Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Invoker is just kind of an unfun build and it kinda ruined the season for me. I want to reroll monk to finish the season but I am not sure I've got the energy for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
Sprinter trip report: my first attempt took me 1 hour to finish acts 1 & 2. :cry:

Second attempt I got through act 1 in ~24 minutes before I had to quit.

This might be harder than I thought.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

RTM posted:

Sprinter trip report: my first attempt took me 1 hour to finish acts 1 & 2. :cry:

What class/build are you using? Also do you have helpers for turn ins and what not?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RTM posted:

NGL I don't think I'm ever going to even try sprinter solo, Boss Rush is fine because you can front-load the "gently caress you" places but imagine losing on Sprinter because of bad RNG generation on Urzael/Aria in act 5

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I can't imagine trying Sprinter solo with anything other than an infinite dashing monk.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

RTM posted:

Are you doing it on Normal difficulty?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress set dungeons, gently caress whoever designed set dungeons, and especially gently caress whoever puts them on every single loving season journey. They were an interesting gimmick when they came out but they're annoying, completely different from how you actually play the game, have a lot of bullshit gotchas that aren't remotely fun to encounter, and even with the eased requirements the continued mudflation of set stats makes many of them get even more obnoxious over time without stripping off all your non-set gear. Yes this is 100% old man yells at cloud bullshit that I say every other season and it isn't ever changing and you can get master one in an hour or less, but anyone who actually cares about the loving things mastered them all years ago and they add nothing to the season. :mad:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I've soloed Sprinter before on a Wiz with Aether walker and a shitload of regen etc... I think it took me 2 or 3 runs?

I was considering doing it again this season but definitely can't solo that well on Necro.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I have to be doing something wrong? The way I play is to set all my skills to fire every time they come off cool down and have punish on left mouse and horse on right. Sometimes it's an issue of skills not being ready but most of the time the shield takes care of the cool downs.

I'm sure you have it sorted since you followed icy veins but: You have the bane of the stricken legendary gem equipped right? I remember forgetting to equip it one time after switching characters and it was night and day. It makes a huge difference once the stacks start adding up!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Asimo posted:

gently caress set dungeons, gently caress whoever designed set dungeons, and especially gently caress whoever puts them on every single loving season journey. They were an interesting gimmick when they came out but they're annoying, completely different from how you actually play the game, have a lot of bullshit gotchas that aren't remotely fun to encounter, and even with the eased requirements the continued mudflation of set stats makes many of them get even more obnoxious over time without stripping off all your non-set gear. Yes this is 100% old man yells at cloud bullshit that I say every other season and it isn't ever changing and you can get master one in an hour or less, but anyone who actually cares about the loving things mastered them all years ago and they add nothing to the season. :mad:

Nah I agree. I LOVED the idea for making me play different sets and explore the variety of classes but actually they boil down to "unequip everything, lower your stats, take out paragon stuff, don't use the build correctly or you'll do too well" a lot of the time

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Additionally, gently caress set dungeons because us Hardcore players have no way of safely learning the set dungeons gimmick since difficulty is locked and if we screw up we have to farm another set to try again.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Shrecknet posted:

Additionally, gently caress set dungeons because us Hardcore players have no way of safely learning the set dungeons gimmick since difficulty is locked and if we screw up we have to farm another set to try again.

Death in a Set Dungeon isn't permanent, unless they changed it to be. If you die in there, you just fail and get kicked back out to the entrance.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cleaned up the OP a little and added a front and center link to wolfCryer's newbie guides. If you can think of anything else you'd like me to add or update to the OP lemme know

5er
Jun 1, 2000

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Nah I agree. I LOVED the idea for making me play different sets and explore the variety of classes but actually they boil down to "unequip everything, lower your stats, take out paragon stuff, don't use the build correctly or you'll do too well" a lot of the time

I also agree, because most of those set dungeons also will rely on raw, emergent luck, and you're stuck having to do-over sometimes due to problems that no amount of skill on your part could've avoided.

Some people thrive on that poo poo I guess but it's an enormous waste of time to me, especially when there's absolutely no consolation prizes to failed set dungeon runs.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

What set dungeons are you all having challenges with? I’ve done all the necro, barb, dh, and monk ones and had very little trouble. Yes it was dumb having to unequip gems and ancillary items for a couple because killing too fast is bad for a couple of them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Each class has at least one piss easy set dungeon so for every season just save up a backup set and you’ll get it done eventually. Bonus if it’s also the free set for that season.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I thought one day I'd try to do them all, like one class per season but instead just do the minimum for the journey because they're not fun.

