Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's our word!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Boxturret posted:

dmca that image for saying buttcoin please

this would honestly hilarious because garrison is a giant whiny pissbaby and would spend 2 straight days learning about something awful in order to draw a comic depicting uwe boll as trump (labelled freedom) beating lowtax (complete with swastika and hammer and sickle on his costume) up while a bunch of fat neckbeards labelled "goons" are depicted on the sidelines on their computers laughing at war heroes online or something equally outrageous

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Drone_Fragger posted:

a bunch of fat neckbeards labelled "goons" are depicted on the sidelines on their computers laughing at war heroes online or something equally outrageous

no, political cartoons usually include exaggeration to make a point. this is a perfectly accurate image.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Paladinus posted:

It's our word!

i discovered that u are a secret bitcoiner, explain urself

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

no, political cartoons usually include exaggeration to make a point. this is a perfectly accurate image.

drat, ya got me

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

this would honestly hilarious because garrison is a giant whiny pissbaby and would spend 2 straight days learning about something awful in order to draw a comic depicting uwe boll as trump (labelled freedom) beating lowtax (complete with swastika and hammer and sickle on his costume) up while a bunch of fat neckbeards labelled "goons" are depicted on the sidelines on their computers laughing at war heroes online or something equally outrageous
4chan trolled ben garrison for a bit and this was his response:

ben has since changed his opinion on 4chan to it being a bastion of free speech to fight against THEM the deep state mainstream media.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
why does his laptop have a crank

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

ben has since changed his opinion on 4chan to it being a bastion of free speech to fight against ____.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Boxturret posted:

why does his laptop have a crank

why does ur mom have a crank

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

:hmmyes:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

...! posted:

olpc xo?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

ben has since changed his opinion on 4chan to it being a bastion of free speech to fight against THEM the deep state mainstream media.

The dude has a raging woody for Trump, his cartoons always seem to consist of an incredibly huge, muscular trump flexing so hard that the democrats/communists/jews/blacks (he's also a racist, go figure) get instantly destroyed by the power of trumps perfect physique and hair-do, so it's no surprise that he'd be pro-4chan.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

i discovered that u are a secret bitcoiner, explain urself

Paladinus: creator of the hit internet animation bitcoin and friends

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
See you in court!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I just remembered that last summer I bought a watermelon, chopped it up into pieces to savor later, and had to dispose of the rinds. The green bits with hardly any pink stuff clinging to it that you're not supposed to eat, that stuff. I dumped it in into a wild weed bed further into the woods instead of composting it, deciding maybe the deer can eat it instead of the plants once it rots and decomposes.

So then the next day I go out to remove some dead branches and stuff, my approach startled a small herd of bitcoins off to the side in the wild grasses: one bit and two coins. I saw them run for their lives as I approached at least 50 feet away off to the side, not even going near them because they're that skittish and stupid. However, as their tails were lifted up to give warnings to other bitcoins and running away as fast as possible, all three of them had prominent crusty brown orbs on where their assholes would be.

When I investigated the rind dumping ground later, I realized the rinds were missing. They had no doubt eaten the watermelon rinds overnight, and it gave them the shits. Diarrhea and one of the bitcoins had a really unripe flower bud shitball right under its tail refusing to break off from it hopping 3 feet in the air with every bound and leap. All of them probably had dribbly runny brown streaks flow into the soil at the crack of dawn from the discard watermelon, too.

They all ran away further into the woods and I didn't see them or their poo poo-smeared blockchain rear end holes for a long time. Good.
The moral of the story I guess is that if you give food to bitcoins for whatever reason, give them watermelon rinds so you also give them the shits for Montezuma's Revenge.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

CampingCarl posted:

whoa, it's a good ben garrison cartoon 🤯

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

buttcoin gang tag

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Garrison started as a terrible Ron Paul “audit the fed”/“arrest the banksters” type, and was constantly getting his anti-Federal Reserve/anti-banking comics edited by 4chan into antisemitic propaganda (which was really easy to do, as his comics relied on the same tropes). He was really offended by that, and spent some time attacking the people trolling him rather than taking a good hard look at himself and his attitudes to see why his work was so fungible with nazi propaganda. Then eventually the alt-right lovebombed him and he fully joined their ranks. Now he’s the horrible monster we all know. https://www.wired.com/story/ben-garrison-alt-right-cartoonist/

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol whomst is this childe who didn’t know garrison used to be center-left?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

