Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I dont think leve's burn rested exp so thats one option you've got

e; oh wait nevermind you'd still be burning it while doing the mining for the leve. Sorry I was thinking of crafting leves

yeah i noticed that and it was a bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Autodrop Monteur posted:

SAM glam? SAM glam!

What jacket is that?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zerilan posted:

What jacket is that?

The noctis jacket, it dyes very well.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Speak of fishing, I really wish there was a way to make the game not use rested exp sometimes. I want to afk grind my fisher for a while, but I don't want to waste my rested exp on a low level class since I'd like to keep it for GNB next week.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The most "Efficient" way to level GNB is to find 3 other people to run HoH in a deathmarch until you reach ShB level content. Lord knows I'll probably do that with Dancer if it looks rad.

Also I love the DF for putting you in old dungeons again, because it reminds me how much A Light in the Storm/On the Rocks just kills. That's just a random leveling dungeon and it's one of my favorite tracks in the game. It's haunting and beautiful and it absolutely doesn't need to be as good as it is.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mulva posted:

The most "Efficient" way to level GNB is to find 3 other people to run HoH in a deathmarch until you reach ShB level content. Lord knows I'll probably do that with Dancer if it looks rad.

Find 3 friends to do dungeons will be faster, and probably slightly more interesting, this is what we're gonna do

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Sam glam???

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mulva posted:

Also I love the DF for putting you in old dungeons again, because it reminds me how much A Light in the Storm/On the Rocks just kills. That's just a random leveling dungeon and it's one of my favorite tracks in the game. It's haunting and beautiful and it absolutely doesn't need to be as good as it is.
Which dungeon is it in?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That one is the lighthouse I think.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

This one?

https://youtu.be/dLRcuojE7Pc

And hard version?

https://youtu.be/tunBN-ZMnzs

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 21, 2019

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah i noticed when i first did pharos waaaay back in the day that it had like one of the best tracks ever in it. really stood out for a random leveling dungeon. so good.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the most efficient way to level GNB will be to pay me money to queue with you on my healer

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Levelling 60-70 has gotta be really quick the 100% armory exp boost and the aetheryte earring. Tank damage might be getting a nice boost too, so old content might just be pretty fast in general.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm looking forward to making a Dancer and giving them the least Dancer appropriate glams.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rhonne posted:

I'm looking forward to making a Dancer and giving them the least Dancer appropriate glams.
I like the aiming stuff quite a bit for MCH but I don't think most of it would look good on DNC. Or at least not dancery.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Solitair posted:

:doh: I forgot about beast tribe dailies. I've been grinding all the jobs for a while and I could have saved a lot of time. Oh well.

Are these just any beast tribe quests or a specific type? Never really spent time unlocking tribes but it’d be nice to have another form of xp available.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ort posted:

Are these just any beast tribe quests or a specific type? Never really spent time unlocking tribes but it’d be nice to have another form of xp available.

There are 4 beast tribes for combat classes in ARR (sylphs, amal'ja, sahagin, and kobolds). In HW and SB there are two each, Vanu Vanu / Vath, and Kojin / Anata.

There's 1 crafter tribe in each set as well, and the SB Namazu also work with gatherers.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 21, 2019

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Ort posted:

all the ARR tribes are combat quests except Ixal, which are crafting; in HW, the vanu vanu and vath are combat, moogles are crafting; in StB, kojin and ananta are combat, namazu are crafting and gathering

there's a lengthy quest chain requirement to unlock the moogles so you may want to look that up

efb

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The crafter tribe quests are worth a bit over half a level a day so definitely do them.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I don't think HOH is faster than dungeon levelling and I'm unsure how many people will immediately do GNB vs Dancer or just doing the MSQ to 80 before levelling the two classes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There's only one true way to level, but you'd better be prepared to answer

FOR WHOM DO YOU FIGHT

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im a gamer dad so I'll be so far behind if I start with one of the level 60 classes, so ill get to max first on one of my current 70's to avoid spoilers.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Rhonne posted:

The nice thing about this is that if you just buy Shire gear beforehand since they start at 60, you're already there.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

ChaseSP posted:

I don't think HOH is faster than dungeon levelling and I'm unsure how many people will immediately do GNB vs Dancer or just doing the MSQ to 80 before levelling the two classes.

