Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

chitoryu12 posted:

TIFU by teaching middle schoolers the art of "The Cycle" so now they know how to fart on command.

The art of farting.
F-art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Motherfucker posted:

Pretty sure anyone who gets tats is lessening their monetary gain and the dude who actually did the deed didn't show up to the shop.

lmao jesus christ

Are you actually a sixty year old that hasn't left your house since you were in your twenties or are you just a moron or like what

No, idiot, tattoos don't matter much to interviewers these days, and stealing art is still bad. You're coming at this from the "duhhhh why stealing from people bad???" perspective to an incomprehensible degree. Like, what do you do for a living?

chitoryu12 posted:

TIFU by not hiding my sex bag

how old are these people

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Blade Runner posted:

lmao jesus christ

Are you actually a sixty year old that hasn't left your house since you were in your twenties or are you just a moron or like what

No, idiot, tattoos don't matter much to interviewers these days, and stealing art is still bad. You're coming at this from the "duhhhh why stealing from people bad???" perspective to an incomprehensible degree. Like, what do you do for a living?

I shitpost online to hide my disgusting face since I got a picture of a turned off monitor on my forehead.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Giving a poo poo about tattoos is a ridiculous old people thing. I was the Manager at my last job and every employee had tattoos and I can comfortably estimate over 3/4 of our clients had visible tattoos.The owner was a 60 year old Hungarian woman who insisted that they lacked class and made the business look trashy and asked us to wear sleeves and long pants.

Also some people have this weird "all tattoos are bad" opinion that almost certainly comes from not getting laid enough in High School and College. Seriously imagine being under 35 and giving a poo poo what people do with their bodies, just insane LMAO at that.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Guildencrantz posted:

TIFU by revealing my DDLG kink to my mom via texting a photo of my cat
Thanks to that bug eating post, I'm reading DDLG as daddy long legs. I know it's missing letters.

Also, the bug eating OP admitted it was fake :(.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kimbo305 posted:

Thank god.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Blade Runner posted:

lmao jesus christ

they'll still really gently caress up your prospects for getting fulltime at the Walgreens, not everyone is looking at the same job market man

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

My career as a smurf took the gently caress off when I got a tattoo on my eyelid of jared leto

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

AITA for making my son homeless?

quote:

This is a throwaway account as I'm fairly sure my son uses Reddit

Backstory: Me [53/m] and my wife [49/f] made the tough decision to kick out our adult son [25/m]. This is not without reason, and we have given him multiple notices and enough time to sort things out and save money, find an apartment, devise a budget, and figure out what he wants to do. He went to a local college as soon as he finished high school, but dropped out after 2.5 years after switching his major three times: from graphic design, to accounting, to biology. After dropping out, he worked at a local deli department for about two years until he was fired. Our son has ADD, but is otherwise incredibly bright and friendly. At times he gets overloaded and has had many incidents of not properly filling out customer orders or being too slow. Me and my wife sympathized and encouraged him to look for something else. This was three years ago, and our son has not worked at all. He has not put even the slightest bit of effort into finding a job or returning to school. He has become overweight and spends all his time in front of the computer or playing video games. It got to a point where I had to sit him down and explain that he needs to look for a job, because me and my wife are planning on downsizing to a smaller house and will be unable to support him. He never took our conversations seriously. My wife would talk to him several times a week about job applications, only for him to go "Oh, mom..." and ignore her. I've sat him down, and tried to reason with him. I was willing to give him a few years to save up money so he would have a safety net to fall back on, but still nothing. He claims to suffer from depression, and while I can see that, I felt that it would be better for him to try and face the world head on. He's seen psychiatrists, has been on multiple medications, and will need his own insurance next year. I became so frustrated with him that I finally felt enough was enough. I woke him up, packed his bags, and drove him to a homeless shelter. I told him that he needs to find a job, and that me and his mom would not let him back into the house until he has one. I gave him all the essentials: razors for shaving, soap, deodorant, toothbrush kit, and etc. I kept his belongings in storage and would unpack them if he came home.

It has been over a month, and we hadn't heard from him or seen him. He has no friends that we know of, so we thought it was unlikely that he would be staying with anyone. I then receive a call from of our neighbors, who then told me they saw our son, with a scraggly beard and unkempt hair, walking around aimlessly near a shopping center, before hunching himself over beside a building. I cannot believe what I heard. I drove back up there to check if he was still there, but I couldn't find him. He has no phone or means for us to contact him. I am now feeling extremely worried that this was not a good decision. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Tythas posted:

oof. I dunno what to think. On the one hand my goon heart goes out to the depressed sadsack but on the other, he was warned and at 25 its completely reasonable to be get kicked out of the nest.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 18, 2019

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Guildencrantz posted:

TIFU by revealing my DDLG kink to my mom via texting a photo of my cat

:barf:

Please stop having this kink, thanks.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

AITA for wishing my friend (24F) didn’t follow my partner (23M) and I (27F) to live in a tropical island because she’s making our time here a bit poo poo?

quote:

So I have this friend (let’s call her Amy). We’ve been friends for a couple of years through uni and work. She is fun and positive and I considered her a good friend.

