Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
guess fnox needs to study some economic history, starting with the 2014 oil crash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

fnox posted:

you don't think someone can get lynched for reasons other than white supremacy?

yeah but it's a stretch to think those people that got lynched were making D&D posts

fnox
May 19, 2013

why is it still going down if prices recovered. also, why is production not going up as prices spike in 2009-2012.

Lord of Pie posted:

yeah but it's a stretch to think those people that got lynched were making D&D posts

cute.

any other evidence of white supremacy on my part?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

fnox posted:

why is it still going down if prices recovered. also, why is production not going up as prices spike in 2009-2012.

You can literally see production go up on the graph. It's a sharp vertical line upward, almost as though increasing production requires the construction of new capital which takes a lot of time and money.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Also prices never recovered, you can see that on the graph I linked.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fnox posted:

ok, evidence of what specifically are you talking about? because I can probably find it.

btw they did bang about it 24/7 it wasn't on every headline because tbh atrocities occurring abroad barely blip in the american news cycle unless they're of really absurd scales.

yea, quietly burying atrocities that happen somewhere is clearly what the US media does when the US is chomping at the bit to go gently caress over that country lol

and then you go and say that other people need to learn history when you're this goddamn ignorant of how the world works

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Can we import someone less dense from the D&D thread to yell at.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fnox posted:

lol why does the price spike when demand is high and supply is low says man who claims to understand economics

fnox
May 19, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

You can literally see production go up on the graph. It's a sharp vertical line upward, almost as though increasing production requires the construction of new capital which takes a lot of time and money.

it can't correlate only when you want it to. so why did production not recover by 2016 like it did in every other oil exporting country before then? the sanctions that would have affected this came into power august 2017, what happened before then?

Cerebral Bore posted:

yea, quietly burying atrocities that happen somewhere is clearly what the US media does when the US is chomping at the bit to go gently caress over that country lol

and then you go and say that other people need to learn history when you're this goddamn ignorant of how the world works

which ones are you talking about you loving idiot? I can't find you poo poo if you don't tell me what the gently caress are you talking about

fnox has issued a correction as of 11:40 on Jun 21, 2019

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

fnox posted:

it can't correlate only when you want it to. so why did production not recover by 2016 like it did in every other oil exporting country before then? the sanctions that would have affected this came into power august 2017, what happened before then?

which ones are you talking about you loving idiot?

Norwegian oil production increased all of 12% from 2014 to 2016. Absolutely no country on earth recovered to 2014 levels before this year.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Like, https://www.fool.com/investing/2016/12/17/what-happened-to-oil-prices-in-2016.aspx

fnox
May 19, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

Norwegian oil production increased all of 12% from 2014 to 2016. Absolutely no country on earth recovered to 2014 levels before this year.

Why did Venezuela drop more than any other oil exporting country. if the crash were to be what caused the drop shouldn't production level back out as prices went up? why is it steadily going down.'

can you at least admit maduro had some fault in this?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fnox posted:

which ones are you talking about you loving idiot? I can't find you poo poo if you don't tell me what the gently caress are you talking about

yea, it's hard to find things that didn't happen, isn't it?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Btw Brent oil was still relatively depressed until late 2017 and Venezuelan prices are usually significantly lower than Brent. If anything the timing of the sanctions seems to line up with a possible recovery prices and the US intentionally kneecapped PSVDA.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

yea, it's hard to find things that didn't happen, isn't it?

which things you dumb oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

30.5 Days posted:

I wonder why no one jumped at the chance to invest in more oil drilling, or loaned Venezuela money to do so. Pretty surefire investment isn't it?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fnox posted:

which things you dumb oval office

if you insist, anything that maduro's done that's worse than what pinochet did

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

30.5 Days posted:

Can we import someone less dense from the D&D thread to yell at.

Not only does he represent all venezuelan voices (well, not those venezuelans) he is also the communal voice of D&D

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

fnox posted:

Why did Venezuela drop more than any other oil exporting country. if the crash were to be what caused the drop shouldn't production level back out as prices went up? why is it steadily going down.'

can you at least admit maduro had some fault in this?

It's probably steadily going down because the 2014 crash cut margins to the extent that maintenance wasn't financially possible, and despite your claims of a price recovery, that didn't actually happen until late 2017. That said, you can literally see production cuts that line up with price crashes, this poo poo isn't complicated.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hey guys, I'm not going to just take your word that venezuela's oil industry's fortunes are a result of material conditions. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and I'm a leetle bit skeptical that it's anything other than "maduro bad".

fnox
May 19, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

if you insist, anything that maduro's done that's worse than what pinochet did

https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-america-latina-40957239

https://el-helicoide.pilots.bbcconnectedstudio.co.uk/es/index.html

https://www.abc.es/internacional/abci-abc-destapa-videos-torturas-servicio-inteligencia-maduro-201903202058_video.html

Not worse, but pretty close to just what a classic murderous dictatorship does.

