Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Finally beat cos last night. Fun little raid, fun last boss but I do wonder how it’s gonna go after they nerf outbreak

Is there any reason to think they're going to nerf the #18 boss DPS weapon? (assuming 6 people are all using it, otherwise it falls out of top 30)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is there any reason to think they're going to nerf the #18 boss DPS weapon? (assuming 6 people are all using it, otherwise it falls out of top 30)

Uh because it’s a primary

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It claims the #18 spot only when doing a 6 man activity where all 6 are sacrificing their exotic slot to use it, and everyone is standing in a Luna well and/or titan barricade, with a damage phase of at least 20 seconds

It is farrrrrr from OP in my opinion

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Spike grenade launchers are also way better for gahlran dps.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Strange times

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It claims the #18 spot only when doing a 6 man activity where all 6 are sacrificing their exotic slot to use it, and everyone is standing in a Luna well and/or titan barricade, with a damage phase of at least 20 seconds

It is farrrrrr from OP in my opinion

The best secondary and heavy DPS machines are purps, so it being an exotic doesn’t matter.

Every non-retard team stands in a well or behind a barricade for damage phases.

Most damage phases (that matter) seem that long.

I don’t think they should nerf it now, but it’s crazy a primary is up there under any conditions. I mean the logic is nearly the same as why they took the nerf bat to whisper. They want to be able to design their content without a gun/loadout bypassing things. Right now why would you run anything but Outbreak/LQ/spike launcher for a boss?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

They'll nerf OP about three weeks after bad juju comes out. Gotta keep people chasing the annual pass exotics

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I guess I should qualify that by yeah 6 mountaintops are apparently crazy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Unlike Whisper, it doesn't trivialize any encounter, and there are no encounters where it is The Best. There are encounters where it is the 18th best.

It's exactly like... I'd say... Rat King. It's silly that you can do decent (not great, not excellent) boss DPS with a primary under certain gimmicky circumstances. But I don't see Bungie nerfing a gun just because of that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Unlike Whisper, it doesn't trivialize any encounter, and there are no encounters where it is The Best. There are encounters where it is the 18th best.

It's exactly like... I'd say... Rat King. It's silly that you can do decent (not great, not excellent) boss DPS with a primary under certain gimmicky circumstances. But I don't see Bungie nerfing a gun just because of that.

What is the next highest primary on the list?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sturm is two slots down, doing 94% of the damage, and instead of requiring a 6-man commitment to the gag, you just have to rack up some kills with Drang first.

OP is obviously an excellent DPS Primary but an average DPS Option. Does Bungie ever nerf the former? They don't seem to care about guns over/under performing for their flavor of bullet

Swords use purple ammo, while shotguns use green ammo and are double the DPS (and better in pvp, to boot!).

Same story with rapid fire snipers vs Queenbreaker. Hell, Loaded Question and Coldheart both do 50% more DPS than 1 Thousand Voices

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you start seeing a lot of LFG posts reading MUST HAVE OUTBREAK then a nerf is incoming

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

If you start seeing a lot of LFG posts reading MUST HAVE OUTBREAK then a nerf is incoming

Most of the lfg I see are asking for the exact opposite

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Wizened Rebuke is in the Iron Banana loot pool so if you didn't grind out 500 kills before then you can get it for no effort now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Judge Tesla posted:

Wizened Rebuke is in the Iron Banana loot pool so if you didn't grind out 500 kills before then you can get it for no effort now.

LOL

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Just Lmfao if you play gambit at all as anything but a golden gun hunter with truth right now. Roflmao.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Finally beat cos last night. Fun little raid, fun last boss but I do wonder how it’s gonna go after they nerf outbreak

We just 1 phased him with anarchy

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I rolled a dozrn erentils and this is the best i got.

Long range scope. Acc Coils/Particle Repeater. Firmly planted. Range Finder. Range MW.

Acc coils DOESNT seem to drop the damage. 48 a bolt either way. Seems pretty tasty especially if you slide into your shots.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Astrochicken posted:

Just Lmfao if you play gambit at all as anything but a golden gun hunter with truth right now. Roflmao.

I've come very close to getting an Army of One with Le Monarque because of the Hush quest.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I never understood, I had wizened rebuke from one of the earlier seasons. Isn’t it the same weapon? I feel like I had too many of them at one point.

Or.. am I thinking of the destiny 1 gun?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blind Rasputin posted:

I never understood, I had wizened rebuke from one of the earlier seasons. Isn’t it the same weapon? I feel like I had too many of them at one point.

Or.. am I thinking of the destiny 1 gun?

It’s a Y2 weapon now so you can put a mod on it. That’s pretty much it.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Emron posted:

There are five gambit bounties per day that don't require you to play gambit at all. It's great.

Do these count towards the new Werner bounty for daily Gambit bounties?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

I rolled a dozrn erentils and this is the best i got.

Long range scope. Acc Coils/Particle Repeater. Firmly planted. Range Finder. Range MW.

Acc coils DOESNT seem to drop the damage. 48 a bolt either way. Seems pretty tasty especially if you slide into your shots.

It does drop it the 48 is due to rounding

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Listerine posted:

Do these count towards the new Werner bounty for daily Gambit bounties?

Yes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The difference between outbreak and rat king is that outbreak is a much better pulse rifle than rat king is a hand cannon, so the “gimmicky circumstances” for using it is “using a strong pulse rifle”. But it’s going to get nerfed for the same reason whisper was: it completely breaks the “ammo economy” that they love to talk about so much. Instead of having infinite heavy ammo, you just don’t need to care about heavy (or special) ammo anymore.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom
Anyone on xbone able to help me finish the thorn strike? I’m at the boss and the two randoms I was with left. We wiped twice at the very end.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
let's do warden of nothing it's easy

https://i.imgur.com/017QFET.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Zxiq7tA.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/CJrpf5a.gifv

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

if you complete a menagerie triumph that awards imperials while the wealth buff from sweeperbot is active it consumes it :emo:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Every bit as broken as it looks

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wtf are you talking about Rat King whips rear end as a sidearm.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
It's a terrible sidearm get out.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Cleaning house
https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1141349617776263169?s=21

Felt real good because it got us to 125/124.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I own base Destiny 2 and Osiris/Warmind. I'm assuming I need to buy the Forsaken Complete Collection if I want to get back into it? Bungie's site seemed to imply I'd also need to buy the Annual Pass but apparently that's included.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fifty Three posted:

I own base Destiny 2 and Osiris/Warmind. I'm assuming I need to buy the Forsaken Complete Collection if I want to get back into it? Bungie's site seemed to imply I'd also need to buy the Annual Pass but apparently that's included.

Yeah, that's the only upgrade available now and it will give you access to everything released for the game thus far.

The annual pass is sold separately for people who bought the standalone Forsaken expansion which is no longer available.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

kecske posted:

if you complete a menagerie triumph that awards imperials while the wealth buff from sweeperbot is active it consumes it :emo:

Good to know!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Every bit as broken as it looks

yeah that's somewhat similar to what I have (backup and under pressure). would you rather have range or charge time mw?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Subsistence Demolitionist Austringer loving rules for pve good lord

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

actionjackson posted:

yeah that's somewhat similar to what I have (backup and under pressure). would you rather have range or charge time mw?

Range, charge time mw is no Bueno on erentil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Blind Rasputin posted:

Cleaning house
https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1141349617776263169?s=21

Felt real good because it got us to 125/124.

What pulse is that?