Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Yeah, gently caress the Olympics, its just a big scam. Most Stockholmers don't want it anyway. I hope Milano wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/ericson_ubbhult/status/1140893706637193216?s=21

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Just like I wrote a month ago; They didn't explicitly promise and the timing is awkward so it's not happening.

https://twitter.com/jsjostedt/status/1140895785070059520?s=19

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Worthless, limp-dicked piece of poo poo party.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Retarded Goatee posted:

Worthless, limp-dicked piece of poo poo party.
You need to be a bit more specific, as that describes all of them.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Just like I wrote a month ago; They didn't explicitly promise and the timing is awkward so it's not happening.

https://twitter.com/jsjostedt/status/1140895785070059520?s=19

Yeah mailed him earlier today about this, asking if they had any spine at all, a couple of minutes before the tweet and the man or his assistant responded by being rude as gently caress and telling me I wanted a right wing government.
Ridiculous. While I sure as hell was shitposting towards them cause V sucks these days, being told by the party leader I want a right wing government sure was something.

Edit: I'm in the party and it's sad that's it's just a bunch of spineless middle class wankers. The party elite really don't respond well to any criticism at all.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

Yeah mailed him earlier today about this, asking if they had any spine at all, a couple of minutes before the tweet and the man or his assistant responded by being rude as gently caress and telling me I wanted a right wing government.

:justpost:

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

No pics cause on the phone but if anyone is interested in how easy it is to bait public servants.

Me: Försvarar strejkrätten, fäll den centristiska regeringen. Helt jävla meningslöst att rösta på ett parti som tillåter sådana här övergrepp mot arbetarklassen. Vad fan håller ni på med? Har ni alla blivit kommunikatör och hr-personal eller? Gör om, gör rätt.

Jonas: Vi är det enda parti som röstar emot förslaget, mer rimligt om du kritiserar de som röstar för det

Me: Fäll regeringen då, att tala utan agera är verkningslöst. 

Jonas: Du menar att det är bättre med borgerlig regering och inskränkt strejkrätt?

Me: Självklart inte, sluta försöka med så låg argumentation. Vad fasen är detta? Är detta Jonas Sjöstedt? Varför försöker du föra en diskussion med mig? Jag framför kritik mot egna partiets val i frågan. IMO jävligt rimligt i en demokrati. 

Sluta ifrågasätta det. 

Jonas: Hej,

Du skrev till mig. Jag svarade. Självklart röstar vi emot inskränkt strejkrätt. Du vill att vi fäller regeringen, då finns risken att vi får en borgerlig regering och inskränkt strejkrätt som röstas igenom med de borgerliga partierna idag

Me: Du svarade vilket är bra om man är förtroendevald politiker. Mindre uppskattat med kaxiga mothugg. Bara att tänka på, när man har en riksdagsadress kan man nog inte riktigt vara så dryg så att man konstruerar hypotetiska motivationer för att vinna poänger. Självklart vill ingen i V ha en högerregering, det är en straw man som heter duga. 

Jonas: Ha en fin dag zombiepop mothugg är en del av politiken

Like Jesus gently caress, is the man a child? Like sure I'm immature as gently caress but I'm a no good leftie loser not a party representative.

Edit: huh the mail exchange was 15 minutes after the tweet so idk why they just didn't link me that, since that would have made sense.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 18, 2019

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
I don't really see in there what he said that's a kaxigt mothugg, or inaccurate.
I can see the argument that the left party should have gone down with the ship (the ship here being the right to strike) but I can also see why they chose not to. Am I missing something?

lavahatt
Nov 7, 2012

It's really amazing that V seems to not know why people voted for them in the last election. Sjösteds Democrat impression is really good so at least he can get a real nice pundit career in the U.S of they fail the next election.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Mata posted:

I don't really see in there what he said that's a kaxigt mothugg, or inaccurate.
I can see the argument that the left party should have gone down with the ship (the ship here being the right to strike) but I can also see why they chose not to. Am I missing something?

Nah for me it's the fact that they talk back at all, I realize there is a human person on the other side and I'm being immature to some degree, but I wanted to criticize their policy on this, not start a loving discussion. So why is this person trying to do that? They should be and act as a professional, and they already had a tweet explaining the situation so why didn't they use that? I mean this is just me expecting a certain level of professionalism from them. I might be wrong in that, but still.
Also insinuating that I would prefer a right wing government is just rude from an elected person. A straw man worth the name.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 18, 2019

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

lavahatt posted:

It's really amazing that V seems to not know why people voted for them in the last election. Sjösteds Democrat impression is really good so at least he can get a real nice pundit career in the U.S of they fail the next election.