30.5 Days posted:

It's probably steadily going down because the 2014 crash cut margins to the extent that maintenance wasn't financially possible, and despite your claims of a price recovery, that didn't actually happen until late 2017. That said, you can literally see production cuts that line up with price crashes, this poo poo isn't complicated.

It crashed, prices started going up, but production kept going down. Do you not see how this poo poo doesn't correlate? Why does Venezuela need oil prices to be over $70 to even maintain their levels? could it be mismanagement?

fnox has issued a correction as of 12:03 on Jun 21, 2019

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Maduro clogged up all the drills with empanadas

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Like idk man maybe venezuela's margins are tighter because the state sells fuel below cost- but that program was started like 30 years ago before chavistas were in power, not sure you can pin that one on maduro.

fnox
May 19, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

Like idk man maybe venezuela's margins are tighter because the state sells fuel below cost- but that program was started like 30 years ago before chavistas were in power, not sure you can pin that one on maduro.

below cost is an understatement. cheaper than water is the actual reality of it. there is no reason whatsoever for it to be that cheap and the only reason why Maduro doens't increase it to something sensible is entirely because it'd be a political loss for him.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

30.5 Days posted:

They got heavy crude refineries?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

420 Gank Mid posted:

Not only does he represent all venezuelan voices (well, not those venezuelans) he is also the communal voice of D&D

let's see here

-doesn't understand basic economics
-doesn't understand history or is at least incapable of learning from it
-doesn't understand that material conditions exist, ot at least isn't willing to admit that they have any impact
-doesn't argue about things on their merits, but instead demands that his opinion should be considered true by default
-at times doesn't even seem to understand what's even being argued

yea, checks out

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Did your dull brain think the 37 people were executed, or do you think prison riots are worse than anything that happened under pinochet?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

fnox posted:

below cost is an understatement. cheaper than water is the actual reality of it. there is no reason whatsoever for it to be that cheap and the only reason why Maduro doens't increase it to something sensible is entirely because it'd be a political loss for him.

So maduro is worse than pinochet because he has not undone a bad policy that's been around for several decades?

fnox
May 19, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

let's see here

-doesn't understand basic economics
-doesn't understand history or is at least incapable of learning from it
-doesn't understand that material conditions exist, ot at least isn't willing to admit that they have any impact
-doesn't argue about things on their merits, but instead demands that his opinion should be considered true by default
-at times doesn't even seem to understand what's even being argued

yea, checks out

what about the poo poo I just posted? not grim enough for you? I don't think quelacreo.com is still up but the videos are out there anyway.

ah, dude was right you're all loving worthless. you can keep the D&D thread. donate to the red cross, peace.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Btw Venezuela crude is naturally just heavy and commands a lower price than other crude.

Either way it is clear in 2017 that production takes a massive dive.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Corky Romanovsky posted:

They got heavy crude refineries?

IDK whether it's "heavy" or whatever, but they got refineries yeah - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-idUSKCN1P22CI

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I did not know this about venezuelan oil.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hey fnox, is your last name something like mengele-eichmann?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fnox posted:

what about the poo poo I just posted? not grim enough for you? I don't think quelacreo.com is still up but the videos are out there anyway.

i guess i see those mostly as an admission that you can't actually prove that large-scale atrocities are happening on the reg and hence that things can actually get worse, especially since you yourself describe what you showed as what any old dictatorship does, and hence that you're admitting that you're full of poo poo.

so peace out, buddy. sorry you couldn't handle a non-echo chamber

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ardennes posted:

Btw Venezuela crude is naturally just heavy and commands a lower price than other crude.

Either way it is clear in 2017 that production takes a massive dive.

They can eek out a bit more if someone, say Koch industries, invests in heavy crude refining in the US gulf, and they have no way to pipe in Canadian tar sands.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

pretty sure the kochs own the only heavy crude refinery in north america. galveston maybe?

at any rate you gotta pay about half the price of the barrel on your own just to get it to market.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Read the op

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"listen to venezuelans" in D&D = "listen to black women" in donut twitter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t know if your still reading but I would like to mention that being from a country doesn’t make you an impartial voice. Everyone has their own biases that determine how they view events. During the financial crisis if you asked A Republican and a democrat who where at fault they would give two different answers. You can’t listen to both when they contradict each other but they both live here.

you see the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

The power just went out where I work, and they're not expecting it to come back all day. This is just proof that capitalism does not work, and also proof that the mismanagement of the Trump regime must come to an end. I invite the Chinese military to come liberate us at their earliest convenience.