Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
"Monitored" only follows the indexers' RSS feeds, so it will catch new posts as they show up and download anything that fills a wanted gap or provides a desired upgrade. It will not run searches automatically for back catalog content because that would hammer the hell out of indexers with even moderate sized collections and would easily blow through API limits.

If you want something that was posted in the past you're going to have to trigger a search manually. You can do this as part of adding new items to your want list though, so if it's already out you just want to click the "add and search" button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah I assumed he was checking in that gap between a release being posted, and the feed check kicking in. Yeah backfilling is done manually, which is a relief for those of us who’ve been the victim of an automated backfill that’s gone wild.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Does anybody know how can I redownload a file in Radarr? I tried every button but I can't seem to find it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Billa posted:

Does anybody know how can I redownload a file in Radarr? I tried every button but I can't seem to find it.

The exact same file? You'd do that in your downloader (NZBget / SABnzbd).

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Laserface posted:

the easiest way I have found to get around this is to simply have SABNZBD categories and have all TV stuff sent to a TV folder, which is then in my recent directories for manual import. So i just select the folder, hit import manually and have it pick up anything thats in there that hasnt yet moved.

its annoying but works.

That's how I've always set things up, I thought that was how you were supposed to set things up.

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

The exact same file? You'd do that in your downloader (NZBget / SABnzbd).

Understood, thanks!

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
drat, after discovering Radarr it has been a world changing thingie. Before that I had to manually select the file to download and stuff, with Radarr everything is auto!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

norp posted:

Does raising a support ticket work to get hold of that password?

I signed up his morning and suffered the same issue, the email they send doesn't actually list the login details and I can't see it anywhere on the site.

I was eventually contacted by them and my password now works that was not previously working. They also sent the details to log in but the username is different than your email.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
I want to automatically convert files downloaded by sabnzbd to my NAS and sorted by sonarr/radarr to x265 using my desktop machine when it is otherwise idle. Is there is a good program to do this? My desktop isn't always on, so I'd need a script ~or something~ that would scan my NAS for new video files on start up or on idle, convert the new files into x265 using handbrake or ffmpeg via the NVENC encoder, compare the file sizes of the original and newly converted file, and keeping the smaller one.

Can SABnzbd post-processing do this while still playing nice with sonarr/radarr, or do I need to dive into the sickbeard_mp4_automator?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

I want to automatically convert files downloaded by sabnzbd to my NAS and sorted by sonarr/radarr to x265 using my desktop machine when it is otherwise idle. Is there is a good program to do this? My desktop isn't always on, so I'd need a script ~or something~ that would scan my NAS for new video files on start up or on idle, convert the new files into x265 using handbrake or ffmpeg via the NVENC encoder, compare the file sizes of the original and newly converted file, and keeping the smaller one.

Can SABnzbd post-processing do this while still playing nice with sonarr/radarr, or do I need to dive into the sickbeard_mp4_automator?

Dive into the automator. It has options for various platforms (one of them being SAB) and you only choose one.

Because SAB will run the automator as a post processing script, sonarr/radarr will not touch the file until SAB is done with the conversion.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mustache Ride posted:

Dive into the automator. It has options for various platforms (one of them being SAB) and you only choose one.

Because SAB will run the automator as a post processing script, sonarr/radarr will not touch the file until SAB is done with the conversion.
i did, and found a version of the automator that was compatible with NVENC and it was smooth sailing until I hit the sonarr setup, which either wants me to put the full path of the python executable in a custom connection in windows (my desktop), or put in the full path to the postSonarr.py in linux (the synology). Is there any way I can make local files on my desktop appear in the sonarr/synology file browser so I can path to the python executable on my desktop from the synology? Is there a way to make the automator queue jobs for conversion when the desktop is off?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

