Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Listen, you can say that but a) if the lala has a moustache and beard at that point they are basically a dwarf (or I guess literally now) and b) its hard to hit a tiny person.

Edit: well that's certainly a page snipe. I got nothing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Minrad posted:

If you're 390+ on the BRD you should be fine for everything except Ramuh EX, though you might be skirting by on quite a bit of white wind spam from the BLU. I can solo all of those except Ramuh as SMN, though even Ramuh I can get by using SCH.

Shiva and Garuda are the only 2 that need to be on EX, the rest are HM or in Ifrits case, normal mode works too. Learn rate seems to be the same too.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kurieg posted:

I'm trying to get Mimesis Lux for my Summoner because giant gaudy dragon wing book is entirely my jam.

What's the most efficient way to get Sand?

I used red scrip from the weekly deliveries to trade in for blue scrip tokens. Moonstones from gc seals and ink/mist from poetics are easy too, but poetics come in handy for a lot more. I had a ton of beast tribe tokens to buy the unidentified items as well.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Kurieg posted:

I'm trying to get Mimesis Lux for my Summoner because giant gaudy dragon wing book is entirely my jam.

What's the most efficient way to get Sand?

Vilekin farming still works

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Demimateria was dirt cheap when I did my latest Anima a few months ago so I just bought a ton of that.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Minrad posted:

loving hell I can't make up my mind between going back to lalafell, staying roe, or just going viera like originally planned. I play caster/healer 90% of the time so I don't mind the smaller stature, but I just can't take lalafell tanks and melee jobs seriously. Fantasia was a mistake :negative:

Never discount an angry bean-can tank.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I can't take lalas seriously, full stop.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Oxyclean posted:

Yea it owns

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I just realized my character's had red highlights in her hair since the start of Stormblood, by total coincidence. So I'm guess I'm gonna make a thing out of this and go purple for Shadowbringers.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Oxyclean posted:

The fact they walk like they have no knees or elbows really weirds me out

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They’ve got better proportions than Tarutaru at least.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Game is pretty ya'll.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zore posted:

The fact they walk like they have no knees or elbows really weirds me out

Yeah, every time one comes strutting into frame in a cutscene I feel like there needs to be comical trombone music or something. That and the arm flail panic animation has kinda cemented them in my head as kinda comic relief characters (since they frequently are) to the point I can't really take most of the major lala NPCs seriously. Pipin is an exception. But the capitalist lalas in Ul'dah who are usually flanked by Roe bodyguards are like, why don't the bodyguards just punt the lala over the horizon and take his money?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, every time one comes strutting into frame in a cutscene I feel like there needs to be comical trombone music or something. That and the arm flail panic animation has kinda cemented them in my head as kinda comic relief characters (since they frequently are) to the point I can't really take most of the major lala NPCs seriously. Pipin is an exception. But the capitalist lalas in Ul'dah who are usually flanked by Roe bodyguards are like, why don't the bodyguards just punt the lala over the horizon and take his money?

Do you think the Koch Brothers are particularly physically imposing?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They’ve got better proportions than Tarutaru at least.

Don't you EVER talk poo poo about tataru

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Do you think the Koch Brothers are particularly physically imposing?

I imagine they're not 3ft tall with 8ft bodygaurds, in a land of magic and swords.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Martin BadClixx posted:

Don't you EVER talk poo poo about tataru

I think they meant tarutaru from ffxi.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Oh yeah

Woops

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

They could quite literally just grab them with one hand, stuff them in a sack, and then demand ransom. That being said, they also have enough money they could probably pay the ransom, so that sorta resolves itself. Actually now that I think about it there's only really like, 2 lalas that make use of something other than money to actually achieve something: Papashan of the sultanasworn, and pipin, who is pipin. Tataru makes use of money related skills but its close enough.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Also Amazon changed the fat black chocobo promo to purchase price, not list price.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zoig posted:

They could quite literally just grab them with one hand, stuff them in a sack, and then demand ransom. That being said, they also have enough money they could probably pay the ransom, so that sorta resolves itself. Actually now that I think about it there's only really like, 2 lalas that make use of something other than money to actually achieve something: Papashan of the sultanasworn, and pipin, who is pipin. Tataru makes use of money related skills but its close enough.
uhhh Papalymo???

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
Looks like WoW 8.2 comes out on the 25th. What a coincidence.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

What's wow again

I only know ffxiv now

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Nessus posted:

uhhh Papalymo???

I feel entirely justified in forgetting he exists, considering so did the story.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Nessus posted:

uhhh Papalymo???

name one thing Papalymo actually achieved

I'll wait

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

jalapeno_dude posted:

I'll wait

being the namesake of a title that spoiled his fate when baelsar's wall was released

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Zoig posted:

Don't forget Papalymo, Krile, or even Krile's awful coworker from Eureka! There are all of the thaumaturge and black mage quest lalafells, as well as the leader of the botanist guild. There's also the scholar quest guy but even though I like him a lot he's a little ineffectual. Yuyuhase achieves stuff for money which I suppose is a distinction. And, of course, me, who can do anything.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Best use of squeaky voice in the game.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

jalapeno_dude posted:

I'll wait
He was very good at containing calamatous entities such as Lyse and Shinryu

Now they did both get out eventually but he bought us time.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Oxyclean posted:

I can't take MMOs seriously, full stop.

fixed this for me

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Zoig posted:

They could quite literally just grab them with one hand, stuff them in a sack, and then demand ransom.

Yeah and you've killed gods, and they packed your poo poo like it was a lunchbox. Compared to you, what is some random thug going to bring to the table?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Taking your boss hostage is a good way to lose any future bodyguard work

or like, your life

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The smart hypercapitalists only use their second-best lackeys as their personal bodyguards for a reason.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Minrad posted:

Depends on if you're getting poo poo worth desynthing (duh, but BSM isn't really gonna be worth it if you aren't getting lots of weapon drops from, say, primals, for example)

For SB I think the big one was being able to get Stormsap from the alliance raid gear, meaning if you were running it a lot you could potentially make a fortune off a material that was otherwise capped by daily quests. Right now I think you can make a lot from desynthing primal weapons since a lot of the crafting mats from Heavensward and a few SB primals sell for a ton; scales from Nidhogg and Shinryu both go for almost a million very consistently and most of the other mats are up there anywhere from a million to half a million gil as well.

Good chance that prices and demand goes up for Stormblood primal crafting mats if they add glowy versions of their weapons again.

So leveling BSM Desynth will let you get scales and primal items on occasion from desynth? That's pretty cool!

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Martin BadClixx posted:

What's wow again

I only know ffxiv now

Yeah it’s so weird, I was a wow addict for over a decade and there is absolutely nothing enticing about that patch that would make me go back. I love my pink haired catte man samurai too much now :3:

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Lady rogs are the best. Lalafell are the worst.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Whats the Femroe to lalafell conversion ratio

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I made a lalafell and realized how much poo poo I'd have to do.

Is this why saving character appearances is a thing, buy fants and change at will to experience something else for a bit?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Krabboss posted:

Lady rogs are the best. Lalafell are the worst.

Once you go roe, you're above such poo.

Yeah I don't like that it's pronounced that way either we just have to deal.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Something about the idea of 90% of the wow playerbase migrating to ffxiv just gives me this weird happiness. Just imagine....And I have been playing wow since closed beta.