To cut a long story short, I got offered a job teaching in the Pacific Islands as a teacher. Of course I accepted the job and told my family and friends - including Amy. All my friends joked about coming too and I always said “yes please come too!” knowing no one would. However Amy took it literally and then within the next hour she had sent her CV out to a bunch of schools - including the one I got offered a job at and then got a job there too. I was upset at first, and probably still am. This was a unique experience that I’d always dreamed of and I kinda wanted to keep it for myself. Selfish as that sounds but I worked my rear end off and out myself out there for this job.

Fast forward to now and because the school pays for our accommodation, we three are living in a small apartment and me and Amy are working at the school. After three months here instead of being a nice and fun friend she now purposely excludes me from things she knows I would enjoy doing e.g. she has been playing my favourite sport without telling me so I wouldn’t try to join the team, she makes little digs at me constantly at home, she is super loud around the house and is always rushing around - she is a very intense energy to be around (my partner and I are super calm and quiet people). She’s also rude and demanding to the principal at work which is super embarrassing.

Today after work I was so tired and excited to go straight to bed for a nap and I walked inside the house and she had a group of our colleagues around. They were all laughing, eating snacks and making cocktails. I got so upset that 1. I was so tired and I had to deal with people in my private space while feeling like that, and 2. I wasn’t invited to the party. I went to my room and shut the door and they all started whispering and laughing and ran upstairs.

It breaks my heart that I essentially invited her to come with us and she’s just making me upset or angry so much of the time.

Am I being selfish or over the top? AITA for wanting to tell her she needs to remember she followed us here so she needs to start treating us with more respect?

TLDR; A friend followed my bf and I to a new country for a job and lives with us. Now she’s making our time here a bit poo poo.

UPDATE: AITA for wishing my (27F) friend (23F) didn’t move to a tropical island with my bf (24M) and I because she’s making our time here a bit poo poo?

quote:

So it has been 6 weeks since my last post and a lot has changed! The general consensus from people on here was that everyone sucked in the situation, and the best thing to do would be to find a new place.

After the initial annoyance of realising we would have to find a new place I contacted my employer to ask if my bf and I could move to a new place since they pay for our accommodation, citing some unelaborated ‘challenges’ as being reason for moving.

However my bf and I were away for a week when I sent the email, and my employer ended up telling Amy we were wanting to move out before we had the chance. I received a message from my Amy and apologised for not telling her and we spoke to her about it when we were back. My bf and I didn’t go into any detail with her about why we were leaving due to the fact that we work together, but also in past observations of her she doesn’t take ownership for her behaviour and can’t admit when she’s wrong.

Now my bf and I are living on our own in a really nice, modern studio apartment that has sea views and we can hear the ocean from our room. So peaceful. I am also now realising our relationship was on the brink before we moved out on our own due to my anger and the lack of privacy. Now I’m the happiest I’ve been in our relationship.

As well as this since my original post, a few weeks ago I contacted a good friend/ex flatmate of Amy with my concerns about her. This friend then told me she was treated in exactly the same way by Amy, and feels mentally more positive knowing it is Amy who is the problem. Also (and the reason I posted this today) my boss came to me this afternoon and brought up a huge raft of concerns she is having about Amy as an employee. My boss said she’s always in the office demanding things, she is pushy, expects a lot from them, isn’t doing her job tasks properly and asks to leave work early because she apparently has no work to do - while the rest of us leave late trying to keep up with all the work.

Since having some space and now speaking to other people about Amy, I am realising she’s not someone I can consider a true friend. However I will remain polite to her while I have to be around her still.

Thanks to everyone who made me realise this wasn’t a good situation to be in and suggested we move out. We are so much happier now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tythas posted:

Holy goddamn.

I've known one woman who kicked her adult daughter out for being useless. She took years to graduate high school late because she just refused to do any work and spent all her time out of school not working, not even helping around the house. Just the most extreme entitled laziness possible. She would bitch and moan any time she had to do any effort to take care of herself or do anything more than sit around watching TV; we tried to give her some work hauling cardboard boxes out of a conex container and she actually called her mom crying and asking her to pick her up because it was too hard after 4 hours. Finally she had enough and kicked her out for refusing to improve or do anything.

