Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Libertad! posted:

Oh hey, the same dude who was angry that a 16 year old girl in a cartoon show didn't have D cup breasts.

Oh wait, he's also the dude who cyberstalked a female cosplayer until she left the Magic the Gathering fandom.

And now that the Brie Larson well has run dry, he needs to find a new outrage vein to tap. Noted cohort Ethan Van Sciver has tried to shift gears to Tessa Thompson as his metrics are currently tanking. I expect the pasty bearded man can find Anita an ever-ready source of income each time she even so much as tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Dawgstar posted:

And now that the Brie Larson well has run dry, he needs to find a new outrage vein to tap. Noted cohort Ethan Van Sciver has tried to shift gears to Tessa Thompson as his metrics are currently tanking. I expect the pasty bearded man can find Anita an ever-ready source of income each time she even so much as tweets.

In between demanding people DEBATE HIM and suddenly clamming up when they say 'sure, but I'll host the stream so you can't monetize it'.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Liquid Communism posted:

In between demanding people DEBATE HIM and suddenly clamming up when they say 'sure, but I'll host the stream so you can't monetize it'.

That's his thing, of course. Pick a fight with a bigger name (so, most people) and leach off their name and let the sweet outrage donations roll in. I am told that when he agrees to not hold on it on his own channel he just won't show.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

PinheadSlim posted:

That whole article is horrifying

:barf:
The funny part about that is it remind me that she was lying about not knowing she was going to be fired given a goon caused her to have a meltdown about possibly being fired. The issue being her and Paizo's promotion of a rape game. And the sad fact is that given what I know she's probably helped Bill Webb more than hurt him at this point just like quite a few posters here. It wasn't intentional but Christ almighty your not helping.
Edit:
She's not wrong about Paizo or Webb. It's just that she's accidently helped him along with a large portion of the RPG community.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 19, 2019

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Leperflesh posted:

modiphius? are they bad?

The complains about Modiphus being late on their projects is pretty fair for the most part, but I backed the Infinity kickstarter at the all pdfs level and the delays there are honestly out of their hands. Having to get approvals from a tiny company in a different industry is obviously going to take awhile, and doubly so when there is lots of world stuff that only exists in the setting guys home RPG campaign that has never been touched on.

Much like 7th Sea 2nd even though I don't have everything promised what I have gotten thus far for the money is still a good value. Both companies make beautiful books, but at least I am confident of eventually getting all the Infinity stuff.

Chaosium sure must have some plan for 7th Sea that I can't imagine to make money, holy moly what a terrible burden to take on.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

MadScientistWorking posted:

And the sad fact is that given what I know she's probably helped Bill Webb more than hurt him at this point just like quite a few posters here. It wasn't intentional but Christ almighty your not helping.

WTF?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Much like 7th Sea 2nd even though I don't have everything promised what I have gotten thus far for the money is still a good value. Both companies make beautiful books, but at least I am confident of eventually getting all the Infinity stuff.

Admittedly it was pretty easy to get $40 USD worth of content out of the 7th Sea KS. That said I totally agree about Chaosium hopefully having a good idea of what to do, because they need it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

madscientistworking's gimmick is that whenever people talk about rpg industry stuff they pretend to know some BIG SECRET dramatic insider baseball stuff and then refuse to ever say anything because they're full of poo poo

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Serf posted:

madscientistworking's gimmick is that whenever people talk about rpg industry stuff they pretend to know some BIG SECRET dramatic insider baseball stuff and then refuse to ever say anything because they're full of poo poo

Ahh, got it, yeah I thought it was bullshit or about to lead to how actually us condemning zak/webb/pundit etc. means we're the real villains.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Serf posted:

Actually, it has to do with the fact that I idiotically doxxed myself because Paizo's policy is loving stupid and as I mentioned earlier in the thread Bill Webb has connections to Nazis who are preparing to march down the streets from my apartment two weeks from now. You dumbass. Even some of the details lead to me thinking," Hmmm.... I wonder if this person knows that Paizo's policy automatically doxxes them."

