Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Huh, I figured out the gimmick to Gebels fight on pure accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Pureauthor posted:

-HP/MP Ups that were found were all restored.
-A bunch of opened chests were reset.

But the game breaker is:

-A bunch of unopened chests are now registered as opened. Including one that held a plot critical item needed to advance. If you haven't yet gotten to the chest, you're hosed on that playthrough.

yeesh, what triggered this bug?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Deified Data posted:

yeesh, what triggered this bug?

The patch probably touched a flag it shouldn't have

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

The patch probably touched a flag it shouldn't have

So if you started before the flag are you hosed? Want to know if I should just start over now.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I've read the chest is in the tower area and you can see the chest from the start of that zone, but you dont open it until after the boss.

I just got to that area before calling it for the night and now I'm sitting at work worried about having to start over.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Deified Data posted:

So if you started before the flag are you hosed? Want to know if I should just start over now.

I'd like to know too :v:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

It's the chest at the bottom of the right hand tower of the Twin Towers. You can't access it until after the Twin Dragon boss, but can see it when you reach that general area by going right as far as you can when you see the first tower.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Okay I should be good then, I haven't reached that area yet.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of ammo ups what's the starting default maximum for SP/HP rounds? I only have like ten anyway but I want to know if I should be judicious in using them or just pull my gats out at will (I know I have infinite lovely ammo but still)

If you equip a gun it will show the maximum under your current ammo count in the top left. E.G. on the galleon before any upgrades you'll have "10/29" SP bullets, meaning the max you can carry is 29.

I haven't used guns or bullets at all so far except as crafting ingredients. Why would I spend my hard-earned money and materials on single-use bullets that do damage equal to or slightly less than my main weapon when I could use ranged-attack magic for free and do more damage?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Fuzz posted:

Can you edit it in after you've started?

Yes, you can attach your backer ID at any time from what I saw. I had already played a few hours before remembering about it, so I just picked my save file and hit Y for "Options".

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

RBA Starblade posted:

I guess I just haven't gotten a second weapon that can yet? Only the kung fu shoes responded to hadoukens so far. I love how much hidden poo poo there is so far and how smug I felt when I used the kung fu UN DEUX TRfuck to get to something early

the what now?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The kung fu shoes hadouken tech moves you forward in mid air. It's handy!

Deified Data posted:

Okay I should be good then, I haven't reached that area yet.

Wouldn't that be bad since it means it'll already be open?

I'm like a couple hours in so I may as well restart

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

The kung fu shoes hadouken tech moves you forward in mid air. It's handy!

Wouldn't that be bad since it means it'll already be open?

I'm like a couple hours in so I may as well restart

Oh I misunderstood...poo poo.

I should probably just suck it up and restart just to be safe, I'm only 2-3 hours in.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Annath posted:

Did they offer an explanation for why the Switch version is delayed a week?

It can't possibly be for developement reasons, the game had to have gone gold weeks ago.

I don't know if they officially announced something, but if you look at the PAX East update from April, they were still optimizing a build for the final release.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone with a 1920 x 1200 monitor: use 'fullscreen borderless' mode, which is actually fullscreen BORDERFUL mode. It will make your aspect ratio correct and add a top and bottom border.

Also, has anyone else got sekiro/souls /hollow knight itis? I was doing a boss and thought "when I get really good at the boss I'll use my potions". I did, and still died. I then noticed later that I still had those potions when I reloaded. I'm used to using things up and them being gone forever. That's a weird thing to be used to!

Finally: did anyone else find curse of the moon too hard and old school? Should I go back and try it some more? I never played the old original castlevanias.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I guess I’m a bit stuck right now. I’ve just gotten the invert power here in the late game, so I’ve been trying to figure out where to go, and I’m quickly running out of places to check. I’m sure that I’ve missed something, but right now, the only leads that I can think of are the top of the entrance hall of the castle, but that’s a path blocked with spikes, and then I spotted a door to another area near the top of the leftmost cathedral bell tower, but I can’t seem to reach it from this side?

Where should I go and how the hell do I even get there?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

redreader posted:

Also, has anyone else got sekiro/souls /hollow knight itis? I was doing a boss and thought "when I get really good at the boss I'll use my potions". I did, and still died. I then noticed later that I still had those potions when I reloaded. I'm used to using things up and them being gone forever. That's a weird thing to be used to!