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
I'm trying Sprinter solo with a Wizard on normal difficulty. I'm using the fastest setup I could theorycraft - Aether Walker, Krelm's Buff Belt, Cosmic Strand, etc. Here's my profile:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/RTM-1420/hero/111532981

I think the helm should have a topaz instead of a diamond but I never run out of AP anyway so I'm not too worried about it.

I made a few attempts at Act 1 last night and I couldn't get my time down below 24 minutes even with relatively good luck on finding exits, etc. Guides I've read say that if you can't make it through Act 2 by 30 minutes then you need insane luck to successfully complete Acts 3-5 in the remaining time. I'll probably have to find a group to do it or level another character for the set dungeon achievement. 3 conquests is the last achievement I need to complete my season journey, although I was mainly after the extra stash tab.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wherein someone power levels themselves in 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm-rpR2f-AY

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

and all it took was leveling over 10 Gem of Eases to level 25

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

RTM posted:

I'm trying Sprinter solo with a Wizard on normal difficulty. I'm using the fastest setup I could theorycraft - Aether Walker, Krelm's Buff Belt, Cosmic Strand, etc. Here's my profile:

I think the helm should have a topaz instead of a diamond but I never run out of AP anyway so I'm not too worried about it.

I made a few attempts at Act 1 last night and I couldn't get my time down below 24 minutes even with relatively good luck on finding exits, etc. Guides I've read say that if you can't make it through Act 2 by 30 minutes then you need insane luck to successfully complete Acts 3-5 in the remaining time. I'll probably have to find a group to do it or level another character for the set dungeon achievement. 3 conquests is the last achievement I need to complete my season journey, although I was mainly after the extra stash tab.

Have you tried scramble on storm armor? Can provide a bit more speed. How does wormhole interact with Aetherwalker?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Shrecknet posted:

and all it took was leveling over 10 Gem of Eases to level 25

Might even be more fun than augmenting a full set of ancients

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!

bamhand posted:

Have you tried scramble on storm armor? Can provide a bit more speed. How does wormhole interact with Aetherwalker?

I have not tried Storm Armor, but I'll give it a shot. I had configured skills to proc the 4 elements for Tal's set but things die so quick I don't think it's a big deal.

Wormhole + Aetherwalker = you're only charged AP for every other teleport. It's pretty cool.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oooh whoops, I was thinking Reversal haha. Yeah ok that makes sense.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

MariusLecter posted:

In the time it takes to crank up ten Gems of Ease to rank 25, they probably could have gotten one of each class leveled up by someone else with just a set of Cain's Memory and a flawless royal ruby in their helmet with Leorix's Crown in the cube. Hell, add in an Infernal Ring.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Star Man posted:

In the time it takes to crank up ten Gems of Ease to rank 25, they probably could have gotten one of each class leveled up by someone else with just a set of Cain's Memory and a flawless royal ruby in their helmet with Leorix's Crown in the cube. Hell, add in an Infernal Ring.

or you could just take an extra 30 seconds and stand butt rear end naked at the rift entrance

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Vomik posted:

or you could just take an extra 30 seconds and stand butt rear end naked at the rift entrance

You can. When I need extra characters power leveled, I will make all the stuff I listed and it makes it take only two rifts. Plus it doesn't take a bunch of time or resources to make all of it. You're already doing ubers for your season journey.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I do HEAVILY recommend leveling 1 gem of ease to 25 if you're ever gonna do alts though. This season with the Ancient buff a level 70 weapon is absolutely broken, you can do like T4 comfortably most of the way

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:lol: I didn't even consider that the buff would work below 70. Handy.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I do HEAVILY recommend leveling 1 gem of ease to 25 if you're ever gonna do alts though. This season with the Ancient buff a level 70 weapon is absolutely broken, you can do like T4 comfortably most of the way
Yeah, I think I did this with a random ancient 2h and started a T6 rift and got to about level 50 before the level popups finally caught up with my actual level.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Hellfire ring/ammy don't have a level requirement, you can craft some ancient ones without too much difficulty as well.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Will Styles posted:

Hellfire ring/ammy don't have a level requirement, you can craft some ancient ones without too much difficulty as well.

Weird, good to know for next time. My first good ancient in the season was a hellfire amulet with the right skill roll

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I haven't played in quite a while but picked it back up the other day. I'm 70 and doing some rifts, don't have enough equipment for any one build or anything yet.

Besides rifts, is there anything else I should be doing? Some useful quests that get you gear or anything?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Combo posted:

I haven't played in quite a while but picked it back up the other day. I'm 70 and doing some rifts, don't have enough equipment for any one build or anything yet.

Besides rifts, is there anything else I should be doing? Some useful quests that get you gear or anything?