PST posted:

Ahh, got it, yeah I thought it was bullshit or about to lead to how actually us condemning zak/webb/pundit etc. means we're the real villains.
No. You've been enormously helpful dragging out lies from people. Price on the other hand just makes me blow giant raspberries.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 19, 2019

Serf
May 5, 2011

Actually, it has to do with the fact that I idiotically doxxed myself because Paizo's policy is loving stupid and as I mentioned earlier in the thread Bill Webb has connections to Nazis who are preparing to march down the streets from my apartment two weeks from now. You dumbass. Even some of the details lead to me thinking," Hmmm.... I wonder if this person knows that Paizo's policy automatically doxxes them."

i mean its cool that you stick with the gimmick, but its been years now

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Serf posted:

i mean its cool that you stick with the gimmick, but its been years now
That's how long I've been dealing with harassment you loving piece of poo poo.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

That's how long I've been dealing with harassment you loving piece of poo poo. In fact I even know your loving lying about not knowing what is going on and yet your acting like your completely ignorant.

It really just sounds like you need to take some time off the internet and chill. Relax, do something other than get mad at elfgame politics.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

If you're in fear of your life, then don't drop unsubstantiated hints about Jessica Price being a lying liar that you can't back up without dredging up life or livelihood-threatening information? Like for your own personal health, if nothing else.

Serf
May 5, 2011

call me back when anything you've posted that we didn't already know amounts to a hill of goat beans. vague allusions to dark deeds that only you know of but couldn't possibly dare detail are dumb as hell

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Yeah, so far as I can tell Jessica Price's chief sin is being seriously (and usually justifiably) vitriolic at people using words like "jewess."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nuns with Guns posted:

If you're in fear of your life, then don't drop unsubstantiated hints about Jessica Price being a lying liar that you can't back up without dredging up life or livelihood-threatening information? Like for your own personal health, if nothing else.

Yes, going "I know something you don't know, but I can't tell you because doxxing." Just makes you sound like either an idiot or a liar. So for your own sake, just shut up.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Is this about knowing that Zak S poo poo his pants at Chik-fil-a on the last day of GenCon '17? Because we already know about that.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Nessus posted:

Does this mean Republicans are the real liberals now or what, how does this work

As for companies that do or do not do crimes, has Privateer done anything in this vein?

I'm not confident anyone still works at Privateer.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

admanb posted:

I'm not confident anyone still works at Privateer.

Admittedly a crafty defense.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Admittedly a crafty defense.

Maybe even a Crafty defense.

Spycraft 3rd edition when?!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Still waiting for Spellbound! Glad I narrowly avoided pre-ordering, I was running Fantasycraft at the time.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

The Lore Bear posted:

Maybe even a Crafty defense.

Spycraft 3rd edition when?!

Right after they release Spellbound.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Did someone say elfgame politics????

Anyway, I have a new blog post about how it is important for games to have political messaging that is deliberate.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The new System Mastery is very good. Congrats for spending as long of the episode as you did tactfully acknowledging the elephant in the room (and then the rest of the episode where you don't). https://systemmasterypodcast.com/2019/06/18/dungeons-dragons-5th-edition-system-mastery-150/

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Tsilkani posted:

Right after they release Spellbound.

This still pisses me off. They've been 'almost done' since something like 2014.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Meinberg posted:

Did someone say elfgame politics????

Anyway, I have a new blog post about how it is important for games to have political messaging that is deliberate.

I’m sure you already know this meinberg, but I like to repeat things for my own benefit and that of others who don’t have to face these things all the time.

