Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

I wish I liked CT but honestly it’s just kind of boring.

The combat is way to simple to be engaging and the story is there.

I had the same issue with secret of mana.

I didn’t play them as a kid so that may factor in.

Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

Hmm, weird. I didn't play it as a kid either, but I had the opposite experience. I played it on the DS for the first time a few years ago and I loved it. I loved how little it wastes your time. Your objectives are clear and it doesn't do much jerking you around. I liked the characters a lot and the battle system was fun to play around with. I also appreciated the lack of random encounters, and it was just the right length. Long enough that I feel like a got my money's worth but not long enough to wear out its welcome. Granted I didn't bother with the DS exclusive content because I heard it's bad, nor did I try for different endings. One playthrough was enough. Excellent game.

don't worry he doesn't like anything

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Augus posted:

don't worry he doesn't like anything

Lol getting mad about video games.

I’m sorry I don’t like the games you do.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 17, 2019

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
I'm playing Last Remnant Remastered. I have terrible taste, apparently.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Klisejo posted:

I'm playing Last Remnant Remastered. I have terrible taste, apparently.

:rock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njI2fT4d2CY

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
last remnant is a good game if you like saga games, and keeping an extensive guide open unless you don't mind getting stuck in an unwinnable state late in the game.

if you don't like saga games then you'll change your tune about halfway in. the intro and the first half of the game is fairly tame, but if you aren't super into it by the time the game shows its teeth, you will regret this

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I keep confusing Last Remnant with Lost Odyssey and it trips me the gently caress up.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Does anyone know if the physical copy of super Mario maker 2 comes with the little booklet like the first game? I'm on the fence about using a voucher for it because if there is one I'd like to go physical

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

mind the walrus posted:

I keep confusing Last Remnant with Lost Odyssey and it trips me the gently caress up.

I keep getting Last Remnant confused with Resonance of Fate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mind the walrus posted:

Goooooooood I want to play LO again.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Raserys posted:

Does anyone know if the physical copy of super Mario maker 2 comes with the little booklet like the first game? I'm on the fence about using a voucher for it because if there is one I'd like to go physical

The best I can say is we don't know. The limited edition has a 12 month subscribe to Nintendo Online, and pre-ordering gives you a stylus - at least in Europe - but other than that, no idea. So far it doesn't look like it'll have anything extra like the booklet from the first one.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

last remnant is a good game if you like saga games, and keeping an extensive guide open unless you don't mind getting stuck in an unwinnable state late in the game.

Yeah I had to backtrack to an earlier save at one point. I've kind of gotten the hang of it now, I think. I did like the psx Saga Frontiers and the Romancing Saga 2 port they did, so it's not an alien experience once I realized what kind of game it was. And read an FAQ explaining all the poo poo the game is hiding from me.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I think I’ve said this before but I want Chrono Trigger on my switch so I can enjoy it handheld and blast it on the TV when the music gets super dope which is during most of the dope rear end game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rolo posted:

I think I’ve said this before but I want Chrono Trigger on my switch so I can enjoy it handheld and blast it on the TV when the music gets super dope which is during most of the dope rear end game.

Careful or youll get a ps1 port with emulated disc loads

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Raserys posted:

Probably not. Nintendo actually did give out the booklet to people that bought Mario Maker 1 digitally though. I got mine that way.:)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Mods?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

You sound madder than he does.

(I'm madder than both of you, btw)

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm not mad b/c I'm playing Yoshi's Crafted World and I got all the poochies and Yoshi did a little dance and it made me feel happy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

American McGay posted:

You sound madder than he does.

(I'm madder than both of you, btw)

How dare you

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mind the walrus posted:

i always get it confused with The Last Story but hey

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Rolo posted:

Well, if you have a switch from before last July and a paperclip...

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
this looks pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ1pHvqezjo

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Ni No Zelda. Yes Please.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

definitely not ghibli original concept do not steal

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ni no Kuni 3 lookin' sick

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ehh idk. the art style is really nice but it also looks robotic as hell. there's a lot of snap-to, which you can get away with in 2D but not so much in 3D, and i can't not see it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Hey Baldo, vote Quimby.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

The White Dragon posted:

ehh idk. the art style is really nice but it also looks robotic as hell. there's a lot of snap-to, which you can get away with in 2D but not so much in 3D, and i can't not see it

yeah i noticed that too - gonna need a demo

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

I bought a set of neon pink and green joycons, and I appreciate the fact that the little "controller connected" icons use the actual colors of the joycons that you've connected. It almost makes me feel slightly better about paying $70 for new joycons.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Goooooooood I want to play LO again.

Imagine playing the "light torches at the funeral" Minigame with motion controls

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Alan_Shore posted:

Let's Go was so easy it was criminal. You don't need to grind when Eevee can take down whole teams

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b4DNKfs_tU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's Candy Crush, lol.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

DR. PEACH

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Necrodancer people, how the gently caress do I leave coop mode if I accidentally walked over it?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

American McGay posted:

It's Candy Crush, lol.

I feel sorry for the person out there who thought the Nintendo Mobile Gaming Initiative would just be them putting their old and/or current games onto mobile platforms.

Even though they always said even back in the Iwata days that that was never going to be the case when it came to putting stuff out on phones.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dr. Yoshi and Dr. Bowser.

They’ll give anyone a loving medical degree in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They could have PhDs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I read this as Connecticut as first, being from there, and Yes, I can see how that state can be like a JRPG.

Can you escape the apple orchard before the nutmeg monster makes it across the scenic tree-divided highway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I feel sorry for the person out there who thought the Nintendo Mobile Gaming Initiative would just be them putting their old and/or current games onto mobile platforms.

Even though they always said even back in the Iwata days that that was never going to be the case when it came to putting stuff out on phones.

I don’t think anyone was seriously expecting a mobile port of Link to the Past or anything, but it would be nice if they would offer something other than the usual mobile microtransaction hell. I guess they tried that with Super Mario Run, but it made a small fraction of the money that their free-to-play titles have, so it’s not particularly surprising, just disappointing.