Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I could look upon the true face of mimikyu, and love them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

mandatory lesbian posted:

I could look upon the true face of mimikyu, and love them

Then you'll want to look at Lana, who turned into an unmasked Mimikyu in SM094 when she got angry at her sisters

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vinylshadow posted:

Drawing pokemon from memory by MAMETCHI

Perfect for a fangame, I imagine

Armored Serperior is rad and I'd love to see a throwdown between Deoxys and Ultra Necrozma

Get a load of that cool shuckle

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Remember parents to spray your children with a repel before letting them play outside, lest one of the many horrors which inhabit our world kidnap them or shatter their mind! At minimum, have your pet Charizard watch over them in case they wander near tall grass or into the Wild Area.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
If we're talking about legit caught shinies I have a few to share. My first (other than Gyarados) and probably favorite one was a Caterpie in Y version. He even has a Modest nature so I used him through that whole game. That whole line has amazing looking Shinies.

Then I didn't catch any more until I got into Shiny hunting in OmegaRuby after getting the Shiny Charm. I managed to get a Wailmer, Feebas, and Luvdisc all through the chain fishing method, and a Raltz with a Modest nature. Most recently I got a Shiny Pidgey and a Shiny Drowzee in Let's Go Pikachu but that's not as much of an accomplishment. My Drowzee has an unfortunate Adamant nature but I gave him a bunch of elemental punching moves so he's still pretty badass.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

My only "full odds" shiny across the series was Corphish, who was one of the last handful of monsters I needed to finish my dex for the shiny charm. It was pretty mind blowing to finally see one at such low odds, disappointing as his orange hue is.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
The only shiny I've ever caught is a ditto with 3 perfect IVs (because I was like 3 or 4 dittos shorts of a four IV ditto) the other ivs were literal garbage too haha.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Armored Serperior is rad and I'd love to see a throwdown between Deoxys and Ultra Necrozma

It's interesting how people drawing from memory unconsciously improve some of the designs. Miltank's nose looks a lot better than its actual nose, for example.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

homer simpson lookin miltank

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Mimikyu is a good, very good pokemon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Can't wait for the reveal of its Galarian evolution, Mimikwii

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mimikyu is awesome and I regret not using one in my Sun playthrough. Maybe I should go again. Or just get UltraSun if it's enough of an upgrade.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Eimi posted:

Mimikyu is awesome and I regret not using one in my Sun playthrough. Maybe I should go again. Or just get UltraSun if it's enough of an upgrade.

The Ultras are overall pretty good. It's been a while, but I can tell you I played them back to back and it was a good send off for the 3DS era.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Ada posted:

Remember parents to spray your children with a repel before letting them play outside, lest one of the many horrors which inhabit our world kidnap them or shatter their mind! At minimum, have your pet Charizard watch over them in case they wander near tall grass or into the Wild Area.

Children who survive to the age of 10 are drafted into becoming pokemon trainers for their own protection.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I've gotten a bunch of shinies from Wonder Trades, including a few almost-certainly-hacked legends and obviously-hacked mythics, but the only ones I can remember finding LEGIT are my Machamp and Magnezone, both of whom I caught... I think during my X run? It was either that or Alpha Sapphire. Used 'em both on my team for the run. I also bred a Shiny Charizard, who currently serves as a Mega Charizard X Dragon Dancer in my kinda-sorta-almost competitive team.

...I still have like... 10 or 11 boxes full of Charmanders with Dragon Dance sitting around in one of my games. I think Alpha Sapphire?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Eimi posted:

Ultrasun is slightly better mechanically (also, move tutors!!!), but the story doesn't change overmuch and a couple of scenes aren't as good.

Fair warning though, it's not like how BW2 were sequels to BW1, and would benefit from sticking with the same version. If you got Sun, you should probably pick up Ultra Moon, to get the other half's version exclusives.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah! I sure want a world without a level curve again, that was so much fun in GSC!

Worked out for RBY. I remember people saying that the openness is the best part of Let's Go.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Vinylshadow posted:

If I wasn't at work I think I'd impulse-buy that Croagunk as a new avatar.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Worked out for RBY. I remember people saying that the openness is the best part of Let's Go.

They could also go full Crystal Clear and have the levels of Trainers' Pokemon (or at least of the ones in Gyms) scale to the number of badges the player has.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Diet Poison posted:

If I wasn't at work I think I'd impulse-buy that Croagunk as a new avatar.