Weekly challenge rifts for reforge materials are always good. Look at the season journey tracker (shift + j I think) and completing the first 4 steps gives you a seasonal set of gear for your character. That should get you up and running quickly.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RTM posted:

If this is still your build, drop the crown and pick up a Pride's Fall off of a bounty cache, you'll basically have infinite free teleports with aether walker. At that point I'd honestly also drop Cosmic Strand; when teleport is basically free and you have the Aether Walker, Wormhole still triggers a short CD (or delays the GCD? whatever) on Teleport that's just long enough to be irritating if you time it wrong and get the dreaded "I can't do that".

I'd probably replace it with a Wand of Woh and work an instant Explosive Blast into the build personally, but ymmv. The staff that grants random shrine buffs might be a contender too

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 20, 2019

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

Weekly challenge rifts for reforge materials are always good. Look at the season journey tracker (shift + j I think) and completing the first 4 steps gives you a seasonal set of gear for your character. That should get you up and running quickly.

Awesome, thanks. So much new poo poo since the last time I played.

There's a book that IDs everything in your inventory at once now, what the gently caress! Some nice QOL stuff.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Combo posted:

Awesome, thanks. So much new poo poo since the last time I played.

There's a book that IDs everything in your inventory at once now, what the gently caress! Some nice QOL stuff.

Check OP, click the Wolfcryer guide and watch any video on a topic or mechanic you don't recognize/remember.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
My Marauder DH can survive in T15 and has the killing power to kill normal enemies, by spamming almost-completely-cost-free Cluster Arrow, but my killing power against Elites, Minions, and Goblins needs work. I'm not sure what my best move is, or if I just need to get better rolls or something.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
The armoury link doesn't make a lot of sense. Are you using a RoRG and it is just not showing up? I kind of guess so since I don't think 4 piece by itself could do T15 at all though I guess maybe the 400% bonus is enough to kill regulars? You definitely need the 6 piece bonus in any case.

You don't have Vengeance at all on your bars, you don't need a cindercoat to reduce the cost of the spell when you have Vengeance gaining it back for you using the seethe rune. A hellcat waistguard is also mandatory considering you are throwing grenades and using loaded for bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

My Marauder DH can survive in T15 and has the killing power to kill normal enemies, by spamming almost-completely-cost-free Cluster Arrow, but my killing power against Elites, Minions, and Goblins needs work. I'm not sure what my best move is, or if I just need to get better rolls or something.
Itemization:
  • Pride's Fall and Cindercoat are excessive for your current build. Wear normal 6-set to free up your Cube's armor and ring slot.
  • Hellcat Waistguard is a big deal for all the grenades your spamming
  • Getting a good Manticore so you can run Dawn in your cube should also be a priority. Vengeance gives more damage and resource regeneration/damage resist depending on rune. (37% character sheet Cooldown Reduction for permanent up time with Dawn.)
  • Amulet with some orange text (The craftable Hellfire Amulet is good and easy to farm.)
  • Once you get these online you'll probably want to farm your rings into Focus & Restraint for another damage multiplier.
As a side note you could also temporarily pivot into Marauder's Multishot with a Dead Man's Legacy in the cube. This will probably speed up your Rift clears while you farm.

For gear stats:
  • Weapon doesn't have a socket. Use a Ramaladni's Gift if available or reroll vitality into a socket. Put the biggest emerald you can craft in their. (Socket can later be rerolled into something usefull if a Gift is found.)
  • Bracers are ripe for rerolling armor into Elemental % Damage.
  • Amulet is Cold % Damage while your spender is Fire. (The turrets are shooting copies of your spender so disregard their element.)
  • Missing sockets on rings. Legendary Gems go here.
  • Missing socket on helm. (Diamond for Vengeance build with Dawn or topaz to make up for me taking away more than half your Resource Cost Reduction.)
  • Rerolling the dead/least useful stats. My recommended rerolls: Shoulder's Life per Second, Glove's Vitality, Boot's Movement Speed (Paragon Movement Speed reaches your internal 25% cap), Pant's & Belt's Skill Damage.
  • Diamond's in your Torso & Legs slots aren't wrong if you need the toughness but with all the Damage Resist % you're running I can't recommend. Emeralds go here.
Skill Choice:
  • Most meta builds use Evasive Fire Hardened as their generator for the extra toughness.
  • Marked for Death is a 15% damage multiplier. Vengeance is 40% in addition to rune choice.
  • Ballistics Passive is wasted on this build. Grenadier, Steady Aim or Ambush are recommended in that order.(Hellfire Amulet can grab you a second one. Swap Awareness to get a third.)
Honestly, getting the Hellcat belt in your cube and completing my gear stats list should get TXV on easy farm. When in doubt, "make the big number go up." lol Except resource cost reduction. That's way overkill 64%+30%+30%+50% not counting reduced returns.

Hope this helps.

Kaustik fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 24, 2019