She still goes around insisting that her mom kicked her out for being gay, which she didn't even know her daughter was at the time. She didn't come out until after she had to move in with someone else.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tythas posted:

way to gently caress up, you waited too long and the Army won't take him now

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Tythas posted:

Whatever happened to that dude a couple years ago who was in the news for being evicted by his parents? also IIRC he was also not paying his child support. and buying swords? I dunno i might be mixing a few things up

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Odd posted:

Whatever happened to that dude a couple years ago who was in the news for being evicted by his parents? also IIRC he was also not paying his child support. and buying swords? I dunno i might be mixing a few things up

He's failing at blogging!

He also might be going to jail!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Odd posted:

you're going to have to narrow it down a bit

lmao the comments section of that one is absolutely packed with large adult sons absolutely outraged that a NEET could simply be evicted even though he really didn't feel like helping himself in any way

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

way to gently caress up, you waited too long and the Army won't take him now

lol what? The army will absolutely take a 25 year old. Why do you think they wouldn't?

Blatzmobile
Nov 1, 2012

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm [M/22] and listening to "dancing queen" by ABBA made me really depressed about my life, age and girls.I'm also in love with this girl [18/F] from okcupid who thinks im a stalker.

LOL! Needing to google "dancing queen lyric meanings " interpretations like it's a Dylan song.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

at this rate they're going to need a special garbage truck so you can just haul your neet out onto the curb and leave them there for pick up

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

AITA for telling my girlfriend that she's wearing too much make up

quote:

The girl I've been dating for a few months is 18 and wears foundation, blusher and fills in her eyebrows and eyelashes. She knows I don't like it when she wears all of this at once but I'm not controlling and I'll only tell her if it looks bad or something, and that's because I don't want her to feel bad about how she looks.

We met to go into town the other day and she kept asking me to take my hat off. She eventually said it made her feel embarrassed and literally said that it's silly for a 23 year old man to be wearing a neon purple hat saying 'pierce the veil' on it (a band). She said that I should have already grown out of this phase, which I found very insulting as the hat is a way of expressing my identity. So I just said nothing, calmy looked her in the eye and said 'well your make up is over done'. She was quiet for a minute then told me I was being an immature rear end in a top hat, and that it's normal for her to wear 'subtle make up' but not normal for me to wear my hat. We haven't really spoke since and she's clearly annoyed, but I think I was pointing out a very clear double standard, so if I'm an rear end in a top hat then she's an rear end in a top hat as well. But it's over to yoh reddit, AITA?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Tythas posted:

Yes, quite shocking that the son didn't just "face the world head on" out of his depression. Just like driving him to the homeless shelter wasn't a wake up call that this dude really honestly thought it would be but rather it just made the son homeless. He didn't need a psychiatrist because pills wouldn't cure the psychological issues, he needed a psychotherapist. Who knows what the underlying issue really was as this guy doesn't go into the upbringing part at all, what he wrote reads totally psychologically clueless. It's a loving tragic story but one that is sadly really often the cause of people becoming homeless.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Palpek posted:

Yes, quite shocking that the son didn't just "face the world head on" out of his depression. Just like driving him to the homeless shelter wasn't a wake up call that this dude really honestly thought it would be but rather it just made the son homeless. He didn't need a psychiatrist because pills wouldn't cure the psychological issues, he needed a psychotherapist. Who knows what the underlying issue really was as this guy doesn't go into the upbringing part at all, what he wrote reads totally psychologically clueless. It's a loving tragic story but one that is sadly really often the cause of people becoming homeless.

if your fat adult son can't even muster the energy to stop you rolling him onto the curb I don't think they can be therapized unless there's a special course for interpreting the groans caused by fat pressing down on the lungs.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Motherfucker posted:

oof. I dunno what to think. On the one hand my goon heart goes out to the depressed sadsack but on the other, he was warned and at 25 its completely reasonable to be get kicked out of the nest.

That definitely could have been handled better. Instead of spending 3 years just telling him to get a job then full-on kicking him out, you coulda moved him into a lovely efficiency apartment at the 2-year mark, paid the first 3-6 months of rent, and let him know he was on his own after that. Kinda hard to get a job from being full-on homeless. (Unless he accidentally stumbles into an Army recruiter low on their quota.)

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

kimbo305 posted:

Thank gently caress for that. It was the only thing I've ever read that made me physically gag and the fact that it was fiction makes the world a brighter place.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

homeless people, well known for being able to get jobs with zero trouble

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

That definitely could have been handled better. Instead of spending 3 years just telling him to get a job then full-on kicking him out, you coulda moved him into a lovely efficiency apartment at the 2-year mark, paid the first 3-6 months of rent, and let him know he was on his own after that. Kinda hard to get a job from being full-on homeless. (Unless he accidentally stumbles into an Army recruiter low on their quota.)

