Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm gonna throw my opinion out there, I dunno about the exact women being discussed but I think a 300-350 lb deadlift is perfectly achievable for most natty women. IIRC their lower body strength is actually close to men's when accounting for body weight.

Yeah I work out with quite a few women who are natty who do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

nooneofconsequence posted:

If I know what he's talking about it was Dana Linn Bailey and some obviously juiced crossfit girl. And Maddie Forsberg who I won't judge.

e: too be clear I don't care if anyone takes steroids. Steroids are cool.

You right. Steroids are the only way I can see them doing the crossfit challenge.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

It was a perfect representation that their crossfitter was just coming off a major back injury.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I squatted three plates + today for the first time.

Progress is good and consistent gym going is also good.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
My number is stupid and bad but I hit 155 on strict press today! In a small deficit, even. Feel like I could have hit 160 if I didn't jump straight to 165 afterward and fail it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By3NWX8APcz/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

My number is stupid and bad but I hit 155 on strict press today! In a small deficit, even. Feel like I could have hit 160 if I didn't jump straight to 165 afterward and fail it.

Yeah I’ve found that with the strict especially on PRs you need to go in small increments. Hell I’ve gone up 2.5lbs on the strict because for me once I fail I’m pretty much done for the day with it.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
While we are chit chatting, why don't you turds tell me what you think of my AtS 2.0 set up. To explain how AtS 2 works, the T1 and T2 lifts are assigned a certain amount of reps and a certain percentage each day, and you are supposed to do as many sets as you can until you hit your target RPE. So for example, OHP one day might be 120x4 until RPE 8. The progression in baked into those and you choose your T2 lifts and accessories. I want to try the 5 day full body template, but I find figuring out your accessories is harder that way compared to choosing them for an upper lower split or something. So here it is so far - However, on any T2 exercises that are DB lifts, I'll probably just use a standard double progresson of 3x8-12 because using the AtS progression won't work well with the increments DBs go up in.

Day 1
Comp Squat T1
DB OHP T2
Acc- Pull ups, Lateral Raises, Face Pulls, Cable OH Tricep Ext, EZ Bar curls

Day 2
Comp Bench T1
Leg Press T2
Acc- Chest supported machine rows, cable flies, straight arm pushdowns(a standing lat pullover with the cable basically)

Day 3
Comp Deadlift T1
Close Grip BP T2
Acc- Banded DB Pullovers, DB Hammer Curls and band pull-aparts

Day 4
OHP T1
Paused Squat T2
Acc- Pull ups, Lateral Raises, OH Tricep Extensions, Step ups

Day 5
DB Bench Press T2
1 Leg Romanian Deadlifts T2
Acc- Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns, bodyweight dips, face pulls, Cable Curl with EZ attach.

That's basically it. I don't want to fill it up with too much trash volume, though. I'm thinking just standard 3 sets of 8-15 for the small acc stuff, depending on what it is. I'm planning on being in a surplus when I start this and really want to bring up my upper body and pack on some muscle, hence why the most of my accessory stuff is upper body things. As far as rest days, I'm thinking of putting one after Day 3, and the other one after day 5 maybe. Right now my weakness in lower body are definitely quads with a strong posterior chain, and upper body my triceps feel like the weak link, although they have improved a bit lately.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 18, 2019

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

While we are chit chatting, why don't you turds

Stopped reading here.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i hope your shoulder falls off

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Nice OHP

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

double overhand?

Yup.

UnfurledSails posted:

I feel like if you are double overhanding a PR you can definitely go higher unless you are a beginner?

I feel like you are correct. It went up surprisingly easy.

bomb posted:

Welcome to the 4 plate club friend

Thanks bud. Things look nice around here. But I want into the 5 plate club.

Green Crayons fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 19, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Having a dad that owns a slaughter house makes meal prep awesome.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
That is nice, I do hope however that there are some veggies out of frame somewhere that will get added to that. You need your micros too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Helios Grime posted:

That is nice, I do hope however that there are some veggies out of frame somewhere that will get added to that. You need your micros too.

Yeah 1 cup of broccoli per dish.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I tried the Stan Efferding way, but too much red meat makes me feel like garbage compared to chicken, which I can eat tons of without any issues.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

MarcusSA posted:

Having a dad that owns a slaughter house makes meal prep awesome.

I said out loud "HAchi MACHI" when I saw this picture so mission accomplished I guess.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

a meal should have more colors than just brown, imo

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
throw in some asparagus and cherry tomatoes and you have a good meal imo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

very easy to turn that rice into veggie stir fry

another one I do is quinoa/kale/sweet potato

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
there's this breakfast place called first watch that had this dope ancient grain blend of quinoa, millet, and brown rice i think. how do i make that poo poo

e: doesnt stan also recommend the beeef be grass-fed?

barkbell fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 19, 2019

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I don't eat beef.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Got told not to drop the bumper plates onto the padded floor from like knee height after cleans. "It's too much weight if you can't put it down." lol okay.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Got told not to drop the bumper plates onto the padded floor from like knee height after cleans. "It's too much weight if you can't put it down." lol okay.

