Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Well this was ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
With bounce you would not have been able to see enemy projectiles.

Awesome. I find myself using Scythes for the crazy damage output.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
My best archero runs always end up being pure physical (damage, crit, speed, more arrows, multishot). Orbs, swords, and elements just never seem to do enough. Fun, but not the way to win.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Is there a decent Riichi mahjong game on Android?

You might know of it as Japanese mahjong in other words.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

IAmTheRad posted:

Is there a decent Riichi mahjong game on Android?

You might know of it as Japanese mahjong in other words.
I like Kemono Mahjong

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

SynthesisAlpha posted:

My best archero runs always end up being pure physical (damage, crit, speed, more arrows, multishot). Orbs, swords, and elements just never seem to do enough. Fun, but not the way to win.

That's why I stopped playing, each chapter unlocked worse skills and made it less likely to get the ones that actually let you win (Atk+, Atk Spd +, Crit +, Ricochet, and Multishot) and getting gear slows to an absolute crawl.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I applied to join the Goon squad on Dawn of Isles. I can see how it goes on an NA server from the EU.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I applied a few days ago, but still not been accepted. I can only presume the leader hasn't been on in a while.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Vhak lord of hate posted:

That's why I stopped playing, each chapter unlocked worse skills and made it less likely to get the ones that actually let you win (Atk+, Atk Spd +, Crit +, Ricochet, and Multishot) and getting gear slows to an absolute crawl.

I'm about there too. It is disappointing that boring raw damage is both better for bosses and mobs. Being able to put down mobs quickly is 100% the best build, and the non DPS abilities are useless on bosses.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Roid666 posted:

I applied a few days ago, but still not been accepted. I can only presume the leader hasn't been on in a while.

Send a message to and Elder or higher (I'm Parf) on there if you have. There are a good dozen applications, if not more, and I don't know which ones are goons are which are just randos applying to tribes.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
K, will do when i get home later. I posted here too :D

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

pray for my aunt posted:

The actual gameplay of Brown Dust is cool, just a shame that the structure is so nakedly exploitative, the art is generic and the story/character stuff is paper thin.

Stumbled across* a few different nerds on Reddit talking about this being a bit more self aware with the tedious elements of gachas, and generally offering a bit more interesting gameplay unless you want to climb the arenas. Checking it out now, is there a Goon guild kicking around?

*While trying to find a way to play an Android game with a friend who enjoys Star Realms but doesn't want to play it much, one with co-op boosting but really light gameplay - ideally like if Pokemon Go was a game. Stardew Valley and the like are out, unfortunately, neither of us really enjoy the main game loop.

I enjoyed Terra Battle quite a bit, but kinda fizzled out on it. Shop Heroes was nice, but got a bit boring after playing for a while and not having many interesting choices other then playing with the auction house supply/demand.

Edit: Nvm, the combat is boring in Brown Dust outside of the team building, but the stats aren't that interesting to crunch

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 11, 2019

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I feel like this is a dumb question, but how do I get the Crafting Hut in Dawn of Isles? I've upgraded my dowry statue to level 5, and the game is telling me I should've had access to it by now, but I've got no other vacant lots and no building on my map that's a crafting hut. Did I miss something somewhere?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Morpheus posted:

I feel like this is a dumb question, but how do I get the Crafting Hut in Dawn of Isles? I've upgraded my dowry statue to level 5, and the game is telling me I should've had access to it by now, but I've got no other vacant lots and no building on my map that's a crafting hut. Did I miss something somewhere?

You don't have enough plots on your island to build it. You need to upgrade the main statue until it gives another plot.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
While I didn't find quite what I was looking for, Troll Patrol is really solid, scratches the Puzzle Quest itch pretty good.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

RubberBands Hurt posted:

While I didn't find quite what I was looking for, Troll Patrol is really solid, scratches the Puzzle Quest itch pretty good.

Yeah this was talked about the last month or two. Scratches the itch that Dungeon Raid left behind a bit.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

cage-free egghead posted:

Yeah this was talked about the last month or two. Scratches the itch that Dungeon Raid left behind a bit.

Yayyy it seems a bit more forgiving than DR but sure scratches that itch

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I started this Dawn of Isles thing. When am I able to join the guild? I just rode the bird to the other island. It's pretty so far, but I find myself wishing I was playing on a tablet instead of a phone. The camera rotation controls are wonky as gently caress too.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I started this Dawn of Isles thing. When am I able to join the guild? I just rode the bird to the other island. It's pretty so far, but I find myself wishing I was playing on a tablet instead of a phone. The camera rotation controls are wonky as gently caress too.