I forgot about the 30% bonus earring. Dungeons would be faster, clearly.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Vitamean posted:

the most efficient way to level GNB will be to pay me money to queue with you on my healer

Unironically going to do something like this if queues are bad enough

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

there's a lengthy quest chain requirement to unlock the moogles so you may want to look that up

if you did all the moogle sidequests in Churning Mists while leveling you probably already have them almost unlocked. it's not a long separate quest chain, it just follows up after all the moogle stuff in that zone.

i kept hearing about the long and arduous moogle quests to unlock the dailies but it turned out that i had already done it when HW came out :v:

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.
Does anyone have a suggestion for organizing inventory? I've been trying to smooth out what levels all my jobs are at to reduce the amount of clutter in the chest, but also my inventory is completely full of crafting stuff and other little things.

Part of my problem is probably that I am trying to level everything evenly up as I go (most crafters are around 15, gatherers near 20, jobs near 30, and WAR and SAM are 60+)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sell your crafting mats. If you need them later, buy them back.

Don't forget about your retainers for long term storage. And don't forget about the chocobo saddlebag (crtl-shift-i) by default for portable storage.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jumley posted:

Does anyone have a suggestion for organizing inventory? I've been trying to smooth out what levels all my jobs are at to reduce the amount of clutter in the chest, but also my inventory is completely full of crafting stuff and other little things.

Part of my problem is probably that I am trying to level everything evenly up as I go (most crafters are around 15, gatherers near 20, jobs near 30, and WAR and SAM are 60+)

i've been doing the same thing and all i can tell you is that it doesn't get any easier at higher levels either

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Sell your crafting mats. If you need them later, buy them back.

Don't forget about your retainers for long term storage. And don't forget about the chocobo saddlebag (crtl-shift-i) by default for portable storage.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the saddlebag existed the last time I played. Thanks!

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
On that note, have you all made a pattern of what you put in the saddlebags? I just stuffed materia in there so I know where it is, but I feel like that makes more sense on a retainer or in the actual inventory.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Jumley posted:

I may be wrong, but I don't think the saddlebag existed the last time I played. Thanks!

Its a semi recent addition. Within the last year maybe.

It isnt accessible within instances but otherwise its just free inventory.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Bobfly posted:

On that note, have you all made a pattern of what you put in the saddlebags? I just stuffed materia in there so I know where it is, but I feel like that makes more sense on a retainer or in the actual inventory.

Dye, materia, primal bits, raid currency, things that I get in multiples but not often enough to want to take up bag space.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Mostly I put commonly-used crafting materials in my Saddlebag, occasionally throwing in a 3rd map when I do a few in a row. I don't need them in instances but I do craft a lot, and it's handier than pulling up retainers. Right now it's light in prep for ShB, just a few stacks of Commercial Manuals for leveling DoL/DoH.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kurieg posted:

Dye, materia, primal bits, raid currency, things that I get in multiples but not often enough to want to take up bag space.

I tossed all my dye in there hoping I could still access it when trying to dye things for glamour plates but it doesn't see the stuff in there which kinda sucks.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Bobfly posted:

extra rings, some materia, primal totems, and glams i want on hand while leveling in case i get a better gear piece but it looks like rear end, gotta be at least moderately fashionable at all times.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kerrzhe posted:

i kept hearing about the long and arduous moogle quests to unlock the dailies but it turned out that i had already done it when HW came out :v:

that's pretty impressive considering they were all in a zone you couldn't get to before HW

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

IcePhoenix posted:

that's pretty impressive considering they were all in a zone you couldn't get to before HW

as in they did the quests when HW was new, then came back to the moogle beast tribe later

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Is it worth trying to grind out 120 of these event TomeStones to make the 3 Odin-inspired gear items and the Sleipneir Barding, or is there another, easier way to get them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Annath posted:

Is it worth trying to grind out 120 of these event TomeStones to make the 3 Odin-inspired gear items and the Sleipneir Barding, or is there another, easier way to get them?

The barding you can grab from just doing the random Odin fate once. The gear you can just get better glamour versions of it from doing the odin trial. Its really easy to do these days unsynced.