Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wuxi posted:

Oh it definitely does more damage than a Disfavour.
+2 support gems and double damage instead of Hits can't be Evaded and Quality just isn't something I ever thought about, but it might just be worth it on a RT build.

hits can't be evaded is all but a wasted mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Wuxi posted:

Oh it definitely does more damage than a Disfavour.
+2 support gems and double damage instead of Hits can't be Evaded and Quality just isn't something I ever thought about, but it might just be worth it on a RT build.

precision existing makes vaganmod worth a shitload less, gently caress rt

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

using resolute technique in this league is a loving crime, imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t want to use overwhelm or impact.

Edit

Being nice outside of cspam

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
There's very little crit support on the tree for axes though. May as well just spend a couple of points and not worry about accuracy either.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Axes are cooler than swords before you say play swords.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Alright finally got back to maps, lt is so much more my style than divine ire I guess.

Is full life, life plus mom, or tinkerskin no mana the generally best way to go at this point? Phase acro too?

What auras?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Acht posted:

Seeing that nice craft; how would I try and make an upgrade for a Kondo's, sitting in the HCSSF league?
I'm up to T10 currently, setting aside elder/shaper bases. I obviously have limited options with crafting due to having 1 exalt drop.

Would farming fossils work and slamming them on some Elder/Shaper base 2h?
Ziggy had a nice vid up recently on how he crafted his chest that way. No idea if there is something similar for 2hs.

Fossils were the preferred way to do this for delve league, before the master crafting buff. You can either spam Jagged (thats gonna take a whole lot though) or use Jagged/Prismatic/Corroded. That removes most annoying prefixes.

The base is the bigger problem. In a perfect world you want a 83+ Elder Vaal Axe, but gently caress getting that on SSF. The most basic base I'd craft on would be a 77 Vaal Axe, Elder optional. This allows you to get up to t1 flat phys and attack speed and t2 %phys and %hybrid phys.

If you get the 4ex exalts to do multi-modding you want a 80+ Elder Vaal Axe, this opens up t1 Fortify, which is enough to multi-mod into a great weapon (preferably with either %hybrid or attack speed, but it does well without those).

For sword bases I have honestly no idea, but chances are you're getting to farm shaper before you get a really good sword done that way. Vaal Axes just have a bunch more dps than swords.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

for a physerzerker cyclone, should I be looking at switching to dual-wielding instead of 2Hing? Right now I'm using a 5L Maroqi, so I'd need to dig up a 6L armor, I suppose.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Axes are cooler than swords before you say play swords.

I sigh as I unsheathe my giant Katana

silvergoose posted:

Alright finally got back to maps, lt is so much more my style than divine ire I guess.

Is full life, life plus mom, or tinkerskin no mana the generally best way to go at this point? Phase acro too?

What auras?

for what build

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

for a physerzerker cyclone, should I be looking at switching to dual-wielding instead of 2Hing? Right now I'm using a 5L Maroqi, so I'd need to dig up a 6L armor, I suppose.

yes i know the answer is pob but i can't run pob or pob.party at the moment so here i am posting posting posting

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I sigh as I unsheathe my giant Katana

for what build

...lt

Lightning trap sabo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

silvergoose posted:

...lt

Lightning trap sabo

lt vs It, typefaces lol

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

aejix posted:

Is anyone in here playing on PS4? The trading system is an absolute loving nightmare to use and I'm hoping someone has some tips on how to use it properly

- exclude listings that have no price/buyout
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this is possible. Use '~' in the filter and it will highlight items that have a price set. It still shows the items without a price, but at least they're shaded out. Can be used with other filters by putting a space between them, so '~ Life' would only show items that have Life in the description and have a price set.

The rest of your search questions can't be done as far as I know.

The Console trade market just sucks. I've been trying to buy a Daresso's Salute for the past week. Despite only searching listings for people that are online I've gone over 24 hours several times without a response. The ones I have gotten a response from my bid is declined every time despite putting the exact amount they wanted and I'm pretty sure they didn't sell because I still see those listings (resistances and asking price the same) when I search the market. And this is just one item. Everything I'm trying to buy is the same process where I have to go in several days in a row and try to find different listings because my offer was declined over night or the person is letting the offer and my currency sit there for 24+ hours.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

oh, the font made it look like It.

Yeah phase acro, the blind ascendancy and either MoM, or EB MoM with tinkerskin, or the blood magic helm and one aura (Zealotry probably) are the way to go

shroud of the lightless is a good chest too, easy six link, go bm or mom if you go that route

tip number 1 is don't get hit, traps rule but you lack leech so you gotta rely on regen

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

oh, the font made it look like It.

Yeah phase acro, the blind ascendancy and either MoM, or EB MoM with tinkerskin, or the blood magic helm and one aura (Zealotry probably) are the way to go

shroud of the lightless is a good chest too, easy six link, go bm or mom if you go that route

tip number 1 is don't get hit, traps rule but you lack leech so you gotta rely on regen

Bad posting choices (like all my posts)

Any thoughts on relative merits of those three choices?

