Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
NDP doing Politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what is BL's position within the party these days anyway?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
trudeau stealing boardmans valour

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is that a pipeline in your province or are you just happy to see me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BGrifter posted:

In a surprise plot twist he’s proposing to shut down the tar sands and send in the military to seize all equipment/imprison everyone involved.

please do not give us news from the good universe

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I have never seen Justin Trudeau execute a single "Slam Dunk", shameful

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

What are you talking about? He Slam Dunked on the environment, indigenous women, anyone who believed his campaign promises...

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
"The Prime Minister had NO REASON to visit the disaster areas as he had NOTHING TO DO with the disaster to begin with and he himself didn't cause flooding."

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

i hope manitobans are ready to pokemon go to the polls on sept 10th

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DariusLikewise posted:

i hope manitobans are ready to pokemon go to the polls on sept 10th

I think I hate Pallister more than any other major Canadian politician.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So who's leading the polls in Manitoba?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ndp-support-rising-winnipeg-tories-dipping-1.5082720

lol

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Manitoba is just repeating history. Vote the Cons in, they close hospitals. Somehow the economy doesn't take off like wildfire and it's more status quo. Manitobans are somehow shocked and surprised at this, so they vote the NDP back in. NDP is handed a province with empty coffers and yet more services privatized so it's harder to build up a reserve then the cons scream that the NDP is "wasting taxpayer money" and that they'll balance the books next time around. Rinse, repeat.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Manitoba is just repeating history. Vote the Cons in, they close hospitals. Somehow the economy doesn't take off like wildfire and it's more status quo. Manitobans are somehow shocked and surprised at this, so they vote the NDP back in. NDP is handed a province with empty coffers and yet more services privatized so it's harder to build up a reserve then the cons scream that the NDP is "wasting taxpayer money" and that they'll balance the books next time around. Rinse, repeat.

Alberta would also be doing since the 50s but instead they blame the rest of Canada for not making a single penny

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

drjuggalo posted:

Alberta would also be doing since the 50s but instead they blame the rest of Canada for not making a single penny

alberta has had (nearly, one abberation) single party rule since the 70s . not really the same thing

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drjuggalo posted:

We need to abolish the nickel now too.

(And heck, every other coin and bill while we're at it.)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CommonShore posted:

I wish he died when he fell off some path on vacation

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

He's not his father.

Nice hair though

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CommonShore posted:

How can you hate someone who hates Halloween

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
im about 90% sure this catho laicite bullshit was orchestrated by the federal government to destroy our separatist movement and this stupid rear end cuck province fell for it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

im about 90% sure this catho laicite bullshit was orchestrated by the federal government to destroy our separatist movement and this stupid rear end cuck province fell for it

C-SPAM: Unintelligible Garbage from Insane People

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

much more likely that CAQ voters are just racist.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

How can you hate someone who hates Halloween

The fact he's scared of Halloween make me hate him more.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ARACHTION posted:

much more likely that CAQ voters are just racist.

Exactly they fear muslims more than the federal government which is so fuckingn absurd. Id rather live in the Islamic republic of quebekistan than in the canadian province of lower canada any loving day

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

autism ZX spectrum posted:

the problem with our last ndp is that when things were good and we had just recovered from hallway medicine and the sale of mts, doer decided he was going to cut taxes to "bridge the gap" with the pcs instead of tripling our reserve fund or doing literally anything else. when things started to go down revenue wise we burned through the paltry rainy day fund in a year and there was nothing else to stop deficit spending other than raising the pst, which the new leader selinger was disingenuous about.

at least now instead of hallway hospital beds, hospitals are just turning people away and telling them to go die elsewhere

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DariusLikewise posted:

at least now instead of hallway hospital beds, hospitals are just turning people away and telling them to go die elsewhere

sounds like they solved the problem to me.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I work in healthcare.

It's loving insane.

No one listens.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I work in healthcare.

It's loving insane.

No one listens.

My partner works in healthcare and I see it too. People rant about poo poo like "the nurses are so incompetent, the RHAs are loving garbage blah blah blah" - and every single one of the things that they're blaming on the people actually delivering care is a consequence of hiring freezes and funding cuts. Every. Single. Thing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Exactly they fear muslims more than the federal government which is so fuckingn absurd. Id rather live in the Islamic republic of quebekistan than in the canadian province of lower canada any loving day

Inch Allah.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I work in healthcare.

It's loving insane.

No one listens.

Healthcare worker here too. I hear you, brother. :psyboom:

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

if only pictures could be thread titles

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Manitoba healthcare brethren how are you voting for the union fight to the death?
First gently caress the toothless unions for going along.
But mgeu sounds like they have absolutely nothing to offer. I hear rumors of having to take a homecare contract as a baseline if they win?
Cupe is hardly my favorite but it seems they are offering around what I have now.

...I need to start selling my body to make money to live.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
https://twitter.com/AnandWrites/status/1141778858674442240?s=19

It's rare that I cheer for JT, but this is god-tier trolling

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
having been through the medical system recently all I can say is that I'm really glad it exists so this thread isn't peppered with gofundme links, and any deficiencies in it are clearly a lack of funding.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Manitoba healthcare brethren how are you voting for the union fight to the death?
First gently caress the toothless unions for going along.
But mgeu sounds like they have absolutely nothing to offer. I hear rumors of having to take a homecare contract as a baseline if they win?
Cupe is hardly my favorite but it seems they are offering around what I have now.

...I need to start selling my body to make money to live.

I'm MGEU (though not in healthcare) and just got a new contract. The whole thing was negotiated, allegedly, with both sides assuming that the courts would overturn the 0% parts ot the agreement. They folded a bit too easily imo, but my ideal contract would have had penises drawn in it and pictures of me giving the middle finger, so I'm probably a bad one to ask.

Wrenever
Jul 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/anjelleah/status/1141847939771510784

#shade #YAASQween #Expellaramius #Trollage #epic

This is just like when samwise and frodo threw the ring into mount doom to piss off Sauron

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Why is a cough a troll? Is there some context I'm missing here or do these people just have brainworms?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I must be stupid because all I see is Trudeau clearing his throat in a 2 second clip

this is a troll?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Square Peg posted:

Why is a cough a troll? Is there some context I'm missing here or do these people just have brainworms?

they're referring to the stephanopoulos interview that aired this week where trump kicked his chief of staff out of the room for coughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/17/politics/mick-mulvaney-donald-trump-coughing-oval-office/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/17/you-just-cant-cough-trump-highlights-germaphobia-tv-past-mulvaney-exchange/

Apparently the Donald thinks it's a sign of weakness or something. He's also germophobe.

EvidenceBasedQuack has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Jun 21, 2019