Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Toshimo posted:

But IDK because I'm not that jacked in to Japanese culture.

Yes, but do you jack off to Japanese culture? :imunfunny:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #5 (1940)

The Inferior Five #1 (1967)

The Mighty Isis #4 (1977)

DC Challenge #1 (1985)

Batman: Manbat #2 (1995)

Hitman #41 (1999)

Robin: Year One #1 (2000)

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 (2016)

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Darthemed posted:

Batman: Manbat #2 (1995)

I really want to see Batman challenge that ticket in court. :allears:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'm surprised he didn't go with the ol' "Are you retarded or something? I'm the goddamn Batman!" as a defense.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Hitman #41 (1999)

I didn't know Ennis did a tie-in comic for GTA 4

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Phy posted:

I didn't know Ennis did a tie-in comic for GTA 4

Yeah Hitman was all about playing darts and big American titties

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Darthemed posted:

DC Challenge #1 (1985)

"Worlds greatest detective" doesn't even know a VHS tape when he sees one.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Keeshhound posted:

I really want to see Batman challenge that ticket in court. :allears:

I'm still laughing at those ears and gauntlets.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toshimo posted:

Hakata is apparently one of the oldest cities in Japan with a big tourism industry, so I imagine it's like a Colonial Williamsburg but with a lovely old-school accent like Mark Wahlberg's Bostonian.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Darthemed posted:

The Inferior Five #1 (1967)

Thanks to the Inferior Five, I can't stop asking this question about X-Men's Angel...

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Brute Squad posted:

As soon as I saw that my first thought was "That's gotta be a 90s comic"

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I think at one point Sam Keith and Kelley Jones were in a competition for who could draw the longest ears on Batman's cowl.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

Brute Squad posted:

the wrestling championship utility belt is what got me

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The pointy eared Batman dialogue done in your best gravelly Bale rasp :lol:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Superior Spider-Man #7

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Endless Mike posted:

Superior Spider-Man #7

Oof, the way other writers handle Gwenpool as a one-dimensional source of 4th wall jokes just makes me sad. :(

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

amigolupus posted:

Oof, the way other writers handle Gwenpool as a one-dimensional source of 4th wall jokes just makes me sad. :(

No one should draw Gwenpool but Guriharu. Good gently caress, she's supposed to be a teenager, not generic superheroine #5.

The terrible jokes and poo poo are just the icing on the cake.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Stone

Right to Left

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Superior Spider-Man #7

Is that supposed to be Quentin Quire? What does his shirt say?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"Lady Thor Save Us" I think.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Darthemed posted:

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 (2016)

I really love badass Alfred, even when it's this corny.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

amigolupus posted:

I expect more for the character that was created for a random variant cover, then somehow got her own series because lol random.

note: I'm not a fan of her, but I know some other people are. This is just a joke.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Chris Hastings series "The Unbelievable Gwenpool" did not have her as "lol random" humor at all. If you liked Dr McNinja's humor, then you should like this. Plus the way she breaks the fourth wall is used as a power, and is used a more of a weapon than a joke vehicle. Literally going out of the panels, throwing people out of the pages into "white space" so they're essentially unsummoned from the book, etc. Then when the book starts to come to an end, she can see number of pages starting to limit, and she starts to have a crisis since she knows her story is almost over.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like the solo Gwenpool stuff, but that poo poo is going to be insufferable when it inevitably gets adapted for live-action.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

mind the walrus posted:

I like the solo Gwenpool stuff, but that poo poo is going to be insufferable when it inevitably gets adapted for live-action.

Extra costs for the Gwenpool movie: costumes / performers so she can run out of one side of the movie screen, do a circuit of the theatre and back in the other side, like the old ‘crazed ape’ spook movies way back when.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Extra costs for the Gwenpool movie: costumes / performers so she can run out of one side of the movie screen, do a circuit of the theatre and back in the other side, like the old ‘crazed ape’ spook movies way back when.

The old Terminator show at Universal did this with a bike-on-rails and a bunch of stunt people that didn't look anything like the cast and it was real dumb but still a better Terminator movie than anything after 2 so far.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mind the walrus posted:

I think it's going to be a very long time until Gwenpool is adapted for live action. I bet she shows up in those mediocre Marvel Rising cartoons, but (especially since Disney has movie rights to the X-Men now) there's gotta be a couple dozen characters more likely to show up in the live action stuff first.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
She's shown up in one of the Lego Marvel games, since she's a 4th-wall breaker not affiliated with the X-Men, and not Rated R. So she might get a few more roles like that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elfface posted:

She's shown up in one of the Lego Marvel games, since she's a 4th-wall breaker not affiliated with the X-Men, and not Rated R. So she might get a few more roles like that.

Yeah, but those games have like three times the characters as all the movies do combined.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm kind of half reading these old Dr. Strange comics since a lot of them are actually kinda boring but holy poo poo Nixon just hit him in the head with a pipe.

This is, I do believe, Dr. Strange #11.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 21, 2019

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm kind of half reading these old Dr. Strange comics since a lot of them are actually kinda boring

"Okay, maybe he's talking about the post-Ditko, pre-Englehart stuff. Or even the Strange Tales run..."

Push El Burrito posted:

:mad:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

"Okay, maybe he's talking about the post-Ditko, pre-Englehart stuff. Or even the Strange Tales run..."

:mad:

It's starting to get better but man, it's taken a while to catch me. I guess an old man wrestling Eternity and then them blowing up the Earth and recreating it was an ok hook. I went through the entire Dr. Strange with a mask phase though so I wasn't giving a lot of chances.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #2 (2016)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm kind of half reading these old Dr. Strange comics since a lot of them are actually kinda boring but holy poo poo Nixon just hit him in the head with a pipe.

“It wasn’t enough to be the most powerful man in America! I had to be a super-villain too!”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

“It wasn’t enough to be the most powerful man in America! I had to be a super-villain too!”

That's the reveal at the end of the first Secret Empire story in Captain America.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Darthemed posted:

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #2 (2016)

Come on Mickey, always expect the wake-up Dragon Punch.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Huzzah! posted:

Come on Mickey, always expect the wake-up Dragon Punch.

:colbert:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Push El Burrito posted:

He's just lucky Nixon didn't break out the nunchucks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gavok posted:

He could have really socked it to him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gavok posted:

Those are illegal.