Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Brown Moses posted:

That was actually the editor's wording, my draft says

This was also the paragraph about the US bombing Al-Jinah mosque and the US CENTCOM statement about it that was removed:

goddamn bm's original drafts are poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

luv 2 be an uncritical stenographer for war criminals and call it objective unbiased journalism

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

R. Guyovich posted:

ah the problem of ideology, something plaguing the practice of journalism from its literal founding day. luckily i have managed to simply avoid it, using non-ideological tools like wikipedia and google

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgQzb4ErYWQ

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kindest Forums User posted:

I think the Quebecois French (and maybe regular French) use just right and left.
:eng101: It's Bābord (left) and Tribord (right) in french.

Also all those starship trooper memes are great. Someone should just convert US anti-iran tv propaganda into the "would you like to know more" format.

Edit not to double post:
Does anyone got a youtube link to the Crisis Initiation people talk? I am in search of more public material to laugh at while they murder people for money.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 08:44 on Jun 17, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1140508243401293824?s=19

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bizarro world onion: yes it will

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

R. Guyovich posted:

ah the problem of ideology, something plaguing the practice of journalism from its literal founding day. luckily i have managed to simply avoid it, using non-ideological tools like wikipedia and google

Actually you'll find that as a centrist BM is entirely free from the curse of ideology unlike everyone who disagrees with him who are slaves to ideology of the left and right. BM is only a slave to pure unadulterated facts with no influence from context or material circumstances or pernicious ideological distortion.

Love to have a less advanced world view than They Live.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I'm not aware enough to know what's going on in Iran specifically but I do know it's insanely silly to say your words have no ideology attached to them, and are perfect facts unmarred by the world around them

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Warmongers against the wall

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm not aware enough to know what's going on in Iran specifically but I do know it's insanely silly to say your words have no ideology attached to them, and are perfect facts unmarred by the world around them

As the NYT specifically edits out the 200 words you wrote about how the US has a history of faking evidence critical of Iran

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1140561006189527041

the wording on this is just.. lmfao ahahahaha

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
give iran a nuke in my opinion

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Non proliferation is imperialism.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

orange sky posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1140561006189527041

the wording on this is just.. lmfao ahahahaha

The gall to violate the treaty the americans scrapped last year

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
proof they cant be trusted imo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

steinrokkan posted:

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

steinrokkan posted:

:eyepop:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

steinrokkan posted:

:hmmyes:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

This

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

if you don't want some bully getting in your face and taking your lunch money, you gotta have nukes

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Over Easy posted:

if you don't want some bully getting in your face and taking your lunch money, you gotta have nukes

You should be given a nuclear wedgie.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Over Easy posted:

the US is such a deceitful and belligerent actor that it's hard to avoid this truth

No existing weapons program - The US trumps up evidence and invades your country (Iraq)
Giving up weapons program - The US uses a humanitarian pretext to bomb and destroy your country (Libya)
Agreeing not to develop nuclear weapons - The US unilaterally withdraws from the agreement and initiates sanctions, more to come? (Iran)

the DPRK at least continues to exist, buried in sanctions yes but that's going to happen regardless (see Cuba, Venezuela, Syria, etc)

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 16:48 on Jun 17, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Clinton would have bombed Iran already.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Probably not, I think she's smart enough to only pick on countries that can't defend themselves.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
literally the only thing stopping the us from going to war with iran right now is that trump doesnt want to because the only thing he knows is that iraq invasion = bad so iran invasion = also bad. but dont worry the best neocon minds are working on fixing the problem!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Clinton would have bombed Iran already.

bitch we'd be in ww3 right now if clinton was in office lol

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

literally the only thing stopping the us from going to war with iran right now is that trump doesnt want to because the only thing he knows is that iraq invasion = bad so iran invasion = also bad. but dont worry the best neocon minds are working on fixing the problem!!

lol if this is the issue that forms an impeachment coalition that brings us President Pence and two catastrophic wars in Iran and Venezuela

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1140652304795951105

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Guess that saves Sisi some time.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I remember being optimistic five years ago and lol, just lol

edit oh god it all started eight years ago

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 17:59 on Jun 17, 2019

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

the US is such a deceitful and belligerent actor that it's hard to avoid this truth

No existing weapons program - The US trumps up evidence and invades your country (Iraq)
Giving up weapons program - The US uses a humanitarian pretext to bomb and destroy your country (Libya)
Agreeing not to develop nuclear weapons - The US unilaterally withdraws from the agreement and initiates sanctions, more to come? (Iran)

the DPRK at least continues to exist, buried in sanctions yes but that's going to happen regardless (see Cuba, Venezuela, Syria, etc)

"Trumps up evidence" is a very weird way of saying made it all up wholesale

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hosni mubarak is still alive

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i say swears online posted:

I remember being optimistic five years ago and lol, just lol

edit oh god it all started eight years ago

linear time is a bitch