Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I mean this is the first time someone reported us to the FBI CYBER CRIMES DIVISION so I’d say yeah Reddit quotes are probably all downhill from here lol.

Also that dude is legit mentally ill so maybe don’t gently caress with him too hard please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

hey redchris.

shenmue3 never promised in the kickstarter to release on steam. You can't change a kickstarter page after it funds (something you should be very familiar with.) A backer poll several months(?) into the project saying steam was preferred is not the same ad promised in the kickstarter.

hth

EDIT: This sounds eerily familiar.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Why is there more international agreement about the date of Father’s Day than there is about the date of Mother’s Day? :thunkher:

Lladre posted:

Happy father's day folks.

Exceptional doggo, thank you.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Why is there more international agreement about the date of Father’s Day than there is about the date of Mother’s Day? :thunkher:

Father's Day wasn't official in the US until the LBJ presidency. :eng101:

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 17, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

Happy father's day folks.

Also, :kimchi: love this pup

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean this is the first time someone reported us to the FBI CYBER CRIMES DIVISION so I’d say yeah Reddit quotes are probably all downhill from here lol.

Also that dude is legit mentally ill so maybe don’t gently caress with him too hard please

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:stare:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lmao my favorite is when they leave the hugbox to go "well ack" anytime someone posts how lovely SC is doing in r/games or really just about any other sub

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
On release every mission giver will be at the middle of a labrynth but for $199 you can buy a ball of magic twine that makes it easier to get out once you find them

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

dumb question but from what i gather starcitizendrama is actually pro sc and basically just r/dereksmart2

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's basically r/asktrumpsupporters because even acknowledging outside thinking was too much for r/thedonald

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

dumb question but from what i gather starcitizendrama is actually pro sc and basically just r/dereksmart2

Yeah the main mod was a big /r/dereksmart dude and is the guy who was going around bragging that he had all the goons tagged in RES. He's like the second dumbest "goons bad, starcitizen good" guy on reddit and this whole thing was just his attempt at having somewhere he can control the narrative instead of getting owned all the time. He also runs /r/starcitizen_debate or some poo poo like that which is only notable for having huge comment chains deleted when tojal or one of the other conspiracy theorists starts getting owned too hard. Actually maybe I have that switched around, that might be in the drama sub. IDK they're basically the same place.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Bofast posted:

The only thing Chris can do is turn wine into water (by drinking it), and that's only with the help of a sewage treatment plant or two.

Everything chris makes needs the help of a sewage treatment plant or two

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

rePool posted:

The screenshot that was shown

I'd be surprised if Vert doesn't eventually ban this guy just to avoid the headache from him.

Haha, how innocent can you be. Vert and that dude are on the same side. Either of them could be caught killing a new born calf with their bare teeth and sacrificing it to Mammon and they would be totally cool with the other dude.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

I can somehow imagine how a Eleon lover/SC fan Venn diagram would look.

EDIT:
I apologise, that's a picture of a Bell Curve with accoutrements.

Rugganovich fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 17, 2019

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Bofast posted:

Given how every patch and roadmap betrays the backers for money, I feel like they should be Judas patches.

:discourse:

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Krycek posted:

You stop using Google. https://duckduckgo.com/

My friend thanks you.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

The Titanic posted:

I believe it's the addiction of having some kind of pocket carrier deal, which implies you are the captain of some fleet. So you have all your role play fun on your big ship then go off to have your pilot(s) defend you or do stuff and come back to home base and do further stuff that is ???

Looking forward to the "Rusian Doll" Ship.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

DapperDon posted:

Happy Fathers Day.

Is it the 1st of September already?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/d9dL1OC.gifv

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

Twerk and chat watch & discuss this latest CIG video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439377851?t=21m00s

They tear it apart :laugh:

So much skepticism and piss taking.

Also Chris seems to be inflating.

EDIT: Its funny because its meant to be talk about 3.6 but then spend most of the time dreamcrafting about what might come in the future.

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 17, 2019

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Agony Aunt posted:

So much skepticism and piss taking.

Also Chris seems to be inflating.

EDIT: Its funny because its meant to be talk about 3.6 but then spend most of the time dreamcrafting about what might come in the future.

I remember in grade school having conversations like "wouldn't it be cool if." Even as kids we knew it was bullshit, but it was fun. Chris made a fortune doing the same thing. I can now say confidently that, as a child, I lacked vision.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

The dogge majestic

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
I left a beer in the freezer too long, It is now a beer slushy that I can't drink out of the bottle.

Plz send help

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scruffpuff posted:

I remember in grade school having conversations like "wouldn't it be cool if." Even as kids we knew it was bullshit, but it was fun. Chris made a fortune doing the same thing. I can now say confidently that, as a child, I lacked vision.

You'll never be Chris Roberts with that attitude!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

When the image loaded, I honestly thought the whiskey was "Ragequit" for a second.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Viscous Soda posted:

When the image loaded, I honestly thought the whiskey was "Ragequit" for a second.

I went to a whiskey tasting thing once where one guy made a whiskey (or whisky rather) so peaty it made "Big Peat" taste like water.

The guy even had tasting notes there with "Notes of burnt tyre".

That should have been called ragequit whiskey.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

There is already Czech beer called Radegast. It's not very good, but unlike this game, it's real.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I've been back to playing Destiny2, having picked up the DLC pack for $35 (50% off!) on B.Net. Irony here is that the game itself is cheaper than a loving starter pack.

It's pretty good. Considering it does have spaceships and aliens and a story, and pretty visceral PVP.

What SC can learn from it.
- Star Citizen needs to take a good look at what it is and what it wants to be. Star Citizen doesn't know what game it is, at all. Its a game without an identity. That's why people can't seem to explain it. Nobody knows what it is, or what CR wants the game to be, therefore, its schrodingers game, it is and at the same time its isn't.

