Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
thank goodness, the only thing this thread was missing was shrieking about twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

A Russian troll farm posted:

The E1 episode where it's the pl;ane's black box was good

you're in for quite a treat this week :dudsmile:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Finicums Wake posted:

please post about podcasts,. thanks!!

*another finger on monkey's paw curls*

https://twitter.com/rvtausz/status/1141052137910276096?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is all so, so online

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
when i have eye strain and/or headaches, i like to turn the lights off, lie down, and listen to something, in hopes of falling asleep. some of the things i listen to are podcasts. it's cool, to me, when the podcast thread talks about those things.

ps: i'm employed by the police, and the intelligence services

edit: can't wait to queue up the dulcet tones of the two slavs and nagle to hear the good poo poo that i love

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

:shuckyes:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

Maybe I'm wrong and it's good for Lee Carter to gently caress his Twitter followers, maybe we'll build the left by all of the Twitter celebs sucking and loving until everyone is a communist

imagine getting this furious at someone divorcing his abuser

you're a loving crazy person dude

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Yinlock posted:

imagine getting this furious at someone divorcing his abuser

you're a loving crazy person dude

lmao yes I am definitely mad that Lee Carter got a divorce, you caught me, I'm actually a trade cath

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

lmao yes I am definitely mad that Lee Carter got a divorce, you caught me, I'm actually a trade cath

this is literally what's happening so yes, I have in fact Got You

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

no seriously, listen to the new E1 episode, it's a two-parter to the Black Box episode and it owns

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

just say you’re culturally conservative don’t dress it up with all this

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 07:36 on Jun 22, 2019

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
our only choices are social fascism or Strasserism, and nothing else. wrap it up leftailures

e: https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1142104682783027200?s=19

Autism Sneaks has issued a correction as of 08:25 on Jun 22, 2019

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

our only choices are social fascism or Strasserism, and nothing else. wrap it up leftailures

e: https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1142104682783027200?s=19

I keep hoping she'll redeem herself, but boy oh boy, not the way to do it.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

take it to the Chapo thread in RGD you weirdos and freaks

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ace of Baes posted:

Maybe I'm wrong and it's good for Lee Carter to gently caress his Twitter followers, maybe we'll build the left by all of the Twitter celebs sucking and loving until everyone is a communist

i still don't understand why loving people who follow you on twitter is a problem

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow, volcel police are real

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Victory Position posted:

we're dragging a stupid political statement someone made on a podcast that isn't cum town or chapo, in the subforum to drag stupid politics, in the thread for podcasts that aren't cum town. settle down

Venom Snake posted:

i still don't understand why loving people who follow you on twitter is a problem

i block all the people i gently caress, in accordance with the etiquette of online. that is why i have zero followers :frogc00l:

Autism Sneaks has issued a correction as of 08:56 on Jun 22, 2019

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Victory Position posted:

what? why

PRESIDENT LADYCOP
Feb 3, 2019

Venom Snake posted:

There should be a difference between public and private life but social media has blurred that distinction.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
i didn't know the Nagle transcript was posted in the RGD thread first, and anyways it's more at odds with that thread's purview than it is to this one's so :shrug:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

keep the chapo thread on chapo imo

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the latest citations needed is good, I'm not a vegan but Peter Singer convinced me when I was 20 that it is immoral to eat meat

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I didn't like Qanon Anonymous at first but it's really turned around for me, I think they just needed to hit their stride. Sometimes it's kind of boring but most of the time they have cool guests and the dramatic readings are loving hilarious.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Grevling posted:

I didn't like Qanon Anonymous at first but it's really turned around for me, I think they just needed to hit their stride. Sometimes it's kind of boring but most of the time they have cool guests and the dramatic readings are loving hilarious.

I'd recommend knowledge fight. They're basically what qanon anonymous is but only for Alex Jones.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

PRESIDENT LADYCOP posted:

There should be a difference between public and private life but social media has blurred that distinction.

social media is a waste

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Majorian posted:

I keep hoping she'll redeem herself, but boy oh boy, not the way to do it.

not sure you can be redeemed from "the chinese exclusion act was good"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'd recommend knowledge fight. They're basically what qanon anonymous is but only for Alex Jones.