Garrison started as a terrible Ron Paul “audit the fed”/“arrest the banksters” type, and was constantly getting his anti-Federal Reserve/anti-banking comics edited by 4chan into antisemitic propaganda (which was really easy to do, as his comics relied on the same tropes).
:thunk:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What looks like a bitcoin shill site might have bought a defunct Twitter account followed by 7 million people.
https://twitter.com/GLOno3/status/1140460487118712832

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

LanceHunter posted:

Garrison started as a terrible Ron Paul “audit the fed”/“arrest the banksters” type, and was constantly getting his anti-Federal Reserve/anti-banking comics edited by 4chan into antisemitic propaganda (which was really easy to do, as his comics relied on the same tropes). He was really offended by that, and spent some time attacking the people trolling him rather than taking a good hard look at himself and his attitudes to see why his work was so fungible with nazi propaganda. Then eventually the alt-right lovebombed him and he fully joined their ranks. Now he’s the horrible monster we all know. https://www.wired.com/story/ben-garrison-alt-right-cartoonist/

from terrible ron paul type to horrible alt-right monster. quite the rollercoaster.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

from terrible ron paul type to horrible alt-right monster. quite the rollercoaster.

next, you'll be telling me he's developed peculiar ideas about minorities

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The interesting part was how, after alt-right pulled back the curtain on the core of Garrison's views, he had a moment of genuine revulsion (before eventually diving headfirst into it).

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

LanceHunter posted:

The interesting part was how

yeah

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/patio11/status/1140857719441612800

i'm not sure exactly what's going on here but when it pops it's probably going to be spectacular

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://twitter.com/zhusu/status/1140747998156115968

:munch:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

i'm not sure exactly what's going on here but when it pops it's probably going to be spectacular

Wait are they saying a tether is currently worth more than a dollar lol

I mean just admit that itchy and scratchy bucks are worthless already

E: read the quoted quoted tweet, man it's gonna be fun when that particular thing implodes

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 18, 2019

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Qwertycoatl posted:

yeah, tether is being massively pumped by the Chinese market. They don't have exchanges any more, so they buy Tethers over the counter. At a premium, no less - 7 CNY for one USDT, as opposed to the official rate of 6.7 CNY for one USD (according to @CNLedger). This gets them into the crypto markets, so they can gamble their little hearts out.

https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/1115070890776059904

im sure itll be fine, fine

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Do tethers not count as crypto currency? I don't understand how you can ban crypto exchanges but still let people buy tether. How do tethers even work if they're not a crypto currency?

Also why would any lender think this was a good idea? Number go up, the borrower will have no problem repaying. Number go down, they default and the collateral is worthless?

Chalks fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 18, 2019

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
facebooks new blockchain currency requires everyone to identify with government photo ids

you know what doesn't require a photo id to let you transfer money?

thats right, paypal

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

svayam--bhagavan [score hidden] 57 minutes ago

Even if it sounds like a conspiracy, jewish bankers won't allow anyone to have anything of value like gold. They are super pissed at crypto because they can't just outright buy or cease or steal it. And that is why we know that crypo is going to be worth a lot more in the future.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

...! posted:

svayam--bhagavan [score hidden] 57 minutes ago

Even if it sounds like a conspiracy, jewish bankers won't allow anyone to have anything of value like gold.

lol yeah thats why it's impossible to buy gold. no one can do it. because the ______s dont let them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hammerite posted:

lol yeah thats why it's impossible to buy gold. no one can do it. because the ______s dont let them.

You can only buy fool's gold. All real gold is stored under the flat Earth in a huge bag.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Paladinus posted:

You can only buy fool's gold. All real gold is stored under the flat Earth in a huge bag.

it`s under a birdbath

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ymgve posted:

facebooks new blockchain currency requires everyone to identify with government photo ids

you know what doesn't require a photo id to let you transfer money?
thats right, paypal

blockchain*

quote:

*In order to securely store transactions, data on the Libra Blockchain is protected by Merkle trees, a data structure used by other blockchains that enables the detection of any changes to existing data. Unlike previous blockchains, which view the blockchain as a collection of blocks of transactions, the Libra Blockchain is a single data structure that records the history of transactions and states over time. This implementation simplifies the work of applications accessing the blockchain, allowing them to read any data from any point in time and verify the integrity of that data using a unified framework.

literally just a database

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Paladinus posted:

Paladinus posted:

Weatherman posted:

it`s under a birdbath

who holds the bag that's under the flat earthbird bath tho

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/1140096866169679873

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.