Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Whats the most fun/unique 8bit coin weapon to mess around with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What are some of the other secret moves weapons have? I've only stumbled onto the shoe kick so far

And what does mastery do? I missed the explanation on accident

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

BexGu posted:

Whats the most fun/unique 8bit coin weapon to mess around with?

The whip is neat if you like the whip moveset... personally I'm not a fan of the hitbox or how slow they are.

I ended up taking the Encrypted Orchid because lightning lightsaber, what's not to like? The hadouken move on it kinda sucks until you upgrade it/put a lightning ring on, then it becomes quite good.

RBA Starblade posted:

What are some of the other secret moves weapons have? I've only stumbled onto the shoe kick so far

Try doing hadoukens or backward hadouken -> forward switch (QCB+F) on everything, that's how the majority work.

The oddballs are the knife boots which are down down attack in the air and the Nodachi/its cousins which you can tap forward twice and attack to do a parry stance.

Everything has a move, as far as I've seen, other than the short and long swords, unless I'm just an idiot.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 19, 2019

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

RBA Starblade posted:

Mastery lets you use the weapon's technique with all weapons of the same class.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fuzz posted:

The whip is neat if you like the whip moveset... personally I'm not a fan of the hitbox or how slow they are.

I ended up taking the Encrypted Orchid because lightning lightsaber, what's not to like? The hadouken move on it kinda sucks until you upgrade it/put a lightning ring on, then it becomes quite good.

Whips are fast as gently caress with a giant downward reach once you get jump attack cancelling down, but yeah attacking with them while grounded is a waste of time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Fuzz posted:

I got this one it of curiosity and it's good. I wonder if these weapons kind of kill you using anything else though? I just use the lightsaber and nothing else is as fast at killing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oh yeah, and the Rapier just tap the poo poo out of attack to go E Honda. Honestly that's one of the best moves to get mastery with because it's loving STUPID with some of the other thrusting swords.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Dullehammer shard when powered up is basically the whip attack on steroids. Mega damage in a 360 area around you for only 25
MP.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone got any recommendations for active shards that are as versatile as the Summon Bat one? I almost use that one exclusively due to how good it is for clearing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for active shards that are as versatile as the Summon Bat one? I almost use that one exclusively due to how good it is for clearing.

The starting Cerulean thing is really drat good, and cheap. You can spam it like crazy and it has a great angle to it.

Summon Parma Pig does great damage:MP cost.

The Painting one with the funny name is really good.

Honestly, my favorite Shard so far is the upgraded True Arrow. You can rapid fire that thing and once you get it up over level 4 it turns into a ridiculously high damage spread shot. You can shotgun one shot a LOT of stuff with it for minimal effort.

AnxiousSloth
Jul 22, 2007
Red and filled with butter, just like nature intended
I'm a backer for this game and am loving it, does anyone have any idea what the input for the backer id does at the game creation/whatever screen? Would I have to go to FanGamer to figure out my backer id to enter?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Fuzz posted:

The starting Cerulean thing is really drat good, and cheap. You can spam it like crazy and it has a great angle to it.

I'm boring and I keep going back to it. Anything that's a problem I just shoot with cerulean spam using next to no mp and it's easy to kill poo poo on the ground like frogs too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I am a durable rag away from having three pieces of bunny gear and this might not actually do anything, but I feel like I'm on the verge of a scientific breakthrough

(I have never seen a durable rag)

Durable rags come from the Assassin enemy in the train section.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if there's anything to learn in this game it's that you should never just be standing in place while attacking unless you're using a specific weapon skill. either jump and attack into enemies or use the backlash to cancel things out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Broken Cog posted:

Previously mentioned but the Head Flail owns when powered up.

Idiot
Dec 21, 2006
AM I DOING THIS RIGHT?
The Heretical Grinder shard is insane. I just stood in place and melted the 2nd 3rd and 4th bosses in 5-8 seconds each. Hardly even got to see their attacks because it puts them into hitstop like 6 times per second as if they're in slow motion. It's even super easy to rank up, all it takes is 3 iron and 3 steel to get it to rank 7 which reaches almost halfway across the screen. The enemy itself even drops iron and steel. I finished grinding out 9 copies of the shard before stopping for the night and I can't wait to see how it continues to trivialize the bosses. It's definitely switched me from prioritizing STR to INT. I hadn't tried Welcome Company yet, but you can use it at the same time as Heretical Grinder which seems like it'll make the bosses drop even quicker.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fuzz posted:

Try doing hadoukens or backward hadouken -> forward switch (QCB+F) on everything, that's how the majority work.

The oddballs are the knife boots which are down down attack in the air and the Nodachi/its cousins which you can tap forward twice and attack to do a parry stance.

Everything has a move, as far as I've seen, other than the short and long swords, unless I'm just an idiot.

I guess I just haven't gotten a second weapon that can yet? Only the kung fu shoes responded to hadoukens so far. I love how much hidden poo poo there is so far and how smug I felt when I used the kung fu UN DEUX TRfuck to get to something early

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I got the Xbox version as a backer reward and now kinda wish I hadn't, because the game feels kinda framey on the Galleon deck with all the rain effects etc, and this is on an Xbox One X...

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
This game is extremely yes. Waking up late for my obligations, because I played this all night, is almost more nostalgic than the game itself.

I’m like thiiiis close to have the 24k for the 16 bit coin I need to upgrade the eu sword. I assume I’ll also need a 32bit coin to upgrade it one more time after that. Does anyone know if it actually goes nutso at final level or is it just a more powerful sword?

