Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
A parrot eating chicken is no more cannibalism than a human eating a cow.

But it did look pretty funny when our dear old baldy macaw would hold a chicken drumstick in his foot at the end of a very similar looking drumstick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I saw a rooster peck into the skull of a garter snake to kill it and then choke it down like one thick piece of spaghetti.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Ganggangs

Bourkes

Galahs

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

HEY GUNS posted:

Ganggangs

Bourkes

Galahs

these are a few of my favorite things

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

JJ let me give him head pets today. :smug:

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

A parrot eating chicken is no more cannibalism than a human eating a cow.

But it did look pretty funny when our dear old baldy macaw would hold a chicken drumstick in his foot at the end of a very similar looking drumstick

Cricket is way too little to manage to hold a normal size drumstick in her little foot. But, she does manage to hold a little wing drummette in her foot just fine....and thinks she is the bee's knees when she has one lol

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

redgubbinz posted:

these are a few of my favorite things
i guess i just like pink and grey

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/nononoagi/status/1138957375254061057

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Sleepy lemon

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lutinos are great colors.

Fun fact: Parakeets can having many colors but red is an impossibility.

my dad bought a parakeet because it had a hint of red on its head thinking it was a genetic flaw opening up the door to that color. after a molt it was confirmed it was just red food coloring from the seed mix it was eating

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

EVIL Gibson posted:

Fun fact: Parakeets can having many colors but red is an impossibility.

they don't need red, they can just roll around in the red dirt of the outback

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
If you want red you could always get a Bourke. :3:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Captain Log posted:

If you want red you could always get a Bourke. :3:

Every time I hear about these little guys I want one; they sound like such sweeties :3:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

So cute! I miss my happy lemon. My new lime is starting to make a constant stream of songs which is great, I missed budgie songs these past two weeks. He's so difficult to get back into his cage that I don't really bother unless I'm going out for more than an hour. He'll fly away from my hand and finger when I bring it close to him but he's not otherwise afraid of me.

As an aside, I really wanted a white budgie, a yellow one and a blue one + a pink bourke's in its own home. For reasons.

Also, I knew this thread would understand birds eating birds. You guys know how taxonomy works.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/foxfeather/status/1141854627471724544

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Every night before bed, Serra and I share a toasted english sourdough muffin with cream Swiss cheese.

The whole routine is very, very important.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Captain Log posted:

Every night before bed, Serra and I share a toasted english sourdough muffin with cream Swiss cheese.

The whole routine is very, very important.

Oh god, food routines are SO IMPORTANT, but only when it's special food. I used to have cottage cheese as part of my breakfast and every day Pookie got a single curd of cheese to have with her own beakfast. I switched to yoghurt a couple of weeks ago for a change and she does not like plain yoghurt at all, but every morning she still need to check if the terrible yoghurt has switched back to delicious cottage cheese. She does get a chunk of granola to make up for the disappointment, but still...

A couple of days ago I was eating an icepop and letting her take the odd bite. Normally I also give her the stick with the last chunk attached so she can eat it at her own pace, but this time she decided that she deserved a much MUCH bigger portion. The thing was barely half gone but when I held it out so she could take a bite she grabbed the stick and I had to fecking fight with her to get it back. She is surprisingly strong when she's got a good grip on her perch.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 21, 2019

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Pesto is starting to play with things and the results are cute! How long before he starts stealing my food?

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 21, 2019

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can I feed a Senegal parrot any insects?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

I wouldn't! Not because they don't eat bugs in the wild, but because you have no idea if your local bugs contain compounds toxic to your bird.

Unless you happen to live near where Senegal parrots exist naturally.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Pesto is starting to play with things and the results are cute! How long before he starts stealing my food?

Budgie playing is so adorably violent :3:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

praise the O R B

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Faerie Fortune posted:

praise the O R B

“Henlo, New Thing. I am best birb. Scritch now, plz.”

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

We need more sennie pics in the thread tho

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Karma Comedian posted:

We need more sennie pics in the thread tho

Sennie with sunnies?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Chaosfeather posted:

Sennie with sunnies?

I'll take sennies any way they come tbh

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

I've heard from my local avian vet techs that they offer dried mealworms, (like for chickens? ) to their birds and they love them! Just as an occasional treat tho. I figure if it is safe for chickens its prob safe for the parrots, but, chickens are kinda garbage disposals too....so yeah.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah mealworms and pet store crickets would probably be fine, I wouldn't offer anything you just randomly caught though

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm too close to ag land to trust the wild bugs not to have pesticide build up and stuff. I kinda meant pet store bugs anyway. I'll post some pics of the little shrieking avocado soon. Is any image host preferred over another? I've never posted a pic to forums from mobile.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

imgur and imgbb work well for me on mobile platforms

I'm old though and :bahgawd: KIDS THESE DAYS :bahgawd: are likely to have recommendations for apps that are easier to use

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

How did someone photograph the inside of my brain?!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Also, I'm now ready for the 2020 election cycle -

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Pesto has been pruning my Cissus plant, lopping entire branches off of it, throwing leaves and pebbles everywhere. It's non-toxic but I don't like the idea of his beak digging around in indoor soil that's probably full of fungus.

Then again birds eat garbage off the ground in the wild so I'm sure he'll by fine. I just don't want him chewing on anything poisonous. :(

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Random video of not much going on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9gL1Kd136A
(I realize most videos I post have them inside the cage... it's not that they don't get out. Rather they won't let me film them, in particular Pion, while they're out.)

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Pesto has been pruning my Cissus plant, lopping entire branches off of it, throwing leaves and pebbles everywhere. It's non-toxic but I don't like the idea of his beak digging around in indoor soil that's probably full of fungus.

Then again birds eat garbage off the ground in the wild so I'm sure he'll by fine. I just don't want him chewing on anything poisonous. :(
Recently I discovered mine love cabbage. I'm thinking I should attempt to grow some in a pot and let them go nibble at it whenever.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Have you considered getting several more Pestos so you can sit in a big room o' budgies?

Terror Ninja
Oct 23, 2008

:byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Is he doing the Fonzie from Happy Days, “Aaaaaaay!!!”

:3: