Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's weird to me that IB is the most popular playlist while active

I hear it's really good if you're exceptionally bad or exceptionally good, but complete trash for the middle 70% of skill range

It's probably at least partially because of the powerful gear and bounties that anyone can do with time and effort.

Plus the sbmm is turned up to 11 so the never pvp nerds get a swath of easy games.

If ib swung back to connection only id play the gently caress out of it but it ain't so I won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Does any of the IB Titan armor roll with enhanced sniper targeting?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

got a new erentil drop:

torch + liquid/projection + hip fire + backup plan. it currently has 83 range with a range mw of 4 using projection fuse.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 21, 2019

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
doesn't get much better and i like hipfiring voops when the need calls

https://i.imgur.com/PjHWYwg.gifv

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So now I'm level 690,what's the most efficient way of getting up to level 750?

I'm kinda torn between doing that and cleaning up all the quests I've got left to complete off the back of an the dlc so far before the next one comes out.

I figured if I got up to 750 first the the rest of those quests would be fairly quick to do.

There's things like the warmind quest where I have to kill things with a certain handcannon.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kin posted:

I'm kinda torn between doing that and cleaning up all the quests I've got left to complete off the back of an the dlc so far before the next one comes out.

I figured if I got up to 750 first the the rest of those quests would be fairly quick to do.

There's things like the warmind quest where I have to kill things with a certain handcannon.

generally just do everything you can

the new stuff (menagerie, the new raid*, the robot bounties) will drop with bigger boosts than old stuff. However you should save those for when your gear is roughly equal, with nothing too far behind or ahead, so that you maximize gains and minimize the chance of getting repeats onto a slot that is already high.

Also you can use menagerie and black armory weapons to target specific slots, if they're lagging behind. Make sure your first chalice upgrades are power and efficiency 1 and 2, so you get the extra weekly powerfuls. You can use the reckoning bounties for helmets as well, but reckoning sucks rear end so.

If you run multiple characters, try to do everything you can on your characters one at a time. Save menagerie/BA until later, so that your weapons will be max power you can and then they'll boost up your alts. However don't miss out on any dailies that will be rolling over on your alts (see below).

If you're time pressed maybe avoid some of the longer weeklies (like reckoning, because it sucks and you'll fail a bunch and waste time).

You don't have to do every daily every day- they operate on a four day rolling cycle. Just make sure you get it done before it rolls over. Here's a schedule showing this. For example, Sunday will be the strike daily challenge. If you've got a daily strike available now, if you don't do it before then it will be 'wasted'.

However, note that the heroic adventure always has an 'extra' day on the weekly reset, so factor that in as well. (ie. if the usual rotation is on monday, you want to do it monday, so you can do it again on tuesday, but the next reset will still be on friday like usual, or if the usual rotation would be wednesday, if you get it done by monday you can double dip by doing it tuesday as well)

Also, I think that the various quest rewards are usually powerfuls? So again you can target specific slots if you look up the reward, I think

certain rank up thresholds for valor (crucible) and infamy (gambit) reputation are powerful as well. So make sure you take advantage of double/triple rep weeks. Right now is a double reputation week! You could try Iron Banner, since there are several powerful reward bounties, but IB will likely suck for you since you're under powered, so be warned. Also IB sucks in general.

*you are not ready for the raid

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 21, 2019

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

actionjackson posted:

got a new erentil drop:

torch + liquid/projection + hip fire + backup plan. it currently has 83 range with a range mw of 4 using projection fuse.

That is insane I wish mine had back up plan.

I have firmly planted which tells me that when crouched I "have increased accuracy, stability, and handling". I'm not sure if this even does anything but I'm getting around crouched all the time and I'm wondering whether it's worth it.

It has 86 range and 95 impact.

Projection Fuse
Firmly Planted
Tap the Trigger
Range masterwork

But backup plan....

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/RRx81CB.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Lv0ReVk.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Kin posted:

Do the biggest boost powerful stuff (menagerie and Werner bounties) first, then do the normal weekly stuff second to fill in the gaps

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Do the biggest boost powerful stuff (menagerie and Werner bounties) first, then do the normal weekly stuff second to fill in the gaps

There’s an argument to be made around saving Minaj powerfulls to target lagging slots but generally this dude is right

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If they're just starting out they have to unlock the higher rune tiers to be able to target everything so may as well just do whatever for the first week of powerfuls

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Don’t forget to accept or press Y on any menagerie triumphs you get. You’ll get more than you think with every run (this week’s secret triumph is easy) and when you accept them they gift you 500 imperials. I’d get power and efficiency I, II, and then unlock the far left three upgrades to be able to use green, red, and blue runes. That took me two weeks. But then every single activity you do gifts you runes. Then, the subsequent week, you can make the new weapons and armor using your chalice. It really owns to be able to select what loot you want.

I hope they never patch the re-zoning chest bug because you can get all three powerfuls and more with just one menagerie run. You can practically get the entire armor set in a single run.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

huh posted:

That is insane I wish mine had back up plan.

I have firmly planted which tells me that when crouched I "have increased accuracy, stability, and handling". I'm not sure if this even does anything but I'm getting around crouched all the time and I'm wondering whether it's worth it.

It has 86 range and 95 impact.

Projection Fuse
Firmly Planted
Tap the Trigger
Range masterwork

But backup plan....

