Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I do think part of the issue, especially in football, is that potentially great players risk injury or burning out, by being drafted to a bad team that doesn't have the resources necessary to safeguard them

How many promising college athletes got to watch their dreams die in Cleveland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I think the answer to this is to not have billionaires owning teams and thereby getting to run them badly for decades, we should go 100% to the green bay model

Lmfao green bay is absolutely not a model of success

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

I think the answer to this is to not have billionaires owning teams and thereby getting to run them badly for decades, we should go 100% to the green bay model

This all sounds good, but I'm not ready to admit Green Bay did something right.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leperflesh posted:

it's like the difference between self-diagnosed internet Asperger and an actual psychologist diagnosed Asperger

basically, it means a doctor agreed with your assessment and maybe prescribed something, and also: possibly you shouldn't be put in charge of hundreds of people's lives on a daily basis, although I'm not on board with treating everyone with any kind of depression as being equally [dangerous/likely to engage in self-harm/etc.]

no longer shall i refer to myself with the weak and pathetic adjective of "depressed". im CLINICALLY depressed. bitch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Jesus loving Christ my company is doing mandatory active shooter training next month.

Okay, so most guys are going to go straight for the assault rifles and other big toys, but that's just gonna weigh you down and they'll be worn out by the time they round the first corner. So I'd suggest a good short-mid range SMG like a Vector https://www.evike.com/products/69852/ along with a H&K semi auto pistol https://www.evike.com/products/33407/ and finish it off with a Dan Wesson revolver in case you get cornered: https://www.evike.com/products/43129/. Store the Vector and semi at your desk and just walk around with the snub in your pants and you'll be ready for go time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I will beat up a shooter

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Blitz7x posted:

The guy assigned to create our active shooter workplace training was clandestinely unofficially voted to be "most likely to be an active shooter" so the training never really materialized

What's worse, knowing after your death that they say "oh yeah, he's definitely an active shooter" or "I would've never thought he was an active shooter?"

no matter what you are the active shooter.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

well, reading about it, the packers' shareholder rights are garbage, so that needs fixing too, but generally I love the idea of locals owning voting rights in their team, with no owner permitted to have more than 4% of team ownership, and the team itself existing as a nonprofit, so ownership isn't just a matter of profit-seeking investment.

I'm not suggesting this model guarantees team success: but at the very least, it keeps teams from moving to more profitable markets, provides a means for fans to get rid of terrible GMs etc., and in theory if a whole league was formed of teams like this, you'd no longer have three dozen billionaires and their elected stooge loving up the sport for everyone involved. Also managment/labor relationships should get better?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

also why is everyone an "active" shooter now, isn't that only applicable at the actual time of the shooting? Like it should just be shooter training?

i miss the word "disgruntled" we should bring it back into our workplace shooting vocabulary

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Leperflesh posted:

also why is everyone an "active" shooter now, isn't that only applicable at the actual time of the shooting? Like it should just be shooter training?

I mean as opposed to a hit n run assassination where you duck down and go aw jeez they're gone vs huddled in a closet listening for footsteps

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
An active shooter is someone roaming around looking for more targets

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Kalli posted:

Okay, so most guys are going to go straight for the assault rifles and other big toys, but that's just gonna weigh you down and they'll be worn out by the time they round the first corner. So I'd suggest a good short-mid range SMG like a Vector https://www.evike.com/products/69852/ along with a H&K semi auto pistol https://www.evike.com/products/33407/ and finish it off with a Dan Wesson revolver in case you get cornered: https://www.evike.com/products/43129/. Store the Vector and semi at your desk and just walk around with the snub in your pants and you'll be ready for go time.

lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I skip cardio and leg day so I'm just going to the inactive shooter training.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Have we taken 100 active shooters alive yet?

Do we have a spare island somewhere?

I'm just saying the summer is really lacking for watchable sports.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Spo and anyone else that has any advice:

My dad had an 18 wheeler go into his lane and hit my car last Friday. Thankfully the car isn't too banged up and he only has a muscle strain outside of the psychological damage it has done to him. The 18 wheeler didn't stop and my dad was able to call 911 and give them the trailer license and then they had him pull over and wait for a sheriff to talk to him. We were given the accident report number and waiting for it to be posted on their website so we can view it. I've already called a lawyer and one of the things they asked was if the sheriff's found and pulled the truck over which we have no clue about, they also asked if I had insurance that covered uninsured motorist or underinsured which I do and was like oh well we could go after yours on your dad's behalf. That seemed really shady to me but this firm is highly rated and had great reviews.

I guess my question is, should I call my insurance to go ahead and start getting the car fixed or wait until the police report is viewable and see how a lawyer wants to handle it?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Whew

https://twitter.com/JudyWoodruff/status/1141057941128306690?s=19

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

It's almost inspiring how few fucks Mitch gives about anything. I hope to be so lucky in my senior years.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

your insurance covers your car even when you give someone else permission to drive it, so it's fine to go ahead and have your insurance company pay out for damages; provide the police report/contact info and your insurer will attempt to recover those damages from the other driver

the question of fault is open though, if your father was at fault that still shouldn't affect your own insurance rating since it wasn't you driving the car? spoank can probably verify that, I'm not 100% sure about it, but when my brother got in an accident while driving my truck that's how it worked out (I'm in California, it might differ by state/insurance company)

I'm not sure what you even need your own lawyer for, this is why your insurance company has lawyers on retainer, unless you think your own insurance company might deny the claim on bullshit grounds