The only thought of Hollow Knight I've had in the past 24 hours is how much I'll never want to play that poo poo ever again and just want Iga to keep making these games so nobody else has to.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Givin posted:

The only thought of Hollow Knight I've had in the past 24 hours is how much I'll never want to play that poo poo ever again and just want Iga to keep making these games so nobody else has to.

Begone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Givin posted:

Yes

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

redreader posted:

Finally: did anyone else find curse of the moon too hard and old school? Should I go back and try it some more? I never played the old original castlevanias.

Curse of the Moon is a lot easier than OG Castlevania because you can freely and quickly switch between 4 different characters, assuming you get them all, which not only gives you a huge range of abilities, also gives you a lot of HP to work with if you're good at managing your life bars. You can also turn off the "get knocked back on hit" thing when you start/load a file, which makes the game waaaay more manageable. I'd say you should go back and give it another go, but if you were finding it rough, see about turning down some of the difficulty options.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

XavierGenisi posted:

I guess I’m a bit stuck right now. I’ve just gotten the invert power here in the late game, so I’ve been trying to figure out where to go, and I’m quickly running out of places to check. I’m sure that I’ve missed something, but right now, the only leads that I can think of are the top of the entrance hall of the castle, but that’s a path blocked with spikes, and then I spotted a door to another area near the top of the leftmost cathedral bell tower, but I can’t seem to reach it from this side?

Where should I go and how the hell do I even get there?

There is an armor you can get in the same area as the clocktower boss was once you have the invert power, you can use that to traverse the spikes.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Apparently they released 1.02 patch that includes a lot of balance changes, swaps chest contents and can potentially break older save files because of this?

Or so I heard.

I think I'll just start a new game tonight. Wasnt so far anyway

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Givin posted:

Both games can be good. I like Hollow Knight’s art and music more than this games even if I think this game has more mechanical depth.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Am I in the future or something, because I have 1.04 on gog.com.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Played the ship and everything is perfect and I can't get enough of the music either. Hot diggity I've missed igavanias.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Broken Cog posted:

There is an armor you can get in the same area as the clocktower boss was once you have the invert power, you can use that to traverse the spikes.

Man, that’s actually quite devilishly hidden.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Playing on PC, I've twice now had the game freeze and become completely unresponsive right when an enemy died, although I guess it wasn't completely frozen since the background music was still playing.

Both times I had to force-quit the game and start from my last save again.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

Yes and yes. On the first boss my thinking for the first attempt was "I should hold onto my potions until I know what I'm doing since I won't be able to get more if I need them", then like an idiot I was surprised to find them back in my inventory when I inevitably died from not healing. It's a double-edged sword though because it really reminds you of how forgiving the Souls-style "die but keep all your poo poo" system is.

And yeah I didn't get too far in Curse of the Moon either.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I am getting pumped to see how bad people on Twitter freak the gently caress out when they inevitably post that they still don't have the NA PS4 codes.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I just want to play the videogame.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh wow I was talking to zangetsu and I was wondering why I recognised his voice!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I've had a bunch of freezes (about 5 in 3.5 hours), mostly on the inventory screen. I had one freeze when reading a book and I paged out and back, and the game was running properly. All other freezes have made me need to end the process in task manager.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What's the multiplayer features? Was sadly ogling the Ps4 release while I wait for Switch and saw it had MP.

Shoehead posted:

Oh wow I was talking to zangetsu and I was wondering why I recognised his voice!

kept you waiting

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

RichterIX posted:

I am getting pumped to see how bad people on Twitter freak the gently caress out when they inevitably post that they still don't have the NA PS4 codes.

I salt my fries with Kickstarter comments.

Seriously, it's annoying, but they act like it's the end of the world. I'm going to have to sit on my crap internet's download times anyway, so I'm not too broken up about it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ok read some stuff about gamebreaking bugs but i havent started yet, am i ok to start this and play it? really itching to get goin

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

MotU posted:

ok read some stuff about gamebreaking bugs but i havent started yet, am i ok to start this and play it? really itching to get goin

The bugs are only happening if you played the game before the actual release and then patched your game with the day 1 patch, if you're starting today from the latest patch you shouldn't have those issues.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Phantasium posted:

The bugs are only happening if you played the game before the actual release and then patched your game with the day 1 patch, if you're starting today from the latest patch you shouldn't have those issues.

Until the next patch anyway

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RichterIX posted:

Until the next patch anyway

Maybe! Who knows?!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh ok, so the only people getting owned are the ones who broke street date? Seems rough, but the devs can’t be expected to plan for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why wait for the fanmade randomizer mods when you can just have the developers patch them into the game in real time?