Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Motherfucker posted:

I like the guy on the slug horse who is clearly a veteran of the battle at the vault of yre.

The best part is you can't tell whose side he was on, he's wearing preist of the count jewlery and wielding their weapons but the armor is of mottom's army and so is the horse.

Who are you talking about? I've looked all over the page and I don't see anyone that looks like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Who are you talking about? I've looked all over the page and I don't see anyone that looks like that.

This mad lad. Although taking a closer look I might be wrong.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, I don't see anything there that especially jumps out as being from either Mottom or Mammon's army. MAYBE the powered spear, but that's a stretch. And Mottoms' mounts were mostly beaked raptors.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I thought these lads were extinct

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

I thought these lads were extinct

The servant race is widespread. Mammon just killed his particular family and not the entire race.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Only the family line of Mammon are all dead. There were others.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
They all look related if you ask me.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

YaketySass posted:

They all look related if you ask me.

yeah well, they probably feel the same way about humans

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Begemot posted:

I love that scribe in the lower left writing on old timey scrolls with a Nintendo Switch sitting on his table :allears:

that's an inkstone

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Brought To You By posted:

The servant race is widespread.

"Servant" technically refers to any non-human, non-angel, non-devil race that were created by the gods previously to humans, each for a specific task - the Goblins were made to clean the sewers of Throne, for instance. The name for Mammon's Servant race is "The Kind People", although they're nicknamed dragons. And yeah, there's still plenty of them left.

Edit: you know, I didn't even think about/notice this until now, but...

Mammon doesn't have those mouthfingers. He must have lost them at some point. Essentially, he has no arms or hands!

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 19, 2019

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I can't believe one of the gods is basically an oversized horse.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

I can't believe one of the gods is basically an oversized horse.

That's oversimplifing the race a lot - here, from the author:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Mammon's head design changed a lot between flashbacks and his first actual appearance. Compare:

and

Could be that's how his species look when they reach a certain age, but it's more likely just the art evolving.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YaketySass posted:

Mammon's head design changed a lot between flashbacks and his first actual appearance. Compare:

and

Could be that's how his species look when they reach a certain age, but it's more likely just the art evolving.

I see the fingers in the first image, and they're gone in the next 3 images. Otherwise the differences just do look like the art changing. So yeah, I think he lost his fingers at some point, whether it was in battle or just rotting away from overgrowing.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's oversimplifing the race a lot - here, from the author:

I can't believe one of the gods is an oversized, really talented horse.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I see the fingers in the first image, and they're gone in the next 3 images. Otherwise the differences just do look like the art changing. So yeah, I think he lost his fingers at some point, whether it was in battle or just rotting away from overgrowing.

You can still see that ridge in the middle of his snout, like his fingers became the snout or something as he kept growing.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

My perception of the whole mamon having jaws thing is he sorta became 'the great dragon', you can kinda see how his mouth parts were and yet he seems a little... twisted into form. Plus he seems loving enormous compared to his species. Fits with the soulsy sorta vibe he puts out.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The Kind People continue to grow throughout their lives; I assume that Mammon is so enormous compared to the rest of his race because (like the other Demiurges) he has prolonged his life well beyond the normal range. I would guess that most of the Kind People die much smaller from natural causes before they can reach his size. Possibly another effect of that is that as he has gotten so immense his body has warped in other ways too.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dr Subterfuge posted:

You can still see that ridge in the middle of his snout, like his fingers became the snout or something as he kept growing.

Not really seeing that...? I see a hole that looks like where a nose should be - it's probably where the fingers used to grow and now are just gone.

Motherfucker posted:

My perception of the whole mamon having jaws thing is he sorta became 'the great dragon', you can kinda see how his mouth parts were and yet he seems a little... twisted into form. Plus he seems loving enormous compared to his species. Fits with the soulsy sorta vibe he puts out.

You know how people say alligators/crocodiles never stop growing? I'm pretty sure that's basically true for his species. Servants are effectively immortal when it comes to aging (mortality was introduced with humans), but they can still be killed through normal means... And he's what happens when that never happens for thousands of years, and just keep growing.