This is still a very good roll. Slide before you shoot.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There’s an argument to be made around saving Minaj powerfulls to target lagging slots
that's how i finally hit 750 on 2 characters this week so far. i would definitely hold off on those.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/ClWixsq.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/PP4Wbhl.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/QPFePZ5.gifv

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That first one is hilarious and that third one is loving mint holy poo poo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
From the depths of the Shaolin (secret slack) comes the following, which seems p good.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Blind Rasputin posted:

I hope they never patch the re-zoning chest bug because you can get all three powerfuls and more with just one menagerie run. You can practically get the entire armor set in a single run.

Wait, what? This is one I've never heard of. What's the method

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

My rear end feels real ate.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

PathAsc posted:

Wait, what? This is one I've never heard of. What's the method

After you get your rewards add more runes to your chalice then turn around and run out of the room till you see the name change in the bottom left. Then turn around and open the chest again. Repeat 4-5+ times depending on how quick you are.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sultan Tarquin posted:

After you get your rewards add more runes to your chalice then turn around and run out of the room till you see the name change in the bottom left. Then turn around and open the chest again. Repeat 4-5+ times depending on how quick you are.

poo poo, I didn't think this was still a thing, I thought they actually did fix this

Thanks!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yes. It is great as you can get all 3 powerful rewards and one or two non-powerful in one menag run, per character. And since you can pick your loot, you can fill three specific needed slots with powerfuls.

It’s honestly the best drat destiny I’ve ever had.

Just run fast into the next area until the name appears in the bottom left, then reslot runes, and run back to the chest and reopen. Someone posted these handy charts in the slack group which are great great.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Same, but it still works. I did it today to get like 8 erentils.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Once you get rune 3 (I think) you very often get double drops from the last chest as well. I did three chests and got five erentils

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's a good method to increase your light. I got to 730 overall today by snagging a class item, legs and terrible sub machine gun.

Then used the forge to boost my power weapon.

Having a way to upgrade a slot specifically has been what the system was lacking. I like it a lot.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
mah fukkin back

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I did the impossible

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I finished all of that stupid quest but now I have to play somewhere between 30 and 50 matches to buy the 2 shaders and sparrow :suicide:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Mazerunner posted:

I did the impossible

The crucible thorn and the last word quest steps I have both nearly finished in IB. That loving grenade step is still not even close.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV4yCHYEOqM

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

The crucible thorn and the last word quest steps I have both nearly finished in IB. That loving grenade step is still not even close.

Heart of Inmost Light and/or Contraverse Holds are giving 15-20% grenade kills a match.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think I can stop doing Iron Banner for weapons

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

Heart of Inmost Light and/or Contraverse Holds are giving 15-20% grenade kills a match.

It's a shame hunters don't have a good option. They'll just have to skip grenades and hope their teammates do it for them.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a shame hunters don't have a good option. They'll just have to skip grenades and hope their teammates do it for them.

My last grenade kill I had to consciously stop shooting my enemy and just hope they stood in my grenade long enough. Mostly I did let my teammates handle it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah if you don't have a way to turn your grenades into reliable one-hit kills your best bet is to hit them with a short burst from an SMG or AR and then grenade. You will trade a lot but eventually get there.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/8y4IATa.gifv

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yes. It is great as you can get all 3 powerful rewards and one or two non-powerful in one menag run, per character. And since you can pick your loot, you can fill three specific needed slots with powerfuls.

It’s honestly the best drat destiny I’ve ever had.

Just run fast into the next area until the name appears in the bottom left, then reslot runes, and run back to the chest and reopen. Someone posted these handy charts in the slack group which are great great.

I just tried this but i think my run was bugged. My power level is 700 but all i got was gear at level 695 :/

I've still to unlock runes and slots and whatnot too (i only have whatever the quest-line got me to do). What's the quickest way to farm imperials to level up what i need to complete that chart?

Edit: and bugger me there's loads of stuff going on in the game now. I just went through the Forsaken post game quest and now I've got an entirely new area with more weekly drops. I've not even carried on with any black armory stuff after initially operning it up. Presumably i should do that next as there's gonna be a vendor for more weekly gear?

Kin fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 22, 2019

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a limited number of powerful drops per week from menagerie; this number will go up with an upgraded chalice.

Kin posted:

I've still to unlock runes and slots and whatnot too (i only have whatever the quest-line got me to do). What's the quickest way to farm imperials to level up what i need to complete that chart?

Keep playing Menagerie, it drops imperials pretty often. Buy the "Power and Efficiency 2" upgrade which will let imperials drop from playlist activities. Every week, buy and use the 3 drop boosters from the robots and loot all the chests on the imperial barge on Nessus (they reset).

If you really want to powerlevel, you can repeatedly loot the chest at the end of the menagerie by running out of the boss zone and returning with a fresh set of runes in the chalice. You can use this to very quickly get the full armor set and full weapon set (500 each for the triumphs) plus whatever drops from the chest itself.

quote:

Edit: and bugger me there's loads of stuff going on in the game now. I just went through the Forsaken post game quest and now I've got an entirely new area with more weekly drops. I've not even carried on with any black armory stuff after initially operning it up. Presumably i should do that next as there's gonna be a vendor for more weekly gear?

Yes, finishing the Black Armory questline is good for 3 additional powerfuls per week and it's a decent set of gear.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think I can stop doing Iron Banner for weapons

I got the exact same roll down to the range MW but I have moving target instead of planted. I'm not sure I can ever get off my BUP bullshit tho.

No Axe with opening shot. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It won't be too bad with Nova Warp and Handheld Supernova warlocks in abundance.