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Man imagine thinking you've offset the horrors of slavery by grudgingly allowing "equal rights" and having only 44/45 of the holder of the highest office be white men

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

Man imagine thinking you've offset the horrors of slavery by grudgingly allowing "equal rights" and having only 44/45 of the holder of the highest office be white men

I mean, Catholics were just barely white when JFK was elected.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Intruder posted:

He doesn't think that. He simply does not give a gently caress. He cares about reducing taxes on rich people (by eliminating anything meant to give the poor a leg up in any way), entrenching Republican power by any means necessary, and basically nothing else. He'd obviously be down to strip all black people of voting rights, but any racist views he may hold are probably incidental to that. If they overwhelmingly voted Republican he'd be working on gerrymandering schemes to amplify their votes and ways to improve their access to the polls.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

and also you and your party relentlessly opposed and blocked everything the black president did or tried to do, irrespective of previous party positioning, because he was black and could not be allowed to have a "win" no matter the cost

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SundayMoney posted:

Spo and anyone else that has any advice:

My dad had an 18 wheeler go into his lane and hit my car last Friday. Thankfully the car isn't too banged up and he only has a muscle strain outside of the psychological damage it has done to him. The 18 wheeler didn't stop and my dad was able to call 911 and give them the trailer license and then they had him pull over and wait for a sheriff to talk to him. We were given the accident report number and waiting for it to be posted on their website so we can view it. I've already called a lawyer and one of the things they asked was if the sheriff's found and pulled the truck over which we have no clue about, they also asked if I had insurance that covered uninsured motorist or underinsured which I do and was like oh well we could go after yours on your dad's behalf. That seemed really shady to me but this firm is highly rated and had great reviews.

I guess my question is, should I call my insurance to go ahead and start getting the car fixed or wait until the police report is viewable and see how a lawyer wants to handle it?

Your father's insurance will decline coverage as you have collision coverage and the flowchart of "whose coverage do we use" goes car, then driver.

There's nothing an attorney will do on this file that a claims rep wont do for free, unless your father was seriously injured/things seem hinky, then you can drop the lawyer

Your options are have your insurance fix the car or wait until your insurance gets the police report and try to go through his insurance. The UM coverage is an avenue to get the deductible waived and to get his injuries covered by your insurance, fault free.

I don't know about other states but in CA, merely using your insurance without fault does not increase rates.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
loving P A R T Y

https://twitter.com/USAO_EDPA/status/1141046623159705602?s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

and also you and your party relentlessly opposed and blocked everything the black president did or tried to do, irrespective of previous party positioning, because he was black and could not be allowed to have a "win" no matter the cost

Right and it's worked amazingly well for them, like frighteningly so. They had the president begging to let him cut social security and medicaid for jack poo poo and he still denied him and got more power. Dude knows how to loving win and has virtually guaranteed the courts will destroy any remains of liberal legislation over the next thirty years.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I drive by that on my way home from work every day :lol: That sound you hear in the distance is me sprinting out of the office and hauling rear end over there.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Amazing they were able to seize 3.2 tons of cocaine.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Right and it's worked amazingly well for them, like frighteningly so. They had the president begging to let him cut social security and medicaid for jack poo poo and he still denied him and got more power. Dude knows how to loving win and has virtually guaranteed the courts will destroy any remains of liberal legislation over the next thirty years.

Basically the dems need to win this election so RBG can retire, then they need to hope Clarence Thomas kicks while one of them is in office

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

Basically the dems need to win this election so RBG can retire, then they need to hope Clarence Thomas kicks while one of them is in office

You ever seen The Pelican Brief?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Intruder posted:

Would anything (other than ego) prevent Clarence Thomas from retiring post-election but pre-inauguration and the lame duck president and Senate seating his replacement?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Skwirl posted:

You ever seen The Pelican Brief?

I’ve never seen it but I like to imagine it’s a Julia Roberts romantic comedy where she runs a beachside bed and breakfast called The Pelican Brief.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Super depressing thing I learned about - new high schools are being designed and built with reinforced safe rooms between adjacent classrooms specifically for shelter during a shooting

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Shows I’m watching:

JoJos Bizarre Adventure
Cobra Kai

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

General Dog posted:

Would anything (other than ego) prevent Clarence Thomas from retiring post-election but pre-inauguration and the lame duck president and Senate seating his replacement?

Seems like it would be hard to pull that off in two months but maybe?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Amazing they were able to seize 3.2 tons of cocaine.

Getting those 1.8 tons of cocaine off the street is going to make a real difference in the lives of the citizens of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What about the likelihood that RBG dies quietly like 3 months before the election and the Dem leadership pulls some Weekend at Bernie's shenanigans to keep up the appearance she's still alive until January?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

General Dog posted:

What about the likelihood that RBG dies quietly like 3 months before the election and the Dem leadership pulls some Weekend at Bernie's shenanigans to keep up the appearance she's still alive until January?

None because they're cowards

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

hifi posted:

its' dope we're all listening to emo-adjacent now. i think that was my big prediction for 2019

I've been listening to Trail of Dead and the 1st two Mudhoney albums nonstop for weeks, so ya

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah they'd make one pathetic attempt to say "we have to wait till after the election like you did with obama", the republicans will say "lol no" and confirm whoever Trump nominates instantly, and the democrats will wring their hands and do nothing significant about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It owns that the future of our democracy is built around hoping a multiple cancer surviving octogenarian doesnt die or call it quits in the next 18 months