Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy

InterrupterJones posted:

I can see it now: Angels and Demons by dan BRoWn

There’s a lot of very playable angels right now that this digs very far to get. The problem is how badly small Teferi fucks all the angels over.

Riversideblues fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/day9tv/status/1141005146773524480

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Remember, Scapeshift is still legal alongside this for three months.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

This is what you are going to be getting in your pre-release packs.

Jabor posted:

That is a lot of hoops to jump through to get a few zombies.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Jabor posted:

I would be flummoxed if this made any significant impact in Standard. Zombie Token EDH, on the other hand...

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Jabor posted:

This is so cool. I believe it works just like scapeshift Valakut, 6 other unique lands + this would get you 7 triggers.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

jassi007 posted:

This is so cool. I believe it works just like scapeshift Valakut, 6 other unique lands + this would get you 7 triggers.

Yup.

Perhaps more relevantly, 6 other unique lands + 2 of these gives you 16 triggers (and 32 power on the battlefield).

I'm not sure it's gonna be good, but if you're into janky combo decks it's something to think about.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Jabor posted:

Yup.

Perhaps more relevantly, 6 other unique lands + 2 of these gives you 16 triggers (and 32 power on the battlefield).

I'm not sure it's gonna be good, but if you're into janky combo decks it's something to think about.

I'm thinking of loving with a modern scapeshift shell just to jam 1 or 2 for fun. I doubt it makes the deck better, but it sounds fun to make zombies when they expect to be dealing with Valakut. One thing people generally do not side in against scapeshift is sweepers.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Yawgmoth posted:

It'll be called Knowledge Cycle and be a sorcery.

Thanks to Time Raveler that wouldn't be an issue.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

jassi007 posted:

I'm thinking of loving with a modern scapeshift shell just to jam 1 or 2 for fun. I doubt it makes the deck better, but it sounds fun to make zombies when they expect to be dealing with Valakut. One thing people generally do not side in against scapeshift is sweepers.

The lands all need to have different names. I'm not sure that Scapeshift runs seven different types of lands, though maybe that list can be adjusted. Seems like a lot of work though.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
No, dammit, I want a Cycle cycle!
This makes me so mad because there's roughly a dozen ways this card could have been printed to be at least playable in limited, or some gimmick tier 2 standard deck, but no. They have to make it loving unplayable trash for every format.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Need to start getting my rares and mythics in a digital collection for trading, pricing, and deck building.

Is deckbox still the preferred site for this? Or is there a better app/site now?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

This makes me so mad because there's roughly a dozen ways this card could have been printed to be at least playable in limited, or some gimmick tier 2 standard deck, but no. They have to make it loving unplayable trash for every format.

Seems perfectly playable in EDH where every land is a single copy.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Yawgmoth posted:

not sure why it needs to enter tapped lawl, are they that afraid of printing a strictly better wastes?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
What about this card is so powerful that it has to come into play tapped?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The American Dream posted:

Free 2/2 on turn 7?

:negative:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Yawgmoth posted:

its not clear to me that removing the text "with different names" would have made it too strong

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

evilweasel posted:

not sure why it needs to enter tapped lawl, are they that afraid of printing a strictly better wastes?

Wastes being a basic means its not strictly better.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

C-Euro posted:

The lands all need to have different names. I'm not sure that Scapeshift runs seven different types of lands, though maybe that list can be adjusted. Seems like a lot of work though.

Agree a lot of work for the payoff, but again I'm just talking about loving around at FNM.

Snow-Coverd Forest
Snow-Covered Mountain
Mountain
Forest
Valakut
Wooded Foothills
Windswepth Heath
Stomping Ground
Cinderglade
Sheltered Thicket
Field of the Dead

Alaan
May 24, 2005

It would be a neat limited card at least. Small hit to Mana but every land drop part 6 is a grizzly bear.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Alaan posted:

It would be a neat limited card at least. Small hit to Mana but every land drop part 6 is a grizzly bear.

You think you can draft and play 7 different land types and have a real deck in limited?

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

The American Dream posted:

It's tradition. Reference: Army of the Damned, Empty The Pits, From Under The Floorboards, Rise from the Tides, Necromancer's Stockpile, Graveyard Marshal, Xathrid Necromancer, etc.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Time posted:

You think you can draft and play 7 different land types and have a real deck in limited?

I was responding to the if it didn't have unique clause. Just lands 7+ give token.

This is as last pick a card as has been printed.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Time posted:

I think we're talking about the hypothetical version without the "different names" bit. That would be a good limited card and potentially a very good constructed card (remember when Mutavault was legal and control decks played it as a win-con? yeah.)

The "different names" bit probably limits it to EDH and people who want to live the Scapeshift dream in Standard.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Alaan posted:

I was responding to the if it didn't have unique clause. Just lands 7+ give token.

This is as last pick a card as has been printed.

Oh, yeah. It would be good then

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

This doesn't seem like a rare to me.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I can't tell if this is a storytelling top-down design that I just can't suss out the story of, or a lovely rare they tagged a 1/1 on at the last minute so at least it isn't a 7-mana exile.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

oof. Doesn't take many of these to make a set go downhill in a hurry.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

This could actually be like 6 power with all the loving spirit lords, lol. I don’t think it makes the cut anyway but it’s interesting

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Idk that seems fine in Spirits? Not top of the line but hey it’s actually a spirit that kills things

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Idk that seems fine in Spirits? Not top of the line but hey it’s actually a spirit that kills things

being "not top of the line" is a dealbreaker when you would have to make room for it by cutting a card that actually is top of the line. constructed decks don't have infinite space

if you need creatures dead you should be playing path instead of something that requires a 7 mana investment

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 18, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BizarroAzrael posted:

This doesn't seem like a rare to me.

It'd be a very powerful uncommon.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Why couldn't this just be Twilight Drover?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also how many creature Spirits actually make a second body when they come into play cheaply?

I think that aspect is being seriously undervalued when it lets your 1 drop spirit punch in for 3 off of a Collected Company and makes your lords twice as effective.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

A two-turn, 7 mana removal spell that can't even chump block effectively. Great job team.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Huxley posted:

I can't tell if this is a storytelling top-down design that I just can't suss out the story of, or a lovely rare they tagged a 1/1 on at the last minute so at least it isn't a 7-mana exile.

the story is pretty self-contained, it's a ghost whose unfinished business is to execute someone. the second spirit is someone he hanged in his first life, i guess

probably one of those cards that started out decent, then they got scared it was too easy to abuse so they tacked a bunch of extra mana onto the costs

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also how many creature Spirits actually make a second body when they come into play cheaply?

I think that aspect is being seriously undervalued when it lets your 1 drop spirit punch in for 3 off of a Collected Company and makes your lords twice as effective.

Nobody wants this card in their constructed deck, especially in formats where you can cast collected company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Yeah it's a sort of wind Drake for limited that can nuke something later if need be. Probably strong limited card even if not a bomb