Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

I maybe want to live in the world where they flew a plane into Donnie's stupid tower.

Donnie wouldn't have been there (probably off molesting beauty pageant contestants at a golf course in scotland) and it would have made it personal.

Gotta get your hellscape dimensional vision fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Ksm and ubl picked targets that were actually important.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

Remind all the idiots you know that Israel and Iran were buddies through the late 90s.

That's...not really true at all.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

That's...not really true at all.

That's why you only sell that line to the idiots you know, duh

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Important to the wealthy.

We were pretty gung-ho for a fight though. They could have flown a handful of cessnas into McDonalds' across the country and incited the same vitriolic insanity, as long as the drums were beat to the same tune. Imagine G.W. standing on the rubble of Hamburger University, giving the vengeful speech he did at WTC.

And you know the hosed up thing, is McDonald's probably has more every day interaction with the american people than any company ever based out of WTC. The reaction would probably have been worse if they struck random McDonald's because then they'd have really made the handi-fat crowd mad and the lampooning cartoon of an american on a rascal with a flag and generic machine gun would have been reality, not an artistic interpretation of rising waist lines and dwindling masculinity.

Or maybe I'm just high.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You guys see the NYT reporting about CyberCom infiltration I Of Russia and their non-briefing of the president for fear of his reaction or possible disclosure?

I’m watching msnbc reporting on the story so I don’t have a link but it’s pretty :stare: worthy.

Also I’m not sure who attacked those ships, but I think the only thing less likely than it being Iran is it being a U.S. false flag.

I have absolute faith in the US military's inability to keep its operations a secret. If it were a false flag, there would already be a SEAL somewhere ready to get a book deal about it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The ship was going to turn them in

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Random question but I’m genuinely confused

Who the heck even supports Biden? Just crusty old dems? I figured most the old folks were on the Trump train for *checks notes* evangelical reasons. They may have voted for Obama but he didn’t accomplish anything in eight years so not falling for that again! If they aren’t full blown republican then they’re some weird stuck in the closet libertarian...who support Trump anyway because *checks notes* religious reasons.

I’m miffed

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Who the heck even supports Biden? Just crusty old dems? I figured most the old folks were on the Trump train for *checks notes* evangelical reasons. They may have voted for Obama but he didn’t accomplish anything in eight years so not falling for that again! If they aren’t full blown republican then they’re some weird stuck in the closet libertarian...who support Trump anyway because *checks notes* religious reasons.

I’m miffed

Like, the Establishment, man!

Serious answer is Republicans who call themselves Democrats.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
People know his name. And despite Biden being an old white man, he's heavily associated with Obama. That helps him poll very well with black voters: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/11/biden-black-economic-alliance-poll-2020-1359082

It's fun to accuse anyone who supports Biden of being a secret conservative, but the truth of the matter is that tons of people don't follow the horse race or considered Obama good enough and see Biden as a possible return to when things seemed less bad under Obama.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m miffed

He's running entirely nostalgia for the Obama years and everyone's regret he didn't take 2016 away from Hillary before Trump did.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
To be fair if it comes down to it I'll absolutely support Joe considering the alternative is what we've got. I'd just prefer some other, better choices

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

I maybe want to live in the world where they flew a plane into Donnie's stupid tower.

I'm genuinely surprised none of the many organizations trying to goad the US into over-reacting have bombed a Trump hotel somewhere. I can't see anything making the pissbaby president more angry than seeing pictures on the television of his gold plated ego-reinforcers damaged and his knowledge that the rest of the world is seeing it too.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

I'm genuinely surprised none of the many organizations trying to goad the US into over-reacting have bombed a Trump hotel somewhere. I can't see anything making the pissbaby president more angry than seeing pictures on the television of his gold plated ego-reinforcers damaged and his knowledge that the rest of the world is seeing it too.

For bonus points, he could blame it on 12 angry democrats.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

To be fair if it comes down to it I'll absolutely support Joe considering the alternative is what we've got. I'd just prefer some other, better choices

I feel like we’ve made this mistake before...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pretty much in that boat. Personally, I'm game for Warren. I'd take Bernie over Biden, too. Trouble is, I don't want another dinosaur in office. Warren is pretty policy laden and isn't freeballing it like mayor pete or beto, isn't a cop like Kamala, but she doesn't have the charisma to charm idiots long enough to digest her policies.

She needs a hype machine. I suggest she adopt another golden retriever. Dogs speak volumes about their owners.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

wtf Bernie all the way are y’all serious

I mean he’s like the one exception to the no dinosaurs rule

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Comedy option - Mike Gravel.

E- I don't think he's a joke. I think his ideas have a wider reach on both sides, and I like what I've seen.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The biggest negative that I can come up with Bernie is that the Bernie fans I know are so loving arrogant and annoying. I mean not enough to keep me from voting but it gets old after a while.

But I’m a NPA voter in FL so I don’t get a vote in the primaries.

bulletsponge13 posted:

Comedy option - Mike Gravel.