Also upgrading the Sword Mastery share is great. My attacks are crazy fast.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
having gotten the bunny ears, the bunny scarf, and the bunny boots, I can now confirm having all three of them either does nothing at all or I am dumb, or perhaps more likely, both

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think there's just one thing besides the lack of visual clarity I dislike and that's that boy do I not like listening to Miriam shriek every time I get a shard

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I think there's just one thing besides the lack of visual clarity I dislike and that's that boy do I not like listening to Miriam shriek every time I get a shard

I could do without the combat yells at all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

EEEEEEEEE
OOOOOOOOOOH

Games pretty danged good so far but I have a couple questions. Just beat the boss on double dragon tower or w/e the hell it's called and not sure where to go. Also is that a gimmick boss? It chased me down the tower and I was unloading a unreasonable amount of damage into it. Near the bottom when it's attacks were going unreasonably fast I paused to heal and when I left the menu it grabbed me then like... no clipped through the floor or something? The camera freaked out and I got his soul and was generally confused.

Also is there a place to get money faster later? I feel like I buy two cooking items in the shop and I'm instantly broke and it kind of sucks when it wants me to play with this system.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Not sure if this is intended or not but if you craft a shard using another shard, you don't lose the original. So for example if you wanted to craft 9 of the Katana Expertise shards you'd only need 9 of the dull katanas and one sword expertise shard for all nine.

Or at least it seems that way, I don't have the money or mats to test it out, but I made one Katana Expertise shard and I still have the sword expertise original... pretty sure I never had two.

Also my mvp shard is definitely the sword grinder, and I've been really liking the flame pillar one too. What drops arc lightning? I just recently beat the hand boss to give an idea of how far I am.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Get the Voice Changer in the mines.

Yes, it changes all of her dialogue in cutscenes and stuff, too. :getin:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Idiot posted:

The Heretical Grinder shard is insane. I just stood in place and melted the 2nd 3rd and 4th bosses in 5-8 seconds each. Hardly even got to see their attacks because it puts them into hitstop like 6 times per second as if they're in slow motion. It's even super easy to rank up, all it takes is 3 iron and 3 steel to get it to rank 7 which reaches almost halfway across the screen. The enemy itself even drops iron and steel. I finished grinding out 9 copies of the shard before stopping for the night and I can't wait to see how it continues to trivialize the bosses. It's definitely switched me from prioritizing STR to INT. I hadn't tried Welcome Company yet, but you can use it at the same time as Heretical Grinder which seems like it'll make the bosses drop even quicker.

This has been my goto, but then I crafted the lightning shard from the harpies on the train into a better lightning shard and it just shits so much damage at once I killed the library boss without getting hit in the first five seconds.

RBA Starblade posted:

There's an option to turn off the soul shard get thing, idk if that turns off the voice clip and animation but it might be worth a try.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Games pretty danged good so far but I have a couple questions. Just beat the boss on double dragon tower or w/e the hell it's called and not sure where to go. Also is that a gimmick boss? It chased me down the tower and I was unloading a unreasonable amount of damage into it. Near the bottom when it's attacks were going unreasonably fast I paused to heal and when I left the menu it grabbed me then like... no clipped through the floor or something? The camera freaked out and I got his soul and was generally confused.

That's how the fight ends, you probably did the last hit and managed to pause right before the janky animation.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
did the PC get the day one patch already? I left Steam on the whole day but it didn't DL anything.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Haha, try equipping the Ex Shovel Armor if you get it.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
friendship ended with pig, now teps oceus is my best friend

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

RBA Starblade posted:

Can't you turn that off? Something like that was in the menu options.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Praying to the 505 gods to get my PS4 code today

Everyone seems to be having so much fun!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Phantasium posted:

This has been my goto, but then I crafted the lightning shard from the harpies on the train into a better lightning shard and it just shits so much damage at once I killed the library boss without getting hit in the first five seconds.

There's an option to turn off the soul shard get thing, idk if that turns off the voice clip and animation but it might be worth a try.

Thanks, I'll try that and see. It's kind of uncomfortable!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Haha, try equipping the Ex Shovel Armor if you get it.

I wish it gave you the actual shoveling move. Or the down stab. The amount of meta in this game is amazing, IGA is my loving hero.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fuzz posted:

I wish it gave you the actual shoveling move. Or the down stab. The amount of meta in this game is amazing, IGA is my loving hero.

It does, press your shard buttons and then also try holding down while jumping.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
Any word on when the next patch should hit for some of these smaller bugs? I've been busy and didn't have a chance to download yet, but I'm thinking I'll get the Xbox version of Switch just for performance-sake.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I could do without the combat yells at all.

the "voice" setting in the sound menu affects these. setting it to 0 will mute them, as well as the atrocious voice acting in dialogue boxes. the sound design feels really empty with them turned off though so eventually i wound up turning it back on.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

One of the first things I did was turn the sound of everything other than the music down relative to it, since the sound effects and combat barks were drowning out the good music.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

I got the Xbox version as a backer reward and now kinda wish I hadn't, because the game feels kinda framey on the Galleon deck with all the rain effects etc, and this is on an Xbox One X...

I've got it on the X as well, the only place I've seen anything bad is one room in the castle where I can't figure out why in the hell it lags out since its not an overly complicated room and there are only two enemies.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Idiot posted:

yeah, i've used this to drill my way through the first couple of bosses as well. if you're using keyboard and mouse it's also less tricky to jump and use directional shards at the same time, which lets you mitigate the disadvantage of you getting rooted in place while you use it a bit. it matters less once you upgrade it a few times and it starts reaching across the screen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

One of the first things I did was turn the sound of everything other than the music down relative to it, since the sound effects and combat barks were drowning out the good music.

something i noticed at the tail end of my playtime yesterday was exiting the map at one point (i think i spammed the back button instead of specific "close map" button which annoying just makes waypoint marks) that when i successfully exited my game volume got cranked up an extreme amount, independent of the volume settings in the menu. i'm hoping closing the game fixed it.