Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

They collapse under the weight of their fat boomer owners, who then die by shattering their spine/skull on the stonework. The house then returns to the market, waiting for its next victim.

Suddenly, I approve of this design.

Sadly, those appear to be impact-friendly foam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://www.domain.com.au/30-norval-crescent-coolaroo-vic-3048-2015167772

Hello, beautiful.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Settle in with a cup of tea and watch a few episodes of CCTV footage

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Did they go out of their way to put the tables outside of the rugs

E: still that's not even in the top 30 most disconcerting things about this house

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I love the perfectly bland track homes that turn out to be Liberache's vacation home inside. Also is it normal to have the bidet in a separate room from the actual toilet because that seems like an awkward setup.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The green and orange room with the pink furniture sure is something. Almost didn't notice what's going on with the window and pictures.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wtf where is this house? why does it need that type of window covering and that security system?? And then add all the rest of my questions on top of that

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

bring back old gbs posted:

wtf where is this house? why does it need that type of window covering and that security system?? And then add all the rest of my questions on top of that

I'm thinking hurricanes. Or they are needed to contain the sheer amount of color inside the house.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Those sorts of shutters are just a thing in Australia. Idk why. Mostly old people have them. Its in victoria so its not for cyclones, our cyclones are all 2500km north of that house

E: and they are definitely old, they have a swingset in the yard for the grandkids, no way someones raising children in that home

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 20, 2019

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

underage at the vape shop posted:

Those sorts of shutters are just a thing in Australia. Idk why. Mostly old people have them. Its in victoria so its not for cyclones, our cyclones are all 2500km north of that house

The shutters keep the brown people and southeast Asians out.

Or in, if you’re in the trafficking business.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I think I registered it as a window at first, but LOL at two TVs on opposite walls of the same room so people can passive aggressively watch TV past each other

Either that or that is the fanciest sports bar and/or podiatrist waiting room I've ever seen

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
just lol if you don't sit in the back and watch one tv with each eye like an iguana

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I cant recall if it was this thread or the Renting thread someone was asking about window coverings:

Rabbitgoo 3D Window Films Privacy Film Static Decorative Film Non-Adhesive Heat Control Anti UV 17.7In. by 78.7In is only $6 with coupon code 30BESTFILM

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Another McMansion, complete with rural industrial decor in places, what appears to be laminate all over (though I could be wrong) and more!
Only $5.799M!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1-Lakeview-Point-Ave-Branchville-NJ-07826/39928259_zpid/

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Another McMansion, complete with rural industrial decor in places, what appears to be laminate all over (though I could be wrong) and more!
Only $5.799M!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1-Lakeview-Point-Ave-Branchville-NJ-07826/39928259_zpid/

That’s a pretty sweet lake house. I doubt that’s somebody’s primary residence. I think you’re wrong about the laminate too. Not exactly my style but there’s a lot of expensive woodwork in there.

It’s prefinished flooring in the main entryway but it’s definitely not laminate.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ah thets jest a Alabama doublewide, move on nuthin to see.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Only $5.799M!

It appears to have a few odd layout and design choices, but I would gladly live there.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Does anyone know of a BATTERY POWERED window fan? The bathroom window is over the tub, and it gets really swampy in there, especially when someone takes two showers a day and forgets to re-open the window to vent it out. I just want a small fan to circulate air in there for like, 20 minutes, then turn off.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Mr. Mambold posted:

Ah thets jest a Alabama doublewide, move on nuthin to see.
RMFT, y'all.

It's a little too red and not quite crimson enough though.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's not the first time a crimson tide has been seen in a bathroom.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Only $5.799M!

I would bet that flooring is the porcelain/ceramic wood-look tile. But it looks like poo poo since there's so much of it you can see repeats, use some real wood you cheap dipshits. Or at least use some natural looking color like slate.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Only $5.799M!

I don't know about y'all but when I go to the lake I like to stay in a kinda lovely cabin for that genuine rustic charm (also I will be outside a lot of the time so who cares).

The top is the way it was when I was last there, but they seem to have redecorated.

If you need me I will be lounging on the dock.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Only $5.799M!

Something about this place is deeply unsettling. It started with the nine or ten chairs parked around the kitchen island like they're waiting for something, extended to the dozens upon dozens of coathooks in the mudroom, and then how many beds does each room need? WHICH ONE IS THE MASTER BEDROOM?? :ohdear:

I'm honestly trying to figure out if this was a high-end bed and breakfast or some kind of hosed-up Duggar compound. :tinfoil:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

It's a large family vacation house.

We have THIRTY people every summer and it's a chore to find a place to fit all of us. (get all the kids/cousins together....it's a great time for the kids and the adults, but more the kids)

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
escalating the wall words game to a new level

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
The cracks in those vertical members is deeply upsetting.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Load bearing cracks

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The cracks in those vertical members is deeply upsetting.

Why? Those are super solid. Half of that picture is amazing

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Why? Those are super solid. Half of that picture is amazing

Oh, I'm not worried about them being able to bear load, it's aesthetically distressing.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Motronic posted:

It's a large family vacation house.

We have THIRTY people every summer and it's a chore to find a place to fit all of us. (get all the kids/cousins together....it's a great time for the kids and the adults, but more the kids)

poo poo, I don't think I could name thirty family members, and my mother's side is Catholic.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this month's cover story for White Supremacist Living Rooms

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

luxury handset posted:

this month's cover story for White Supremacist Living Rooms

This looks like a room on a TV show where someone would walk in on a gruesome murder. Or get into a gunfight in the early morning hours.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It looks like the waiting room of a bank in the really high-end prissy town I used to work in. A soulless, completely-brand-new cover version of a cultivated collection of classic pieces. If there's a TV behind that painting, even moreso. There's also a Keurig off-frame, feel free to have a cup.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

It looks like the waiting room of a bank in the really high-end prissy town I used to work in. A soulless, completely-brand-new cover version of a cultivated collection of classic pieces. If there's a TV behind that painting, even moreso. There's also a Keurig off-frame, feel free to have a cup.

Nothing says “soulless corporate bank” like a painting of the confederacy riding into battle. I mean, to be fair I haven’t spent much time in bank branches in the Deep South so that may actually be entirely par for the course.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

This looks like a room on a TV show where someone would walk in on a gruesome murder. Or get into a gunfight in the early morning hours.

Yeah I could see them filming a scene of Justified in here easily.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It is illegal to enter that room without a mint julep in your hand

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Nothing says “soulless corporate bank” like a painting of the confederacy riding into battle. I mean, to be fair I haven’t spent much time in bank branches in the Deep South so that may actually be entirely par for the course.

Oh... Wow. I just saw it as an equestrian painting, which is absolutely normal for the setting. This is a fair bit more specific.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Oh... Wow. I just saw it as an equestrian painting, which is absolutely normal for the setting. This is a fair bit more specific.

Yeah, that's deffo Robert E Lee front and center there, and that's the stars n' bars behind him.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Only $5.799M!

This guy lives and works in New York City as a property developer, and a sick rear end lake house 90 minutes away is definitely worth his $6M.

$6M in the Hamptons gets you extra foam on your latte, not 8 beds and 8 baths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Bloop posted:

It is illegal to enter that room without a mint julep in your hand

Lol.

Scene: Django enters room with mint julep in one hand, rotating 6 barrel shotgun in the other, and some sass about the cracker on the horse on his lips....first round destroys Bobby Lee and horse.

sssssippppp