Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Wow, my youtube BREAKING NEWS and my phone's push notifications are showing me the same 'A CRAZY GROEN-LINKS Member of Parliament was just ARRESTED' notification of three different outlets. Did he kill someone because I refuse to click the links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i checked out the latest google news updates on Italy and i was actually surprised to see that they put another security degree into law. i shouldn't be, but here i am

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

i checked out the latest google news updates on Italy and i was actually surprised to see that they put another security degree into law. i shouldn't be, but here i am

that is also the decree to make italy jump category a full place into semi-authoritarian, in that it equates peaceful protest with violent dissent in the eyes of the law, increases police discretionary powers and heavily increases sanctions for 'unauthorized' protesting. not only that, it shifts the burden of dealing with immigration related crimes to the local anti-mafia units, which were special judiciary units tasked with investigating and punishing organized crime. the reason for this is all too obvious. finally it allows the state discretion to deny passage into territorial waters to any ship 'suspected' of violating immigration laws, with sanctions up to 50k€ to both crew and owner and confiscation of the ship.

mortons stork has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Jun 21, 2019

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

An insane mind posted:

Wow, my youtube BREAKING NEWS and my phone's push notifications are showing me the same 'A CRAZY GROEN-LINKS Member of Parliament was just ARRESTED' notification of three different outlets. Did he kill someone because I refuse to click the links.
It was not a member of parliament but of the local council of Diemen.
He objected to being filmed by some reality show that was tagging along with the police, and then got roughed up by said police. He was arrested for insulting them, and the police said he spat at them and that he had drugs on him, though he denies this. Because of this, he had to resign from his office.
It seems like an excuse was needed to get rid of him, the upper-class right wingers doing coke on the Amsterdam Zuidas don't get this sort of treatment.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Entropist posted:

It was not a member of parliament but of the local council of Diemen.
He objected to being filmed by some reality show that was tagging along with the police, and then got roughed up by said police. He was arrested for insulting them, and the police said he spat at them and that he had drugs on him, though he denies this. Because of this, he had to resign from his office.
It seems like an excuse was needed to get rid of him, the upper-class right wingers doing coke on the Amsterdam Zuidas don't get this sort of treatment.

Wow. ACAB but nice to know the news outlets in Holland will jump on this but only tut tut at Thierry Baudet. While running his screed center page.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mortons stork posted:

that is also the decree to make italy jump category a full place into semi-authoritarian, in that it equates peaceful protest with violent dissent in the eyes of the law, increases police discretionary powers and heavily increases sanctions for 'unauthorized' protesting. not only that, it shifts the burden of dealing with immigration related crimes to the local anti-mafia units, which were special judiciary units tasked with investigating and punishing organized crime. the reason for this is all too obvious. finally it allows the state discretion to deny passage into territorial waters to any ship 'suspected' of violating immigration laws, with sanctions up to 50k€ to both crew and owner and confiscation of the ship.
i knew about the last thing but the other stuff is... drat

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
good news! parliament is also working on several laws to make divorce in cases of violence more difficult, reforming parental leave to grant exactly 50-50 custody in all cases and pretty much eliminate alimony in one of the most gender-unequal societies of the west, considering a fetal personhood bill, and has already passed laws that make divorce longer, more expensive and difficult

the state as a whole is also pushing for a federal-like fiscal reform to ensure the rich north keeps even more tax money than it already does, and salvini is now slamming fists on the table to get 10bn out of a cash strapped budget threatened with infraction procedure in order to do a hungary-modeled fiscal reform wrt income taxes

mortons stork has issued a correction as of 17:53 on Jun 21, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ha ha ha we are so hosed :shepicide:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mortons stork posted:

the state as a whole is also pushing for a federal-like fiscal reform to ensure the rich north keeps even more tax money than it already does, and salvini is now slamming fists on the table to get 10bn out of a cash strapped budget threatened with infraction procedure in order to do a hungary-modeled fiscal reform wrt income taxes
i also saw that the government is pushing for parliament to directly appoint the majority of the board of the italian central bank, which won't result in massive graft at all

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

i also saw that the government is pushing for parliament to directly appoint the majority of the board of the italian central bank, which won't result in massive graft at all

not just that, they're raiding systematically the coffers of every single state enterprise that was in the black the past few years. theyre trying to appropriate the entirety of CDP, which is a state investment fund designed as a safeguard for budgetary emergencies. theyre decimating every last emergency revenue stream available, if poo poo of any kind goes down italy is hosed three ways to sunday.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/kabamur_taygeta/status/1144235420818894849?s=19

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

what

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

do you need it transmuted

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/andrewflood/status/1144537224505151489

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1143742220962582528?s=19

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"leftist"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ekuNNN posted:

"leftist"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ekuNNN posted:

"leftist"

jfc lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also our new minister of foreign affairs is a pedophile :waycool:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Krankenstyle posted:

"but you gently caress one 15 year old..."

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ekuNNN posted:

"leftist"

Krankenstyle posted:

hate it when libertarians call themselves leftists

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/berlusconi/status/1147058924971069440

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

berlusconi doesn't even look like a human being anymore

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
his human suit is probably gross and itchy.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

What's the skinny on this new bold leftist Danish government

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

bitmap posted:

What's the skinny on this new bold leftist Danish government

They are reactionary, nativist scum OP.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

alexis tsipras retire bitch

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Here in Portugal a famous newspaper, regarded by some as left leaning, even if that's being charitable, just published a chronicle from a known nationalist that basically said roma people and black people aren't receivers of human rights due to not being of Christian descent. Because the human rights bill was born out of Christian accomplishment.
Naturally the typical free speech defenders came out in full swing to her side because what she said begs the question :barf:.

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Jul 7, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/1148895532334682112?s=20

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

Here in Portugal a famous newspaper, regarded by some as left leaning, even if that's being charitable, just published a chronicle from a known nationalist that basically said roma people and black people aren't receivers of human rights due to not being of Christian descent. Because the human rights bill was born out of Christian accomplishment.
Naturally the typical free speech defenders came out in full swing to her side because what she said begs the question :barf:.

I am amazed JMT actually bothered to attack the piece.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's like these decades of neoliberalism have been programming liberals to immediately surrender to fascism at the first opportunity.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It's more that the newspaper is at this point one of the only major ones that actually a) gets published daily and b) survived the IMF intervention and c) has had actual push to get at least one minister fired when he talked poo poo about it. You put that with archives you need at least two kinds of authorization to access so you can't necessarily drag other columnists without having to pay them. That way you barely have any accountability or any kind of consistency if all you require is the "serious newspaper that is read by the most people", which just means "Any kind of stupid poo poo with a huff of pretense can just be posted there."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's like these decades of neoliberalism have been programming liberals to immediately surrender to fascism at the first opportunity.
i'm nitpicking to the extreme here, but denying basic human dignity to people because they don't have "christian descent" predates fascism in that part of Europe by centuries. imo iberian theocracy was the original blood-and-soil fascism

regardless, neoliberalism is making the return of the rhetoric of the inquisition and fascism very real

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 14:30 on Jul 10, 2019

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

When the next financial crash comes along italy is going back to being city states.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Southpaugh posted:

When the next financial crash comes along italy is going back to being city states.

i wish

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Southpaugh posted:

im only half kidding when i say europe should be like 500+ polities

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

bring back the hre

twoday
May 4, 2005

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Spain should be called Castile and there should be Septimania (capital: Toulouse). other than that

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

I refuse to believe there are no Greek separatists