Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

We're gonna watch some more later thanks for the suggestions. There's seriously too much good poo poo.

I'm going with

the gummi venus
milpool
bart on the road
homer in space

If we get further than that I can take it from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Throw all of those in the trash and watch Hank Scorpio

And then dig them out of the trash because they're good episodes

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Tom Gorman posted:

We're gonna watch some more later thanks for the suggestions. There's seriously too much good poo poo.

I'm going with

the gummi venus
milpool
bart on the road
homer in space

If we get further than that I can take it from there

A good list.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Who What Now posted:

Throw all of those in the trash and watch Hank Scorpio

And then dig them out of the trash because they're good episodes

You Only Move Twice is one of the greatest episodes, but not one to introduce the show.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Solid choices. Not what I would've done but pobody's nerfect.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Why has no one mentioned Lisa on Ice yet

we came for blood

also it has THE greatest line in simpsons history "I asked for ketchup! I'm eating salad here!"

they're gonna take Moe's thumbs?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The real answer is you just start watching all the episodes starting from season 3

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Stairmaster posted:

The real answer is you just start watching all the episodes starting from season 3

I did this and am halfway through season 30 now. :suicide:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Principal and the pauper

sincerely. love how it does a thing, then just throws it out. only get to do that once, maybe three times, max before it looses its oomph.

watch from s3 to 11 or 13, i forget

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

Holy smokes. You need booze.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Alright, you asked for it I'm nobody is going to enjoy this...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Uncle Wemus fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 19, 2019

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hahahahha

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

:neckbeard:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Australia Simpson memes never disappoint

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Red posted:

You Only Move Twice is one of the greatest episodes, but not one to introduce the show.

I feel the same way about A Fish Called Selma.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Punk da Bundo posted:

Australia Simpson memes never disappoint

yeah tobias posting is my favourite

just a little kid telling someone "nah gently caress off oval office" lmao

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No , I said he sleeps with the fishes..

Boss please , I just ate a big plate of Dingamagoo

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SplitSoul posted:

confirm a theory for me: if not good, are newer simpsons episodes improved on a rewatch?

it's been way too long since i bothered to sit down and watch it but i remember catching a relatively new episode on two airings in a week and the second time it just seemed... funnier somehow, like i could actually catch the jokes in the background etc

(i don't remember the episode but it had some kind of mario bros/donkey kong joke at one point)

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Yesss thank you! Just double post next time, I requested one like this a while ago but I would have missed it if it weren’t quoted because I’d already seen your post

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dewgy posted:

confirm a theory for me: if not good, are newer simpsons episodes improved on a rewatch?

it's been way too long since i bothered to sit down and watch it but i remember catching a relatively new episode on two airings in a week and the second time it just seemed... funnier somehow, like i could actually catch the jokes in the background etc

(i don't remember the episode but it had some kind of mario bros/donkey kong joke at one point)

lol if you are lucky , if , a new Simpsons will make you laugh out loud once.

the Simpsons memes are better than 22 minutes of “oh that’s...clever” or “heh”

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Punk da Bundo posted:

lol if you are lucky , if , a new Simpsons will make you laugh out loud once.

the Simpsons memes are better than 22 minutes of “oh that’s...clever” or “heh”

yeah but comparing most things to how funny simpsons memes are is just not a fair fight tbh

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Dewgy posted:

I just get mad and give up whenever I watch the last few seasons because of just how outright bland, corporate, and lamely neoliberal the "humor" is, but I hung in there longer than most. I used to be in the "hate everything after season 10" crowd, but on rewatch these days I can generally find myself laughing quite a bit at seasons 11-20-ish. It's kind of a matter of letting go of my baggage about the perfect seasons and appreciating the dryer, sillier, and more meta tone of everything that came after. Some episodes are downright awful but most at least have a few solid bizarre lines or sight gags that I enjoy rediscovering. A few episodes are genuinely very solid IMHO, albeit maybe in a different way than the golden era.

I have the notion sometimes to write up a playlist of my favorite episodes from the post-prime era though honestly it's hard to guarantee I can remember them all correctly and I suspect I'm probably setting myself up for a bunch of "no, actually, this is awful" responses.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I just get mad and give up whenever I watch the last few seasons because of just how outright bland, corporate, and lamely neoliberal the "humor" is, but I hung in there longer than most. I used to be in the "hate everything after season 10" crowd, but on rewatch these days I can generally find myself laughing quite a bit at seasons 11-20-ish. It's kind of a matter of letting go of my baggage about the perfect seasons and appreciating the dryer, sillier, and more meta tone of everything that came after. Some episodes are downright awful but most at least have a few solid bizarre lines or sight gags that I enjoy rediscovering. A few episodes are genuinely very solid IMHO, albeit maybe in a different way than the golden era.

I have the notion sometimes to write up a playlist of my favorite episodes from the post-prime era though honestly it's hard to guarantee I can remember them all correctly and I suspect I'm probably setting myself up for a bunch of "no, actually, this is awful" responses.

I can't even stand looking at the animation from the newer seasons. It's hideously uniform. There's something disgusting about the posture of the figures. The classic art is organic and grotesque, whereas the new stuff is sterile and uncanny.

ie

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
New Simpsons is bad and there is no reason to watch it when you can watch 3-9 on an endless loop.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dewgy posted:

No. Like, there'll be a funny homerism here or there, but the rest is poo poo like Marge getting a makeover and being mistaken for a drag queen. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself.

I don't drink, either. Pray for me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Seriously, this thread is for celebration of good Simpsons. Back to the other thread with nu-Simpsons chat.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

SplitSoul posted:

No. Like, there'll be a funny homerism here or there, but the rest is poo poo like Marge getting a makeover and being mistaken for a drag queen. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself.

I don't drink, either. Pray for me.

sorry, i only pray for mojo

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lone Goat posted:

sorry, i only pray for mojo

And I don't cry for anyone whose already dead

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://teespring.com/stores/simpsons-bortposting-shop

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The gently caress is the legality on that?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the legality is sssssshhhhhh

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

mind the walrus posted:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

mind the walrus posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Pretty lame, Milhouse.