Here you go. Gotta keep the forums alive and all.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Ash has beaten Candice in the anime and Chimchar still isn't a Monferno yet. I kept expecting it to evolve for extra power against Abomasnow, but it won as a Chimchar. Looks like the next episode will involve Paul, so maybe it will finally evolve then.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Vinylshadow posted:

Deoxys is cosplaying as Zero apparently.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I caught a few shinys in ultra wormholes which I don't really count, I caught a shiny Pidove in the wild in my recent B2 playthrough (the shiny Unfeazant is uglier than the regular one!), and a shiny Honedge in X. I've bred 7 shiny Eevees (so far), a shiny Mimikyu, and a shiny Bagon (which was surprisingly quick, I needed less than 30 eggs)

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Ive only had one random shiny - Mareep an Black 2. It is cool and good.

I’ve spent hundreds of hours shiny hunting tho. It’s good, free, and fun! Looking for a shiny yungoos right now to finish that line!

Edit: we did it!

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 21, 2019

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I have all kinds of random shinies but the only one I’ve actively hunted for was Poipole because shiny Naganadel being a giant bee is cool as hell.

Imagine my pain when gamefreak gave it out for free.

Imagine my pain when I can’t bring it to swoshi.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it sucks that I probably won't be able to bring my beautiful shiny Kartana or any of the Tapus to swish :(

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

My shiny experience across the series has been pretty tame. I once found three wild shinies in X (two in horde battles, one in friend safari). I had never found one before, and I don't think I've found others after either, IIRC. There's obviously been the occasional event one, and in fact my first legit shiny was an Eevee distributed in the European VGC 2010 (the HGSS era). I've been playing those drat games since the very start and, even though I generally breed tons of mons for competitive purposes, I've never actually hatched a shiny.

ReverseStratum
Jan 20, 2019

Sideshow.
The only shiny I've encountered (that wasn't the red gyrados or blatantly hacked ones from trade) was a shiny relicanth in Y I got from chain fishing.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Silver2195 posted:

It's interesting how people drawing from memory unconsciously improve some of the designs. Miltank's nose looks a lot better than its actual nose, for example.

Spoiler: Those weren't actually drawn from memory.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Still sitting on a pile of shinies here if any of you guys want any. Seriously I got like 3 or 4 shiny drapians.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Flopsy posted:

Still sitting on a pile of shinies here if any of you guys want any. Seriously I got like 3 or 4 shiny drapians.

I would take a shiny Drapion! Just give it a nickname please. I’ll PM you with game info.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

I would take a shiny Drapion! Just give it a nickname please. I’ll PM you with game info.

Unfortunately I can't nickname any of em' they're all wonder trade shinies. I would if I could though, here's my info if you still want them:

FC: 5129-5306-3661

IGN: Kane

Also have tons more including legendaries so if there's anything else you want just ask, I might actually have it on hand.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I have a shiny Arceus from a wonder trade. I know it's probably injected anyway but can mythicals even be shiny?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Unless GF distributes them as such, no.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Kids are their own worst enemies sometimes. Imagine thinking you can be too old for something you enjoy.

No judgment intended btw, I grew out of Power Rangers back in like Elementary school and now I'm a huge Tokusatsu fan. Pokemon though I've never stopped playing.

Gen 3 was a big jumping off point for a lot of people (myself included) because it was on Gameboy Advance. I came back for Gen 4 because the idea of Pokémon with a touch screen menu blew my mind.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

galagazombie posted:

I have a shiny Arceus from a wonder trade. I know it's probably injected anyway but can mythicals even be shiny?

If it's one gotten from an event (aurora ticket, member card, azure flute although that itself was never able to be legitimately obtained) before gen 5, yes.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I like how almost every ghost has some terrifying backstory... except for Golett and Golurk, who are pretty much just here to help.

Also Rotom's more of a trickster that anything. Though Rotom-Dex gets to create its own terrifying lore with things like the highly contrasting Araquanid dex entries :v:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Paul.Power posted:

I like how almost every ghost has some terrifying backstory... except for Golett and Golurk, who are pretty much just here to help.

Also Rotom's more of a trickster that anything. Though Rotom-Dex gets to create its own terrifying lore with things like the highly contrasting Araquanid dex entries :v:

Rotom-Dex was sent from Hell to punish us.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Paul.Power posted:

Eh a lot of Ghosts are just generally kinda benevolent or harmless. Sableye just wants to eat gems, Pumpkaboo and Dusknoir shepherd lost spirits to rest, Misdreavus is just kind of a dick who plays practical jokes, and Decidueye is just an archer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Beachcomber posted:

Rotom-Dex was sent from Hell to punish us.
"Listen up Roto-A! Here's where I give you advice you didn't ask for!" :suicide: