Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya (c) vs. Takashi Sugiura for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Mitsuharu Misawa Memorial Show (June 9th)

Not just my favourite match of June 9th but my favourite match all year. Kaito continues to prove the naysayers wrong as he puts on the best match of his title reign so far alongside the ever increasing attendances at NOAH shows in his reign. Sugiura is an absolute beast in this match too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kaito Kiyomiya (c) vs. Takashi Sugiura for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Mitsuharu Misawa Memorial Show (June 9th)

Not just my favourite match of June 9th but my favourite match all year. Kaito continues to prove the naysayers wrong as he puts on the best match of his title reign so far alongside the ever increasing attendances at NOAH shows in his reign. Sugiura is an absolute beast in this match too.

2nd

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rodney the Piper posted:

HM: Wotan vs. Fly Star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXuNDPjglw0

This is a wild, bloody brawl with double juice, a broken stadium chair used as a weapon, and Fly Star loving doing a dive onto a concrete floor like a stupid son of a bitch. And then the match ends with what I think is a double countout which kind of deflates the whole thing. A few people threw money in the ring afterwards.

Second, not on the level of the Fly Star vs Toxin matches but crazy. I liked the finish because after the spots that set it up it feels like they shouldn't be able to beat the count anyway.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Second, not on the level of the Fly Star vs Toxin matches but crazy. I liked the finish because after the spots that set it up it feels like they shouldn't be able to beat the count anyway.

I just wish I better understood the finish; I think commentary would have helped get it over.

Do you really need me to do TakeOver XXV nominations? No, but you're not my real dad so I don't have to listen to you anyway.

MOTYC: Gargano vs. Cole II
MOTYC: Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs. Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford vs. Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake vs. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly ladder match
HM: Matt Riddle vs. Roderick Strong
HM: Tyler Breeze vs. Velveteen Dream
HM: Io Shirai vs. Shayna Baszler

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

3rd.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Time to squeeze as much WWE in as I can before I cancel the Network. I've got through my NXT backlog today. Episode number is per the Network.

MOTYC: Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, NXT #495 (3/6)
MOTYC: Adam Cole vs. Aleister Black vs. Matt Riddle vs. Ricochet vs. The Velveteen Dream, NXT #497 (3/20)

HM: Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel, NXT #495 (3/6)
HM: Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa, NXT #496 (3/13)
HM: Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake, NXT #498 (3/27)
HM: Drew Gulak vs. Kushida, submission, NXT #511 (6/12)

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 19, 2019

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'll 4th this.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros - AAA Verano de Escandolo - 6-16-19

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

HM: Bucks v Lucha Bros - Verano de Escándalo 16/06

Maybe could go MOTY but there's been so much good wrestling this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HM: Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks, AAA Verano de Escandalo 6/16

Not as good as their DoN match (you can thank AAA overbooking for that), but super fun all around

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros - Jun 16th - Verano de escalndo

Fun match with Tirantes BS that made it more fun though!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

nth

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Another Nth here

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
HM: Chaos vs. Suzuki-Gun, Elimination Match - NJPW Kizuna Road, 17 June

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

HM: Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks, AAA Verano de Escandalo 6/16

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A trio of HMs

Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel vs. Trent Seven & Tyler Bate, NXT UK #27 (1/30)
Kassius Ohno vs. Travis Banks, NXT UK #37 (4/10)
Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston, Raw (5/6)

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 19, 2019

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Kevino07 posted:

Nth

Just a really well booked match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The first of many for Tacos this year. :unsmith:

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Kevino07 posted:

I'll nth this too!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Kevino07 posted:

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Kevino07 posted:

nth

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

motyc: The New Day versus Baron Corbin, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, 2-out-of-3 Falls - Monday Night RAW, 6/17/19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kevino07 posted:

Yeah agreed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan, Raw, 17/06

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rodney the Piper posted:

HM: Wotan vs. Fly Star

Rodney the Piper posted:

MOTYC: Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, NXT #495
MOTYC: Adam Cole vs. Aleister Black vs. Matt Riddle vs. Ricochet vs. The Velveteen Dream, NXT #497

HM: Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel, NXT #495
HM: Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa, NXT #496
HM: Aleister Black & Ricochet vs. Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake, NXT #498
HM: Drew Gulak vs. Kushida, submission, NXT #511

Rodney the Piper posted:

Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel vs. Trent Seven & Tyler Bate, NXT UK #27
Kassius Ohno vs. Travis Banks, NXT UK #37

If you don't provide dates for these, I can't count them, sorry. Also what promotion is Wotan vs. Fly Star?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

If you don't provide dates for these, I can't count them, sorry. Also what promotion is Wotan vs. Fly Star?

I've edited in the info you needed. Sorry!