Bernmar as the next party leader?

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

Zombiepop posted:

Nah for me it's the fact that they talk back at all, I realize there is a human person on the other side and I'm being immature to some degree, but I wanted to criticize their policy on this, not start a loving discussion. So why is this person trying to do that? They should be and act as a professional, and they already had a tweet explaining the situation so why didn't they use that? I mean this is just me expecting a certain level of professionalism from them. I might be wrong in that, but still.

Professionalism in the context of politics to me means telling you whatever bullshit you want to hear, or like you said, sending a prepared response that dodges the question.
To me, that's not really preferable to a discussion, and his willingness to defend his position to you strikes me as a sign of respect for you and that he cares about the issue.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Mata posted:

Professionalism in the context of politics to me means telling you whatever bullshit you want to hear, or like you said, sending a prepared response that dodges the question.
To me, that's not really preferable to a discussion, and his willingness to defend his position to you strikes me as a sign of respect for you and that he cares about the issue.

Well that's a good point as well, and worth considering. Problem with it would probably be the constant dodging in other media outlets. I just think I pissed off some assistant with my aggressive language.

I ofc would prefer that they explicitly said this sucks, we are sorry, please help us revert this stupidness, but hey the left will eat itself!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

Well that's a good point as well, and worth considering. Problem with it would probably be the constant dodging in other media outlets. I just think I pissed off some assistant with my aggressive language.

I ofc would prefer that they explicitly said this sucks, we are sorry, please help us revert this stupidness, but hey the left will eat itself!

I don't think there's anyone in parliament who has assistants run their parliamentary email accounts. Facebook and Twitter are organizational communication channels, the email accounts are personally tied to the specific politician (any communication going through them from outside the email server are by law public record).

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

I don't think there's anyone in parliament who has assistants run their parliamentary email accounts. Facebook and Twitter are organizational communication channels, the email accounts are personally tied to the specific politician (any communication going through them from outside the email server are by law public record).

Oh that's better/worse then.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

Never meet your heroes, etc.

Mata posted:

:agreed:

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Ain't it a very depressing view that professionalism for politicans would mean lying? I mean I understand why one ends up with that view but still..

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

Zombiepop posted:

Ain't it a very depressing view that professionalism for politicans would mean lying? I mean I understand why one ends up with that view but still..

Sure, but it's correct in the sense that the politicians job is to win elections and people don't like truth.
I'm still a bit confused by your reaction in that email convo earlier.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I don't work in politics, but I work in an organization that is politically directed. It has made it a lot more apparent to me just how often you can't just act on good intentions and ideology. Sometimes the end result of doing what is ideologically pure will have a worse end effect, and sometimes there are barriers constricting your actions that are not obvious to an outsider. It sucks, but it's not always the best way forward to "do the right thing" 100% of the time.

And yes, I'd say that a leader for a political party sometimes needs to act in the way that maximizes long term political influence, rather than what is "the right thing" - if doing "the right thing" means a smaller long term influnce on society. It's a tricky balancing act, comparing the long term effects vs. the short term effects, and I don't envy those who have to make those decisions. Again, the issues that seems so easy and simple as an onlooker are often a lot more complex once you're inside the organization that has to make the decisions.

That said - sometimes politicians just gently caress it all up. But most often there's more to the story.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Well yes that goes for everything right? But that's is where opinions comes into place, some of use prefer other tactics, it all normal. V might have their reasons but as a member I can still be pissed off. It's all good in a democracy.
(I for one thinks it's terrible how, in my opinion so few actors in swedish politics have realized the power in owning the discourse.)

And regarding his mail, people get offended/annoyed by different things, that is life.

I might add that I'm quite further to the left of V so my frustration is my own fault, I should have voted for the communists or something.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 19, 2019

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Nah, it's good to put forward your views, even though it might be more effective to write an e-mail, not send it, go back an hour later and re-read it, and then send it. However, then it's up to the party leadership to weigh all the hundreds of pros and cons against each other.

Think of it like this: if V didn't exist, S would be far further to the center today. And if people on the left half of V didn't complain when V takes the easy way out, V would take the easy way out more often. Complaining has an effect, just not all the time and not always in the short term.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
now it feels like p much everyone is firmly in the center somehow these days. Except Ebba and Jimmie ofc.