Ashcans posted:

The Kind People continue to grow throughout their lives; I assume that Mammon is so enormous compared to the rest of his race because (like the other Demiurges) he has prolonged his life well beyond the normal range. I would guess that most of the Kind People die much smaller from natural causes before they can reach his size. Possibly another effect of that is that as he has gotten so immense his body has warped in other ways too.

Right, except that all Servants are immortal and won't ever die of "natural causes" (i.e. aging).

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 19, 2019

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
He still has his mouth fingers, they're the red parts of his face.

They're just stuck in the elongated position now. Arthritis is a thing for dragon servants too, I guess.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cat Mattress posted:

He still has his mouth fingers, they're the red parts of his face.

They're just stuck in the elongated position now. Arthritis is a thing for dragon servants too, I guess.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure that's the four sets of jaws/teeth mentioned in the race description that are normally not visible. The teeth are not normally part of the fingers.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

A small aside courtesy of the RPG - the kind people are profoundly subservient, and loyalty is the highest virtue. Mammon being a master unto himself is regarded as a degenerate and is extremely loathed for that.

Note that this isn't a general thing of Servants - Goblins have no such taboo obviously, and Rootless are mostly hobos.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure that's the four sets of jaws/teeth mentioned in the race description that are normally not visible. The teeth are not normally part of the fingers.

I read the bit about the mouth parts hiding four sets of teeth kind of like they're supposed to be retractable. Like cat claws but through the whole length of the "finger". For Mammon they all stick out now.

Also I'm the Arzach wannabe, on the left side of the image, with the Arzach hat.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Could be! Clearly, at the very least, his are longer than the normal Kind Person. They seem to be separate from the mouthfingers I'm referring to, though.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Cat Mattress posted:

Also I'm the Arzach wannabe, on the left side of the image, with the Arzach hat.

I kept thinking the page is the most Mœbius the comic has been in quite a while.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dang, even Sithrak is here

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Shugojin posted:

Dang, even Sithrak is here

Isn't that just Jugg?

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I'm the giant housecat who is a sphinx from the neck up. I mean, like a hairless manx, not a real sphinx. But also quite possibly a real sphinx.

C'mon, don't hotlink giant bandwidth eating images, pal.

My data is capped, and my day is ruined.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Not really seeing that...? I see a hole that looks like where a nose should be - it's probably where the fingers used to grow and now are just gone.

You know how people say alligators/crocodiles never stop growing? I'm pretty sure that's basically true for his species. Servants are effectively immortal when it comes to aging (mortality was introduced with humans), but they can still be killed through normal means... And he's what happens when that never happens for thousands of years, and just keep growing.

Right, except that all Servants are immortal and won't ever die of "natural causes" (i.e. aging).

The hive mind servants only live 20-30 years, but that’s because there was supposed to only be one mind and the individuals were disposable.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Sasquatch here and ready to squash the competition.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Solomon wants his biggest statues to be pants-less, is what I'm getting from this page.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Mouse deer lady will win at least one round. She's got the fury but not the dumbass and will be forced to drop out quick.

Also what's the words and their colors again? Green is beast and I only remember cause it was two pages ago

E: the bird pilots probably have one of the best jobs you can get

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 20, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The question is whose Allison gonna get to sell her merch?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be slightly worried passing under any of those arches while giant budgies are using them as perches.

Do you want to be the newspaper lining the bottom of the cage? Exactly.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Also what's the words and their colors again? Green is beast and I only remember cause it was two pages ago

So far, it's orange -> Glory, pink/red-> Flame, yellow/gold -> Tower, purple -> Diamond, green -> Beast, but there's no indication that these are fixed and that the demiurges aren't just adjusting their flames to the color palette they've adopted.

I bet Jadis ends up being Blade and Jagganoth, Mind.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jun 20, 2019

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I spent a good bit of time looking for loss on this page

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
those super big flat samurai hats kick rear end.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PathAsc posted:

I spent a good bit of time looking for loss on this page

it was an edit last time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

Sasquatch here and ready to squash the competition.

That's no Sasquatch, that's clearly Norgal, the Head Lopper.