Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
I dunno, I get it pretty clearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Flying_Crab posted:

Don’t bother, at least a decade ago it was a cesspool of the terrible mindsets we all hate from the military and the groupies/grifters that chase them.

yeah but thats every single online forum related to guns

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Also I found this through clicking on that article rat linked

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/11/three-recruits-died-sas-instructors-lost-control-training-exercise/

I guess if you die that means you fail selection

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1yclQXd1Q

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Lol I guess they have to keep up with the body count that ranger school has accumulated over the years

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That’s a lot of training deaths wow.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

"Temperatures reached 26.3C from midday on the day of the march and had risen to 28.3C by 4pm. "

I thought that was supposed to be hot but 28.3c is only 83 fahrenheit lol

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

That dude's a morale booster right there.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Saving you from having to go to LEO forums:

Wickerman posted:

I dunno, I get it pretty clearly

I don't get it either.

Don't worry about the goober shooting at courthouses, worry about the armed man protecting black people from remorseless murderers?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oh jesus.

"The guy she tells you not to worry about" is the side dick she be suckin. Because he's better than you in every measurable way.

I Demand Food
Nov 18, 2002

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

"Temperatures reached 26.3C from midday on the day of the march and had risen to 28.3C by 4pm. "

This year's London Marathon had one death and several more people pass out and need medical assistance and the temperature never exceeded 73 Fahrenheit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CainFortea posted:

Oh jesus.

"The guy she tells you not to worry about" is the side dick she be suckin. Because he's better than you in every measurable way.

Ohhhhh ok. Well I guess I’m too secure to worry about my wife cheating on me.

:smuggo:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Those memes are a play on people's insecurities regarding their love life. The "she" in question is your girlfriend/wife.

The "you" in the meme is always inferior in one way or another, usually ridiculously/comically so compared to the "guy she tells you not to worry about."

The "guy she tells you not to worry about" is a reference to a male friend or acquaintance of your girlfriend/wife that is way better looking than you, or more successful, has more money, etc.

It's weird explaining memes. Those know your meme people must have an interesting time writing all those entries.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I Demand Food posted:

This year's London Marathon had one death and several more people pass out and need medical assistance and the temperature never exceeded 73 Fahrenheit.

help im dyin its over 70 and only partially cloudy

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

They burst into flames when exposed to direct sunlight, like vampires

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

LingcodKilla posted:

I don’t really get the joke in that one. Would work as a “reality vs your imagination”

“You vs the guy she tell you not to worry about” is a meme format I guess

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The guy she tells you not to worry about is Jody

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

LingcodKilla posted:

Ohhhhh ok. Well I guess I’m too secure to worry about my wife cheating on me.

:smuggo:

:hfive:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

also I'm really digging that SAS dudes purple shirt

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

jeans and chambray

badass as gently caress

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I like his plate carrier with armor inserts lol

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

It's the final day of SAS selection. You'd be overheating even if the temperature was 0°C.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Jaguars! posted:

It's the final day of SAS selection. You'd be overheating even if the temperature was 0°C.

i wouldn't die of heat stroke in 83 degree loving weather lol

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Flashbacks to to having to run on unmaintained blacktop in the middle of a an unmaintained field in the middle of summer in Northern California. I seriously didn’t know what golden state meant I always thought it meant they were rich not that everything dries out and dies during the hell blast summer. Even gently tapping any of the fried grass and weeds would turn them to dust which made breathing even without asthma fun but there was this one girl they dragged out there every pt day and every pt day she would have an asthma attack and use her emergency inhaler and every time her symptoms got under control they would make her run through more dust. This was a medical squadron that included the pulmonary clinic.

I have to get back to studying but when I get back I tell (maybe retell?) the story of the aerial gunner who couldn’t tell his left from his right.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Reenlist and find out.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Cenen posted:

Flashbacks to to having to run on unmaintained blacktop in the middle of a an unmaintained field in the middle of summer in Northern California. I seriously didn’t know what golden state meant I always thought it meant they were rich not that everything dries out and dies during the hell blast summer. Even gently tapping any of the fried grass and weeds would turn them to dust which made breathing even without asthma fun but there was this one girl they dragged out there every pt day and every pt day she would have an asthma attack and use her emergency inhaler and every time her symptoms got under control they would make her run through more dust. This was a medical squadron that included the pulmonary clinic.

I have to get back to studying but when I get back I tell (maybe retell?) the story of the aerial gunner who couldn’t tell his left from his right.