Neither S or V seems to have learned anything from Labour UK or Bernie these last few years. (Or trump for that matter) sad.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 20, 2019

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Since midsummer is tomorrow.

quote:

Vänsterpartiet

Jag hade en gång en rygg
(Melodi: Jag hade en gång en båt)

Jag hade en gång en röst
Den gav en budget varenda höst
Med kostnadsfri medicin
Och dyrare vin
Men svara mig du:
Var är den nu?
Har tappat rösten
Allt faller itu

Jag hade en gång en rygg
Den var så stadig och rak och snygg
Sen ställde Löfven ett krav
Och då gick den av
Så svara mig du:
Vad gör jag nu?
Mer än att vråla
”Högern är bu”

From VBK.
All parties here.
https://kvartal.se/artiklar/politiska-snapsvisor-2019/

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
If someone pulled out those songs at a midsommarfest I would stand up and leave.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Found out one of my oldest friends (who lives in NYC nowadays) intended to vote for SD in the EU election but wasn't able to because of...reasons.

Dunno how he voted last year but I feel a :sever: is in order here. I might let it slide tho; if he wants to be a loving idiot, at least he's an whole ocean away.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Found out one of my oldest friends (who lives in NYC nowadays) intended to vote for SD in the EU election but wasn't able to because of...reasons.

Dunno how he voted last year but I feel a :sever: is in order here. I might let it slide tho; if he wants to be a loving idiot, at least he's an whole ocean away.

I feel voting nationalist as an expat is cosmically tone-deaf and an offense in its own right.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

MiddleOne posted:

I feel voting nationalist as an expat is cosmically tone-deaf.

He's one of those people who are amazingly stupid, considering how smart they actually are.

He's like the living embodiment of the Hollywood stereotype of "super-wiz kid that is socially awkward". Also, apparently, cool with voting for nationalists scumbags while I live with my immigrant girlfriend. Thanks for that bud!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cut all the nazis out of your life, you will be better off.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Cut all the nazis out of your life, you will be better off.

His parents are good friends of mine, and live just down the street from them :(

I feel I have to take one for the team, at least until he starts with incel poo poo, I feel that's not too far off tbh.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I stopped visiting my uncle after he turned into a massive racist. Last I heard, he has discovered Youtube and is now into chemtrails and perpetual motion, also likely voted for Paludan. :sever:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

The funny thing about this logic is that you will need to sever a whole lot of your friends and family. Since ~1 in 5 vote SD and there is a clear dominance of male voters (up to ~1 in 4) you certainly know a large amount of SD voters. Especially as the SVT info graphic from last years election showed that SD voters were more evenly spread across social classes than M or S.
Of course, you might live in an echo chamber of friends and then the above don’t apply.
Or more likely since your political opinions are rather uncompromising, the only one talking politics with you is those that agree and the rest stay away from those discussions, since arguing with a fanatic gets rather dull.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Sever and hope that a minor glitch in his immigration process deports his rear end.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cardiac posted:

The funny thing about this logic is that you will need to sever a whole lot of your friends and family. Since ~1 in 5 vote SD and there is a clear dominance of male voters (up to ~1 in 4) you certainly know a large amount of SD voters. Especially as the SVT info graphic from last years election showed that SD voters were more evenly spread across social classes than M or S.
Of course, you might live in an echo chamber of friends and then the above don’t apply.
Or more likely since your political opinions are rather uncompromising, the only one talking politics with you is those that agree and the rest stay away from those discussions, since arguing with a fanatic gets rather dull.

uh, you realise that this is not how this sort of thing works, yeah

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

V. Illych L. posted:

uh, you realise that this is not how this sort of thing works, yeah

You realise it's Cardiac?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardiac not knowing how numbers work when applied to reality is the least shocking thing in the world to me.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jun 21, 2019

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Having a mentally challenged brother and an immigrant girlfriend tends to make me pissy when people around me starts to dig the brownshirts, sorry not sorry.

My family is cool and so is most of my friends. But what do I know statistics are always universally applicable amirite?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

BigglesSWE posted:

Having a mentally challenged brother and an immigrant girlfriend tends to make me pissy when people around me starts to dig the brownshirts, sorry not sorry.

My family is cool and so is most of my friends. But what do I know statistics are always universally applicable amirite?

It's cool and good to make closet racists uncomfortable 24/7. The ones that are out in the open can gently caress right off and or spend time with the fine people of AFA.

All SD-supporters should be called out for their tacit or explicit support of racists. gently caress the lot of them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

Listhaug had an assistant run her some accounts and that went really well....for everbody else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Alhazred posted:

Listhaug had an assistant run her some accounts and that went really well....for everbody else.

lol that kid is such a fukken dweeb