long as you paid the smallest bit of attention, the "mazes" were pretty straightforward.

The Cosmic Egg in Apocalypse can still go gently caress itself, though.

Yeah I only remember thinking the fire/ice dungeon in IV was tedious and getting past that was pretty much smooth sailing.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yeah I only remember thinking the fire/ice dungeon in IV was tedious and getting past that was pretty much smooth sailing.

Do you mean the final dungeon for law/chaos? Because otherwise I have no idea which dungeons you even mean

If anything the most confusing part of SMT4 was trying to find the correct location on the overworld map

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Atlas Hugged posted:

Transportation/teleport tiles are also the worst things ever.

Reminder: in SJR you get a new app by digging ONE FLOOR into the optional dungeon (so, as quick as sector B or C depending on how adventurous you are) that will let you tap a teleporter on the map and it'll show you where it spits you out. Even if you've never seen it before. Combine this with another midgame one that stops you from walking onto a pit or teleporter accidentally and automaps the square and you're set for the whole game.

Legitimately the only thing you can't really cheese past if you like is that Horologium is still a long brutal final stage, but it's a lot more workable now. And all of the new dungeon content is designed around more clever puzzles than just "WELL IT'S A TELEPORT MAZE AGAIN".

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
They legit did everything possible to make sjr accessible to people who didn't want to put up with the more bs dungeon design, which I quite like cause it's one of my fav games and I want more people to play it! Also the added endings are in 2/3s of the case better in every way then the original. I really think redux is a strong remake

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Do you mean the final dungeon for law/chaos? Because otherwise I have no idea which dungeons you even mean

If anything the most confusing part of SMT4 was trying to find the correct location on the overworld map

Sorry, was continuing from the reference of EOIV.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

That's one thing that sorta got me wondering if there's something wrong with me because, aside from one time that I wandered around and got lost because I confused the name in my head until I went ahead and double-checked the Challenge Quest (and went "Ohhhhhhhhh!" :doh: shortly after), I don't think I ever got lost. Like sure, the map from Apocalypse is slicker and tells you where everything is with big white letters so you can get from point A to B no prob, but I sorta missed that aspect to find out stuff on my own like I previously did in Vanilla IV.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So, I guess the chances of P5 getting a switch port plummeted to nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's coming out the same day as Mother 3.