Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Einwand posted:

I usually reference sullla's solo beastmaster run for anything worth capturing, though it might be missing some relevant catches for party play.

This is fantastic, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Oh boy, startin' it off with white mage! That'll slow me down.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

This dungeon will be fun

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

First job this year is Black Mage. DISCO INFERNO! (I still gotta get through all the content in CrossCode though. :effort:)

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
CrossCode is amazing but sadly does not have a Fiesta, so the choice is obvious.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

NGDBSS posted:

(I still gotta get through all the content in CrossCode though. :effort:)

:geno: :respek: :geno: Same here, in addition to Baba is You.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Well, my first on Pure Chaos is... Mime. At least I get the easy Freelancer start.

Supremezero posted:

Didn't someone turn up an actually existing version of this? Where it at?

Here. I'll update the broken links mentioned earlier in the thread tonight.

1st Stage Midboss fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 17, 2019

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Shoehead posted:

This dungeon will be fun

+You can never die
-The enemy can never die

I'm at Red Mage/Zerker/?/?, but I'm also popping job fair once I hit the Earth Crystal since I'm planning on hitting Ultrafilter's toxx.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
I went WinnerRisk and got Blue Mage / Berserker / Summoner / White Mage so I think whoever was suggesting Winner might be based on the Twitter poll from a couple of months back is spot on.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Everyone who went WinnerRisk got that, and everyone who just went winner gets a Time instead of Zerker.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

I played it safe-ish with a Normal Risk, and so far it's Blue/Zerk/Ranger - managed to get up to just before Ifrit before heading off for work, so still on the 2-job combo.

First time Fiesta-ing with Blue and...yeah, it's about as easy as people make it out to be, even before Mighty Guard and White Wind are on the table.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Complete_Cynic posted:

I played it safe-ish with a Normal Risk, and so far it's Blue/Zerk/Ranger - managed to get up to just before Ifrit before heading off for work, so still on the 2-job combo.

First time Fiesta-ing with Blue and...yeah, it's about as easy as people make it out to be, even before Mighty Guard and White Wind are on the table.

Just tossing out Aeros at anyone who looks at me funny.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

Just tossing out Aeros at anyone who looks at me funny.

Speaking of, I nearly forgot to grab Aera while I'm in the library - zerkers kept killing the Gigases during the Great Karnak Caper too quickly! Thanks!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So my jobs this time are Zerker, Zerker, Blue Magic, and Bard? I know zerkers are zerkers, but do the other two at least be useful? Otherwise I can just always throw a dollar patreon to get the reroll.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Fat and Useless posted:

So uh, this is a thing I have to deal with.

That's, uh...

At least you can steal a Lamia's Tiara in the Ronka Ruins, I guess. And a Gaia Hammer from Titan if you're really mad (or using save states).

Shoehead posted:

This dungeon will be fun

Worth noting that the Staff deals halved damage from the back row. Put everyone in the front and that fight will go twice as fast.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Rirse posted:

So my jobs this time are Zerker, Zerker, Blue Magic, and Bard? I know zerkers are zerkers, but do the other two at least be useful? Otherwise I can just always throw a dollar patreon to get the reroll.

Blue Magic pretty much instantly beats a not-insignificant amount of bosses between Death Claw, Dark Spark and Level X spells, and Bard lets you boost the zerks to the skies during Treedeath and make NED a bit easier.

The usual roadblock for zerks, Sandworm, gets absolutely destroyed by Aqua Rake.

Equip Harps from Bard gives your zerks some actual agility which helps. Pretty sure that and Blue Magic both boost Magic for Rune Axe and the like's purposes, but I haven't double-checked.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Samuel Clemens posted:

That's, uh...

At least you can steal a Lamia's Tiara in the Ronka Ruins, I guess. And a Gaia Hammer from Titan if you're really mad (or using save states).

Worth noting that the Staff deals halved damage from the back row. Put everyone in the front and that fight will go twice as fast.

I literally just had that realisation. Should make the ship graveyard go quicker now that I have the rest of the morning free

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Red Mage start, huh?

...Eh, could be worse.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Shoehead posted:

I literally just had that realisation. Should make the ship graveyard go quicker now that I have the rest of the morning free

Everything in the graveyard is undead, so you can just toss Cure at them and weep for one of the only times White Mage will be able to deal damage until you clear Fork Tower.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Bard/Time Mage/Thief/Chemist

I guess I'll triple crown, clearly Gilgabot wants me to.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Help how do I kill siren with all thieves.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Decided to do my first fiesta ever and got Knight/Summoner/Ninja/Chemist. Thanks for taking it easy on me.