They need a special suit they can put him in that has space for the dad so he can slip in behind him and kinda weekend at bernies him around his entire life while hes just not feelin' it.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Uh yea, he clearly has one or multiple mental illnesses, let's make him homeless. That will straighten him out.

I hope this guy survives his parents, but probably not. gently caress these poo poo boomers.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

TIFU by teaching middle schoolers the art of "The Cycle" so now they know how to fart on command.

i'm staggered by the power of this fifth grader who was able to Fart so Powerfully He Destroyed His Own Birthday

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

lol what? The army will absolutely take a 25 year old. Why do you think they wouldn't?

they're taking 25-year-olds but since we got out of Iraq I'm p sure they've stopped taking this kind of 25-year-old

Palpek posted:

hard disagree this is obvs the motivation the kid needs to bootstraps himself into becoming a millionaire CEO, in ten years' time he'll look back on this from his penthouse suite and thank his good ol' dad for teaching him Personal Responsibility only 15 years too late

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

if your fat adult son can't even muster the energy to stop you rolling him onto the curb I don't think they can be therapized unless there's a special course for interpreting the groans caused by fat pressing down on the lungs.

Depression is a mental illness. You can't will yourself or snap out of it. I've seen extreme cases where people have been to therapy and inpatient and done the medication roulette for 20+ years with minimal improvement. And this person desperately wanted to get better.

Sometimes nothing helps. Sometimes you have a lovely or ignorant support system that hinders or enables more than helps.

You wouldn't drop someone with broken pelvis at the homeless shelter because they're not pulling their weight or earning a living.

Instead of focusing on how their kid wasn't achieving the proper milestones for their age, they should have been pushing him to focus on his mental health instead and taken him to a depression center or mental health facility instead of a homeless shelter.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Motherfucker posted:

No, that's what real depression looks like. His chance was getting into psychotherapy earlier while looking for a drug that would work. Also still it was a chance, not a guarantee. His parents were too ignorant to get it which is understandable sometimes.

Also I get that your gimmick is to be the dumbest rear end in a top hat on a page but the trash that you write here lately is really dire. This entire page of your posts is loving trash that SA should take out for a garbage truck to collect.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Tythas posted:

How much support are you supposed to give people like this before they start to drag you down with them? I know more than a few people who fit this mold and the truth is that on my days off, I see them logged on to World of Warcraft or they are playing smite or whatever. It just seems like the absolute minimum effort would be to go get a lovely retail job or something, anything to pay the bills. I feel bad for their parents but the truth is that sometimes the social security net is helping too much financially, and it can take months before you can see a therapist in the UK. Depression is absolutely a disease but it is one where unfortunately, the first step has to be taken for any hope of recovery. No one recovers from depression by being enabled to wallow at home.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

maybe the first step is "we found you this basement studio apartment, that's where you live now" instead of just straight to the homeless shelter but idk

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They could not have handled their son worse. Why did he go off medication? How was he supposed to even apply for jobs without a fixed address or a phone number?

The dad seems to have it in his head that his son just needed a big dose of the real world to make a man of him, and that he'd just show up a few months later at their doorstep in a three piece suit as a Randian superman of business.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cumshitter posted:

They could not have handled their son worse. Why did he go off medication? How was he supposed to even apply for jobs without a fixed address or a phone number?

The dad seems to have it in his head that his son just needed a big dose of the real world to make a man of him, and that he'd just show up a few months later at their doorstep in a three piece suit as a Randian superman of business.

i don't understand this post without references to your honkin' doad and cheerful gay adventures

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dude gay so what

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

cumshitter posted:

hey it could still work and as a bonus when he does he'll also hate boomers as much as the rest of the world, his dad will be delighted to see him and be crying tears of joy / pain from getting kicked directly on the balls.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Even if he didn't have mental health issues, there's a billion steps between "doing nothing and let him keep doing nothing" and "dropping him off at the homeless shelter." Like, start by cutting off his internet access and make him pay for internet usage.

Plus I can't say that there are many workplaces that will offer him a job if he has no address or phone. Congrats on dooming your kid with depression and ADD to a life of squalor.

And upon re-reading the story, I had to laugh at OP saying that he used a throwaway account because his son reads reddit. How is he gonna read Reddit without internet, and if he did read it, he would know its you, dingus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

chitoryu12 posted:

TIFU by not making the bed and causing my wife's entire family to panic

I had this exact same thing happen to me last year. My Wife was curled up on the couch, covered in blankets with a pillow over her head. I spent literally an hour looking for her before she finally popped up and asked me to make her something to eat.