HM: AJ Styles vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Sami Zayn, Smackdown (5/7)

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
This might have been suggested by someone else but I'm going through the backlog:

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs Konami, Konami's Homecoming, STARDOM, 26th May

Stardom don't do long often which makes the rare times that they do feel special - its something I like about them: the night before they did a five minute main event for the High Speed Title which was a great five minute match and felt satisfying and that diversity is great rather than knowing that your main event is going 30+ anyway. Add in this being Stardom's first ever show in Konami's home town of Fukuyama with the whole show built built around that and you get a very different feeling match.

There's a clear dynamic here: with Konami being the hometown favourite and Kagetsu being the sort of person who's open to ruining everyone's fun. The first six or seven minutes is the sort of grappling that I'm into: back and forth stuff that looks and feels like a competition rather than an exhibition: then the match gets more heated with stiff kicks and then when it spills to the outside Oedo Tai get involved just enough to add a little fire to the match without making it feel like a mess. The chemistry between the two is great and collectively it built this match that felt significant and which delivered on the hype.

I'll still a HM on the other one: HM: Hazuki (c) vs Death Yama-San, High Speed Championship, STARDOM Shining Stars, 25th May: a match that shows that you can build a great little match in five minutes if you time everything perfectly (indeed this is actual Hazuki's longest title defence by time; the average is like four minutes). Hazuki is great at these fast paced matches and the Death Yama-San thing (as goofy as it sounds) has I think really helped Yoneyama here and this match (and a lot of others outside Stardom that people are less likely to see) show that she is really rather good. As silly as it sounds it felt like two people trying to win the match from moment one: there were cradles early that people bought as possible finishes because of the fact that Hazuki's main finish recently has been the Magistral and because of the short time of these matches; there was always something going on and the finish worked perfectly. Not a Match of the Year contender but my favourite five minute match of the year so far and an example of a short match that feels the perfect length.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros - AAA Verano de Escandolo - 6-16-19

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the double post, but here's a couple more nominations:

Golden Magic vs Hijo Del Vikingo vs. Villano III Jr. vs. Flamita, AAA 4/26, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/416919791?t=01h16m13s
The URL may require you to subscribe to their channel.

This was a really fun spotfest that was really harmed by Villano hurt his shoulder before the first fall.

AJ Styles vs. Seth Rollins, Money in the Bank

This might be the best main roster WWE match this year; Kingston vs Bryan at Mania or Almas vs Mysterio on Smackdown 1/15 are my other picks for this one. AJ & Seth definitely delivered on this one and they're given the time to put on a great show.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Finally watched the BOSJ finals show and I want to second the MOTY for Moxley/Juice, nice to see Dean Ambrose actually has good matches in him

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Hechicero, Templario, Kawato vs. Flyer, Audaz, and Soberano - CMLL Viernes 6-21-19.

Kawato is improving...

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Hm

Audaz, Flyer, Soberano Jr. vs Hechicero, Kawato San, Templario. Cmll 6/21

Legit a wild tercera trios match which never happens. The finish is great. Kawato comes up in a crazy spot. Really worth watching.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Negro Casas vs. Soberano Jr., CMLL 6/2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhOROrxY-dQ

Cubs Fan thought this was one of Soberano's best solo matches he's ever seen, thanks to Casas steering it. It's pretty solid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Willninho posted:

Hm

Audaz, Flyer, Soberano Jr. vs Hechicero, Kawato San, Templario. Cmll 6/21

Legit a wild tercera trios match which never happens. The finish is great. Kawato comes up in a crazy spot. Really worth watching.

Watching this now. I don't watch much CMLL or lucha in general, but... is Kawato a rudo? :psyduck: I mean, I get that part of the point is to give the young boys a shot at doing stuff they don't do in the dojo or opening matches, and that would include being a heel, but... huh.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
HM: Akira Tozawa vs. Humberto Carrillo vs. Drew Gulak vs. Oney Lorcan - No 1 Contenders Match - 205 Live, 11 July

Awful ending and 205 live is fake but the match itself was really good.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Watching this now. I don't watch much CMLL or lucha in general, but... is Kawato a rudo? :psyduck: I mean, I get that part of the point is to give the young boys a shot at doing stuff they don't do in the dojo or opening matches, and that would include being a heel, but... huh.

pretty much all foreigners are rudos yes

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Kawato would have become a rudo in Mexico no matter what he wanted because of his Miz-like inability to catch guys doing dives. He’s a little better now, but he had a nice run of letting guys dive directly into the floor at ringside.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Rollins/Corbin, WWE Stomping Grounds 6/23

Posting mid-match, but I don't care what happens from here on out. IT SUCKS.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC: Baron Corbin vs Seth Rollins (w/ Lacey Evans as special guest ref), WWE Stomping Grounds 6/23/19

Lacey loving sucks. Baron Corbin sucks. Seth Rollins sucks. Becky Lynch is a bad girlfriend.

John Cone is the true MVP.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Baron Corbin vs Seth Rollins (w/ Lacey Evans as special guest ref), WWE Stomping Grounds 6/23/19

Lacey loving sucks. Baron Corbin sucks. Seth Rollins suck. Becky Lynch is a bad girlfriend.

John Cone is the true MVP.

Nth