Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
didn't ghostty's toxx state that he should be permabanned? why is he still posting?

e: what a lovely way to start a new page. here, read this excellent post again

There Bias Two posted:

You loving dumbass. You know why you feel bad about it? Because somewhere deep down in your thick-rear end skull, you apparently have some kind of conscience. You've tied yourself up in knots with this pseudo-intellectual bullshit, trying to justify contributing to the downfall of mankind for a relative pittance in "profits" that may or may not actually be in liquid cash.

There are literally people dying somewhere out there because they don't have stable access to the energy grid, and you're casually expending an entire town's worth, without producing anything of value, every single month, just so you have a little more cash to play with.

Profit is not a loving imperative.

You're actually *worse* than the CEOs who are making billions off the backs of their employees, because at least they ostensibly run something that actually outputs a product.

You're being a leech. Without realizing it, you've stolen more from society than most bank robbers ever accomplish. But you just stand there and shrug because it's legal.

Shut that place down and live your life with a goddamn ounce of dignity for once, would you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
lol @ all this guy's nonsense, but especially "the plastics factory next door uses much more power than I do!"

yeah the business that makes useful products uses energy to do it. This is the equivalent of coiners responding to criticism of cryptocurrencies' energy use by observing that worldwide banking networks use more energy in absolute amounts, ignoring (or not having the wit to understand) that in proportion to the useful service provided the banking networks are orders of magnitude more efficient.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

ghosTTy posted:

The sun rising, the moon in the night sky, a bird giving flight, nocoiners getting dumber as the price rises...

Kids aren't allowed to post in this thread.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Lambert posted:

Kids aren't allowed

No kinkshaming bitcoiners.

Jk, feel free to

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
Guys some of you are really hurting my feelers here. Do any of you want to buy some of the bitcoins I'm only making a couple hundred dollars on because the order book couldn't possibly sustain a sale of 12 whole bitcoins? Please, someone help I'm swimming in too deep of waters

MarksMan fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 22, 2019

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Bitcoin

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

NtotheTC posted:

I'm confused, you mean you're cashing out a bitcoin per month to cover the cost of the electricity to generate that bitcoin, plus a tidy profit in the hundreds of dollars?

Or you're holding on to the bitcoins because you think they'll be worth a lot more than the cost to mine them at some point- meaning that you're not actually breaking even at all, except in the way that people with thousands of bitcoins stashed are "millionaires"

Bitcoin is at $11,100 at the moment. My costs get covered at $6,900. My math must be off. I've mined a bitcoin a month, I haven't sold anything except when I bought coins specifically to trade with when it was at $3,100

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The worst is trying to justify it by "b b but decentralized cryptocurrency will be big one day and not just a speculative market!" How do you look at a system that can't even process a decent amount of transactions and go "yep this is totally the future."

I'm young enough that I'm going to have to live through all this bullshit climate change and god forbid I decide to have children lmao. And here are a bunch of idiots burning power while providing literally nothing of value.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Clocks posted:

The worst is trying to justify it by "b b but decentralized cryptocurrency will be big one day and not just a speculative market!" How do you look at a system that can't even process a decent amount of transactions and go "yep this is totally the future."

I'm young enough that I'm going to have to live through all this bullshit climate change and god forbid I decide to have children lmao. And here are a bunch of idiots burning power while providing literally nothing of value.

"Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like your opinion, man."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Clocks posted:

They're producing horrendous amounts of electronic waste, that's a couple grand a ton.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It owns that a for real drug farmer converted his drug farm into a bitcoin mine and now posts freely about the incredible unscrupulous and selfish wasting of our planets resources so that his digital coin purse will, someday, overflow with boundless growth and he’ll buy a private island and- whoops actually CoinXchange went down for 15 minutes and everyone’s money is gone!

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

It owns that a for real drug farmer converted his drug farm into a bitcoin mine and now posts freely about the incredible unscrupulous and selfish wasting of our planets resources so that his digital coin purse will, someday, overflow with boundless growth and he’ll buy a private island and- whoops actually CoinXchange went down for 15 minutes and everyone’s money is gone!

I never grew weed in this warehouse. My cannabis warehouses are in California and Michigan. The plan was *never* to get rich off of crypto. I simply believe in it and like it. The cannabis business has always been much more profitable and I don't feel bad at all about what I do with that; quite the opposite actually

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

MarksMan posted:

Bitcoin is at $11,100 at the moment. My costs get covered at $6,900. My math must be off. I've mined a bitcoin a month, I haven't sold anything except when I bought coins specifically to trade with when it was at $3,100

4,200 is your profit if you can get it out. minus all the transaction fees along the way...maybe about 3,800? after taxes?

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

AkumaHokoru posted:

4,200 is your profit if you can get it out. minus all the transaction fees along the way...maybe about 3,800? after taxes?

