Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
is chikara doing a hospital arg now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MLW posted:

This summer one of wrestling’s most beloved voices returns to the broadcast booth to call Major League Wrestling’s flagship weekly series MLW FUSION.

Major League Wrestling confirmed today that legendary commentator Tony Schiavone returns to the airwaves this July alongside Rich Bocchini.

Revered as one of the sport’s most iconic voices, Schiavone has anchored the broadcast team for MLW FUSION on and off since the series premiered on beIN SPORTS in April 2018.

“Just like the fans, I’ve been hoping for Tony’s return and this summer it happens,” said MLW CEO Court Bauer. “Tony is one of the most talented broadcasters in the sport.”

Major League Wrestling’s flagship series MLW FUSION airs on beIN SPORTS Saturday nights at 9pm EST / 6pm PST.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
gently caress i was kinda hoping tony would be on aew

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Betond Wrestling looks like they're gonna have a real good show tonight.

on less good news

https://twitter.com/InsaneChampWres/status/1141423050925268992

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I believe he was found this morning. As I got a vague DM 7 hours ago that I didn't initially understand about news making the rounds about him.

Going by what his friends are tweeting it was apparently suicide.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LionheartUK/status/1141234168065667073

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Last I watched ICW they were trying to build around him. So they not only lose a friend but their short-term plan has them scrambling now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Last I watched ICW they were trying to build around him. So they not only lose a friend but their short-term plan has them scrambling now.

They certainly weren't prepared for this. I dunno if they were even grooming anyone to beat him. The roster has been pretty threadbare after WWE signed a whole bunch of its roster. ICW's attendance has more or less bottomed out in the last two years. What's left is the hardest of the hardcores. I think they will be pretty understanding given the circumstances.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sad but unsurprising. Dude has looked like death warmed over ever since I saw him on PCW.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

They certainly weren't prepared for this. I dunno if they were even grooming anyone to beat him. The roster has been pretty threadbare after WWE signed a whole bunch of its roster. ICW's attendance has more or less bottomed out in the last two years. What's left is the hardest of the hardcores. I think they will be pretty understanding given the circumstances.

Hopefully they don't turn it into an angle. I mean their whole vibe has always been "Scottish ECW".

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NYC Indie Outlaw Pro is stating that Session Moth Martina can't make it to their show because of Visa issues. Not sure if that means entry into country visa or the kind they max out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

she doesnt want to risk any tourist visa trips when she might be in line for a real one

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

NYC Indie Outlaw Pro is stating that Session Moth Martina can't make it to their show because of Visa issues. Not sure if that means entry into country visa or the kind they max out.

She pulled out of CZW's TOD this weekend too.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Found on FB

Niles Plonk sounds like some machine learning made up name.

edit: oh I just noticed Jeremy Young is on this show, he was my "trainer" but all we ever learned is running the ropes and shoulder block dropdown hiptoss x100

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 20, 2019

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Slam Shady is such a good loving name, god drat

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
loving awful news about Lionheart. Don't think he was ever the same after he broke his neck.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

King of Indies 2019 Lineup released. I'm going to boo the poo poo out of TJP. Go Dragon Lee and Jake Atlas!!!

JOHNATHAN GRESHAM
• ‘SUPERSTAR’ JAKE ATLAS
• DRAGON LEE
• JR KRATOS
• JUNGLEBOY 
• TJ PERKINS
• ACE ROMERO
• LAREDO KID

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hell Yeah front row seats for PWG 16 baybbeeeeee

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pinche Rudo posted:

King of Indies 2019 Lineup released. I'm going to boo the poo poo out of TJP. Go Dragon Lee and Jake Atlas!!!

JOHNATHAN GRESHAM
• ‘SUPERSTAR’ JAKE ATLAS
• DRAGON LEE
• JR KRATOS
• JUNGLEBOY 
• TJ PERKINS
• ACE ROMERO
• LAREDO KID

hell yeah Gresh, Atlas, Lee, Jungleboy, Acey Baby, and Laredo Kid

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Pinche Rudo posted:

JOHNATHAN GRESHAM
• ‘SUPERSTAR’ JAKE ATLAS
• DRAGON LEE
• JR KRATOS
• JUNGLEBOY 
• TJ PERKINS
• ACE ROMERO
• LAREDO KID

Laredo Kid has stolen my heart lately

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Please remove TJ Perkins and add Shane Mercer

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

In another twist of "idiots can do good things sometimes", apparently the reason Sami Callihan spit on Cornette at MLW was because of his shithead comments about Sonny Kiss in his Double Or Nothing review.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Please remove TJ Perkins and add Shane Mercer

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

In another twist of "idiots can do good things sometimes", apparently the reason Sami Callihan spit on Cornette at MLW was because of his shithead comments about Sonny Kiss in his Double Or Nothing review.

Meltzer wrote a long story about it in the Observer this week. Talking to various people with various differing and nuanced opinions.

My personal opinion is until I see the bill for damages to the venue Sami caused I just think MLW was scared about being pulled into the Sonny Kiss controversy.

I strongly advise reading it and making up your own mind.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

...huh. I'd be lying if I said I weren't happily impressed. I guess I'm always surprised when a wrestler isn't a chud, but in particular (to me at least) Sami definitely didn't seem like the vocally-supportive type. But he outright said there that 1) it was ignorant behavior of Cornette, 2) it's 2019 and he should be doing better than that, and 3) he was enabling hatred even if he didn't believe what he said on the audio review was hateful

Warms my heart to see so much support for Sonny in the business

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

sami callihan stinks but he is definitely better than aj styles

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It also behooves Sami to pretend to care since his girlfriend uses the n-word so much

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1142180919328948224?s=19

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mob posted:

It also behooves Sami to pretend to care since his girlfriend uses the n-word so much

Wait, what?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Havok was doing some close to the knuckle jokes with her friend on social media

Then some folks her were wanting to bounce her from her WWE contract offered some shopped tweets.

Havok then puts on a masterclass of how not to handle the situation and it goes downhill from there.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

Havok was doing some close to the knuckle jokes with her friend on social media

Then some folks her were wanting to bounce her from her WWE contract offered some shopped tweets.

Havok then puts on a masterclass of how not to handle the situation and it goes downhill from there.

Woof. I hadn't seen any of that. Well, I'm still glad that Sami stuck up for Sonny Kiss even if he is a piece of poo poo in every other respect.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Sami Callihan: Homophobe Hunter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/1142551049099784193

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Who's in that clip?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Who's in that clip?

I believe that's Connor Claxton and Dan O'Hare

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That's awesome.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1142550804840292357

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

OOF, that dude's loving back must be killing him

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1142514311774056453?s=19 flaming glass.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
elgins doing a bjw date booo