- You can cheat. All games inherently cheat. There's no way you will simulate a "living breathing galaxy". You can't. You can build an illusion. And crafting the illusion is what we call design, and that design is a form of art. Since CR believes that everything can be simulated 1:1 in game, with NPCs having actual real lives. CR isn't an artist, or even trying to be one. He's a con-artist at this point, he's lying that he can make that illusion, but instead, he's deceiving himself that he can. Destiny2 has some amazing skyboxes that give you the illusion that this world is bigger than what it is, when the map designs are not open and pretty linear. But because of focused design, much can be forgiven because gameplay.

- Star Citizen's respawn / insurance purgatory is poo poo. Games are meant for you to have fun, if a game doesn't allow, that, its poo poo and shouldn't be called a game. Even though there are plenty of "respawning restricted" parts in D2, the game doesn't punish you by resetting the entire sequence, just the fight you died in. In many ways the game is absolutely forgiving, and makes you hate yourself less for missing jumps.

- Star Citizen doesn't have a fun gameloop. See in D2, you can shoot poo poo and get loot. And the whole game is based around that. Star Citizen's gameloop is: buy poo poo from the store -> go into the client, try poo poo out -> melt and more more expensive poo poo from the store. I guess its good then?

Also buy a Javelin

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

I just like the thought of a special FBI agent being assigned to read all of Tojal posts.

What's he going to do about some the international Reddit posters ? Submit seperate requests to the CIA?

So long as they pay low tax 10 bucks to break into the international crime ring I'm sure it will have a happy ending.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it costs more for the happy ending

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
STRANGE TEXTURE WALA (ARCCORP)

quote:

See the screenshot, the texture look like metalik/electronic surface

PERSONAJE MUERE SIEMPRE AL BAJAR DEL BARCO

quote:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

PERSONAJE MUERE SIEMPRE QUE BAJA DEL BARCO (AURORA MR)
EL JUEGO SE ROMPE MUY A MENUDO. LLEVO DOS DIAS INTENTANDO JUGAR
LA PUERTA DE DESPRESURIZACION NO SE ABRE

ACTUAL RESULT

DEBIDO A LOS PROBLEMAS ANTES CITADOS, ME ES IMPOSIBLE JUGAR CON FLUIDEZ. ADEMAS, ME QUEDAN POCO MAS DE 100 UEC ( PRODUCTO DE TODO LO OCURRIDO), LO QUE HACE IMPOSIBLE DISFRUTAR DE MI BARCO CUANDO ES REQUERIDO, DEBIENDO ESPERAR "MUCHO TIEMPO" PARA PODER VOLAR.

EXPECTED RESULT

DEBERÍA HABER PEDIDO MI BARCO, SALIR CON NORMALIDAD POR LA PUERTA DE DESPRESURIZACIÓN, PODER VOLAR HASTA SU DESTINO Y DISFRUTAR DE LA PARTIDA CON NORMALIDAD.

WORKAROUND

-

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Lladre posted:

Almost bought Cyberpunk 2077 today until I saw this:

Not going to give money to people who don't know how to eat with chopsticks in TYOOL 2077.

Pfft. No way will the player be controlling the cyberpunk character who controls the cybernetic hand that is holding the chopsticks. LOW FIDELITY.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

https://old.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/c1htds/so_i_got_to_recreate_my_character_as_a_woman/

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

colonelwest posted:

I’m the autistic citizen narrator trying to make 10 minutes of walking through a maze of empty corridors exiting by repeating over and over again that “this area is ahh, not in a good state of repair, I’d have to say.”

Where they’re trying to go with NPCs is a mystery to me. I guess they just can’t implement them in any meaningful numbers and the mission system is utterly broken, so they tuck the few they have into those mazes of ATMOSPHERIC! corridors, to give some kind of illusion of complexity and scale. But at the same time, they’re treating them like they’re major characters in a story that doesn’t exist and will never exist in the PU.

It's been 29 years since the SC servers went dark. There are roughly 7 computers still able to launch the exe. All attempts to transplant a working install to a different physical machine have failed. The "Star Citizen Universe" confined to these select machines have been explored virtual inch by virtual inch by a cabinet of curious citizens who document their findings and theories in online videos. One video, in which an NPC has spawned without shoes; has accumulated 33 views and spans 4 hours. Whether or not this was a glitch remains undetermined.

Thanks for reading my sc hater fanfic.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Quavers posted:

Twerk and chat watch & discuss this latest CIG video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439377851?t=21m00s

They tear it apart :laugh:

'we've been talking about doing different types of video content' sounds like something Disco says every reboot. But he's not on this show hmmmm :abrathink:

I went to their youtube channel to see if Disco was still pumping out videos:

lol ok Icarus

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jun 17, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Virtual Captain posted:

'we've been talking about doing different types of video content' sounds like something Disco says every reboot. But he's not on this show hmmmm :abrathink:

I went to their youtube channel to see if Disco was still pumping out videos:

lol ok

lmao

mods

Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishments Mausoleum › Star Citizen: Making Ship Up

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DigitalPenny posted:

I just like the thought of a special FBI agent being assigned to read all of Tojal posts.

What's he going to do about some the international Reddit posters ? Submit seperate requests to the CIA?

So long as they pay low tax 10 bucks to break into the international crime ring I'm sure it will have a happy ending.

Hello, Interpol. I'd like to report an international cyber-terrorist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

On release every mission giver will be at the middle of a labrynth but for $199 you can buy a ball of magic twine that makes it easier to get out once you find them

Can you subscribe to a $500 a month space telephone service and just loving call them?

Edit: gently caress, calling it now there will be real money paid for subscription services like phones in the game.