TenementFunster posted:

i did, and found a version of the automator that was compatible with NVENC and it was smooth sailing until I hit the sonarr setup, which either wants me to put the full path of the python executable in a custom connection in windows (my desktop), or put in the full path to the postSonarr.py in linux (the synology). Is there any way I can make local files on my desktop appear in the sonarr/synology file browser so I can path to the python executable on my desktop from the synology? Is there a way to make the automator queue jobs for conversion when the desktop is off?
well I figured out how to map the drive on the synology, but whenever I try to run the automator, I get an SABnzbd error saying "No such file or directory" when it tries to run SABPostProcess.py. SABnzbd should have permissions to the mapped directory, so I'm not sure why it can't access the script.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Newshosting sent me a $20 a year ($1.67 a month) unlimited deal. I think it's supposed to be for former customers, but it doesn't look like a unique url. https://controlpanel.newshosting.com/signup/index.php?promo=best-usenet-deal-ever&utm_campaign=Aff_2_June2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It feels like rates are ridiculously low these days. I used to be with NH and never had issues, but switched to whoever it is I'm with now because $5.50 month was cheaper than $11 or so. Tempted to go back for a $20 one off payment for the year.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Someone in russia tried to get onto my Synology NAS and got autoblocked, but i don't understand how they can see it cause i didn't think it was exposed to the internet. I have Quickconnect and SSH disabled, are there other ways it could be exposed?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dongattack posted:

Someone in russia tried to get onto my Synology NAS and got autoblocked, but i don't understand how they can see it cause i didn't think it was exposed to the internet. I have Quickconnect and SSH disabled, are there other ways it could be exposed?

Check your router in case there's a hole there.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Might be punching a hole in your firewall with upnp

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Ugh yeah, it's probably the router. I recently got fibre and with it came one of those ISP solutions where you are only allowed very limited access to advanced router settings, you have to access it from their website and the website is constantly hosed.

I disabled the NAS admin account, setup 2-step verification, blocked most of the hellhole hackermans countries in the firewall and hopefully that will be enough.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In the opposite direction, I noticed that my radarr install seems to have had no authentication whatsoever on it for possibly up to 2 years. Hm. Watch as something happens now I’ve amended that.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

In the opposite direction, I noticed that my radarr install seems to have had no authentication whatsoever on it for possibly up to 2 years. Hm. Watch as something happens now I’ve amended that.

I was similar with sonarr/radarr/etc... I've now secured it all behind an nginx reverse proxy with authentication and feel much happier about it now. For those using docker, the LetsEncrypt docker is a breeze to setup. It has auto-renew of ssl certs and most programs already have reverse proxy templates configured you just have to enable them.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
Delete this if it's a secret or something, but what's the deal with free-usenet.com ??

They claim to have access to 5 different backbones... how legit are they and their claims?

I notice that reddit doesn't allow discussion of them as they are considered to be a 'backdoor' type provider i.e (multiple backbones in one service)

Elphiem fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 22, 2019

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I use free-usenet block accounts without any problems. no idea about the backbone stuff.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Elphiem posted:

I notice that reddit doesn't allow discussion of them as they are considered to be a 'backdoor' type provider i.e (multiple backbones in one service)

I don't understand this.

What's wrong with providing multiple backbones in one service?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that’s definitely odd, feels like there has to be something more to it.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Thermopyle posted:

I don't understand this.

What's wrong with providing multiple backbones in one service?

I mean I see how it'll cause a problem for the MPAA or whatever. I wouldn't want to draw attention to it personally.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I could be confusing them with another provider, but I think free-usenet are the ones that buy regular unlimited accounts and use them to feed their own service. Meaning they're not legitimate resellers and they're breaking everyone's terms of service. It's great for us, but you can see why they wouldn't want to allow that on the subreddit with some of the other providers regularly posting there.

In other news, NewsgroupDirect is losing a lot of its retention on July 1st. The same guy owns UsenetExpress so people assume they'll end up using that with 1100 days of retention.