Level 20 I believe? The tribe button will open up.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Montalvo posted:

I haven't enjoyed a phone game as much as I have enjoyed Buriedbornes in a long time.

This one is a keeper. Great stuff.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Dr Mario World is available for pre-registration ahead of a July 10 release. The game appears to resemble a hybrid of Dr Mario and Puzxle Bobble/Bubble Witch Saga than a traditional Dr Mario game.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Just applied to the Dawn of Isles Tribe as Faloola

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Been playing Nonstop Knight 2 for a bit now, and its a fun little time waster.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

NPR Journalizard posted:

Been playing Nonstop Knight 2 for a bit now, and its a fun little time waster.

Except that it has to load even after just locking my phone.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Idle games that can't handle being backgrounded are the best.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I applied to the Dawn of Isles tribe as Cirras. I did the trading ship a few times and now my character level is way ahead of what the game actually lets me do which is quite unfortunate.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What is the attraction to dawn of isles?

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
I DL Dawn of isles and it seems all talk with hardly any action. Does this go away or do I just run around talking to people all day?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

pappawurm posted:

I DL Dawn of isles and it seems all talk with hardly any action. Does this go away or do I just run around talking to people all day?

The tutorial goes on for a long time and there are a ton of features. I've seen some of the later dungeons that are much more engaging.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I couldn't get into it, I got to the point of getting to the first major town and it was just too busy for a phone screen.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Alright I've got over six bucks in survey, what's hot right now?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
i'm one of the highest rated players on the Dreamfall server in Dawn of Isles, name of Shadow. i quit today because all of my friends quit

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm looking for another deck building game like Dominion or Ascension, but not a combat/rpg/whatever like Night of the Full Moon or Slay the Spire. Any suggestions?

edit already have Star Realms

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lone Goat posted:

I'm looking for another deck building game like Dominion or Ascension, but not a combat/rpg/whatever like Night of the Full Moon or Slay the Spire. Any suggestions?

edit already have Star Realms

Is literally Dominion OK? Because if it is there is Androminion

https://android-apk.org/id/43556493/

e: also not really deck building but still good there is Race for the Galaxy on the google play store

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 20, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I've already got Dominion and Ascension and Star Realms so I was curious for something new.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

I've already got Dominion and Ascension and Star Realms so I was curious for something new.

Cthulhu Realms plays same as Star Realms and was fun for a while. Its a tighter deck so you'll quickly find its equivalent of big money in Dominion say.

Can't think of any others. Dominion does it best but I find it soooo dry.

Sentinels of the Multiverse is a decent app but painful physical game but you're back to fighting with your cards there.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Sleekly posted:

Cthulhu Realms plays same as Star Realms and was fun for a while. Its a tighter deck so you'll quickly find its equivalent of big money in Dominion say.

Can't think of any others. Dominion does it best but I find it soooo dry.

Sentinels of the Multiverse is a decent app but painful physical game but you're back to fighting with your cards there.

I have Sentinels too but every turn was like doing algebra, and I prefer my video games to be no more complicated than arithmetic (yes I already have Calculords)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

Alright I've got over six bucks in survey, what's hot right now?

Hey speaking of these surveys, is anyone else having issues lately? I just switched to a new phone but it's a Pixel so I wouldn't think Google would be clashing with Google. Lately I'll get a survey notification, but when I open the app, it will have the Google Play Rewards header but a blank screen that will load until it crashes. When I re-open the app, it says there's no survey available. On the odd times I do actually get to the survey, I take it like normal, then I get the thing where it's having issues submitting the responses and says it will try again later, but later never comes.. I haven't gotten my magic Google pennies since 6/7, and I've probably taken 3-4 surveys since then. I've tried reinstalling but no dice, and whenever I try to contact anyone it tries to make me post on a Google forum or some bullshit.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I haven't gotten a survey in a loooonnnnng time... I just got a pixel too and logged into the app thinking that would do it, but still no dice. Does it just tap out after a while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
I haven't had it crash, but I've had it fail to send the survey a number of times in a row. When I look at the history it seems like it reports it immediately after or something, though.