I want to see him on the stage and see how much of his campaign is online hype and how much is policy driven and what his ideas are.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
if mike gravel can make it to the debates it would be great. i suspect he is too old to want to though

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah, a Sanders/Warren or Warren/Sanders run would loving rule.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Warren/Sanders.

Warren runs foreign policy and military, Sanders drives domestic policy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

if mike gravel can make it to the debates it would be great. i suspect he is too old to want to though

If he can't make it to the debates because he's too infirm, he should shut the whole thing down.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Warren and Sanders are definitely my top two, with a slight preference for Warren.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Godholio posted:

If he can't make it to the debates because he's too infirm, he should shut the whole thing down.

Gravel's "campaign" is literally the result of some media interns astroturfing it into existence on social media without Gravel's participation. The only difference between this and Koch Bros bullshit is the ideology involved (which admittedly is a pretty big difference).

BigDave posted:

Warren/Sanders.

Warren runs foreign policy and military, Sanders drives domestic policy.

This. Or Sanders/Warren.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 16, 2019

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nystral posted:

I want to see him on the stage and see how much of his campaign is online hype and how much is policy driven and what his ideas are.

He kind of reminds me Ron Paul with respect to the online hype.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This. Or Sanders/Warren.

Nah. Sanders is best when he can work a crowd and bang the drum for workers rights and housing policy.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Also Gravel isn't making it to the debates, they've already announced the contenders:

Wednesday: Booker, Castro, deBlasio, Delaney, Gabbard, Inslee, Klobuchar, Beto, Ryan, and Warren

Thursday: Bennet, Biden, Buttigieg, Gillibrand, Harris, Hickenlooper, Sanders, Sealwell, Williamson, Yang

Along with Gravel, Bullock, Messam, and Moulton didn't qualify.

So who do we think drops first? It's gotta be one of those names up there that nobody's ever heard of.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also Gravel isn't making it to the debates, they've already announced the contenders:

Wednesday: Booker, Castro, deBlasio, Delaney, Gabbard, Inslee, Klobuchar, Beto, Ryan, and Warren

Thursday: Bennet, Biden, Buttigieg, Gillibrand, Harris, Hickenlooper, Sanders, Sealwell, Williamson, Yang

Along with Gravel, Bullock, Messam, and Moulton didn't qualify.

So who do we think drops first? It's gotta be one of those names up there that nobody's ever heard of.

So stupid putting Warren in with the no hopers instead of where she belongs. Also :lol: at Yang. And who the gently caress are Delaney, Ryan, Williamson, Sealwell and Bennet?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So stupid putting Warren in with the no hopers instead of where she belongs. Also :lol: at Yang. And who the gently caress are Delaney, Ryan, Williamson, Sealwell and Bennet?

She's with Booker and Beto. They're not Biden, but they're probably two of the more well-known names at this point in the primary field along with Warren and Sanders.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

McNally posted:

Can you point me in the right direction on this? Googling 'Trump MSNBC Jon Stewart" only gets me links to Jon Stewart yelling at Congress.

it was on Donny Deutsche's show Saturday Night Politics and he mentioned it in passing when he was talking about bipartisan bills that could be done easily. Stuff like your bill and the 9/11 first responders where theres no reason to not do it unless you are a coward or a raging shithead. he doesnt go into it at all, but it's a mention at least

It's about 30 min in, before he brings Amy Klobuchar on. He shows the John Stewart clip beforehand

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

psydude posted:

She's with Booker and Beto. They're not Biden, but they're probably two of the more well-known names at this point in the primary field along with Warren and Sanders.

At first glance I’d have kept Sanders and Biden separate, but I can’t fault the split. Night 1 feels slightly weaker but overall more level then Night 2 with Biden and Sanders.

Still going to be near impossible for any of the second tier candidates to stand out, but Night 1 feels like it has slightly better odds vs Night 2.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I think it's fine. It allows Warren and Sanders two nights to convince the Democrat voting public of the need for Leftist Policies, instead of Centrist/Right Wing policies.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Biden beats trump in the Rust Belt. And the Midwest.

Warren is fantastic and my #1 choice

Bernie should be VP at most. Hes great but he needs to be focused on domestic issues.

Buttigeig is ok and should be fun at the debates

also I have zero issues voting Biden if he's the nomination.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I feel like we’ve made this mistake before...

Probably, I just wish we'd made that one in 2016, rather than the purity protest vote because we know who's going to win anyway mistake.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Warren/Ducks

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m miffed

People who think that everything was perfectly fine in America on Nov 5 2016.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Warren/Ducks

Ducks/Warren is my dream ticket at this point

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
just loving lol at the thought that Obama's coattails will drag Biden to victory when neither Bill or Barack's could drag Hillary that far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

joat mon posted:

Probably, I just wish we'd made that one in 2016, rather than the purity protest vote because we know who's going to win anyway mistake.

I didn't say I'd protest vote though?