The reason the non progressive reaction, is “It’s just a game, why add a political narrative?” is that the underlying political narrative of the games already support their viewpoints. Unsurprisingly, they seem upset when their viewpoint is replaced with a better one, which they would not if they viewed it as “just a game”.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 19, 2019

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's like people saying "Leave politics out of this!" at a football game that begins with the national anthem, features a half-time show by the Air Force, and plays commercials for the Army.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Hostile V posted:

The new System Mastery is very good. Congrats for spending as long of the episode as you did tactfully acknowledging the elephant in the room (and then the rest of the episode where you don't). https://systemmasterypodcast.com/2019/06/18/dungeons-dragons-5th-edition-system-mastery-150/
OK, fine, I went ahead and decided to actually start giving you money for your shareware audio blog, theironjef

This was amazing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Hostile V posted:

There's a chance we might have mentioned some stuff about poo poo pants at GenCon 2017 in there.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

theironjef posted:

There's a chance we might have mentioned some stuff about poo poo pants at GenCon 2017 in there.
Well yeah, it's pretty common knowledge that "allegedly" Zak S poo poo his pants at GenCon 2017's last day while at the local Chick-fil-A, that comes up earlier when you tell people to google the info to learn more. It was also pretty smart to make that more explicit near the end.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

DalaranJ posted:

I’m sure you already know this meinberg, but I like to repeat things for my own benefit and that of others who don’t have to face these things all the time.

The reason the non progressive reaction, is “It’s just a game, why add a political narrative?” is that the underlying political narrative of the games already support their viewpoints. Unsurprisingly, they seem upset when their viewpoint is replaced with a better one, which they would not if they viewed it as “just a game”.

Definitely aware of those types! However, I'm fairly sure that there exists a type who are well meaning moderates who don't see any reason to rock the boat and avoid political messages for other reasons. It's those sorts that I'm reaching out to, as well as (potentially) to people like SIGMATA guy who isn't aware of the results of a close read of his text.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Zurui posted:

Yeah, so far as I can tell Jessica Price's chief sin is being seriously (and usually justifiably) vitriolic at people using words like "jewess."
I'm pretty sure MadScientistWorking is referencing Price helping promote Kingdom Death. Though they could be trying to "I'm not gonna tell" about something else too.

edit: really not sure why they didn't just say it though.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
You folks don't understand, it invalidates Price's point entirely because

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

theironjef posted:

It really was legit great and you made cooking dinner a joy tonight. Very funny.

And I appreciated you guys being bashful in the beginning and then just full on calling the assholes out at the end. I especially liked Jo(h?)n interrupting you quibbling about not calling him an rear end in a top hat for legal reasons, to call him an rear end in a top hat.

What the hell are you gonna do for #175 since no way in hell does this team manage to fart out a new edition in a year?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Xiahou Dun posted:

It really was legit great and you made cooking dinner a joy tonight. Very funny.

And I appreciated you guys being bashful in the beginning and then just full on calling the assholes out at the end. I especially liked Jo(h?)n interrupting you quibbling about not calling him an rear end in a top hat for legal reasons, to call him an rear end in a top hat.

What the hell are you gonna do for #175 since no way in hell does this team manage to fart out a new edition in a year?

I dunno, something else. It'll be nice to not think about D&D anymore.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
To summarize:

Paizo were and are still jerks.

Price was a jerk. Price got fired when trying to be less of a jerk and pushing back against her company's jerk behaviour. Price has been not a jerk lately (afaik) and has been calling out jerks left and right since getting fired.

How much good behaviour it takes to earn forgiveness for bad behaviour depends on the person doing the forgiving. MSW is not required to forgive her. Nor is anyone else required to hold a grudge forever. It's your own choice.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I vote you guys give yourselves a nice 100% good “indie”-ish* game that had some effect on the hobby. Like A World or something. So you can still talk about things that changed gaming, but without that taste in your mouth.

I will also happily buy you a copy of The Spire.

*Using this term very, very liberally to mean “not from the bigger companies but well known”.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

theironjef posted:

Pathfinder: :getin:

(just do whatever, this has been an excellent run for you all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

theironjef posted:

Hostile V posted:

Pathfinder: :getin:

(just do whatever, this has been an excellent run for you all)

Just straight up call it D&D: Pathfinder and never correct yourself.

EDIT Alternatively Pathfinder: A Dungeons and Dragons Story.