Seconded. And you get to hear Alex like donuts

coathat
May 21, 2007

Sean’s Russia Blog is good.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Seconded. And you get to hear Alex like donuts

And admit to killing a man.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Badger of Basra posted:

Didn't she also call Sargon a "remarkable intellectual" or something?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

TheBalor posted:

Didn't she also call Sargon a "remarkable intellectual" or something?

probably

the first thing she got well known for was blaming tumblr teens for all the new nazis we have today

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

if you want a bad contrast to the animal rights citations needed ep the latest current affairs is a doozie

got five minutes in and already heard "uhhhh i heard like plant farming is carbon intensive too, and uhhh, we're omnivores, and animals eat other animals"

jfc even leftie journos these days think "so i read an article" is research

e: yeah 15 minutes in an my opinion of current affairs as npr for people who are only uncomfortable with the warmongering and not all the boug brainworms and bowties is getting a lot of confirmation

Breakfast All Day has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Jun 22, 2019

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
as soon as capital shifts back to supporting cultural conservatism any critiques that tucker or anyone else is offering will evaporate, that should be blindingly obvious. noticing the trend is correct, I'm not sure a lot of other people have noticed, but capital will align with whatever dominant cultural force is out there, it's not going to just stick to one side forever.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

coathat posted:

Sean’s Russia Blog is good.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

Yikes, did she really say that?:chloe: If so yeah, that’s prob beyond the edge of redemption.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Dreylad posted:

as soon as capital shifts back to supporting cultural conservatism any critiques that tucker or anyone else is offering will evaporate, that should be blindingly obvious. noticing the trend is correct, I'm not sure a lot of other people have noticed, but capital will align with whatever dominant cultural force is out there, it's not going to just stick to one side forever.

yeah there is a grain of truth in her botched point, capital cares about profit, if people started forming explicitly Marxist militias around the country "cultural conservative" politicians would implement gun control in a heart beat

where she really loses the thread though is seperating business interests and the state or business interests and conservative politicians, business interests (capital) is the base to everything else and controls the state by design, it's the nature of capitalism

PRESIDENT LADYCOP
Feb 3, 2019
"Cultural liberalism" is a product of economic liberalism, you can't attack the one without the other, the "cultural conservatives" are beginning to understand this, the left needs to get a grip on it as well, but they won't because too many people have brainworms and welcome a libertarian dystopia as long as their corporate overlords are flying the rainbow flag.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Majorian posted:

Yikes, did she really say that?:chloe: If so yeah, that’s prob beyond the edge of redemption.

it’s in her anti-immigration article which I can’t find a link to right now

PRESIDENT LADYCOP
Feb 3, 2019
"From the first law restricting immigration in 1882 to Cesar Chavez and the famously multiethnic United Farm Workers protesting against employers’ use and encouragement of illegal migration in 1969, trade unions have often opposed mass migration. They saw the deliberate importation of illegal, low-wage workers as weakening labor’s bargaining power and as a form of exploitation. There is no getting around the fact that the power of unions relies by definition on their ability to restrict and withdraw the supply of labor, which becomes impossible if an entire workforce can be easily and cheaply replaced. Open borders and mass immigration are a victory for the bosses."

The 1882 law refered to here is the Chinese Exclusion Act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

lol i forgot she didn't even have the guts to actually say it and instead just referred to it vaguely as "the first law restricting immigration in 1882"

Admittedly, union opposition to mass migration was sometimes intermingled with racism (which was present across American society) in previous eras. What is omitted in libertarian attempts to smear trade unions as “the real racists,” however, is that in the days of strong trade unions, they were also able to use their power to mount campaigns of international solidarity with workers’ movements around the world. Unions raised the wages of millions of nonwhite members, while deunionization today is estimated to cost black American men $50 a week.5

""""sometimes""""