Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

agartha has enough dumb poo poo in it (some dumb early jokes about astolfo/d'eon/davinci, super fetishy and weird about astolfo and d'eon in general, wu's design) that you don't need to make poo poo up to criticize it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Jesus poo poo that Columbus smile is terrifying

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

It was true that it was one of the least liked singularities in japan though. In a popularity poll it was at the very bottom with only Septem and the Moon Goddess event being worse.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah agartha isnt very good at all and tbh i can totally get why you'd make a post giving people a heads-up about stuff like 'playing the amazon rape stuff mostly for comedy value because ladies forcing themselves on dudes!? hubba hubba!' and like half of what goes on with astolfo, but the post should actually be like, accurate.

if its any consolation near as i can remember its literally the last time the game makes a lovely joke about da vinci? so theres that

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That's definitely what I was saying dude. gently caress off dipshit.

That tumblr post making the rounds is full of assumptions and also is extremely uneducated and thinks "Laputa" is a gendered slur lol.

calling my wife "La Puta: Hassle to the Guy"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's a bummer since it sounds like it could've been interesting if it was well, good.

e: also this being d'eon's major story chapter appearance vs astolfo having other content to fall back on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

It's a bummer since it sounds like it could've been interesting if it was well, good.

e: also this being d'eon's major story chapter appearance vs astolfo having other content to fall back on
the hosed up thing is d'eon and astolfo do actually get good dialogue and scenes in agartha

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That tumblr post making the rounds is full of assumptions and also is extremely uneducated and thinks "Laputa" is a gendered slur lol.

I mean, it is, the whole joke in Gullivers Travels was that the flying paradise is full of effete useless intellectuals and sexually frustrated women, Swift was fluent in Spanish and it wasn't a mistake that the place was named "the whore.". Don't think DW really knew that at the time though, everyone forgets that part because most people haven't actually read Gullivers Travels

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

from what i remember they're making a joke about the ghibli movie and just using gulliver's travels as a jumping off point because that isnt copyrighted

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I mean, it is, the whole joke in Gullivers Travels was that the flying paradise is full of effete useless intellectuals and sexually frustrated women, Swift was fluent in Spanish and it wasn't a mistake that the place was named "the whore.". Don't think DW really knew that at the time though, everyone forgets that part because most people haven't actually read Gullivers Travels

Yeah, that much is true but not within the context of the singularity, really. at least from how I read it, so it just came off as a really uninformed bulletpoint in an already wonky list.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The writer did know of the pun. But it's blown the gently caress up.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6m7sw9/epic_of_remnant_ii_the_woman_of_agartha_section/
Scheherazade: What I offered up to the king in hopes of not dying was not just my stories. It was everything else I had. Of course--- including my body. Therefore, the name of La Puta is surely suitable for this conclusion! Ascend into the skies, glare down at the earth--- then fall, Laputa! Thou shalt become the destroyer of this world's reason, the city that is the fantasy of the end!
That's it. That's literally everything on this subject.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Endorph posted:

hint: the person leading the noble male resistance against the female empire is loving christopher columbus

yes, the game clearly thinks this man is noble and righteous

Hahaha gently caress no.

Columbus is the Pen-ultimate final boss of the singularity. He is NOT anything close to being a good guy, he just happened to be on the side who didn't immediately try to kill or enslave you, and just charismatic enough to BS you into helping him. He fully intended to have you do all the heavy lifting so he could stab you in the back and take over. The game makes it clear that his Old World ideas are just as screwed up as every other faction in Agartha.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
is this another case where people can't understand that portraying a villain doing bad things isn't an endorsement of those things

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

columbus is bad. yet also, he owns

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's voiced by Hochu Otsuka, the man was destined to be liked by me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shipon posted:

is this another case where people can't understand that portraying a villain doing bad things isn't an endorsement of those things
To be fair, early on in the singularity he is putting on an act of actually being noble and the characters do buy it, and if you're the type to write that kind of post I get why you'd start skipping cutscenes fairly early on in Agartha. but that means you probably shouldn't make definitive statements about it, lol.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
the best part about columbus is him talking up always staying determined and pursuing your dreams, and then gets completely salty and loses his poo poo when a random NPC does just that to stop him. dude is a massive two-faced hypocritic piece of garbo and I love him.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Endorph posted:

hint: the person leading the noble male resistance against the female empire is loving christopher columbus

yes, the game clearly thinks this man is noble and righteous

JFC that is horrifying.
Like, I will legitimately burn him for the rare prism if I ever pull him.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

the_steve posted:

JFC that is horrifying.
Like, I will legitimately burn him for the rare prism if I ever pull him.

He's a 3 star so you don't even get that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

columbus has a good skillset and his artist draws nothing but hellsing yaoi so hes alright by me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

BlackPersona posted:

Jesus poo poo that Columbus smile is terrifying

Columbus has the bestworst facial expressions.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Columbus being a conniving hypocritical shitlord is one of the most historically accurate portrayals in Fate.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Columbus being a total monster and D'eon getting screen time are the only good parts of Agartha

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Asimo posted:

Columbus being a conniving hypocritical shitlord is one of the most historically accurate portrayals in Fate.

What, you're saying Empress Nero Claudius Augustus Germanicus Umu isn't an accurate portrayal :v:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tribladeofchaos posted:

He's a 3 star so you don't even get that.

They could charge me a mana prism to burn him, and I'd still gladly consider that a bargain.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
ATTENTION

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

THANK U FOR ATTENTION HOMIES

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Endorph posted:

To be fair, early on in the singularity he is putting on an act of actually being noble and the characters do buy it, and if you're the type to write that kind of post I get why you'd start skipping cutscenes fairly early on in Agartha. but that means you probably shouldn't make definitive statements about it, lol.

I hope that the characters don't actually buy it wholeheartedly. After Shinjuku, I was really thinking the Chaldea gang had moved on from "OH NO, YOU BETRAYED ME?" to "yeah I kinda saw this coming" on the protagonist naivete spectrum

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the_steve posted:

They could charge me a mana prism to burn him, and I'd still gladly consider that a bargain.

your performative hate merely emphasizes your weakness

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

big f to our twitter/facebook campaign

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Welp R.I.P. all my Bond CE’s, they’ve completely disappeared from my inventory and second archive. I have no memory of feeding them to any other CE’s, I always double check that stuff.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Aurora posted:

They really should have given it more than 3 days.

Exia posted:

Welp R.I.P. all my Bond CE’s, they’ve completely disappeared from my inventory and second archive. I have no memory of feeding them to any other CE’s, I always double check that stuff.
Maybe check your filters and/or sorting settings?

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 21, 2019

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Aurora posted:

We only have ~1500 left, we can crawl past the finish line at the rate things are going.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i counted reactions and shared very poorly

give us the sq

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i just wanted to share the amazing very cool idea i had, which is that when you spend 30sq on a whim at a banner it should be called a yolorolo

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

They really should have given it more than 3 days.
Maybe check your filters and/or sorting settings?

Ugh I felt dumb, I did that for my main inventory but couldn’t see them. It never occurred to me that my second archive was oddly devoid of anything besides 3* CE’s, so I checked the filter and yep, there everything was. I blame burnout from the recent events, by the end of this one I was especially tired

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

i just wanted to share the amazing very cool idea i had, which is that when you spend 30sq on a whim at a banner it should be called a yolorolo
Seconded. Someone pass this motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I got 20 quartz for 100 login days and used my leftover currency to buy the poo poo to ascend Heracles again. A good day.

Bring on the next banner, I have 3 10 pulls and 4 tickets saved up!