I was briefly considering the Brave Blade until I remembered the flow chart.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Samuel Clemens posted:

That's, uh...

I never knew you could steal earthquake fun time hammer from titan, good thing I caught this just before I needed to.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Got MNK/BER/SAM/DAN, which ain't bad but is going to be painful on the healing front.

Glad I'm not doing it on mobile this year, having Good Friend Zerky as the only damage option against Gun sucks.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I'm being nice and patient and only asking for new jobs as I need them. Black mage start was a bit of a bummer, since that was my pseudo fiesta- and it was even easier than I remembered. Might as well have tried to speed run the thing without even visiting the towns. Now it's Berserker, which was inevitable with risk really. The real question is whether I'm getting another one too.

So I'm playing the Korean SNES fan translation, which is obviously based on the English one. The wet Faris scene was super goofy, because she claimed that if the other pirates had known she was a girl, they would have treated her like an idiot. Was the original like that too?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Humbled by a total party kill from level 5 death from a Page 64 immediately after clowning on Ifrit. :arghfist::saddowns:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I usually go with the iOS version because it's easier to take screenshots, but since I went for the Advance run, I need to get all the Tablets to unlock the last job.

I got Monk, Geomancer, Dancer, Oracle. How possible is it to get all the Tablets with Monk, Geo, Dancer?

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I usually go with the iOS version because it's easier to take screenshots, but since I went for the Advance run, I need to get all the Tablets to unlock the last job.

I got Monk, Geomancer, Dancer, Oracle. How possible is it to get all the Tablets with Monk, Geo, Dancer?

iOS Omniscient with those three is gonna be very, very tricky - you don't have any commands that won't trigger Reset, it's all down to items and equipment.

Reflect Ring w/ bounced Mage Masher procs through self-stabbing to silence him for a round or two, then hit him as hard as possible (hoping for Sword Dance from a Monk?) - it's a lot of RNG!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Complete_Cynic posted:

iOS Omniscient with those three is gonna be very, very tricky - you don't have any commands that won't trigger Reset, it's all down to items and equipment.

Reflect Ring w/ bounced Mage Masher procs through self-stabbing to silence him for a round or two, then hit him as hard as possible (hoping for Sword Dance from a Monk?) - it's a lot of RNG!

Urgh.

I could go for the emulator route and use the Fiesta patch, but I love playing on the go.

I guess I'll try the iOS version and might rage-restart on emulator.

wodenspoon
May 2, 2018

Regular ol' run for my first one this year-- White Mage/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Dragoon. I'll take it gladly, and I guess I feel obligated to Triple Crown.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Gah gently caress you Magissa. I can't seem to silence her

Edit: looks like her head covers up the status effect and I was trying to silence her over and over :sweatdrop:

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 17, 2019

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Azza Bamboo posted:

Help how do I kill siren with all thieves.

Throw potions at undead form is reasonable damage for classes who need the help. Unfortunatly, she's heavy, so no phoenix down shenanigans.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

:stare: Okay, then.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Capfalcon posted:

Throw potions at undead form is reasonable damage for classes who need the help. Unfortunatly, she's heavy, so no phoenix down shenanigans.

This is how I did it in the end. With all thieves it didn't take me long to swipe 18 or so potions. Then I just fled my way direct to the boss and cheesed it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh no my run I mention of zerker, zerker, blue mage, and bard also has fifth job. I didn’t check what it is yet but which one I lose?

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Rirse posted:

Oh no my run I mention of zerker, zerker, blue mage, and bard also has fifth job. I didn’t check what it is yet but which one I lose?

It's whichever one is in the 4th/Earth slot.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I looked ahead. Monk, time mage, bard and samurai.

I guess I'll go triple crown for the first time. Also, my monk gets to be relevant in endgame :toot:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Fat and Useless posted:

I never knew you could steal earthquake fun time hammer from titan, good thing I caught this just before I needed to.

It's a shame because Berserker with high Magic and the Gaia Hammer would demolish World 2, but you obviously won't have the Oracle by that point (and I don't think it would pass on its Magic stat with any ability anyway).

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Black Mage/Red Mage start. This seems like easy mode so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Complete_Cynic posted:

It's whichever one is in the 4th/Earth slot.

So I lose bard then. Hope it not replaced by another zerker.