Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MedicineHut posted:

Nah the real fun one to watch will be Montoya´s :gary:

Boredgamer will likely capitulate and acquiesce. Montoya´s mental gymnastics will be epic though.

the day sc collapses montoya will have to make it look like he somehow won star citizen.
this will indeed be very difficult to acomplish.

my personal bet is that he will look back and reminisce about this adventure and his org as if it was the greatest thing that never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

big nipples big life posted:

what is it with beardos on twitch/youtube and that loving face?

it is a mystery.
a complete, utter mystery.
it is a world i will never understand.
its like looking at a completely braindead idiot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bumble He posted:

it is a mystery.
a complete, utter mystery.
it is a world i will never understand.
its like looking at a completely braindead idiot.

smash that like button

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Will this become an embed??

https://twitter.com/i/status/1141416224401719296

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

big nipples big life posted:

what is it with beardos on twitch/youtube and that loving face?

It grabs people's attention when they're scrolling through YouTube. Most of the thumbnails on big channels are statistically designed to generate clicks. Over time, everyone of the internet has adopted that same god drat surprise anal face.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

I sat here watching this gif longer than I care to admit.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
When I worked at a Big Video Games Company (as an uncle) I saw a bunch of research that they had done there where they had experimented with a lot of different app icons. By FAR the most effective app icon, the one that drove the most installs, was the RARG FACE. This was a few years ago, and you don't see RARG FACE around much any more, but for a while it was EVERYWHERE.

Example:

You can still see this if you search for, say "clash" in the mobile app store of your choice.

I guess that for Youtube, DOUCHE GURN is the equivalent to RARG FACE.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Woke up today thinking of what I can accomplish.

I've decided to physicalize virtual machines.
Physicalized cloud services :smuggo:

Agony Aunt posted:

Sluts of the gaming world then?
Maybe that's more CIG's expertise, what with all their "we're partnering with [company]" history?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: BoredGamer looks for the silver lining in the collapse of Amazon Gaming Studios...

"It could be that they're not struggling at all... It could be that they're struggling a lot."

Thank you, Bored, for your continuing explication of the obvious and mundane.

Highlight moment.

"A so-called engine?! I mean it IS an engine! A game engine!"
(reading)
"...wasn't built for the kind of multiplayer games Amazon wanted to make and the company's efforts to retool it have proved difficult."
(reacting)
"So this is an OPINION of someone that they talked to rather than... factual... it's ANECDOTAL."

Anything bored says is anecdotal, and I find it weird how his audience eats up anything he says as fact. He believes hope will transform conjecture into fact.
I don't think bored is a bad guy by any means, but I find it weird he blocked me on twitter without ever talking to him. He blocks anyone with criticism and pretends he's open and willing to listen.

I wish people understood anything coming from bored is heavily biased and it will be right to the bitter end. This project would have progressed much better if more people thought for themselves and
held Chris to a higher standard earlier on.

Nevertheless, Bored and Montoya are something special.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Getting a degree and then proceeding to be a QA tester does not sound like a good career decision, but maybe I just don't understand game development.

I mean honestly if somebody came to me with a Bachelors in game design I would probably also not be entirely sure about how qualified they are, but again I'm not in the know here.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

The Titanic posted:

Getting a degree and then proceeding to be a QA tester does not sound like a good career decision, but maybe I just don't understand game development.

I mean honestly if somebody came to me with a Bachelors in game design I would probably also not be entirely sure about how qualified they are, but again I'm not in the know here.

I hope he gets decent pay and isn't treated too much like poo poo. He might get lucky, you never know.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
is Mirificus really a bot? i always thought that was a joke

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

No, friend. They will realize they made a hideous decision and need to select a better engine.

There is no software company that chooses software known to be difficult and obtuse to work with because they like a good challenge.

Unless you're Chris Roberts, but honestly his decision to go CryEngine was because they volunteered to make his demo for him. So give that, yeah, I'd also choose the version where I get to do basically nothing but stand on the shoulders of people smarter than me.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/1141397835100958720
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1141401802254036993

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nicholas posted:

>Mirificus -q "Are you a bot?" -t 0

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Neltharak posted:

I hope he gets decent pay and isn't treated too much like poo poo. He might get lucky, you never know.

Well let's be honest, sometimes you need to start somewhere else in a different position to get where you want to be. I'm sure we've all gone through that sort of shift at some point. CIG knows best, though.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

white is black and blck is white if they think it will earn them entry in to the "cool blue check mark gang"

:magical:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

It's basically Mystery Science Theater for me, except instead of bad movies by Italian hacks it is the world's longest worst video game development attempt by a British idiot.

Another thing in common with MST3K, we're all puppets.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Agony Aunt posted:

Oh, those!

Yeah, i just want to kidnap those people, chop their limbs off, cover their faces in poo poo, and anally rape them, just to see what expression they have on their faces after that. Then post it to youtube.

Oh, hello FBI! Just kidding of course.

Ahem...

Yeah, anyway, here is one of the kings of the douchebags of silly faces.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Matroix/videos

I mean, can you honestly say you wouldn't like 5 minutes alone with him and a baseball bat?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

What the gently caress dude.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

What the gently caress dude.

:yikes:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Well, that sure was a post

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I don't know if it's just that we have a high number of new-ish posters coming from reddit or whatever, but let me reiterate that these things will absolutely get you banned if you post them here:
  • Doxxing
  • Direct threats
  • Fantasies/fanfiction about doing violence to people

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
If you're that worked up about youtube beardos showing you their O-face, maybe you should just turn off the computer

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

If you're that worked up about youtube beardos showing you their O-face, maybe you should just turn off the computer

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?lang=en

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Dril can handle it. Not everyone is dril

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Nicholas posted:

How do you define sentience?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't know if it's just that we have a high number of new-ish posters coming from reddit or whatever, but let me reiterate that these things will absolutely get you banned if you post them here:
  • Doxxing
  • Direct threats

Reminder that Fantasies/fanfiction about sexy bears is not only allowed buy encouraged.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

buy encouraged.

store citizer in a nutshell

sorry i brought up beardo face and broke agony aunt :lol:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

• Doxxing
  • Direct threats

trucutru posted:

Reminder that Fantasies/fanfiction about sexy bears is not only allowed buy encouraged.
Reminder that always be rubbing

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

Quavers posted:

Reminder that always be rubbing

You might even say 'mandatory'

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Beet Wagon posted:

• Doxxing
  • Direct threats
what if i just post dumb poo poo all the time that nobody wants to read?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

they'll make you a mod :rimshot:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i've been working that beet for ten years now

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

did you miss the rule about doxxing? leave me alone.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProductiveFantasticGnatPipeHype

:shrek:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

This two-week-old :reddit:post aged really well :v:

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Beet Wagon posted:

• Doxxing
  • Direct threats

You forgot
[*] posting memes
[*] anime
[*] Nazi apologies

and [*] ban requests

Requesting Kayak 6er please Beet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I painted my house using a bunch of weeds I ripped out of the ground as a paint brush. It didn't work that well and my house looks like poo poo now. I really hope people driving by realize I used the wrong tool and and appreciate the time and effort I put into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I have a beard and when I read Agony Aunt's post, I made the YouTube face. poo poo.