Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Religion is trash. Americans are way too religious

Is it because your country is so awful that your people need a support system, a greater belief in something else?

Come to Sweden and be free of religious insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Less than 20% of Swedes believe in any religion

Why?

Because gods are not real like cmon how does modern man still believe in deities??

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this is some un-blessed posting

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Everything I've heard about them tells me the Quakers are good folks and often get up to some definitely :blessed: stuff. The poster Collapsing Farts, not much so. P. fitting username tho'

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

gods are not real like cmon how does modern man still believe in deities??

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Memento posted:

Uhh, yeah, it's "the woman who helped Jeffrey Epstein groom and abuse children"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadia_Marcinko

incredibly unblessed

uh

FOOD IN THE COCKPIT

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Collapsing Farts posted:

Less than 20% of Swedes believe in any religion

Why?

Because gods are not real like cmon how does modern man still believe in deities??

Ok, sure. But have you seen what Sweden does with pizza?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

my dog died im sad posted:

What do you think killed their belief in God?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

my dog died im sad posted:

Blessed things :mmmhmm:

E: conflating belief and religion is cursed tho

Ee: not that it isn't extremely common to believe in religion(s) instead of gods but what can you do except destroy all religion :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 18, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It might get hotter and melt some icy bois, raising the sea level over hundreds of years? BULLSHIT!

A burning bush that talks and is all "Kill your son, you stupid bitches that got smart from a snake selling forbidden groceries"? Yeah, legit, checks out.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Blessed things :mmmhmm:

E: conflating belief and religion is cursed tho

Ee: not that it isn't extremely common to believe in religion(s) instead of gods but what can you do except destroy all religion :shrug:

Religious people always get pissed at atheists because their gods aren’t real and require belief so atheists are killing imaginary gods in imagination land by not believing in them and that makes people sad when they have spent their whole life imagining a god that only exists because they believe in it. Like people gotta put effort into religion to make their gods exist.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Riatsala posted:

Well, I'm glad *someone* has heard this because most people seem to take me for a 17th century puritan.

That and "Society of Friends" sounds like a suicide cult so I really can't win.

As someone who grew up Quaker, I can’t say that we were goaded into suicide. Most of our Sunday mornings were spent in song, silent prayer and occasionally having a member speak their mind, usually tying our principles into modern issues.

Our cornerstones: an egalitarian clergy, no pastors no priests no homily no stained glass no damnation
Men and women ( we have likely incorporated our gender non conforming friends, it’s just been a while since I’ve been) are on equal footing within the church community
Non violence
Charity
Acting conscientiously

And literally never quoting or having biblical readings, I poo poo you not. Not once the entire time.

I’ve also been to friends churches, synagogues as a kid and immediately determined that Quakerism is barely an organized religion in comparison.

Feel free to ask Quaker questions, but for now, Quakerism is pretty blessed in hellworld 2019

shut up netface fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jun 18, 2019

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Broadly speaking, what's the official Quaker take on gay/LGBTQ in general and gay marriage?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wow, it's like I'm in 2004 again. Maybe this time I can score on my graduation night.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

Broadly speaking, what's the official Quaker take on gay/LGBTQ in general and gay marriage?

Not even an issue, never came up, never heard anyone even refer to anyone of the lgbt community as an other when I went in the 90s. It seemed like the common consensus was “there are gay people in our religion, and that’s ok”

As of now I think there’s been a harder push into making our acceptance of the lgbt community, but I don’t recall anyone discussing marriage at that time, then again I was barely 13.

I do remember a much younger boy in my Sunday School (basically guided free play and light discussion) who played with dolls he brought (I honestly think they didn’t have that many gendered toys, or specified roles) and was allowed to play free the entire time.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sounds good to me.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

shut up netface posted:

As someone who grew up Quaker, I can’t say that we were goaded into suicide. Most of our Sunday mornings were spent in song, silent prayer and occasionally having a member speak their mind, usually tying our principles into modern issues.

Oh lol that reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3CYix9PoeQ

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

shut up netface posted:

Our cornerstones: an egalitarian clergy, no pastors no priests no homily no stained glass no damnation
Men and women ( we have likely incorporated our gender non conforming friends, it’s just been a while since I’ve been) are on equal footing within the church community
Non violence
Charity
Acting conscientiously

And literally never quoting or having biblical readings, I poo poo you not. Not once the entire time.

I’ve also been to friends churches, synagogues as a kid and immediately determined that Quakerism is barely an organized religion in comparison.