Which blood magic helm?

Yeah don't get hit is my plan, too bad I'm terrible at dodging poo poo.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

silvergoose posted:

Which blood magic helm?

malachai's simula/awakening

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm phone posting but yeah what Foo said. You can look at what Octavian and/or Tarkecat did as templates. I'd personally rather do like octavian but I'm a dual wield wand hater

tinkerskin EB MoM might be a touch tankier, the lightless has built in pen and life% on the chest which is nice for a shadow. If you go regular mom you probably want to use an essence worm and toss your aura into that. I last played traps with EB MoM and a Tinkerskin and it was a ton of fun

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 19, 2019

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Turns out Uber Elder is hard and you actually have to execute mechanics when you're a Viper Strike Pathfinder with 6k life instead of a Vortex/Cold Snap Occultist with 12k ES. I got schooled by him for the first time ever today :(

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Oh man I just discovered pob.party . Uhh, there goes my work performance lol. POB in your browser, finally! I think this should probably be in the OP.

Finally I can PoE on OSX.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Turns out Uber Elder is hard and you actually have to execute mechanics when you're a Viper Strike Pathfinder with 6k life instead of a Vortex/Cold Snap Occultist with 12k ES. I got schooled by him for the first time ever today :(

Daily reminder that Cold DoT occultist was hilariously broken and every nerf to ES and occultist was more than deserved.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Wuxi posted:

Daily reminder that Cold DoT occultist was hilariously broken and every nerf to ES and occultist was more than deserved.

Indeed. This is the first time I'm not playing a dumb overpowered broken build (Arc Trap Saboteur in Incursion, Cold DoT Occultist in Betrayal). I'll get him soon, fortunately it's only 40-50c per attempt.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Captain Foo posted:

I’m DW with foils and the damage you get from it is actually insane, plus foils somehow have a bigger range than 2Hers.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Yeah I'm nervous about trying him with my 5.6k hp cyclone glad. Hydra, Minotaur, and Phoenix all just erased me if I wasn't careful and I even died once to shaper for the first time in forever. I need a stupid broken op build 😭

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Playing a cyclone build that uses Herald of ash, and ive been using a 6% gem, but last night an elder ring that grants level 22 herald of ash. Should I stick with the gem or will the level 22 outpace it even if I upped the quality?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

what ring base, what else is on the ring, and what is your build

can't read

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
e:n/m

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wuxi posted:

Counterpoint: Having a tanky ES ascendancy on the cheap was nice and they should bring it back because I want to use my discipline bubble

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Playing a cyclone build that uses Herald of ash, and ive been using a 6% gem, but last night an elder ring that grants level 22 herald of ash. Should I stick with the gem or will the level 22 outpace it even if I upped the quality?

You should probably find something else to use the socket on if the elder ring as actually good for you statwise. Damagewise, a 20q HoF is better, but not by much and not enough that I'd value it over freeing up a socket.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Eminai posted:

I’m DW with foils and the damage you get from it is actually insane, plus foils somehow have a bigger range than 2Hers.

i'll look into this when i get back to PoB! I've got around 2ex to play with if i liquidate my jorbs; finding a decent 6L armor and a couple of foils might be tough on that budget. Also buff 2h range, or nerf foil range, one or the other. That seems silly.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I’m starting to get antsy with my cyclone guy — what’s another dope build that’s good for Legion content?

Is Ranger good at anything this league? It’s the only class I’ve never ascended.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Aerox posted:

I’m starting to get antsy with my cyclone guy — what’s another dope build that’s good for Legion content?

Is Ranger good at anything this league? It’s the only class I’ve never ascended.

Pathfinders are pretty much perennially good at everything.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Aerox posted:

anything with a lot of chain should be pretty fun

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Eminai posted:

I'm considering switching from my Doomsower to dw with foils too but i'm a bit wary of the price... but my dream of getting a starforge was more expensive than i thought.

I guess I could start with dual ahn's mights...

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Aerox posted:

ED/Contagion basically dumps on the Legion, at least so far (act 8 I think).

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

what ring base, what else is on the ring, and what is your build

can't read

Im using Brutality support so I dont think the fire damage does anything, trade macro says i could prob grab 10c from it for other gear, but if its going to be good for a minute i can def use the red socket for vaal double strike link.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brutality does in fact cancel any benefit of Herald if Ash

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

bear in mind that if you use the trade macro you should turn off the ~machine learning~ because it sucks rear end

This reminds me, I wanna make a new OP and have a big sparkly gif that says that

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
At least you can add some cool mtx :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
How does elemental hit's built-in "aoe damage on hit" work with the melee changes? Does the aoe shotgun if hit you hit multiple mobs close to each other?