You can talk all the poo poo you want about the line of fitness centers mentioned in the thread title here but I know a lot of people who have worked out a deal with someone who owns a "box" and lets them use rack space as needed so they can just loving powerlift without some fat middle aged woman sounding the lunk alarm on them.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

While we are chit chatting, why don't you turds tell me what you think of my AtS 2.0 set up.

Oh hey that's me!

Seems good enough. You probably don't need to hit lats 5x/week though, lol. Throw some ab work in there.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

not...drop...bumper plates...padded floor...after cleans

none of this parses properly to my walnut brain as that's exactly what that setup is for, unless that was a rando giving unsolicited advice or a trainer who needs to find another line of work

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Got a mass email from my gym owner today

Paraphrased;
There is no filming to be done in the gym without prior permission
Do not film every single set of your workout, that's stupid
Do not use gym equipment as a tripod
Do not attempt to block other gym patrons from equipment because you're filming
If you do any of the above you will be banned.

My GF said he went around this morning slapping stickers on the benches, boxes, etc which say "THIS IS NOT A TRIPOD DO NOT USE FOR FILMING"

Praise be.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

ElectricSheep posted:

none of this parses properly to my walnut brain as that's exactly what that setup is for, unless that was a rando giving unsolicited advice or a trainer who needs to find another line of work

You read it right. The issue is the weight room is on the second floor of the gym. Still stupid, I was told it's because of noise. Anyway I'm pretty loving considerate. I don't drop my deadlifts, I don't drop the bar from overhead (as much as I want to). The 3 people downstairs can deal with a little noise once every 5 minutes a couple times a week when I feel like avoiding the extra stress on my shoulders/lower back.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

barkbell posted:

e: doesnt stan also recommend the beeef be grass-fed?
Yeah but Stan says a lot of things that are just pointless nitpicking. The nutritional difference of grass fed beef vs grain is so small it doesn't matter.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Maybe he just likes that it's better for the cows.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
aren't the fat differences pretty large?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

The difference in grass vs grain in 4oz of bottom round lean only is 10 calories according to the usda. If you mean actual make up of the fat I haven't looked in a while but I think grass fed has higher levels of omega 3 but that doesn't matter because neither is a good source.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Guyver posted:

Yeah but Stan says a lot of things that are just pointless nitpicking. The nutritional difference of grass fed beef vs grain is so small it doesn't matter.

I’m not gonna talk about nutrition but I will absolutely say that for me grass fed digests so much better it’s not even funny.

Brian Shaw has said the same thing.

I can definitely tell the difference and honestly before I thought it was a bunch of horse poo poo but grass fed is better for me and I’ll avoid corn fed if possible.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

Coming down in weight so I get to be weak as gently caress. On the bright side, knurling on the new bars is aggressive enough combined with the warmer weather that I don't need chalk anymore.

Unfortunately I dropped said bar on my toe. Life is suffering.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ain’t as strong as some of you but I benched 250 today.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

Got a mass email from my gym owner today

Paraphrased;
There is no filming to be done in the gym without prior permission
Do not film every single set of your workout, that's stupid
Do not use gym equipment as a tripod
Do not attempt to block other gym patrons from equipment because you're filming
If you do any of the above you will be banned.

My GF said he went around this morning slapping stickers on the benches, boxes, etc which say "THIS IS NOT A TRIPOD DO NOT USE FOR FILMING"

Praise be.

I hope this shakes down to west as well. Everyone uses the bench boards as tripods. Those boards are for me to shove under my shirt so i dont have to ask any of those lousy youths to hold the board for me

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

david carmichael posted:

I hope this shakes down to west as well. Everyone uses the bench boards as tripods. Those boards are for me to shove under my shirt so i dont have to ask any of those lousy youths to hold the board for me

So was just there doing BENCH DAY BRO and the owner was talking to one of the members about the email. Imagine Henry Rollin's golden-gloves doppleganger and you'll get the tone and energy

"Why the gently caress do you need to film every set? Why the gently caress do you need to film your warm ups? You're gonna throw a bench in the middle of the turf to hold your loving phone? gently caress that."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edUnXSmrDiI

strong girls

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

MarcusSA posted:

Ain’t as strong as some of you but I benched 250 today.

Rad dude! I benched 3x3@255lbs and the trainer who gave me a spot didn't have anything critical to say about my form or ROM, then gave me some tips regarding progressive overload, a thing I had only seen mentioned in passing itt

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Rad dude! I benched 3x3@255lbs and the trainer who gave me a spot didn't have anything critical to say about my form or ROM, then gave me some tips regarding progressive overload, a thing I had only seen mentioned in passing itt

Good stuff my man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

david carmichael posted:

You go to weird hosed up gyms

I go to a lovely chain gym but no one there is filming themselves or using equipment as tripods. They go into the locker rooms or toilets to take pictures of themselves like god intended