Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Brony Car posted:

I thought Trippier was good, though. Are his wage demands too high? Why wouldn't Spurs just extend his deal?

Do you watch a lot of football?
He had a nightmare this season, looked like garbage in many many games - which does in itself make it odd that anyone wants to buy him.

His replacement got injured, so they had to start him.
He’s great at putting in crosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Trippier is bad, and the sole reason why Man City and Ajax scored a bunch of goals in our CL run. He needs to go

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Looke posted:

Trippier is bad, and the sole reason why Man City and Ajax scored a bunch of goals in our CL run. He needs to go

Lloris is a drunk garbageman too OP.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Lloris is a drunk garbageman too OP.

Absolutely

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mata has signed a THREE year contract extension with United, which is honestly a bit surprising. I love Mata to bits and in his day he was awesome, but he's definitely pretty far on the decline and I would've expected a year, maybe with an option for a second year.

I really, really, REALLY hope Woodward doesn't consider the right side of midfield now sorted.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Der Shovel posted:

Mata has signed a THREE year contract extension with United, which is honestly a bit surprising. I love Mata to bits and in his day he was awesome, but he's definitely pretty far on the decline and I would've expected a year, maybe with an option for a second year.

I really, really, REALLY hope Woodward doesn't consider the right side of midfield now sorted.

he's going to become United's captain when Ashley Young dies of old age

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Three years seems a bit loving long for a 31 year old but he's still playing 30 games a season for United so what do I know

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Considering Mata is the antithesis of the style that United are allegedly trying to play this is baffling.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

Considering Mata is the antithesis of the style that United are allegedly trying to play this is baffling.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Woodward*!

* not actually at all Wonderful.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

wooger posted:

Do you watch a lot of football?
He had a nightmare this season, looked like garbage in many many games - which does in itself make it odd that anyone wants to buy him.

His replacement got injured, so they had to start him.
He’s great at putting in crosses.

I figured he was a work in progress and also suffering from the general squad fatigue issues that plagued Spurs all season.

I didn't realize he was 28 already.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Brony Car posted:

I figured he was a work in progress and also suffering from the general squad fatigue issues that plagued Spurs all season.

I didn't realize he was 28 already.

He has come out and stated there were injury issues which were not widely reported on, but as you say, there isn't much time to become a drastically better player.

A healthy Trippier probably makes sense to keep around in some capacity, but probably makes just as much sense to move on for resale value if you can get it at this point.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Rangers done;

Greg Stewart
Jordan Jones
Jake Hastie

Rangers signing;

Aribo from Charlton
Edmundson from Oldham
Ojo on loan from Liverpool
Kent on loan from Liverpool

Ultra attacking is the way to go

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I can't get mad at keeping Mata, he's just too lovely :allears:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Also he's real good at free kicks

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Sandwolf posted:

Daley Sinkgraven went to Bayer Leverkusen from Ajax

Eh? Eh? That’s something

As did Moussa Diaby from PSG, I hope they're both good.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently Villa want Axel Tuanzebe on a permanent deal.

It'd be the most Woodward thing ever to actually sell him.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it would be great if Villa could land Tuanzebe he was very good!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

Rangers signing;

Ojo on loan from Liverpool

Ultra attacking is the way to go

Apparently quite well rated in Liverpool’s academy? Not sure I’d ever heard of him in the same way as Brewster etc though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

it would be great if Villa could land Tuanzebe he was very good!

It would be great if he actually got a chance at United for the very same reason!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Total Meatlove posted:

Apparently quite well rated in Liverpool’s academy? Not sure I’d ever heard of him in the same way as Brewster etc though.

He was, but he doesn't seem to have kicked on. He did have some time with the first team a while back and looked good, but then had some ineffective loan spells.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

tarbrush posted:

He was, but he doesn't seem to have kicked on. He did have some time with the first team a while back and looked good, but then had some ineffective loan spells.

Ineffective loan spells and needing a kick up the arse seemed to be the Kent story last season and he did brilliantly so that might bode well

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Total Meatlove posted:

Ineffective loan spells and needing a kick up the arse seemed to be the Kent story last season and he did brilliantly so that might bode well

Gerrard still has a lot of ties to Liverpool from his U-18 and U-19 coaching stints, so I think he has been getting enough straight talk about players like Ojo to make good loan decisions.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This transfer is going to end up with dragging on another month with PSG the ultimate destination.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1141050001512194048

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So I guess the guy's after a payday instead of ... you know, good football at a good club.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

So I guess the guy's after a payday instead of ... you know, good football at a good club.

His agent is Mino Raiola, so yeah that checks out

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Der Shovel posted:

It would be great if he actually got a chance at United for the very same reason!

how would that help Villa though

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
there's the Greaseman money, then
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1141143522407518208

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich have signed Dan Adshead from Rochdale for a couple of hundred grand, I've been reliably informed he's the next Maddison so get your chequebooks ready big clubs. Also had a bid accepted for Motherwell's David "Magnificent Offer" Turnbull.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just read an 'article' that claimed Barca wanted to pay 100 million + 3 players (Rakitic, Umtiti and someone else who's name I forgot) to get Neymar back. My official reaction to that is: lmao

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Arsenal have decided we can't afford Joachim Andersen, apparently Spurs are going to sign him. Can't wait for him to be really good while we fail to sell Mustafi.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

trem_two posted:

His agent is Mino Raiola, so yeah that checks out

When the Great Football Revolution comes, Raiola should be one of the first against the wall along with Platini and co.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

shut up blegum posted:

Just read an 'article' that claimed Barca wanted to pay 100 million + 3 players (Rakitic, Umtiti and someone else who's name I forgot) to get Neymar back. My official reaction to that is: lmao

Dembele was the other name.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Some gobshite on Talk Sport claiming Aubameyang to United for £70m.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

Probably need to clear that many off the book just to get in the same ballpark as Neymar’s salary demands

I wonder what happens with his Qatar “ambassador” job if he leaves PSG

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Some gobshite on Talk Sport claiming Aubameyang to United for £70m.

Yeah Jesus wept.

Some other less gobshitey places reporting that United want Milan Skriniar in (part?) exchange for Lukaku.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Arsenal have decided we can't afford Joachim Andersen, apparently Spurs are going to sign him. Can't wait for him to be really good while we fail to sell Mustafi.

I haven’t seen anything about this, but Arsenal’s ability to go into a summer with obvious needs and do absolutely gently caress all has been on full display this year.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BlackYellow/status/1141326911278395394

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hummels to Bayern is agreed on in principle, for up to €38m.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Healbot posted:

Hummels to Bayern is agreed on in principle, for up to €38m.

Dortmund sold him back to Bayern already?!?! :)

In all seriousness, is Hummels still good? Seems like Bayern are moving on and Dortmund are picking up the sloppy thirds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Whoops, yeah, I was used to Bayern paying over the top for 30 year olds.