Times 12, and then 180 ETH that I break even at 225, which is at ~$313. Not really some life changing amount of money, but I'm not cashing out right now either way. I'll cash out at maybe $15,000 on btc and $450 on ETH

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

MarksMan posted:

Times 12, and then 180 ETH that I break even at 225, which is at ~$313. Not really some life changing amount of money, but I'm not cashing out right now either way. I'll cash out at maybe $15,000 on btc and $450 on ETH

Ahahahahahahahaha you're never going to see a penny of profit.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Prester Jane posted:

Ahahahahahahahaha you're never going to see a penny of profit.

Why is that? Are you doing some other version of math than me?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It doesn't look like much until you consider all the ETH I'm breaking even on.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Salt Fish posted:

It doesn't look like much until you consider all the ETH I'm breaking even on.

I must be missing something, because if I break even when the price is at $225, and the price is at $313, and I hold 180 of them, wouldn't I in fact not just be breaking even? I feel like I'm trying to be convinced that the Sun isn't warm

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
It's like multi-level marketing: it's pure profit as long as you ignore all the expenses and count all your inventory as already sold. Also it helps if you ~believe~ in the product

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Foo Diddley posted:

It's like multi-level marketing: it's pure profit as long as you ignore all the expenses and count all your inventory as already sold. Also it helps if you ~believe~ in the product

*Cue Jack Nicholson smiling and nodding his head meme*

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

MarksMan posted:

*Cue Jack Nicholson smiling and nodding his head meme*

Say "feelers" a couple more times, I think there are a few people ITT who haven't realised how calm and collected you are about everything and think you're a pathetic 4chan memelord

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

NtotheTC posted:

Say "feelers" a couple more times, I think there are a few people ITT who haven't realised how calm and collected you are about everything and think you're a pathetic 4chan memelord

Feelings. For the record, I've never been on 4chan and take some pride in having been on the forums long before the rejects had to go elsewhere

MarksMan fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 22, 2019

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

MarksMan posted:

Why is that? Are you doing some other version of math than me?

Math has nothing to do with this. You're a chump who's bought into a scam hook line & sinker- you'll never be able to bring yourself to sell when you can make a profit because all you'll be able to think about is how much more money you will make if you just hodl a bit longer. Then the price will crash again and you'll be deep in the red and you'll convince yourself that you have to hodl till the price goes back up and you can recoup your investment.

Math isn't a factor here, your being an easily manipulated/greedy chump is why you'll never see a penny of profit.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Prester Jane posted:

Math has nothing to do with this. You're a chump who's bought into a scam hook line & sinker- you'll never be able to bring yourself to sell when you can make a profit because all you'll be able to think about is how much more money you will make if you just hodl a bit longer. Then the price will crash again and you'll be deep in the red and you'll convince yourself that you have to hodl till the price goes back up and you can recoup your investment.

Math isn't a factor here, your being an easily manipulated/greedy chump is why you'll never see a penny of profit.

Ah, I see. Now it makes sense. I guess if I needed the money right this second, I would just go ahead and cash out. But I don't, so it is what it is I suppose

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

MarksMan posted:

Ah, I see. Now it makes sense. I guess if I needed the money right this second, I would just go ahead and cash out. But I don't, so it is what it is I suppose

Yeah, you're never going to take profit when you can or should because you're always going to tell yourself that the price is only going to go up in the future. You will only sell if your hand is forced by external factors- and that point will only come when you are in desperate need and the price point is much lower than your investment.

My advice to you is to indulge freely in the daydreams/fantasy that your digital pogs will someday be a wise investment; because those daydreams are the closest you ever going to get to realizing a profit.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 22, 2019

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Prester Jane posted:

Yeah, you're never going to take profit when you can or should because you're always going to tell yourself that the price is only going to go up in the future. You will only sell if your hand is forced by external factors- and that point will only come when you are in desperate need and the price point is much lower than your investment.

Perhaps (to the first part) -- it is the problem with hodling. My brother always cashes out in 10% increments for the most part (both in crypto and in the stock market,) but he's missed out on a lot of price increases that he now regrets. Plus he's paying the short term capital gains every time, which for him is 37%, which makes zero sense to me on how it is worth it to do it that way either. My tax bracket (and therefore short term gains rate) would be lower, but it's still something I always try to factor in. I still have many months to go (9+ on the majority) before I could get the long term capital gains rate. And I'll try to keep the dream alive, until I get traumatized again when it crashes and I watch all my digital schmeckels evaporate

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

MarksMan posted:

And I'll try to keep the dream alive, until I get traumatized again when it crashes and I watch all my digital schmeckels evaporate

You're basically wasting an absurd amount of energy in order to make your daydreams feel more real. You're not going to make money off of this, and what you're doing is completely unethical in an age of climate change. Making your daydreams feel more plausible is the single benefit to any individual that your Bitcoin mining will provide, so I strongly suggest that you indulge those daydreams as strongly as you can for as long as you can.

