Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guildencrantz posted:

Biden hated young people and fun even before he was old. It's admirable consistency in policy, really, just like Bernie.

He didn't even want to use drug laws to shut down the raves -- he just hates kids having a good time. :psyduck:

(As an elder, I also hate kids having a good time, but I know it's something you do when you're young. :corsair:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Arcade gaming is a most egalitarian form of gaming and that is a fact unblemished by neither hot take nor the latest haute couture

the most egalitarian form, however, is a Melty Blood tournament held in a bathroom stall

smr
Dec 18, 2002

I like the Will, Amber, Matt trio on this latest ep. It's not as funny as a real good episode with the full crew, but the discussion was solid as hell.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Stringent posted:

enjoyed the new episode, will's Warren takes were spot on
It's my favourite kind of Chapo episode, a leftist discussion of contemporary politics by people with a sarcastic and downright hateful sense of humour.

It feels weird for them to discuss Iran without Felix around.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

smr posted:

I like the Will, Amber, Matt trio on this latest ep. It's not as funny as a real good episode with the full crew, but the discussion was solid as hell.

Agreed 100%. Matt + Will + Amber was a great combo.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Halloween Jack posted:

It's my favourite kind of Chapo episode, a leftist discussion of contemporary politics by people with a sarcastic and downright hateful sense of humour.

Yeah same

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1142107747254788097

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

The discussion they had on this was really loving good actually

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao she sucks so bad

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Nah she's absolutely correct that political discourse is absolutely exhausted and not at all responsive to the world we now live in.

Love to seize on the cultural conservativism point to ignore her absolutely correct critique that woke global capitalism is going to eat us alive and the left has no coherent answer with enough power or legitimacy to even slow it down

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

terrorist ambulance posted:

Nah she's absolutely correct that political discourse is absolutely exhausted and not at all responsive to the world we now live in.

Love to seize on the cultural conservativism point to ignore her absolutely correct critique that woke global capitalism is going to eat us alive and the left has no coherent answer with enough power or legitimacy to even slow it down

Thankfully Angela Nagle is here to provide the left with the solution its' missing, more racism.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ah yes the side that's had issues with capitalism longer is definitely the one with the problem.

also tucker carlson is talking to decently well off old assholes so i'm not sure who she think his audience is.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 21, 2019

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

420 Gank Mid posted:

Thankfully Angela Nagle is here to provide the left with the solution its' missing, more racism.

Pointing out that the issue will increasingly be multinational, unaccountable corporations that rival or exceed the states power and that traditional right/left divides don't respond at all to that is racist, I agree. Good diagnosis

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Pointing out that the issue will increasingly be multinational, unaccountable corporations that rival or exceed the states power and that traditional right/left divides don't respond at all to that is racist, I agree. Good diagnosis

Funny way to misrepresent shifting the blame onto migrants and dog whistling about 'border security'

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

420 Gank Mid posted:

Funny way to misrepresent shifting the blame onto migrants and dog whistling about 'border security'

Are we reading the same quote?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

her point is pretty salient, but I'll lend it more belief when I see someone on the right start railing against capital in that grand-standing Theodore Roosevelt fashion

sheesh, it's not even novel thought, now that I wrote it down

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Are we reading the same quote?

Because i'm not a goldfish I remember things she's written more than 12 hours old

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Namely this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Victory Position posted:

her point is pretty salient, but I'll lend it more belief when I see someone on the right start railing against capital in that grand-standing Theodore Roosevelt fashion

sheesh, it's not even novel thought, now that I wrote it down

the problem with nagle's point is that it requires taking the right at its word. trump says drain the swamp and the hogs lap it up but they're supporting possibly the most corrupt and brazen administration in american history. his base are petty tyrant business owners and other well-off white suburbanites. his base is the villages. tucker carlson is a millionaire backed by billionaires. none of them mean this stuff it's just empty gesturing.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Look, I appreciate the effort that you're all putting into this. It was a clever series of moves, and I'm sure your hidden paymasters will be proud of your work. Nonetheless, your efforts have failed. I still don't give a gently caress about Red Scare.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yeah like, I agree that there should be a response to Tucker Carlson, but I'm not sure "go on his show, yuck it up with him, agree with him on everything, and be his best friend" is the correct one, but I'm not a premiere leftist intellecutal.

edit: Like, there's a part of me that suspects that when Nagle talks about how "we have to watch out for a right wing that blends populist leftism into social conservatism" what she really means is "If this happens I will definitely vote for it".