Feel free to ask Quaker questions, but for now, Quakerism is pretty blessed in hellworld 2019

Did they ever teach you to rocket jump?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Blessed for the blessed god: last week I was pretty sure one of my dogs was close to dead or dying because literally overnight they went from normal to stiff, hot to the touch, completely unresponsive (he'd open his eyes halfway but only stare straight ahead) and listless, and couldn't stand or move on his own. He also wasn't eating anything for two and a half days, and could only drink water and chicken broth from a syringe.

This was after I carried him to his bed. Still totally unresponsive.

Cheese, one of his favorite things in the whole universe, sits propped against his face, untouched for the entire day. I ended up throwing it out.

After the vet ER visit. He was feeling slightly better and could stand for short periods, but only if I helped him to his feet.

Luckily, he's making a full recovery and is getting back to his sassy, bratty self. I'd never been so happy to hear him bark at a stranger before haha

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Hyperlynx posted:

Did they ever teach you to rocket jump?

thats day 1 poo poo, git gud.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Blessed for the blessed god

Get well pupper

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It might get hotter and melt some icy bois, raising the sea level over hundreds of years? BULLSHIT!

A burning bush that talks and is all "Kill your son, you stupid bitches that got smart from a snake selling forbidden groceries"? Yeah, legit, checks out.

https://youtu.be/4f7e2Xcgu1I

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Awww, poor pup. Glad he's feeling better.

Re: Quakers, my understanding is that (as previously mentioned) they don't prescribe to the idea of religion being hierarchical at all. Every single person is holy and has "the light" within them. So there's no big bad god watching us poop and judging us for what we say and do, because we are all the embodiment of god, and our lives (and poops) are divine.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
stfu about religion please.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blessed for the blessed god: last week I was pretty sure one of my dogs was close to dead or dying because literally overnight they went from normal to stiff, hot to the touch, completely unresponsive (he'd open his eyes halfway but only stare straight ahead) and listless, and couldn't stand or move on his own. He also wasn't eating anything for two and a half days, and could only drink water and chicken broth from a syringe.

This was after I carried him to his bed. Still totally unresponsive.

Cheese, one of his favorite things in the whole universe, sits propped against his face, untouched for the entire day. I ended up throwing it out.

After the vet ER visit. He was feeling slightly better and could stand for short periods, but only if I helped him to his feet.

Luckily, he's making a full recovery and is getting back to his sassy, bratty self. I'd never been so happy to hear him bark at a stranger before haha

Ultra-Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNA0owbJb2g

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Just curious, what ended up being wrong with him? If you don't wanna say thats okay too. Your dog looks like he's cool.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Look at this old rear end turtle and all the future ninja turtles she had. Good for here that that there's people who'll feed and take care of them for her.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Those turtles will live long enough to witness the end of human civilization.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't post curses in the blessed thread! :mad:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

lol if you don't think the fall of man is blessed

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

McGavin posted:

Don't post curses in the blessed thread! :mad:

It will be blessed from the baby turtles perspective.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just curious, what ended up being wrong with him? If you don't wanna say thats okay too. Your dog looks like he's cool.

Thanks! He's the best. The doctor found signs of inflammation around the pancreas, so almost certainly pancreatitis was the cause. They also found a 3cm by 4cm mass in his liver, though they're not sure if it contributed, or if it's benign. Gonna get that checked out next.

e: lol, after I got home and fed them dinner he was apparently feeling good enough to check his sister's bowl for any uneaten soft food. I think he's gonna be back to 100% before the end of the week

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 19, 2019

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

mind the walrus posted:

lol if you don't think the fall of man is blessed

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

So will you.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
e: someone else made my joke but better :(

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Thanks! He's the best. The doctor found signs of inflammation around the pancreas, so almost certainly pancreatitis was the cause. They also found a 3cm by 4cm mass in his liver, though they're not sure if it contributed, or if it's benign. Gonna get that checked out next.

e: lol, after I got home and fed them dinner he was apparently feeling good enough to check his sister's bowl for any uneaten soft food. I think he's gonna be back to 100% before the end of the week

:kimchi:

Edit:

Blessed-dog-based content:

Maybellene is a sweet lil cuddle monster :3;

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 19, 2019

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Rolls up blessed dogs sleaves

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

lookslike someone's never taken acid

TheToxicEuphoria
Feb 26, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

lookslike someone's never taken acid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012