Just know that everyone in this thread is going to be absolutely laughing their balls off at you that when the price inevitably crashes again.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Prester Jane posted:

You're basically wasting an absurd amount of energy in order to make your daydreams feel more real. You're not going to make money off of this, and what you're doing is completely unethical in an age of climate change. Making your daydreams feel more plausible is the single benefit to any individual that your Bitcoin mining will provide, so I strongly suggest that you indulge those daydreams as strongly as you can for as long as you can.

Just know that everyone in this thread is going to be absolutely laughing their balls off at you that when the price inevitably crashes again.

It will be hard, but I will try to get by without the validation

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

gary oldmans diary posted:

bitcoin is up eh? alright whats the head count on people who mysteriously started posting again

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Put me in coach

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Bitconers are sapping the planet of its electromagical energy and it's literally shaking me right now. The uranium and thorium might run out after the red giant sun evaporates the oceans! Also the plant workers have to breath out CO2 working there so climate change too.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

There Bias Two posted:

You loving dumbass. You know why you feel bad about it? Because somewhere deep down in your thick-rear end skull, you apparently have some kind of conscience. You've tied yourself up in knots with this pseudo-intellectual bullshit, trying to justify contributing to the downfall of mankind for a relative pittance in "profits" that may or may not actually be in liquid cash.

There are literally people dying somewhere out there because they don't have stable access to the energy grid, and you're casually expending an entire town's worth, without producing anything of value, every single month, just so you have a little more cash to play with.

Profit is not a loving imperative.

You're actually *worse* than the CEOs who are making billions off the backs of their employees, because at least they ostensibly run something that actually outputs a product.

You're being a leech. Without realizing it, you've stolen more from society than most bank robbers ever accomplish. But you just stand there and shrug because it's legal.

Shut that place down and live your life with a goddamn ounce of dignity for once, would you?

Talking in another thread about 2 of my guys' bday party back in February (they had same bday...1 day apart at least) and the part 2 of it (back in beginning of the summer, the pics are from part 2) made me decide to upload these pics from the night; not really "drug" pictures, but none of us have any involvement with drugs whatsoever

My 1st friend spent at least $15k in throwing $1's and my 2nd friend had at least $30k go up ($10k brought out 3 times), not including what they paid to rent the place + drinks. I threw up $2500 and felt like a budget baller My favorite girl is the one with glasses in bottom left of picture, she got rear end for daysssssss

My Lexus is on far right and I won't be specific on who owns what car but all the ones with cones in front of them and all the donks are owned by my guys and their crews. The yellow thing is a BEAST. 454 under the hood and the audio and visual system is just ridiculous (not that loud, distorted, cant-hear-poo poo type that most have, but even on full blast crystal-clear sound and bass). And yes those are 30's on every car except my Lexus and the Cadillac XLR

I was literally the only white person in the club but it didn't matter cause of who I was with; plus the fact I was with them in the first place and white I think let most people know what was up.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

MarksMan posted:

Put me in coach

eh, you're new you don't count

people familiar with this thread know who i am talking about

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Talking in another thread about 2 of my guys' bday party back in February (they had same bday...1 day apart at least) and the part 2 of it (back in beginning of the summer, the pics are from part 2) made me decide to upload these pics from the night; not really "drug" pictures, but none of us have any involvement with drugs whatsoever

My 1st friend spent at least $15k in throwing $1's and my 2nd friend had at least $30k go up ($10k brought out 3 times), not including what they paid to rent the place + drinks. I threw up $2500 and felt like a budget baller My favorite girl is the one with glasses in bottom left of picture, she got rear end for daysssssss

My Lexus is on far right and I won't be specific on who owns what car but all the ones with cones in front of them and all the donks are owned by my guys and their crews. The yellow thing is a BEAST. 454 under the hood and the audio and visual system is just ridiculous (not that loud, distorted, cant-hear-poo poo type that most have, but even on full blast crystal-clear sound and bass). And yes those are 30's on every car except my Lexus and the Cadillac XLR

I was literally the only white person in the club but it didn't matter cause of who I was with; plus the fact I was with them in the first place and white I think let most people know what was up.

Lol what the gently caress is this

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Captain Yossarian posted:

Lol what the gently caress is this

For real, who the gently caress still uses photobucket

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Powershift posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Powershift posted:

Well yeah I mean that's part of my confusion:thunk:

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

MarksMan posted:

About half 14TH S9's originally (well, all originally a year ago when I started) recently a bunch of S17 Pro 50TH. My ethereum rigs are primarily all nine card 1070ti rigs, with a few nine card 1080ti rig's, some 1080's, and maybe 10% 1070's. Somewhat old pic of my warehouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBRAkpXTmCs

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8q8PXoJwVk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I wasn't really excited for the FF7 remake to begin with because the original game didn't age especially well, but all these Shinra and Sephiroth cosplayers are taking it multiple steps too far here.