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 21, 2019

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I loved the last episode's Garfield conversation. No traction of Amber being Nermal? Come on!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Chexoid posted:

Like, there's a part of me that suspects that when Nagle talks about how "we have to watch out for a right wing that blends populist leftism into social conservatism" what she really means is "If this happens I will definitely vote for it".
Nagle appears to have figured out that grousing about SJW campus politics appeals to both the right and some people on the left, and that she can get away with never being straightforward and honest about her own views on social issues. As a result I find her to be an irritating provocateur who is no longer worth taking seriously.

Did nobody post Amber's favourite song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

haha i just listened to the RANGE15 episode again. something felix doesn't point out about the MMA guy whose book he reads a post about is the guy is super christian now and married the girl he made out with who was a middle schooler when he was in college.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Matt Hughes is a legit psychopath and one of the worst people in MMA. Total chud.

He's the sort of person who becomes a born-again Christian because without some kind of code he'd be dead or in prison, and because the idea of an omnipotent personal savior appeals to his utter selfishness. He's also the kind of chud who makes an entire identity out of being a country boy who eats country breakfasts and does farm work on his farm. The kind of guy who not only is a serial rapist, we know he's a serial rapist because he brags about how many teenage girls he hosed when he was in college.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
He definitely forced himself on his wife mere days after she gave birth and then wrote about it explicitly in his autobiography.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1142160996133494785?s=19

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Felix was so jetlagged he woke up at 8am and is very cranky

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

Matt Hughes is a legit psychopath and one of the worst people in MMA. Total chud.

He's the sort of person who becomes a born-again Christian because without some kind of code he'd be dead or in prison, and because the idea of an omnipotent personal savior appeals to his utter selfishness. He's also the kind of chud who makes an entire identity out of being a country boy who eats country breakfasts and does farm work on his farm. The kind of guy who not only is a serial rapist, we know he's a serial rapist because he brags about how many teenage girls he hosed when he was in college.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

He definitely forced himself on his wife mere days after she gave birth and then wrote about it explicitly in his autobiography.

yeah i actually hunted down the blog post and it gets way worse than what felix read. and it wasn't just after giving birth - she had surgery and the day she came home he forced himself on her.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

420 Gank Mid posted:

Felix was so jetlagged he woke up at 8am and is very cranky

It's a perfect petri dish to test nearly every theory anyone had about Twitter and Dry Boy approval being a major factor on one's chance of being elected on, so he somehow created a situation that could get really, really stupid in the following days.

Serf
May 5, 2011

follow policing is stupid, but come on felix, let this one go

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

felix's awful av fits really well there.

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

whats going on here? is lee carter cancelled

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bastaman Vibration posted:

It appears some dude Felix follows was being lovely about Carter being a victim of domestic abuse, so Carter made the tweet above.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 21, 2019

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Carter's domestic abuse,

what

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Bastaman Vibration posted:

he stands accused of being horny on main, the most grievous of posting crimes

Carter is a survivor of sexual assault

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

he was in a relationship with a psycho.

https://medium.com/@leecarter_16233/why-i-didnt-report-my-abuser-until-i-did-e9d0a4dbae8c

edit: yeah yeah don't follow police but I scanned that guy's timeline and he's a real winner that one. good taste Felix.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1142162101978435584

Lmao imagine having this much of a meltdown when your entire job is twitch streaming and doing a podcast 2 times a week.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1142162101978435584

Lmao imagine having this much of a meltdown when your entire job is twitch streaming and doing a podcast 2 times a week.

haha felix is melting down hard