Wha....ho...:stare:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cenen posted:

Don't dox me.

Cenen posted:

who couldn’t tell his left from his right.

Don't dox me.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

:chanpop:

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Cenen posted:

They let people in who have inhalers now? When I was in high school I was thinking about enlisting but that was a showstopper. Dodged a bullet in retrospect.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I like his plate carrier with armor inserts lol

I like how they made the codpiece more classy by turning it into a sporran.

But for sheer :black101: I gotta go with the lead jockstraps the liquidators were rocking.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
I was left and right "blind" before I served. I learned that poo poo first day as a conscript during drill. :mil101:
I'm Vuk83 and that's my boot story

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

We had a kid who was left/right blind. The nicest kid I ever met, wouldn't even kill mosquitoes, always had funny stories to tell. But, fun fact about chainsaws, bar oil (heavy duty lube for chains)goes in the left tank and 2-stroke mix goes in the right tank and if that order is reversed, it's a monstrous bitch to fix. The third saw he put bar oil in, we took him off saw and gave him a double bit axe. He learned after that to look in the tank and see what was in it before he poured.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Is this some sort of medical condition I've never heard of? I'm having trouble imagining how a relatively high functioning adult could not know left from right.

vuk83 posted:

I was left and right "blind" before I served. I learned that poo poo first day as a conscript during drill. :mil101:
I'm Vuk83 and that's my boot story

Like are you just ambidextrous or what does this mean??

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Reminds me of a navy cadet... she put a green hair tie on her right hand, and a red hair tie on her left hand... Left/right, port/starboard is hard, you see!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

my kinda ape posted:

Is this some sort of medical condition I've never heard of? I'm having trouble imagining how a relatively high functioning adult could not know left from right.

Like are you just ambidextrous or what does this mean??

It's not uncommon and doesn't work like you think.

Mines not as severe as that writer's.

You tell me to raise my right hand, you got it. You tell me to go right, and I got to remember which hand that is on my body first.

I developed a couple of little tricks as a kid, but I typically wiggle my fingers on the correct hand when i hear the direction now.

Speaking of childhood, it didn't usually get me in too much trouble at school because it didn't seem to give me any dyslexia, but I think it messed up my ability to remember numbers longer than 3 digits -- my mental image of the number starts to shift around.

I got faster at remembering left and right because I started to get muscle memory though JROTC and military schools, like stepping off on the left foot, but it took a lot of frustration to get there, because I have to have that half second "which one's that" thought.

As an adult, it usually only messes me up driving and I get a little extra u-turn practice than most people. It annoys the wife sometimes, taking a small detour, but I also don't dive across Lanes to exit like the writer.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jun 20, 2019

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It’s different when you’re running with a 40kg ruck uphill or through soft sand with a boat on your head.

poo poo I’ve seen fat corpsmen cook themselves to like 105 just a few miles into a ruck on a cool and cloudy day but that was just a conditioning issue.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jun 20, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

You tell me to raise my right hand, you got it. You tell me to go right, and I got to remember which hand that is on my body first.

I developed a couple of little tricks as a kid, but I typically wiggle my fingers on the correct hand when i hear the direction now.

Speaking of childhood, it didn't usually get me in too much trouble at school because it didn't seem to give me any dyslexia, but I think it messed up my ability to remember numbers longer than 3 digits -- my mental image of the number starts to shift around.

I got faster at remembering left and right because I started to get muscle memory though JROTC and military schools, like stepping off on the left foot, but it took a lot of frustration to get there, because I have to have that half second "which one's that" thought.

As an adult, it usually only messes me up driving and I get a little extra u-turn practice than most people. It annoys the wife sometimes, taking a small detour, but I also don't dive across Lanes to exit like the writer.

I was real bad about it as a kid because I misunderstood the entire concept and thought it was an absolute reference like east and west. Every time I needed to reference left/right I'd imagine my first grade classroom on a map, mentally walk from there to where I was while keeping track of the turns, and then after all these mental gymnastics determin that actually, "left" is, at this time, in this place, 6 oclock directly behind me.

Then one day somebody told me "ey kid your left hand is the one whats shaped like a L"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Wasabi the J posted:

I had that until some point in my mid-20's, when I suddenly realized I didn't need to use the mnemonic anymore (in my case writing hand->left hand!).

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Navy HM+Infantry wedding lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Nice one, Lindzee.