Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yeah, Kiermaier is nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

YOOOORRRDDDAAANNNN

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

fawning deference posted:

YOOOORRRDDDAAANNNN

:hmmyes:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Inspector_666 posted:

Lucas Giolito is on my watch list (I should probably just remove him at this point since he ain't getting dropped) and was just traded in my league, so ESPN's app sent me three different notifications that he was "available" and oh my god gently caress you so much ESPN.

Speaking of Giolito, I have a standing offer of my Albies for his Giolito. I really need to trade for some pitching and have an abundance of offense. How much regression are we expecting from Giolito? I like him a lot but projections are all over the place.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Bregor posted:

And it feels like Eloy is about to go nuts.

The going nuts may already be happening!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Someone in a money league just offered Kyle Seager and David Peralta for my Mookie Betts

gently caress right off, guy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like Kyle Seager is included in every awful one sided trade offer regardless of what league youre in

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

fawning deference posted:

YOOOORRRDDDAAANNNN

welp i guess I should start him next week

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cody Allen DFA. For the three people still holding him time to let go.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeepDickPizza posted:

Speaking of Giolito, I have a standing offer of my Albies for his Giolito. I really need to trade for some pitching and have an abundance of offense. How much regression are we expecting from Giolito? I like him a lot but projections are all over the place.

Giolito is good. I'd take that.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i finally cut carpenter which means he'll start mashing dingers and posting a .415 OBP tomorrow

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Let me just draft some solid pitching and piece together a value offense, and I should cruise this season

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Simpsons Reference posted:

Let me just draft some solid pitching and piece together a value offense, and I should cruise this season

If by 'cruise' you're referring to the Titanic..

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I went from down 0-13-1 last week on Thursday to winning 8-6-0. :feelsgood:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Murmur Twin posted:

If by 'cruise' you're referring to the Titanic..

It's the one where the power went out and everyone had to spend the entire trip stewing in their own piss and poo poo.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Inspector_666 posted:

I went from down 0-13-1 last week on Thursday to winning 8-6-0. :feelsgood:

I was down either 2-7 or 3-7 almost all week, but close, had a monster Sunday and won 7-2. Went from three games behind first to a four game lead.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Is cutting Robles for Mercado a fair move? Robles appears to have forgotten how to hit after April. My only other thought is to try to package him into a 2 for 1 trade, and then pick up Mercado.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

resident posted:

Is cutting Robles for Mercado a fair move? Robles appears to have forgotten how to hit after April. My only other thought is to try to package him into a 2 for 1 trade, and then pick up Mercado.

2 for 1 is good. If not, drop someone else for Mercado and just bench Robles for now. He’s too good to cut IMO.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

every 3 years lorenzo cain sucks absolute dick and that's the year I'm like "oh he fell a bit, this is good value, he's not gonna suck this time!!"

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Hope everyone remembered to start Justin Upton.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Monday_ posted:

Hope everyone remembered to start Justin Upton.

On my bench :thumbsup:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i finally cut carpenter which means he'll start mashing dingers and posting a .415 OBP tomorrow

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I just thought about that, haha! I traded Eduardo Escobar for Carpenter straight up last week, hoping Carp would have a great second half. Hopefully today is the start of a good streak.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Thank you for your sacrifice.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/B_Walton/status/1141024869506801664

I dunno if I should even keep stashing him at this point.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Convert him to OF

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He clearly needs to work some stuff out. Wouldn't blame anyone for moving on, although the physical ability is supposedly still there if you don't have other uses for the roster spot and wanna give him a week or a few to figure it out.

They left him out there for awhile today and he got a bit better as the day went on. Gave up a walk in the 5th and then struck out three batters in a row to presumably end his day with a line of 5IP, 10H, 6ER, 3BB, 9K (95 pitches). 10 hits and 9 Ks is a weird line.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Simpsons Reference posted:

Convert him to OF

Catcher, heir apparent to Yadi of course

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it's also very possible this is like spring training where he's working on very select things with a very peculiar repertoire. who knows.

the point is it seems the velocity and physical health are there. give him a few more starts, and see where it goes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Zac Gallen is up. I've been holding him since April 29 haha

1.77 ERA / 0.71 WHIP / 112 K : 17 BB in AAA this year. And 91.1 innings in 14 starts (over 6 and a half innings per game), which is what really got me interested since I'm in a QS league.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gallen's MiLB breakout this year came out of nowhere and his BABIP and LOB look totally unsustainable but I still picked him up because why the hell not!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I think they announced Scherzer’s start late. I don’t have him in my line-up because it wasn’t a green check mark when I checked this morning. Great, now I’m missing out!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/mlbrandomstats/status/1141536414875750403?s=21

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Nice. :quagmire:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Trout was called in for a random this morning. Coincidence? I think not.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Mondesi just hit the IL :/

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Story too. Sigh.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

He has been fantastic this year but a groin injury with his tool set is bad, bad, bad.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I legit forget Rhys Hoskins is on my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I picked up Darvish last week as a stash but I am already tempted to start him. DO I ROLL THE DARVISH DIE?!