Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Djarum posted:

I am amazed there hasn't been an announcement of them yet.

Y5 remaster comes out in Japan in like a week so I'm hoping there will be a western announcement soon after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

P sure Judgment is top priority for them right now anyway so any news on the remasters is gonna be after that launches.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Kiwami 1 has the reunion with Pocket Fighter and all those dudes, and it’s my favorite game. But the story is a chore, and eventually you get tired of Majima showing up once you’ve seen all his various ambushes. (Some of them are amazing the first time though)

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Goromi-chan :swoon:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m guessing 3-5 will be a remaster bundle

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Frostylva/status/1138822382737604608

Crossposting from the cosplay thread

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Strip away the homoeroticism of Yakuza and what are you left with? Heteroeroticism? Ew, gross.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lady Kiryu when

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
how in the gently caress is judgment still two weeks away what is happening right now

i have the shakes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/fwiphy/status/1139345412190593024

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Starting to think I’m not going to finish Yakuza 2 Kiwami before Judgment arrives

Quick, who else is secretly Korean

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

nrook posted:

Starting to think I’m not going to finish Yakuza 2 Kiwami before Judgment arrives

everyone

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

nrook posted:

remember that loving traitor Buono? yeah he's Korean

the dog they adopt? Korean.

Ono Michio? Korean

Zushio
May 8, 2008
A large portion of the plot of Kiwami 2 seems to be that it is very difficult to tell Japanese & Korean people apart.

I'm also sure there is an allegory somewhere in there for those loving rocks in the middle of the ocean.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 15, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CharlestonJew posted:

Ono Michio? Korean

The player ? Korean

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Kiryu is also Korean.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
So's Gary Buster Holmes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Finally done with Y5! And I don't use words like "finally" lightly. It was a lot of varied fun but it did overstay its welcome towards the end just a little bit.

The story developing across different protagonists and culminating in a grand finale was much better realized than in Y4 here, even though the actual plot was a bit hard to follow and relied on slightly more surprise twists than coherence this time. Still, in my private ranking, this easily takes a spot in the top 3, although still not above Kiwami 2 or Zero. Those are just too good. Generally, as well done as it was and as much as I like Saejima and Akiyama, I just like the more focused games better.

(It goes 3 - Kiwami 1 - 4 - 5 - Kiwami 2 - Zero now.)

Special shoutout to Kiryu's final boss fight, which was one of the best I've had in these games so far, but also to Akiyama's which was the designated Unfair poo poo Fight this time around, what a shame. Didn't do the whole Victory Road bit, that seemed particularly grindy this time around, although I've got a bit of time left on the Plus subscription that allowed me to play so maybe I'll take a second look and see how I get on.

Outside of that, I've played 3, 4 and 5 back to back now. 6 is in my drawer but I think I need a good long break from the series before I tackle the final installment and face a new engine and less minigames. No more pachinko is honestly gonna hit me hard.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

My Lovely Horse posted:

Finally done with Y5! And I don't use words like "finally" lightly. It was a lot of varied fun but it did overstay its welcome towards the end just a little bit.

The story developing across different protagonists and culminating in a grand finale was much better realized than in Y4 here, even though the actual plot was a bit hard to follow and relied on slightly more surprise twists than coherence this time. Still, in my private ranking, this easily takes a spot in the top 3, although still not above Kiwami 2 or Zero. Those are just too good. Generally, as well done as it was and as much as I like Saejima and Akiyama, I just like the more focused games better.

(It goes 3 - Kiwami 1 - 4 - 5 - Kiwami 2 - Zero now.)

Special shoutout to Kiryu's final boss fight, which was one of the best I've had in these games so far, but also to Akiyama's which was the designated Unfair poo poo Fight this time around, what a shame. Didn't do the whole Victory Road bit, that seemed particularly grindy this time around, although I've got a bit of time left on the Plus subscription that allowed me to play so maybe I'll take a second look and see how I get on.

Outside of that, I've played 3, 4 and 5 back to back now. 6 is in my drawer but I think I need a good long break from the series before I tackle the final installment and face a new engine and less minigames. No more pachinko is honestly gonna hit me hard.

6 feels so different from the Yakuza Engine games that it really doesn’t feel like more of the same. It’s actually really refreshing.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Anyone else got a huge performance drop in Kiwami 2 since the last patch? even the karaoke drops frames :(

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I did notice that but then I realized that my graphics settings had been reset or something, could check that

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Ono Michio? Korean

What about noted American popstar Miracle Johnson?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

Double Korean

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Defenestrategy posted:

Secret Korean and child molestor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
miracle johnson is the dreaded hybrid of korean and zainichi, making him the most korean of all!

it'd be nice if 2 was less racist.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Deadguy2322 posted:

6 feels so different from the Yakuza Engine games that it really doesn’t feel like more of the same. It’s actually really refreshing.
tempted

So how's Dead Souls, anyway?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

tempted

Janky, not especially fun to play, and of course, not canon. I'd skip it, especially if you're feeling series fatigue.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Judgment is Friday (for digital) and I can't fuckin' wait

I had next week off work because my wife was getting a kitten so the perfect excuse to stay home and play it, but she got her dates wrong and so I had to move it to the week after :smith:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

You get early access if you preordered Judgment digitally, right?

I'm pretty excited, I haven't really checked out any of the gameplay or trailers so I'm gonna go in pretty blind as to what to expect beyond "it's a criminal investigation story set in Kamurocho" which is incredibly my poo poo.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
So many Yakuza games share this problem where there's a cool A-plot and a significantly less cool B-plot, usually involving secret foreigners, that nonetheless takes up 50% of the run time. Yakuza 0 has been my favorite story for how tight it was in comparison.

I hope Judgement does the right thing with its story.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Wait? What? I get my Judgment early because I preordered digitally

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Zushio posted:

Wait? What? I get my Judgment early because I preordered digitally

Friday for digital, Tuesday for physical

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
and here it is.
https://twitter.com/Frostylva/status/1140709746175021056

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Sadly, between moving to Korea (sorry guys secret is out I must now destroy the Tojo) and my computer and PS4 being in transit, I will have to await Judgment.

Still, gives me time to pick up Kiwami 2 on sale.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

My Lovely Horse posted:

tempted

Dead Souls is a "just okay" game with terrible controls. If the controls were ever to be fixed in a re-release of some kind, it would be updated to "pretty good".

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I still think it's so weird that Yakuza Studio made two different shooter games to learn how 3rd person shooting worked (one of which was very good) and then decided not to put that work into a Yakuza game or make any more games with it.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

man nurse posted:

Janky, not especially fun to play, and of course, not canon. I'd skip it, especially if you're feeling series fatigue.

Saralene posted:

Dead Souls is a "just okay" game with terrible controls. If the controls were ever to be fixed in a re-release of some kind, it would be updated to "pretty good".

Dead Souls isn't worth it just for this alone?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Policenaut posted:

I still think it's so weird that Yakuza Studio made two different shooter games to learn how 3rd person shooting worked (one of which was very good) and then decided not to put that work into a Yakuza game or make any more games with it.

I enjoyed Binary Domain and would love a sequel. But let's be honest, it was a naked attempt to cash in on the success of Gears of War. The market has shifted away from that kind of game so a sequel is unlikely.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

:thatsrad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh neat, I only saw the physical release date of Judgement the last time I checked. Looking forward to Friday. :toot: