Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cadence is a great game to replay because the default story seed is very tuned for ease of experience and once you start inputting random seeds or trying permadeath all bets are off. The scope of the randomizer is really impressive. I was seeing enemies in the first five minutes of my second playthrough that I never even saw through my entire default run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm happy that Trubbish and Vanillite exist because they are lightning rods for bad opinion havers. A Literal Trash bag is such an easy target that they can't help but attack him and ignore what a lovable little scamp he is. Trubbish is good.

I have to hand it to the devs, telling people "not everyone will be back" while confirming Garbador and Vanillite made it is S-tier level trolling and I genuinely applaud it

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm happy that Trubbish and Vanillite exist because they are lightning rods for bad opinion havers. A Literal Trash bag is such an easy target that they can't help but attack him and ignore what a lovable little scamp he is. Trubbish is good.

Also, the potential for alternate forms is untapped.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Trubbish is good. Gen V is good. Great even.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I dunno I’d be much happier of Pokémon was just weird offset animals and all the bullshit Pokémon could just go to Yokai Watch where they’d belong and fit in.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

I dunno I’d be much happier of Pokémon was just weird offset animals and all the bullshit Pokémon could just go to Yokai Watch where they’d belong and fit in.

Look at this guy wanting animals instead of monsters in his pocket monster game.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I mean Grimer/Muk was just a pool of sludge that got hit by a beam of moonlight and came alive I don't know what to tell ya.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if you don't like trubbish then quite frankly i don't like you

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

No.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bust Rodd posted:

Some Pokémon, like the literal Trash Bag Pokemon, are inexcusably poorly designed and drag the series down

Imaging wanting to make a point but also choosing to just completely invalidate any opinions you might have with a terrible take like this one

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

American McGay posted:

Cadence is a great game to replay because the default story seed is very tuned for ease of experience and once you start inputting random seeds or trying permadeath all bets are off. The scope of the randomizer is really impressive. I was seeing enemies in the first five minutes of my second playthrough that I never even saw through my entire default run.

Even on regular story mode, it's impressively varied. It does tend to trend easier, so I don't know if it's using different rules to generate the world or it has an internal list of predetermined "easy" seeds it chooses from or what. All I know is that my second story mode run had me running into puzzles and overworld tiles that I hadn't seen at all before.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I found the PICO-8 in Celeste last night and my heart melted (then my fingers cramped).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
gently caress all y’all Pokémon is about fire lizards and water turtles and plant bears and lightning bunnies, Pokémon isn’t about ice cream and bags of garbage.

I was the first kid in my whole school to get all 150 monsters, I know what I’m talking about.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kaubocks posted:

if you don't like trubbish then quite frankly i don't like you

:same:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Celeste owns so much, I actually just played it again last time for the first time since last year, grabbed a couple strawberries I had missed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

gently caress all y’all Pokémon is about fire lizards and water turtles and plant bears and lightning bunnies, Pokémon isn’t about ice cream and bags of garbage.

I was the first kid in my whole school to get all 150 monsters, I know what I’m talking about.

don't forget magnets

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

or blackface

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

Alright buddy let's see you come up with 1000 animal based Pokemon.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Trubbish is good. Gen V is good. Great even.

Gen V was truly the last great gen. It all went downhill once they transitioned to 3D.

Dunno why people get so hung up on Trubbish and Vanillite when half of Gen 1's designs were either a ball with eyes or a puddle of goop with eyes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Meet the evolved form of Diglett: Three Digletts

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Augus posted:

That's great though

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what animal is voltorb based on

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Augus posted:

Voltorb is based off of deez.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Skratchez posted:

Okay. Come to think of it we had 1.5 parents and my brother got a Game Gear and a Dreamcast. :ohdear:

Once we got an n64, my dad became a jerk and wouldn't let us play it outside of his room after telling my mom that it was for the family. So my brother and I would put in together on systems thanks to working for my grandfather and uncle during the summer. We had the Dreamcast, GameCube and ps2. When our parents would ground us to our room, they would try to take our systems but couldn't because we'd remind them we paid for them.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Augus posted:

Based on it’s height-to-width ratio, your mom.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr. Locke posted:

Based on it’s height-to-width ratio, your mom.

harsh but fair

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Garbodor decks in TCG were good/fun and Trubbish is cute so I think trash bag pokemon are good.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CRAYON posted:

Garbodor decks in TCG were good/fun and Trubbish is cute so I think trash bag pokemon are good.

I was once gifted a Garbodor avatar because I"m generally disliked, but hell Garbodor rules, so they owned themselves by spending :10bux:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Voltorb is based off of deez.

Deez nuts, in case you were wondering.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Huxley posted:

Oh man, I found the PICO-8 in Celeste last night and my heart melted (then my fingers cramped).

When I found that I just stayed there until I completed it
That was quite something

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Augus posted:

It's actually a subterranean hydra. There's a reason you never see the body. :pseudo:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

When I found that I just stayed there until I completed it
That was quite something

I told myself I was going to do that, too. Then my brain fried at around 1 am a third of the way through, and I'll probably just keep advancing the game when I get home.

I wonder if the easy-mode stuff extends to it.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

Once we got an n64, my dad became a jerk and wouldn't let us play it outside of his room after telling my mom that it was for the family. So my brother and I would put in together on systems thanks to working for my grandfather and uncle during the summer. We had the Dreamcast, GameCube and ps2. When our parents would ground us to our room, they would try to take our systems but couldn't because we'd remind them we paid for them.

My brother and I had to play the SNES in the hallway and my dad threw it down the stairs shouting Ninted-no! And yeah we bought that one together. Still worked ofc.

Then he went in on the PS1 because he liked Ridge Racer and then we traded that up to an N64 which did not interest him at all even though he used to like Mario before it got all 3d.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

one time i booted my wife's old copy of pokemon black and it turns out she named her garbodor after me and i've never felt so owned in my life before

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

bushisms.txt posted:

When our parents would ground us to our room, they would try to take our systems but couldn't because we'd remind them we paid for them.

Your parents must have been pushovers. Mine would have laughed as they took the cables if I tried that line of reasoning.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

American McGay posted:

Alright buddy let's see you come up with 1000 animal based Pokemon.

Nah, the game would be fine with like the good 300-400 designs and jettisoning the 600 bad ones.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Beastie posted:

Your parents must have been pushovers. Mine would have laughed as they took the cables if I tried that line of reasoning.

Lmao no, we got beat black and blue. We just used their own rules and words against them. That's how they would take our bikes away.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Skratchez posted:

My brother and I had to play the SNES in the hallway and my dad threw it down the stairs shouting Ninted-no! And yeah we bought that one together. Still worked ofc.

that is a solid burn but went too far with the console throwing

Kaubocks posted:

one time i booted my wife's old copy of pokemon black and it turns out she named her garbodor after me and i've never felt so owned in my life before

fookin :lol: shes a keeper

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Nah, the game would be fine with like the good 300-400 designs and jettisoning the 600 bad ones.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Bust Rodd posted:

Every pokemon is someone's favorite. What is good to you is not good to others and vice versa. I assume you are an adult and understand the concept.

Personally I wish they'd just stuck to 2.5d for forever. Also tone down the POWER of FRIENDSHIP plot poo poo. In sun when it introduces all those kids to you and it's like these are your FRIENDS I'm just like I do not know any of you fuckers. You are not my friends.