In completely related news, UsenetServer is now offering the $20 yearly unlimited deal https://accounts.usenetserver.com/register/?step=p&promo=exclusive-usenet-deal&rate=107

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Dongattack posted:

thanks for the reminder that i’ve had SSH enabled for weeks. also i didn’t even know autoblock was an option until now. do y’all just use default settings? i just added a ton of automation stuff to my synology so i gotta triple-check to make sure i’m not transmitting my GPS data or thermostat controls to weev or GNAA. is there an article about best practice anywhere?

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan

sedative posted:

In other news, NewsgroupDirect is losing a lot of its retention on July 1st. The same guy owns UsenetExpress so people assume they'll end up using that with 1100 days of retention.

I wouldn't mind sticking with NGD if they get a different backbone, it will be less retention but in practice most stuff over 3 years isn't available anyway.
Best case scenario they get an NTD backbone and offer cut price deals.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

TenementFunster posted:

thanks for the reminder that i’ve had SSH enabled for weeks. also i didn’t even know autoblock was an option until now. do y’all just use default settings? i just added a ton of automation stuff to my synology so i gotta triple-check to make sure i’m not transmitting my GPS data or thermostat controls to weev or GNAA. is there an article about best practice anywhere?

Default settings on mine were something like 10 failed logins over 60 minutes which i thought was kinda generous, i changed mine to 3 failed logins per 120 minutes.
I also went into the firewall and blocked all the countries i've had hackerman visits from in the past, ideally i should probably block all countries except my own, but there was too much clicking involved.
I never used or enabled Quickconnect which i seem to remember various official guides and the built in wizard pushes you to use.
And lastly i disabled the "admin" account since that's what hackermans use to try to login.

It's also probably supersmart to setup 2-step verification, but i pussied out on that cause at that point i started getting paranoid that i was setting myself up for locking myself out of my own poo poo down the line.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 23, 2019

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Unrelated to that, is there some way in Sonarr/Radarr/SABnzbd to get detailed statistics over which indexers i generally get my stuff from? One of the pay ones i use just lapsed and i would like to know if i actually used it at all.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Put NZBHydra in the middle of those and it'll track the stats for you.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

edit: misread the question, nothing to see here.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Quote is also not edit, sonofa...

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.
Is there a way to connect NZBGet to Handbrake to encode in different format and then rename it automatically via Radarr?

Billa fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 24, 2019

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Dongattack posted:

Ugh yeah, it's probably the router. I recently got fibre and with it came one of those ISP solutions where you are only allowed very limited access to advanced router settings, you have to access it from their website and the website is constantly hosed.

I disabled the NAS admin account, setup 2-step verification, blocked most of the hellhole hackermans countries in the firewall and hopefully that will be enough.

You might have ipv6 with no firewall.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sedative posted:

In completely related news, UsenetServer is now offering the $20 yearly unlimited deal https://accounts.usenetserver.com/register/?step=p&promo=exclusive-usenet-deal&rate=107

Newsdemon is matching that if you email them. I know they both offer it but having a free VPN thrown in is almost worth it itself.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Billa posted:

Is there a way to connect NZBGet to Handbrake to encode in different format and then rename it automatically via Radarr?
kinda but it’s not easy. hope u like scripting.

i tried to connect SABnzbd to ffmpeg via an offshoot of the sickbeard-mp4-converter and jesus let me tell you it was a time sink to troubleshoot and setup that i just gave up and made my sonarr/radarr exclude non-hevc files.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Perplx posted:

You might have ipv6 with no firewall.

I can't mess with the router firewall beyond port forwarding, so i just have to assume its there and working. But IPv6 was on yeah so i turned that off.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

sedative posted:

I've been using block accounts for a while, because I'm not a super heavy downloader, but what's the catch here? That seems like a ridiculously cheap price for 'unlimited'.

Is their search any good, or is it basically binsearch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

B-Nasty posted:

I've been using block accounts for a while, because I'm not a super heavy downloader, but what's the catch here? That seems like a ridiculously cheap price for 'unlimited'.

Is their search any good, or is it basically binsearch?

According to reddit, they’re severely underpricing it to cut out the competition.